Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice (26180 Views)

Advise Me On This Job Offer, I Am Confused And Sad / The Dilemma Of A Family man with mouth to Feed And Unpaid Bills / The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by bekpo(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2020
This one na question? Is ur umbilical cod tied to her? Belittling urself before her, why won't she continue to use u, nonsense! Ur problem is low self esteem. Get out of her and fight for ur future urself.
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by scokoro: 10:59am On Sep 18, 2020
Then, last year while doing the job, the university commenced recruitment which was very massive, but underground. God being so faithful, I was able to graduate from the masters program at the time and she kept promising to help me push my cv for employment. I came out as the best postgraduate student in my department with the highest FCGPA.

You came out top of you class and you haven't even looked inwards to know what you could do. Who says trolling along lecturing career was you were brought to do in this world? What if you'd not make it as a lecturer? Have you asked the Almighty God about your case as a human being. It is because you have idolized that woman, that you are left to be at her beck and call. When challenges seem to weigh you down, it is wise to seek God's direction in any/every thing you do. Car manufacturers sell cars with direction to use and maintain. The entire earth belongs to God.God Almighty gave us the bible and his servants to contact anytime things go wrong. I didn't get any part where you consulted God to help out in the whole arrangement.

Now, let me guide you through it all.
1. First ask God to forgive you for neglecting his approval in the entire process.
2. Tell Him to guide you with HIS Right Hand of righteousness by fasting and praying
3. Fast for 3days (6am - 6pmg) begining from Moday through to Wednesday. Don't sleep on your bed on these days and night
4. Wake up by 12:30am on the first day and pray on this Point "Every limit imposed on me by enemies catch fire and die IJN -AMen" and pray till 2am
5. Wake up by 1:00am on Tuesday the second day on this point "Witchcraft spirits of delays and denial in every area of my life die by fire IJN -Amen till 2:30am
6. Wake up by 1:30am on Wednesday the third and last day "Evil voice/directions/commandment in my life I command you to shut up and die IJN -Amen" and do this till 3:00 am
Please determine in your hear never to commit sin knowingly. You will be getting divine instructions. No man will manipulate your life anymore. Continue like this and find a bible-believing church to attend. Thank God afterwards.

4 Likes

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by rickyboss333: 11:00am On Sep 18, 2020
For crying out loud, why must every meaniful job in this country of ours be gotten if and only if, u hv d connection? Similar experience, on countless occasions... 9 - 10yrs now after graduating, that is all one gets, even after making good grades. So if no b private school, where we know u must be d best and compete with d rest to get 2 teach 4 salaries that cannot even guarantee ur rent most times, one can no longer get a job beffiting thier career prospect? I tire for this country I swear

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by callthefred: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2020
What's your discipline please? I think I have a job for you if you have a place to stay here in Lagos or if you wouldn't mind working in Ogun or Nassarawa.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by kuuljay(m): 11:02am On Sep 18, 2020
I wished you could walk very close to her,look deep into her eyes and tell her," madam!! God will punish you"

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by SavageResponse(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2020
Adonis86:
I graduated from the university seven years ago. After my youth service, I went back to my school for a postgraduate program. It took me four years to complete the program due to death of my supervisor and ASUU strikes.

But in between the four years, my hod called and ask me what I do. When she learnt I was unemployed, she asked me to come over to the department and start working as a casual staff for 20k salary. I had to accept since she needed someone skillful in MS office computer packages, beside I have done a lot of odd jobs before then which couldn't feed me let alone paid my rents and school fees.

Then, last year while doing the job, the university commenced recruitment which was very massive, but underground. God being so faithful, I was able to graduate from the masters program at the time and she kept promising to help me push my cv for employment. I came out as the best postgraduate student in my department with the highest FCGPA.

Brethren, do you know what has happening from then till now? Vested Status interest.
Since then till now, my application has been going one step forward two steps backward. She minuted on the first one last December. It got to the faculty, the Dean minuted and sent it out after much pressure from me, minutes later she ordered the application to be returned and that was all I heard about it. But she pushed her son's application and he was employed as well as our Hod's. She pushed her daughter's and her husband's niece, they both got while she kept lamenting that she's confused on how to go about mine, stating she has ran out of idea on how to go about it.

This afternoon, she called to inform me that, the university wants names of all the ad-hoc staff in all the departments for immediate employment as junior staff. She was asking me if I'm interested in the offer since I'm currently a PhD student and the job should be for ssce or fslc holders...

She said if I should accept the offer that it might terminate my chances of getting a teaching job, which I've been applying.

Please, what should I reply her?

You need to leave that job as soon as possible and take your chances elsewhere!
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2020
Adonis86:
I graduated from the university seven years ago. After my youth service, I went back to my school for a postgraduate program. It took me four years to complete the program due to death of my supervisor and ASUU strikes.

But in between the four years, my hod called and ask me what I do. When she learnt I was unemployed, she asked me to come over to the department and start working as a casual staff for 20k salary. I had to accept since she needed someone skillful in MS office computer packages, beside I have done a lot of odd jobs before then which couldn't feed me let alone paid my rents and school fees.

