Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Would You Date/marry This Person? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Date/marry This Person? (7950 Views)

Can You Date/ Marry A Lady That Smokes? / Photos: Guys Can You Date This Beatiful Damsel? / Ladies, Would You Date/marry A Submissive Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 9:29pm On May 22, 2012
I would like to get your thoughts on an issue that really shouldn't be an issue! Or so I think.

I love tattoos and have always admired them as beautiful works of art, and more so since I have an arts background and have been surrounded by artists with georgeous body art, but due to some unfortunate circumstances I have been unable to get them. My family and some friends have been against the idea from the start because it's a sin (according to my mom), and the small ish about it being permanent tongue. I have had a friend say he will stop all contact with me if I did get one! Religious reasons obviously. Look, I love God and I don't think he'll chuck me to hell for getting a tattoo. It doesn't make me any less of a woman or a child of God in any way. Well luckily for me, I have been 'blessed' with a man who loves tatts as well and currently has six on his body and getting the 7th over the weekend, a tribute to remember his late mom by. I want to understand why Nigerians can be so closed-minded about this in our modern times. When will people start to realise that getting a tattoo doesn't make you a thug or a slut! I don't support children getting tatts as I feel they can make that choice when they're adults.

This is just my opinion but I would like to know ladies if you'd date or marry a guy with tatts and guys if you'd do the same. Mature responses I beg una!
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Mynd44: 9:35pm On May 22, 2012
I am indifferent to it until you body looks like Lil Wayne's and then it just hideous
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Killz1(m): 9:36pm On May 22, 2012
I'm not a fan of tattoos or any kind of body mutilation. . .
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 9:49pm On May 22, 2012
Mynd_44: I am indifferent to it until you body looks like Lil Wayne's and then it just hideous
I feel you. I don't get LW music most of the time and I think he's crazy but gotta love his tatts. Its extreme but I can't say I hate it.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 9:51pm On May 22, 2012
Killz.:

I'm not a fan of tattoos or any kind of body mutilation. . .
Why ever not! Its not the same as body mutilation so don't even use those 2 words in the same sentence!
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Mynd44: 9:52pm On May 22, 2012
ijebabe:
Why ever not! Its not the same as body mutilation so don't even use those 2 words in the same sentence!
Actually they are not far from each other
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 9:54pm On May 22, 2012
Mynd_44:
Actually they are not far from each other
You would consider it so when compared to LW. Is 5/6 mutilation?
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by slimyem: 9:55pm On May 22, 2012
one or two tattos in discreet body parts is a no biggie!
I can deal!
Extremities are a NO-NO!
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 22, 2012
Could date a girl with few tattoos but with one like wiz khalifa is just a far cry
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Killz1(m): 10:05pm On May 22, 2012
ijebabe:

Well, i like classifying them together to remind myself of the gravity of whatever it is. . . Well, small tattoos look nice actually. But i won't fall heads over heels for you cos of a tattoo. . . Mi o raye [i]s[/i]hit mehn!
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 10:18pm On May 22, 2012
Killz.:

Well, i like classifying them together to remind myself of the gravity of whatever it is. . . Well, small tattoos look nice actually. But i won't fall heads over heels for you cos of a tattoo. . . Mi o raye [i]s[/i]hit mehn!
Hahaha. I don't mean it as a reason to fall in love but it seems like Nigerians are turned off by them. Imagine taking a girl home to meet your folks and she's got a big one on! I had a friend who got married last year and as per their culture he had to do the ceremony shirtless. This guy was a nervous wreck, he thot his in-laws would cancel the wedding on the spot cos he had a massive tatt on his arm! I guess it's all about moderation.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by JojoArmani(m): 10:19pm On May 22, 2012
me I like small meaninful tattos but wen it get to dat Lil wayne style i no follow again. But one tin I know about tattos is once u start wit one b4 u know it, is all over ur body. Cos people get addicted to de pains of de tatto. So from time to time dey need to feel de pin pains agains dats why u see people drawing all their body including their .............................
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Killz1(m): 10:23pm On May 22, 2012
ijebabe:
Hahaha. I don't mean it as a reason to fall in love but it seems like Nigerians are turned off by them. Imagine taking a girl home to meet your folks and she's got a big one on! I had a friend who got married last year and as per their culture he had to do the ceremony shirtless. This guy was a nervous wreck, he thot his in-laws would cancel the wedding on the spot cos he had a massive tatt on his arm! I guess it's all about moderation.

