Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,237 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent (13278 Views)

Unfaithful Wife Renders Husband Impotent In Lagos / Her Parent Forced Her Into Marriage Only To Dicovered That he Is Impotent / My Dad Is Impotent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by hotangel2(f): 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2005
Okay, I will have sex, but the fact is i won't get pregnant. Impotent isn't no being able to have sex, it's just not being able to impregnate a woman.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Greatpeter(m): 6:06pm On Jul 01, 2005
Hot-angel, I said impotence here means inability of the man to [participate in the normal act of sex].

So where will you get the sex? From his brother or friend? [I]'This thing tire me o'[/I]("this issue tires me"wink.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Greatpeter(m): 10:02pm On Jul 04, 2005
She has got to live with it. Period!
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Motee(f): 6:10pm On Jul 05, 2005
hey! is there any lawyer in the house because one just told me now that the marriage is not even legal..will be back.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Greatpeter(m): 7:58pm On Jul 05, 2005
Let that lawyer come to this forum and argue it out.
I'm here. Let him have a date with me.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by twinkledew(f): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2005
why r u all taking the topic to be something that is big in a tiny box. the solution is simple. the lady can have her baby through IVF or adopt a child. the only thing is if the dude does not want his wife to adobt or have IVF. i will say the dude is selfish and cold. me advice will be to divorce the dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by twinkledew(f): 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2005
the hospital is there for people to check about their partners.why wld someone get married to a dude without knowing their profile (blood type etc)
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Ra(f): 11:34pm On Jul 12, 2005
@Greatpeter, if you care to read`my earlier post on this topic, you'll know I said it already that the marriage is void ab initio, from the word go, which means it was never a marriage in the first place. That is the law.. no consummation, no marriage.

There.. I've said it. I'm a lawyer, I'm in the house, let me hear your say... smiley
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Greatpeter(m): 9:49am On Jul 14, 2005
Great my lawyer I'm happy you're in the house let tap from your wealth of experience, I think since they've gone to the registry and signed the marriage bond, then the marriage is backed by the law.

And what of if it were to be court wedding and the man wants to back out don't you think it's a breach of contract?

In Christendom it is believed that marriage is for better for worse.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Ra(f): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2005
You're arguing very different points.

Under Common Law, which is the Law practised in Nigeria as well as England, a marriage is not valid until it is consummated. If the husband is unable to consummate the marriage or whatever reason, then it is rendered void ab inito as I earlier explained, regardless of the kind of ceremony it was... church or Court. Traditional marriage however falls under another system and the decision rests solely on the concerned party. However a man cannot decide to end a marriage for lack of consummation unless the wife blatantly refuses to sleep with him for reasons best known to her.

Christendom is an entirely different kettle of fish.

Capische?
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by drbigdaddyg(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2005
Well Seun, I will disagree ur first comment based on the fact that once you are tied to be one body, u can never disintegrate again unless "death puts u apart". It is evident since a body can not be split and still remain alive.

I think this must be the reason why singles are asked to pray for God to provide them better halfs(halves).

I will therefore attribute carelessness to such victims.

Once you are a victim, ask God for forgiveness and have faith that God who makes imposibilities posibilities will make the impotent potent. (TRUE).

Seun, I will need your admission to this.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by gina34(f): 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2005
God won't allow me to be a victim of such thing, but if it happens to me I will stay with him. Afterall it is for better for worse. I just have to compromise.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Seun(m): 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2005
So what if he can't get his soldier to stand at attention?  His hands are still there! Who says the hands alone can't work wonders? 

And as for the aspect of having children, if you are rich artificial insemination is an option, and there's the society-friendly option of child adoption

The key to beating life's circumstances such as this one is to know your options and take them!
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by IAH(f): 12:52pm On Nov 03, 2005
Seun:

So what if he can't get his soldier to stand at attention? His hands are still there! Who says the hands alone can't work wonders?

It can't be like the real thing. wink
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Oracle(m): 1:30am On Nov 04, 2005
men itz bloody terrible
well nothing is impossible
so prayer will just be the next
option.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by prettyH(f): 5:50am On Nov 16, 2005
come what is all this talk bout unless the man consummates the marriage, its not binding. pls its not so. if u get married be it in court it stands. if the guy can't do the thing , both parties have to put their heads together to know what next. Abi they've agreed its for better or worse...and now is the worse. but it will be tough.

Seun:

So what if he can't get his soldier to stand at attention? His hands are still there! Who says the hands alone can't work wonders?

which hands? how long will that be for ? thats just done in addition to the real thing

@IAH

girl i feel u
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by jclord(f): 12:55am On Feb 06, 2006
As a pharmaceutical rep I used to sell a drug for impotence. There are several pharmaceutical drugs on the international market. There are also herbal treatments available. There is no need to dispair in this situation. These treatments are selling like hotcakes in Europe, Canada and the US. This is a very common problem for men over 40 because of certain medical conditions. Drug companies say 50% of men over 40 in the US suffer to some degree from this problem.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by nikinash(f): 9:07am On Feb 22, 2006
thank you jclord, i was wondering why no one had postulated the issue of impotence drugs. anyway the guy should have told her cos he would have known like seun said. but all hope is definitely not lost. she should not any account do extramarit, as that will only comlicate their lives and it is a sin. where there is a will, there is always a way. they can definitely find several options with which tehy can satisfy each other wink
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Rhodalyn(f): 10:33am On Feb 23, 2006
if a married a man and he is impotent i would still be wit him
da vowels we made means a lot 2 me ''in sickness n in health'' ''4 beta, 4 worse''
till death do us part 1s i say dese 2 a man i would always stick wit him thru thick n thin unless he beats me or sometin
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Olorididan(m): 12:51am On Apr 27, 2006
Im hoping this guy is just finding out that he can't stand firm

(*phew* --- very thought of it makes me break out in a cold cold sweat)

in which case the unfortunate soul should start thinking!

seriously!!

about

TOYS--- TOYS --- TOYS----

plenty of TOYS cheesy cheesy cheesy

all sorts---- BIG small round FAT loooong thin!