Brethren, do you know what has happening from then till now? Vested Status interest.
Since then till now, my application has been going one step forward two steps backward. She minuted on the first one last December. It got to the faculty, the Dean minuted and sent it out after much pressure from me, minutes later she ordered the application to be returned and that was all I heard about it. But she pushed her son's application and he was employed as well as our Hod's. She pushed her daughter's and her husband's niece, they both got while she kept lamenting that she's confused on how to go about mine, stating she has ran out of idea on how to go about it.

This afternoon, she called to inform me that, the university wants names of all the ad-hoc staff in all the departments for immediate employment as junior staff. She was asking me if I'm interested in the offer since I'm currently a PhD student and the job should be for ssce or fslc holders...

She said if I should accept the offer that it might terminate my chances of getting a teaching job, which I've been applying.

YOU REPLY SHOULD BE MADAM STICK YOUR junior staff JOB UP YOUR TO**

NIGERIANS ARE WICKED

WHY DO YOU HAVE SO MUCH WICKEDNESS IN THE LAND
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Galactico4ever(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2020
That your HOD lacks human sympathy,or better still she doesn't want your progress.
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by ekesol: 11:07am On Sep 18, 2020
[

quote author=Adonis86 post=94025068]I graduated from the university seven years ago. After my youth service, I went back to my school for a postgraduate program. It took me four years to complete the program due to death of my supervisor and ASUU strikes.

Please, what should I reply her? [/quote]

Bros u don't know what u want I am sorry to say this.
First you disappointed me going for a 20k job . Why not hit the street with ur degree. U are now a PHD student still confused
There are so many in the street doing stuff for them selves.
Bro wise up and get ur self a life . Don't further bring ur people down OK
Don't disgrace degree
Just find ur way out of that system.
And thank me lata.
7years plus ur age if graduation makes u almost makes u 34 years and still confused.
Bro u have spiritual problem
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Blackmann001: 11:08am On Sep 18, 2020
The p with OP is the mentality of a paid job......

Why can't you turn your content of study into productivity so u can earn income with work satisfaction....

My guy who studied estate management and graduated in 2016..went to work for just one year..at 40k now he owns his own office have bought a car 2shuttles dt pays him.weekly and has closed reals worth a total of 3million in just 18months of opening up

1 Like

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Srallens(m): 11:09am On Sep 18, 2020
It's baffling and sad how someone with masters will be contemplating on leaving a 20k paying job, being fully aware that this woman is just using you to her own favor. She can make it work for her daughter and inlaw but she can't make it work for you. Do you really need someone to tell you what's going on there?

One key thing about success most times lies in your ability to ignore your fears and take a risk.

Your destiny doesn't lies in her hands, but in your hands.

Not bad, you have gained some ample experience from working with her. Get yourself out of her hold and be free to make the progress that you deserve in your life.
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by rickyboss333: 11:11am On Sep 18, 2020
callthefred:
What's your discipline please? I think I have a job for you if you have a place to stay here in Lagos or if you wouldn't mind working in Ogun or Nassarawa.

Civil Engineering
Pls u can overlook d Engineering aspect, I can also do any non Engineering jobs
erique333@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by lilmax(m): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2020
brandnprinting:
Those people saying you should walk away knows nothing about life. You needed to be used to become something in life. To become a master you need to be a servant. Getting jobs in Nigeria you have to know somebody that knows somebody. Breaking into that inner circle is hard bros.

Please calm down, accept the Junior job, finish your PHD, and when opportunity knocks again be on ground to grab it.
look at this fool

You are one of the reasons why the country is like this

@op stay away from this dumbass comment
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by PerseDew(f): 11:15am On Sep 18, 2020
Use your head OP. Her main aim is to tie you down to the end of her wrapper. If truly she has a good mind towards you and because she might have used up her slots for her own people, she herself would have advised you to cast your net else where since and not offer you this greek gift of slavery (on your part) that before you know it, you will lose hope in yourself and remain there thinking that is all you are good for.

Before I forget don't cut her off but make sure that she knows nothing about you, jobs search and plans for the future.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Yahksbiz(m): 11:19am On Sep 18, 2020
I wonder how people enjoy working under people for a very long time
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Integrafamoo: 11:20am On Sep 18, 2020
Adonis86:

Take the job, the woman is lying. It won't disturb you from getting lecturing job. They may not do conversion but you can apply afresh. Apply elsewhere if u have the opportunity
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Rexmy(m): 11:23am On Sep 18, 2020
Adonis86:
Hhmmmm... I feel your pain bro!

I was once in your shoes and the best thing you had do and won't regret is to find your way out of this country for your PhD. It's obvious you have a good grade. Do necessary proficiency exam, don't look at the cost but the benefits.