On a serious note, majority of people who get tattoos are RAZZ!!! you need to see them jumping all over lagos these days. . . Smh. Dirty looking unkempt and for the females, dressed like ashy hoes. . . I mean, who would see that nonsense and have something good to say about anyone with tattoos? It's a huge turn off.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 10:35pm On May 22, 2012
^^ That's the stereotype most people have about people with tatts and I'm not saying its totally unfounded but there are decent, mature people who have tatts and you wouldn't know it till they undressed in front of you.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 10:39pm On May 22, 2012
Jojo Armani: me I like small meaninful tattos but wen it get to dat Lil wayne style i no follow again. But one tin I know about tattos is once u start wit one b4 u know it, is all over ur body. Cos people get addicted to de pains of de tatto. So from time to time dey need to feel de pin pains agains dats why u see people drawing all their body including their .............................
Including what? finish it o!
Mynd_44 abi you don see wetin u cause with LW! cheesy Jojo, LW is obviously an exception cos he's extreme and I know what ur saying about once you start you can't stop. In fact that's one of the reasons I'm waiting it out cos I love ink. Addicted to the pain? They're called masochists, I don't think I'm one grin
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by cowgurl: 10:42pm On May 22, 2012
Geez! I love tatoos n secretly wished I could crest one but I sure can't cos my folks will 'kill' me. And yes I can date/marry a guy who's gat tatts (not lik lil wayne's o' course, even though I luv his songs). Am all for modesty.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Goldieluks: 10:49pm On May 22, 2012
I was so desperate to get a love shape tattoo on my hand, but I had to refrain from it when my man showed me the bible verse on how God hates it. Really and truely tattoo is overrated and it doesn't make one the most exposed or the most civilzed.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 10:52pm On May 22, 2012
cowgurl: Geez! I love tatoos n secretly wished I could crest one but I sure can't cos my folks will 'kill' me. And yes I can date/marry a guy who's gat tatts (not lik lil wayne's o' course, even though I luv his songs). Am all for modesty.
Finally! cheesy
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Killz1(m): 10:52pm On May 22, 2012
ijebabe: ^^ That's the stereotype most people have about people with tatts and I'm not saying its totally unfounded but there are decent, mature people who have tatts and you wouldn't know it till they undressed in front of you.
It depends sha. i may meet her and like her person without knowing she has a hidden tattoo. . . Emphasis on Hidden. . .
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by fubbyy(m): 10:52pm On May 22, 2012
I have a total of six.. And will still get more
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 22, 2012
I won't date a girl who has tattoos or piercings
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 10:59pm On May 22, 2012
Goldieluks: I was so desperate to get a love shape tattoo on my hand, but I had to refrain from it when my man showed me the bible verse on how God hates it. Really and truely tattoo is overrated and it doesn't make one the most exposed or the most civilzed.
Yes, and not to eat pork and lepers, cripples and the blind to be ostracised etc. Those laws were made for a different time and I don't think i'm sinning because I purely (can I say that?) love tatts cos its art to me. I guess its shady when religion is involved!
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by slimyem: 11:00pm On May 22, 2012
apocalypse: I won't date a girl who has tattoos or piercings
aww...you missing!
Piercings are cool...esp. one on the belly buttoncheesycheesy
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Goldieluks: 11:09pm On May 22, 2012
ijebabe:
Yes, and not to eat pork and lepers, cripples and the blind to be ostracised etc. Those laws were made for a different time and I don't think i'm sinning because I purely (can I say that?) love tatts cos its art to me. I guess its shady when religion is involved!

It depends on the individual really. If your conscience agrees with it, ok. But if it doesn't, then it is better to refrain.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 22, 2012
Me fancy tatoo o! Infact, i have one on my neck, one each on my arms.. Thats all.. Atleast a chick shudn't have more than two.. One on d cleavage, one on da waist line or backside. That reminds of k-solo & his wife.. Two of 'em have tatoos all over their bodies..
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by cantell(m): 11:13pm On May 22, 2012
slimyem: aww...you missing!
Piercings are cool...esp. one on the belly buttoncheesycheesy
Some still live in sisqo era.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 22, 2012
ijebabe: I would like to get your thoughts on an issue that really shouldn't be an issue! Or so I think.

I love tattoos and have always admired them as beautiful works of art, and more so since I have an arts background and have been surrounded by artists with georgeous body art, but due to some unfortunate circumstances I have been unable to get them. My family and some friends have been against the idea from the start because it's a sin (according to my mom), and the small ish about it being permanent tongue. I have had a friend say he will stop all contact with me if I did get one! Religious reasons obviously. Look, I love God and I don't think he'll chuck me to hell for getting a tattoo. It doesn't make me any less of a woman or a child of God in any way. Well luckily for me, I have been 'blessed' with a man who loves tatts as well and currently has six on his body and getting the 7th over the weekend, a tribute to remember his late mom by. I want to understand why Nigerians can be so closed-minded about this in our modern times. When will people start to realise that getting a tattoo doesn't make you a thug or a slut! I don't support children getting tatts as I feel they can make that choice when they're adults.

This is just my opinion but I would like to know ladies if you'd date or marry a guy with tatts and guys if you'd do the same. Mature responses I beg una!

I have tats of my own so of course I WOULD. smiley

1 Like

Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 22, 2012
fubbyy: I have a total of six.. And will still get more

That's whats up! Tats forever!! cool

"I'm tat-tat-tatted up" grin grin

nothing wrong with tattoos.
God: "Render your heart...not your garments" (...or tats tongue)
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 11:16pm On May 22, 2012
Goldieluks:

It depends on the individual really. If your conscience agrees with it, ok. But if it doesn't, then it is better to refrain.
I agree. Its a state of mind.
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 11:18pm On May 22, 2012
fubbyy: I have a total of six.. And will still get more
*twisting lose hair strands and blushing* that's so neat! wink
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by ijebabe: 11:19pm On May 22, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

That's whats up! Tats forever!! cool

"I'm tat-tat-tatted up" grin grin

nothing wrong with tattoos.
God: "[b]Render your heart...not your garments" (...or tats tongue)[/b]
cheesy Im all for that!
Re: Would You Date/marry This Person? by slimyem: 11:22pm On May 22, 2012
cantell:
Some still live in sisqo era.
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

He Caught His Girlfriend With His Best Friend In Bed Banging Each Other. / Ladies: Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Like Penetrative Sex but prefers...? / Photos: This Is NOT The Feminism That We Preach.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.