ALL SHAPES ALL SIZES!!!!!

coz believe he gon need em!!
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by kimba(m): 2:38am On Apr 27, 2006
i agree with the person who said both couples should have done their homework before marriage,

regardless of love or no love, both of them should have gone to the hospital and done tests before saying "I Do".

"I Do" cannot change to "I Dont" after one night when you discover your husband cant get it up. And besides there are medications for that, i once read of some steroids that could do the job, its only that it might take some quality time before the thingy goes limp again, i mean like hours after the actual action grin grin grin grin so that means, no quickes like early in the morning, , unless he'll not make it to the office that day. grin grin
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by doshbass(m): 4:37pm On Apr 27, 2006
its sad, but they got married to each other for better or worse, so thats the answer ladies in the house just imagine that after being married acid was poured on your face, do you expect the guy to dump you
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by eveseh(f): 7:51pm On Apr 27, 2006
kimba:

i agree with the person who said both couples should have done their homework before marriage,

regardless of love or no love, both of them should have gone to the hospital and done tests before saying "I Do".

"I Do" cannot change to "I Dont" after one night when you discover your husband can't get it up. And besides there are medications for that, i once read of some steroids that could do the job, its only that it might take some quality time before the thingy goes limp again, i mean like hours after the actual action grin grin grin grin so that means, no quickes like early in the morning, , unless he'll not make it to the office that day. grin grin

grin grin grin grin cool cool
right
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by crazyp(f): 5:00pm On Jul 05, 2007
God forbid bad tin, dem swear for am?

Honestly, if he tells me abt it before the wedding, we will postpone that wedding and seek for help medically bt if he didnt tell me, love or no luv, i'm out of it.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by tayo4me(f): 11:11pm On Jul 05, 2007
there are times one needs to be realistic. in this kind of situation love would be the last thing on my mind. it's even likely d guy knew b4 we got married and hid it 4rm me, dat kind of guy can kill. his relatives might not even know and will later blame me for not "bearing a child" 4 their son. God forbid, but if in dis situation, i'll leave fast, except it is curable
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by flakey94: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2007
Hello, I  feel  for you but i think you were careless  and a bit hypocritical in the way you handled the relationship, are you saying you dated this fellow and you never noticed a bulge in his trousers at anytime during your petting  sessions?enough of blame alloting
I think you should seek medical  help first, male infertility is more acceptable now and a lot of clinics treat it effectively.
In the event that a cure is not obtainable you need to take a step back and re assess your marriage, the decision to leave or stay lies with you and no one else.
The church (even if you are catholic )will grant you an annulment if you desire it because he married you without letting you know of this condition of his hence denying you the chance to make an informed decision.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by janami(f): 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2007
two slap go land sharp sharp b4 i ask him what caused d impotence. if it is something that cn be remedied i will stand by him, and if it is smthg that cannot be, then i guess ii will ve to live wit it. Do sm good in the society by adopting a child. not that i wish such on my self o. atleast it is till death do us part. i 4 shine my eye well well b4 i marry.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Bblak(f): 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2007
Heaven forbids.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by ehie007(m): 11:16am On Oct 24, 2007
too bad for the lady who finds out her man cannot perform.
Divorce or annulment is the only answer.

Hav u guys thot of the other way rounds!
Guys after your marriage if u find out that your wife is not a performer what will you do. Even after trying to teadh her.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by claudia(f): 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2007
During a Q & A session in church during a marriage seminar, my Pastor said if a marriage is conducted based on lies it can be dissolved.

Please let us stop playing with God and think it is only when it suit us that we apply His standard.

How can the impotent man be a christian when he courted a lady for at least 6months before marriage and he did not think it is proper to tell her of his condition before deceiving her into marriage.

Nobody should tell me he did not know because there is no way he would not have known even if he was not sexually active for that period is he a virgin? Would he not have had a desire for sex even if he is a saint?

Sincerely speaking guys in the house if you are impotent will you not know without even a visit to the doctor?

When they say 'for better for worse' it is for the WORSE that you are aware of and you still feel you can cope with, the WORSE that occurs after you've been married and you deal with as it comes not the WORSE that somebody deliberateley hides from you especially one of such magnitude as this.

this is about intergrity, trusting the man that you married, respecting him and been able to vouch for him. How can i respect a man that lied to me for such a long time? if i dont respect him how can i love him? if i dont love him how can i stay with him?

I will definitely leave him, no 2 ways about it because if i dont i will cheat on him and cheating is not acceptable.
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by almondjoy(f): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2007
Then there should be a lot to talk about concerning "the future"  If the wife was "frigid" I am sure the man would be doing the same.  Work out what you can and "can" what you cannot!
Re: If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent by Ambber(f): 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2007

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Spice Up Your Marriage / Parenting: Should My Child Have A Smartphone? / A Must Read Letter From A Mistress To Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.