It takes only God's favour to see someone that's not your immediate family push your application to the top. There is always a sacrifice to render and only very few people can do that for one who is not a relation. I have experienced this and I will never forget my God sent supervisor for her role in my life.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by thonyman: 11:24am On Sep 18, 2020
Don't loose your vision for quick relief, stick to it. Somewhere, someday, it will come to pass.
Adonis86:

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by tchidi066(f): 11:31am On Sep 18, 2020
That woman is nothing but a destiny destroyer, a whole m.sc holder earning 20k, what nonsense, I'm an ordinary corper and i can't even accept such meagre wage, it's time to take the bull by the horns, there are opportunities around you, utilise them, leave that woman and go outside, find your way out, change that environment first, it's oppressing, it's like you are not ready to put your feet on the ground, and want to remain in your comfort zone, that will be your greatest undoing
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by STENON(f): 11:36am On Sep 18, 2020
I guess we both worked with the same HOD in the northern part of Nigeria undecided I left the office in 2018 and I am happy that I did. Just go and apply for secondary Teaching position at well paying International school in Nigeria, manage the salary and save up to apply for PhD in developed countries and you will always get funding based on your MSc result. Then you can further your career to Lecturing job...

Call her after 3 years to say hello to her and thank her for her help in the past.... Her conscience go nack her grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by larryking540: 11:42am On Sep 18, 2020
Babamide:
How do you have a master's degree??
You should probably take the ad-hoc staff job since you are used to doing boy-boy and you may not be able to survive the real world.

na boy boy life make many of our educated parents settle for less ,and it's the debt the children are paying till today

1 Like

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Traviscottt: 11:43am On Sep 18, 2020
grin grin grin
Some peeps are just funny.
U graduated from school, no job, you run go do masters, no job, u rush again go start PhD ...
OP u go get sense las las. grin grin grin

Calculate how much you've spent so far..
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Alfredjones1(m): 11:47am On Sep 18, 2020
[quote author=BeSpect post=94025206]

Such a person has no genuine intention of helping you. I would suggest you cast your net elsewhere or outside of her.

Kudos you've said it all
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by larryking540: 11:50am On Sep 18, 2020
lilmax:
look at this fool

You are one of the reasons why the country is like this

@op stay away from this dumbass comment

no don't talk like dat ,,,he should hold unto that ,and still be on the look out ,attend interview ,he should meet other lecturer in the same department or other related department and the star or sky will not be his limit
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by mysteryman2014: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2020
It should be obvious to you that the woman wants to keep you working for her due to proficiency. Pushing ur application will make her lose ur service if u are employed.

Bros leave that selfish woman that does no want your progress in life.
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by larryking540: 11:53am On Sep 18, 2020
Traviscottt:
grin grin grin
Some peeps are just funny.
U graduated from school, no job, you run go do masters, no job, u rush again go start PhD ...
OP u go get sense las las. grin grin grin

Calculate how much you've spent so far..
most of them na their parents they push them or deceive them ,uncle john said u should do PhD,he will link u up with one multinational company....,,,why should I do PhD when I don't have intention of doing lecturing job?
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Traviscottt: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2020
larryking540:

most of them na their parents they push them or deceive them ,uncle john said u should do PhD,he will link u up with one multinational company....,,,why should I do PhD when I don't have intention of doing lecturing job?

Even Masters in the labour space (asides academia) has little significance..

Bunch of clowns..Una go get sense las las.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by papyskinsy: 11:58am On Sep 18, 2020
bro my advise is this.. the woman wants yu to keep shiiting for her.. Normall..
Since yu are currently doing yur PhD.. try rough am comot.. finish yur PhD get a deserving lecturing job..

don't take dat offer.. instead do side hustle like helping students out.. do tutorials.. and pray fr God's guidance

1 Like

Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by Komu1048(m): 12:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
fatymore:

I wasn't being judgemental. I wish I could put all the stories here but I have moved on...

I later got lucky...which is fine. But the thing is family first, it is always rare to see outsiders being considered first before your family. The man should just walk away if he can't wait or continue.

Immediate family first
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by yemi1504: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2020
Adonis86:

Look for a better job bro! Do you know the meaning of ad-hoc staff? It means you can be sacked anytime by the authorities! Think! My 2 cents.
Re: I'm In Dilemma Over A Job Offer. I Urgently Need An Advice by yemi1504: 12:12pm On Sep 18, 2020
yeme7:
Human beings with failed promises, so pathetic, she doesn't want to help u, imagine being loyal to. Someone and she doesn't even see the good in u, that's how I was promised so many jobs at the end, it ended in tears.... God will see you through, I will advice u to look outside. That will help

Failed promises especially with helping for job! That was how a manager at Grooming Microfinance also promised to get me a job there through a job test, till now after sending two emails to her, no reply or acknowledgement. When it comes to helping people with job in this country, people mostly promise and fail! Facts!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Why Should We Hire You?" - Tell Us How You Answer This. / 10 Nigeria Jobs For SSCE Certificate Holders / N-power Batch C: Unsuccessful N-power Batch C Applicants Moved To Stream 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.