Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' (53549 Views)

Man Flogged For Stealing A Bunch Of Plantain In Bayelsa Community (Photos) / Man Flogged For Raping A 12-Year-Old Girl In Lekki Phase 1, Lagos / Old Man Flogged For Raping A Little Girl In The North (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by RemoveKebab: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
Mohayemi:
Freedom of is speech is guaranteed, but freedom after speech is not guaranteed
Idi Amin Dada Oumee
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by brownemmanuel43(m): 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
It is finished
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by TheCork(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2020
post=94014015:
Update From . COM

A man has accused soldiers of beating him up for expressing his right to freedom of speech, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Samson Etumudon shared a photo of his swollen back with a red whip mark and explained that he was flogged by soldiers in Benin, along Airport road.

When asked what he said to anger the soldiers, he said that he was in a car when the soldiers tried to board the vehicle, Reports.

He explained that the soldiers, who were dressed in mufti, looked into the car then commented that he is a criminal looking for who to "run". Not knowing that they are soldiers, he said he hit back at them, asking if he has "run" them before.

The soldiers entered the vehicle then when they got to the front of their base, they got down from the car and dragged him down before assaulting him.

Read His Narration in Pidgin English, As Obtained By Below:

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3333468256722285&id=100001774307191

Nigeria is so useless its unbelievable. That place is jungle.. they cant try this $hit hear in London innit(no oofense) angry
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Princessbettyj(f): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
Zoo country, they go leave important matter begin harass innocent people sad
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by lukui: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
if you no get money get sense. fight for your right but use your upper while doing so.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Lamasta(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:
Go shout at a soldier man and when he treat your fvck up, run to social media and start posting. Na you still dey feel the pain.

From his head, I know say na dem.
Oga you sure say you go make heaven like this grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Tumbulum: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:
Go shout at a soldier man and when he treat your fvck up, run to social media and start posting. Na you still dey feel the pain.

I understand you guys love being a slave when in reality you are free born but please free yourself from mental slavery.
I have one or two guys that I personally know that are in the military and to be sincere they are human beings and nothing more. They are not better than civilians and should not for any reason molest a civilian.
Its mentality like the one you displayed that give them the feeling to molest civilians. Grow up and condemn evil in the Land.
To say it again,a typical Nigerian soldier is nothing. They are not special, they are not better than civilians and as matter of fact are paid with civilian taxes.

4 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Mars16(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2020
Young man pursue justice to the end.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2020
Don't mind them...
Simplyleo:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by segun18(m): 3:53pm On Sep 17, 2020
Yeye Soldiers... When they see Boko haram they will run, but when them see harmless and defenceless citizens they will start harassing them.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by LoyalRoyalty: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
BeSpect:
Speechless.

Why are security personnel so harsh and ruthless to the citizens?
It's frustration.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by MrLacoste4: 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
In Nigeria there is freedom of speech but freedom after speech is what I can't assure u..
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by heendrix(m): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2020
BornSnner9:
Let him take the case up and those culprits should be dismissed.. we don't need such people in our military uniforms.. they can only mess with Nigerians who don't know how to exercise their right..

Being a security personnel doesn't give you the right to maltreat a civilian and do as you please..

By the time he takes this up.. it will serve as a lesson to others especially this young recruit wey power dey shack them

Nothing go do dem....nothing if he want mai e go report to Buhari

Ps: I condemn this uncultured act by the way

1 Like

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by udemzyudex(m): 4:00pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

This one is always trying to be relevant here on nairaland, Useme mkpo.

4 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by nams77: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

Forget it, the dude is not innocent. I have seen his types shouting at soldiers on several occasions even without provocation.
This your line of thought just exposed your mindset. I can now understand why you people enjoy oppression and victimization.
So shouting at a soldier has become a crime? It has now become a crime to state your mind. I am just shaking my head here angry

8 Likes

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Sleekfingers: 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
...Naija soldiers and wickedness. Is like corn and coconut......

I am not saying this dude is lying. But the youth of nowadays lack proper home training... They just talk anyhow....i wonder how dey talk to their parents......especially on nairaland....they hide behind their phones and be typing trash.......
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by heendrix(m): 4:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
segun18:
Yeye Soldiers... When they see Boko haram they will run, but when them see harmless and defenceless citizens they will start harassing them.

senselessness at its peak....dem dey run from Boko Haram na why 7th infantry division unit still full with soldiers Everly gallant to obey command of attack

you have no idea bout Soldiering so let's just make it slide
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Miracle1991: 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
kessling:
Aboki soldiers flogging southerners while soldiers of southern origin being killed in the north by militant groups because of sabotage. There is God
did your mother told you that the soldiers are northerners.
I believe the civil defence officer that kill that man in Abia is a northerner too.
Akuya

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Simplyleo: 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2020
nams77:

This your line of thought just exposed your mindset. I can now understand why you people enjoy oppression and victimization.
So shouting at a soldier has become a crime? It has now become a crime to state your mind. I am just shaking my head here angry
Okay, pls whatever mindset you have, i don't give a damn. When you see soldiers on their duty posts, pls just go and start shouting at them. You are not committing any crime. But after that, don't post any picture, cos that is the productof your mindset and you aline needs the pictures.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by butterfly777(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

Bro, did you really read the story?
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Lubumbashi: 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2020
His big mouth put him in trouble.

That's why it is good to say the Lord's prayer. Lead us not into temptation and deliver us from evil amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by SamgoldBaba: 4:06pm On Sep 17, 2020
BeSpect:
Speechless.

Na why I stop to pity them

I narrowly escaped them yesternight when I was using camo head band BeSpect come see pleading..but I was confident all through. I for dey hospital today o
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Farki: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2020
BeSpect:
Speechless.

Because they can not get erect and knack their girlfriends without abusing civilians. Some join for the sole purpose of doing that. Abusing civilians is a long standing military tradition and will continue to so because even now they still think they should never have to deal with the "bloody civilians" they claim to be protecting.

Don't worry when another dozen or so are killed by bandits or Boko Haram, their friends on this forum will be expecting us to hail them as heroes and be "grateful".
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Oizee(f): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

he said they were on mufti
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Farki: 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2020
BornSnner9:
Let him take the case up and those culprits should be dismissed.. we don't need such people in our military uniforms.. they can only mess with Nigerians who don't know how to exercise their right..

Being a security personnel doesn't give you the right to maltreat a civilian and do as you please..

By the time he takes this up.. it will serve as a lesson to others especially this young recruit wey power dey shack them

You can try but to soldiers abusing bloody civilians is their right.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Oizee(f): 4:15pm On Sep 17, 2020
BlackfireX:
This small mark.....
lol, u wicked
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2020
Farki:

You can try but to soldiers abusing bloody civilians is their right.
Shithole country
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by ike95: 4:18pm On Sep 17, 2020
I fear Nigeria army with passion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bridget Oghenekevwe Emeka, Wanted Drug Baroness Arrested By NDLEA In Delta / Items Found On Female Kidnapper Burnt To Death In Ikorodu / Suspected Yahoo Boys Protest In Osogbo, Osun Against EFCC Harassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.