Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,573 members, 7,820,060 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Is This Person Right For Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is This Person Right For Me? (898 Views)

Is This Person Right For Me? / Would You Date/marry This Person? / Is It Right For A Guy To Ask A Girl For Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 25, 2011
What qualities would u currently view as a essential in a potential marriage mate?

- Good looking
- Friendly
- Popular
- Funny

- Spiritually-minded
- Trustworthy
- Morally upright
- Goal-oriented

There's nothing wrong with any of the above traits. Each of them has its own appeal. Wouldn't u agree, though, that when u're in the grip of a youthful crush, u tend to dwell on the more superficial qualities, such as those in the top four?
As u mature, however, u begin using ur powers of perception to examine deeper issues, such as those in the below four. For instance, u start to realize that the cutest gurl in the neighborhood may not be all that trustworthy. If u're past the bloom of youth, u most likely look beyond the superficial traits to answer the question, ''Is this person right for me?''

Know Yourself First
Before u can consider who might be right for u, u need to know urself well. To learn more bout urself, answer the following Que :

What are my strengths?

What are my vulnerabilities?

What emotional and spiritual needs do I have?

The more u understand urself, the better equipped u will be to find someone who will amplify ur strengths rather than ur weaknesses. * What if u think u've found that person?

Will Just Anyone Do?
"Can I get to know u better?" That question will make u either cringe or leap for joy-depending on who's asking. Suppose u answer yes. Over the course of time, how can u tell he/she is right for u?
Suppose u want to buy a new pair of shoes. You go to the store and find a pair that catches ur eye.
You try on the shoes, only to find that-much to ur disappointment-they're too tight or too loose. What would u do? Clearly, the better choice is to put the shoes back and look for others.
It's similar with choosing a marriage partner. All u long for is the one who'ld fit ur personality and ur goals.
Have u found such a person? If so, how can u tell if that one is right for u?

Looking Beyond the Surface

To answer that last question, look at ur friend objectively. Be careful, though! You might be inclined to see only what u want to see. So take ur time. Try to perceive ur friend's true nature. This will take effort on ur part. But that's only to be expected.
Many who date dont look beyond the surface. Instead, they quickly point to the things they have in common : 'We like the same music.' 'We agree on everything.' etc As mentioned earlier, though, if u're truly past the bloom of youth, u look beyond superficial traits. You see the need to discern "the secret person of the heart''
For xample, rather than focus on how much u agree on things, it might be revealing to note what happens when u disagree grin In other words, how does this person handle conflict? undecided

TIP Study God's word together. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Goldieluks: 12:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
Good one,OP. smiley
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by MrsChima(f): 12:24pm On Feb 25, 2011
SOMEBODY IN LOVE.
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 25, 2011
Fanks Goldie, its just an elightenment wink

lol @ Ms Chima, biko kwa! Am not Yet in love cheesy
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by MrsChima(f): 12:43pm On Feb 25, 2011
Omoloa,

Can you please give him a call. I will send you a recharge card.
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Goldieluks: 12:47pm On Feb 25, 2011
hahaha,@recharge card,bad sis.
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by MrsChima(f): 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
What? I thought the phones there use chips and all. Well, that what I had to get when I was Nigeria.
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
Ms Chima, i and Lola are just e-dating naa nofin ova canal cheesy grin
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by seedord247(m): 1:15pm On Feb 25, 2011
Nice one Poster . . . . but Nigerian can never put this into use
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 25, 2011
Really? But am a Nigerian naa and I've gone tru those steps and they paved fruitful for me smiley
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Goldieluks: 1:27pm On Feb 25, 2011
and still your not inlove? (am i drunk). shocked
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by seedord247(m): 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2011
Don't mind him he's inlost and hugging Infactutation
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2011
Goldie Dearie u aint drunk in anyway grin

I use to be In Love until something happened embarassed  Its just a long Story wink
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by seedord247(m): 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2011
what happen?. . . . you caught wife and yur best friend beeping each other?? wettin won happen to you wey never happen b4
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 25, 2011
Seedord are u a journalist? undecided

Its a long and Personal Story, believe me a thread cant stomach it all, unless u're planning on having a column in a Daily wiv the caption "Guapo's Love Story - a must read" grin
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Goldieluks: 1:48pm On Feb 25, 2011
Try cutting the story short?. undecided
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by seedord247(m): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2011
El Guapo we're waiting for you . . . . . .
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Dyt(f): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2011
He s lookin 4 d script na
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2011
^^^i'm interested in the story too o wink
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 25, 2011
Lol @ All, abeg peepz its too personal and this is a public forum grin
Re: Is This Person Right For Me? by Tosinville(m): 8:10pm On Feb 25, 2011
Too lazy to read al diz

(1) (Reply)

Letter To My Ex: Send it or Not? / She Was violated, What Do I Do To Him? / Would You Visit Your Ex's Dad If He Wants You To ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.