Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants (3847 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes (2) (3) (4)

Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by jason123: 4:49pm On Feb 25, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan has approved a fresh fund called Re-insertion Safety Allowance for 20,192 ex-Niger Delta militants.

The approval followed a series of agitations by the ex-combatants who had clamoured for some allowances from the government.

The Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, issued the information on Thursday during a pre-departure briefing at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, for 42 ex-militants departing for South Africa on a six-month vocational training.

Kuku, who did not disclose the amount, however, said the President had passed the matter to the National Assembly.

He said, “The President has approved a Re-insertion Safety Allowance for 20,192 ex-militants. This amount is for the first set of 20,192 ex-militants; the second set, consisting of 6,166 ex-militants, will be included in the supplementary budget.

“The allowance is in response to the clamour by our brothers, the ex-combatants, who had agitated for a housing allowance. The government refused to heed their agitations; instead, what the government did was to approve a Re-insertion Safety Allowance.”

Kuku explained that the allowance was to enable them to provide for their families during the training.

The 42 ex-fighters will join the first batch of 38 who left for South Africa in December last year. The special adviser said 212 ex-militants travelled to Ghana last month for training while several other militants would attend various programmes in Europe and other countries later in the year.

According to him, the ex-combatants will receive instruction in various marine studies, undersea welding and other professions related to the oil and gas industry.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20110225237393
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by jason123: 4:50pm On Feb 25, 2011
Our president has done it again!!! shocked shocked sad sad angry
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by jason123: 4:55pm On Feb 25, 2011
Are we now a welfare state
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 25, 2011
Bunch of person that should have been wasted a long time ago
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by aljharem2: 5:05pm On Feb 25, 2011
it just shows how our president is baised towards his people
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Pataki: 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
I think the sanity of this man called Jonathan should be questioned. Everytime I read of his actions or statements, I am always getting an headache with it.

This president is definitely not sane!
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by egift(m): 10:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
So is President Jonathan taking the rest of us as fools?

So he mean the fastest way to get government salary + fresh renewals is only when we start blowing things up, kidnapping, stealing, smuggling arms, bunker oil, vandalizing public facilities, involved in thuggery, socked in corruption and such?

With this type of leadership, I weep for Nigeria cry cry cry
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 25, 2011
does this mean there will soon be allawi for boko haram in the offing

all hail the spokesman of mend!!!

he's probably trying to stop okah from dealing with him. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by PhysicsMHD(m): 10:22pm On Feb 25, 2011
He said, “The President has approved a Re-insertion Safety Allowance for [size=20pt]20,192[/size] ex-militants. This amount is for the first set of 20,192 ex-militants; the second set, consisting of [size=20pt]6,166[/size] ex-militants, will be included in the supplementary budget.

Did nobody else notice this?

That is just too many people for the government to just be paying for doing nothing.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Chyz2: 10:25pm On Feb 25, 2011
Why is this guy constantly spending our money on his people.Nigeria isnt just about the niger delta.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 25, 2011
Fresh Air Allowance
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by KnowAll(m): 10:46pm On Feb 25, 2011
The man might be playing his last card. It is either He would honorably throw in d towel knowing that whilst he was in power he helped his brothers in d creeks if he was defeated in d coming elections or  rather sadly and I hope not he is indirectly recruiting an army of disgruntled tribes men who would do his bidding wen they are called for duty. I would like to believe it is d former ather than d latter after all he only profess recently that one of his cardinal points is d eradication of tribalism from our polity.  I would want to think that he is too learned to get directly involved in d balkanisation of Nigeria.

But then what have we not seen in d last week, Gaddaffi's son who is suppose to be a Phd holder was on air in his country wagging his hands at his country men & women threatning them with fire & brimstone if they don't accept his family's continued despotic rule, The world has seen it all b4.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by egift(m): 10:51pm On Feb 25, 2011
Why is it only the evil, crude and corrupt individuals get the support from this Government. Who knows how many more Nigerians are considering to go the wrong way, since those are the once Mr President care about.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by 10cirenoh: 11:16pm On Feb 25, 2011
Now i am very angry, what's all these rubbish?

