Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' (53569 Views)

Man Flogged For Stealing A Bunch Of Plantain In Bayelsa Community (Photos) / Man Flogged For Raping A 12-Year-Old Girl In Lekki Phase 1, Lagos / Old Man Flogged For Raping A Little Girl In The North (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by intruder15(m): 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
BeSpect:
Speechless.

Why are security personnel so harsh and ruthless to the citizens?

It's the training they give them to see us as bloody civilians.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by lomprico(m): 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:
Go shout at a soldier man and when he treat your fvck up, run to social media and start posting. Na you still dey feel the pain.

From his head, I know say na dem.

did u read the narrative at all?

the men were on mufti, not on uniform.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Strongbest(m): 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:
Go shout at a soldier man and when he treat your fvck up, run to social media and start posting. Na you still dey feel the pain.

From his head, I know say na dem.

Stop it brother!

Let's not encourage this kind of inhumanity. This is very wrong. It's an oppression on the common man and it's evil!
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Jaqenhghar: 5:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
heendrix:

senselessness at its peak....dem dey run from Boko Haram na why 7th infantry division unit still full with soldiers Everly gallant to obey command of attack

you have no idea bout Soldiering so let's just make it slide
Una still get mouth?
Let me guess you are one of those dodgers who has avoided posting to maiduguri you are probably somewhere like kwara yet you dey beat chest
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Asianjollof007: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2020
BornSnner9:
Let him take the case up and those culprits should be dismissed.. we don't need such people in our military uniforms.. they can only mess with Nigerians who don't know how to exercise their right..

Being a security personnel doesn't give you the right to maltreat a civilian and do as you please..

By the time he takes this up.. it will serve as a lesson to others especially this young recruit wey power dey shack them

Where he wan take am to?
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by colestephan86: 5:43pm On Sep 17, 2020
post=94014015:
Update From . COM

A man has accused soldiers of beating him up for expressing his right to freedom of speech, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Samson Etumudon shared a photo of his swollen back with a red whip mark and explained that he was flogged by soldiers in Benin, along Airport road.

When asked what he said to anger the soldiers, he said that he was in a car when the soldiers tried to board the vehicle, Reports.

He explained that the soldiers, who were dressed in mufti, looked into the car then commented that he is a criminal looking for who to "run". Not knowing that they are soldiers, he said he hit back at them, asking if he has "run" them before.

The soldiers entered the vehicle then when they got to the front of their base, they got down from the car and dragged him down before assaulting him.

Read His Narration in Pidgin English, As Obtained By Below:

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3333468256722285&id=100001774307191
Yes you have freedom of speech, but not freedom after speech.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by NOC1(m): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Albertone:

Apologized??
No be Depot/Jaji dem train am.

Or maybe na you dey cook zobo for we.

I was so matured, never gave her that show of fear, she doesn’t know where I am coming from and who I am and it happened in a civil Environment.

Is she not a human, why can’t she say sorry?

I have seen military men say sorry in few occasions, I have seen them rebuke their colleagues openly.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by heendrix(m): 5:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Una still get mouth?
Let me guess you are one of those dodgers who has avoided posting to maiduguri you are probably somewhere like kwara yet you dey beat chest

Na who fear dey enter hole no dey comot

Make that settle
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Honchoslim16(m): 5:52pm On Sep 17, 2020
Goddamn mehn!

To hell with those who cursed Nigeria.

Period!
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by heendrix(m): 5:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
PriestDaniz:
I no fit help any uniform man when one die self.
They're too heartless.

Not all cool

1 Like

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Simplyleo: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2020
[s]
trutht828:

It's obvious you have accepted to be a mental slave to the rest of your life.

It's absurd how you praise what you are supposed to condemn.

Looks like your education is a waste of investment after all. Depsite education, you still talk stupid.
[/s]
Still typing nonsense.

What happens to your prayers? Or is your god failing you?
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Jaqenhghar: 5:59pm On Sep 17, 2020
heendrix:

Na who fear dey enter hole no dey comot

Make that settle
When dem post you go maiduguri or yobe allthis your mouth and parables go finish
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by rushr550: 6:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
Na wa o.m

Check my signature for affordable original waist trainer.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 17, 2020
etrange:

Women, women, women! Everything is not about women, dude!

Thank God you know.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Rawhumper(m): 6:07pm On Sep 17, 2020
If The Story is true, then The soldiers were cowards for waiting to reach barracks First.

I could Remember when my in-law ordered one of The soldiers to fight me,because i uses to kind of Tell him one on one not all soldiers Can beat me.

This happened in Niger Barracks years back when The Chief Of Staff was not around, at First The soldier was reluctant but when he ordered him The Second time,before You knew it i First lunged at the guy,with some Experience i have on choke hold, i went for it because i know he has More Training. I took him by surprise,but it lasted few mins cos my sister came out and fight was Over.

quote author= post=94014015]Update From . COM

A man has accused soldiers of beating him up for expressing his right to freedom of speech, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Samson Etumudon shared a photo of his swollen back with a red whip mark and explained that he was flogged by soldiers in Benin, along Airport road.