Can someone just shoot that second hand cowboy? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by solihu(m): 2:10am On Feb 26, 2011
Hmmm! O ga o!
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Beaf: 2:21am On Feb 26, 2011
Chyz*:

Why is this guy constantly spending our money on his people.Nigeria isnt just about the niger delta.

Really? lol
Then lets practise true federalism. Simples.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Beaf: 2:22am On Feb 26, 2011
10cirenoh:

Now i am very angry, what's all these rubbish?

Can someone just shoot that second hand cowboy? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I wonder if you are in Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by friedrice1: 8:14am On Feb 26, 2011
Why is this man just so dull? Decision after decision, statements after Statement, it only emphasizes how clueless and daft this president is.
the world is watching. if this man ever wins, then all hope is lost for this country. What a shame!
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Nobody: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2011
fresh air 2011!!!
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by 10cirenoh: 9:52am On Feb 26, 2011
Beaf:

I wonder if you are in Nigeria.

Yes in Nigeria and has been in Nigeria all my life, this is the only country i have and i must do all possible to make her work.

Beaf:

Really? lol
Then lets practise true federalism. Simples.

Mr man, it seems you don't even know what you want, GEJ you support is not and has not spoken about the true federalism you are ranting about, have you taken time to ready Buhari's manifesto? FEDERALISM is WRITTEN all over it, if truly this is what you want, then you should be SUPPORTING the BB ticket.

simples.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 26, 2011
first welfare system in nigeria perhaps.

he should pay off the other militias too.

or get them all, some gainful employment.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by cold(m): 10:57am On Feb 26, 2011
Y'all should give it a rest abeg & stop criticising for the sake of it.Can someone please explain to me the cost of doing nothing
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by dabrake(m): 11:32am On Feb 26, 2011
so d comp. Science im studyin' now is a waste of talent. i'll av 2 retake jamb & i'll put oil bunkerin & kidnappin as ma major so dat i can also 'chop national cake'. stupid bumm-bumm licker of a president. weneva i see him, i'll always av hope dat im at least beta dan 1 prsn on earth(dat is gej)
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by adagz01(m): 11:42am On Feb 26, 2011
Chyz*:

big fool,you should have known that the niger delta deserves more than this.

NO NIGER DELTA No nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by member479760: 12:16pm On Feb 26, 2011
Thats a good move. Please continue to distribute the money better eating it alone.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by mrofficial(m): 1:29pm On Feb 26, 2011
oyb:

fresh air 2011!!!

Too fresh! grin grin grin
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by hackney(m): 1:43pm On Feb 26, 2011
Hmm. . . being an ex-militant is looking more rewarding than being a good old coperate professional.
Nigeria we hail thee. . . .
unique.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by banom(m): 1:55pm On Feb 26, 2011
tpiah!:

first welfare system in nigeria perhaps.

he should pay off the other militias too.

or get them all, some gainful employment.

tpia ? may be i should reconsider my stand on the aborted marriage proposal.
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by hbrednic: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2011
Pay them or allow them to saboutadge the pipelines cry
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by shark2last(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2011
Just one word "stupid"
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by shark2last(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2011
Just one word "stupid"
Re: Jonathan Approves Fresh Allowance For Ex-militants by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2011
adagz 01:

big fool,you should have known that the niger delta deserves more than this.

NO NIGER DELTA No nigeria.

You are the bigger fool,, I am from Niger delta but this is a case of spare the Rod and spoil the child. [/b]Niger delta is not all about criminals who are agitating for their private pockets. Hope he will continue until they reach 80 yrs. Why do we have [b]NNDC and Ministry of Niger delta. How many jobs have they provided for the niger delta youths since inception. The problem here is that a few who sees this money are too greedy. Niger deltans( esp SS) are more greedy than any other part of this country

Do not allow the 20 Fuel Protestors Death to be in vain !! / Accident Along Asaba-agbor Road Involving Students ( Very Graphic) / See What Donald Trump Had To Say About Nigeria.