When asked what he said to anger the soldiers, he said that he was in a car when the soldiers tried to board the vehicle, Reports.

He explained that the soldiers, who were dressed in mufti, looked into the car then commented that he is a criminal looking for who to "run". Not knowing that they are soldiers, he said he hit back at them, asking if he has "run" them before.

The soldiers entered the vehicle then when they got to the front of their base, they got down from the car and dragged him down before assaulting him.

Read His Narration in Pidgin English, As Obtained By Below:

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3333468256722285&id=100001774307191[/quote]
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Franking: 6:11pm On Sep 17, 2020
When some people call this contraption a zoo some overzealous ewus will start spewing thrash. Whoever is responsible for making me come.from Nigeria is wicked.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 17, 2020
heendrix:

Not all cool
That's quite true,but seeing how they act at times gets me on my nerves aswear
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by heendrix(m): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

When dem post you go maiduguri or yobe allthis your mouth and parables go finish

The question you should ask yourself is if I'm scared

you don't need all this mouth wey u dey make
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Jaqenhghar: 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2020
heendrix:

The question you should ask yourself is if I'm scared

you don't need all this mouth wey u dey make
Make I hear word jare. The question is are you currently i the Maiduguri or Yobe? If you are not then tat explains the mouth making and chest beating. Na so one Donbobes sef make mouth for here dey form Rambo now he is resting with his ancestors
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by heendrix(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Make I hear word jare. The question is are you currently i the Maiduguri or Yobe? If you are not then tat explains the mouth making and chest beating. Na so one Donbobes sef make mouth for here dey form Rambo now he is resting with his ancestors

been to 7th infantry couple of times for supplies and stayed weeks

so the big deal is?
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:30pm On Sep 17, 2020
make I no talk wetin dey my mind.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Jaqenhghar: 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2020
heendrix:

been to 7th infantry couple of times for supplies and stayed weeks

so the big deal is?
You visited the 7th infantry doesn't make you one of them. All this bravado na becuse you are not serving there. My guy leave matter. You and I know your tune will change if they send you to the front to be cannon fodder
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Jaqenhghar: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2020
arantess:

Thank God your mum died at birth, she would have died of a broken heart now
That's cold bruv.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Albertone(m): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2020
NOC1:

I was so matured, never gave her that show of fear, she doesn’t know where I am coming from and who I am and it happened in a civil Environment.

Is she not a human, why can’t she say sorry?

I have seen military men say sorry in few occasions, I have seen them rebuke their colleagues openly.
I guess it's the kind of environment.

Military people find it hard to apologise to civilians.
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Tchalz(m): 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

Forget it, the dude is not innocent. I have seen his types shouting at soldiers on several occasions even without provocation.
I do not think you are in your right senses for making such comment. Did he physically abuse the soldiers? You and I know that me n in uniform have a penchant for violence on the civil population. I think our military and paramilitary institutions need to be strengthened, legislations made ,erring soldiers court-martialled.That way their excesses will be curbed
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by Albertone(m): 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
heendrix:

senselessness at its peak....dem dey run from Boko Haram na why 7th infantry division unit still full with soldiers Everly gallant to obey command of attack

you have no idea bout Soldiering so let's just make it slide
Dem born una well make una no obey? undecided
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by heendrix(m): 6:50pm On Sep 17, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

You visited the 7th infantry doesn't make you one of them. All this bravado na becuse you are not serving there. My guy leave matter. You and I know your tune will change if they send you to the front to be cannon fodder

grin grin ur matter don taya me

of course no one prays to be posted there
Re: Man Flogged By Soldiers For Expressing His Right To 'Freedom Of Speech' by bobokeshington: 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2020
BornSnner9:
Let him take the case up and those culprits should be dismissed.. we don't need such people in our military uniforms.. they can only mess with Nigerians who don't know how to exercise their right..

Being a security personnel doesn't give you the right to maltreat a civilian and do as you please..

By the time he takes this up.. it will serve as a lesson to others especially this young recruit wey power dey shack them

IF HE DOES AS YOU'VE SAID, HE WOULD BE A LONE VOICE IN THE WILDERNESS BECAUSE THERE WON'T BE SUPPORT FROM THE MAJORITY OF YOU WHO ARE ASKING HIM TO DO SO. YOU KNOW 9JA IS A SHIT HOLE. ABNORMALITIES HAS BEEN NORMALIZED IN THIS GODFORSAKEN COUNTRY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Teenager’s Manhood ‘vanishes’ After Handshake / Bridget Oghenekevwe Emeka, Wanted Drug Baroness Arrested By NDLEA In Delta / 66-Year-Old Man Who Rapes Minors In Yobe, Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.