Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George (7885 Views)

Only PDP Can Transform Lagos, Says Bode George / BREAKING News: Supreme Court Says Bode George Was Wrongly Convicted / Court Says Bode George Has No Reputation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by eherbal(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2011
By  Godwin Oritse, Abdulwahab
Abdulah, Ishola Balogun, Dapo
Akinrefon & Ifeanyi Okolie
GREAT celebration heralded the release of
former South West Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) Chairman, Chief Olabode
George from the Maximum Prison in Kirikiri
in Lagos Saturday,  as  hundreds of party
supporters and well wishers  gave him a
warm reception.
Bode George who was in very high spirit,
acknowledged greetings from supporters
with a victory sign when he hung on the
door of a Toyota Sequia four runner jeep
with registration BD 252 EKY , wearing a
white Buba and Sokoto.
Bode George who stepped out of the gates
of the prison at exactly 10 : 40 am was met
by the Lagos State PDP chieftains who
ushered him into the waiting vehicle and
drove straight to the   Cathedral   Church
of  Christ at the Marina, Lagos for the
thanks giving service.
Bode George, leaving Kirikiri Prison, Apapa,
Saturday. PHOTO; Kehinde Gbadamosi
Thousands of party supporters had
gathered at area, as early as 7:00am
waiting for the release of the popular ‘Lagos
Boy’.  Many were clad in various aso-ebi
and customized T-Shirts  with  inscriptions
such as “We thank God your incarceration
is highly political”, G18 etc, defying the
security personnel and the armed guards
of the Prison Service who had barricaded
the road,
However, this euphoria was not without
some over-zealousness from the
supporters of the politician, attacking a
photo journalist, who defied their
instruction not to catch his picture while
stepping out of the Prison.
Among top politicians that were present at
the church service were Otunba Gbenga
Daniel, Ogun state governor, former
President Olusegun Obasanjo, Mr. Ayo
Fayose, former Ekiti state governor,
Defence Minister, Mr Kayode Ademola, John
Odeh, Gen Tunji Olurin, Mrs Modinat
Adedibu,  Deputy Governor Oyo State, Mr.
Taofeek Arapaja, Ambassador Musiliu
Obanikoro among others.
Obasanjo who came in at about 1pm
embraced Chief Bode George and
exchanged pleasantries with other
politicians including Governor  Gbenga
Daniel.
Bode George  who spoke to newsmen after
the church service said he holds no grudge
against anybody and wish everybody well.
Bode George’s supporters at kirikiri. Photo:
Sylva Eleanya.
He said: “Out there in the prison, you are
totally blanked out,  You don’t know what
is going on, so, I want to thank you guys,
thank all Nigerians with malice to nobody
and love for all.  We will make our country
an envy to other nations.  I have collected
the certificate from the university of life and
I thank God. I just graduated from the
university of life”.
Bode George  who was sentenced to a
two-year jail term alongside some
members of the Board of the NPA by
Justice Joseph Oyewole was arraigned by
the Economic and Financial Crimes
Commission, EFCC on August 8, 2008 . He
was accused on a 163-count charge that
bordered on alleged abuse of office and
award of about N100bn contracts without
due process.
The arraignment had followed the
investigation conducted by the EFCC under
Mallam Nuhu Ribadu. But they all pleaded
not guilty.  However, on October 24, 2008,
the EFCC reduced the charges to 68.
The convicts were said to have inflated the
contract prices contrary to Section 22 (3) of
the Corrupt Practices and Other Related
Offences Act, 2000.
Justice Joseph Oyewole held that the EFCC
proved beyond reasonable doubt that
George, a former Deputy National
Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party,
abused his office and the  court delivered its
judgment on Monday, October 26, 2009.

www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/i-have-graduated-from-the-university-of-life-says-bode-goerge/
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by efisher(m): 7:32pm On Feb 26, 2011
Congratulations to him. However, I will not say he has graduated from the "University of life". I will rather say he has just done one more course out of the many courses. There are still many more lessons to be learnt as far as he is still alive.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Afam4eva(m): 7:46pm On Feb 26, 2011
He will soon get admission into the university of death and never graduate.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Kobojunkie: 9:41pm On Feb 26, 2011
What the heck has Kirikiri to do with life? He committed a crime and he was paid to pay for it. You don't have to go to jail for that to happen. lol
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Remii(m): 9:43pm On Feb 26, 2011
Olabode t'ewon de oju t'eni ti ko lo,
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by apoti(m): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2011
A convicted criminal - from prison to church for thanksgiving,
Nigeria and its numerous wonders cheesy
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by SEFAGO(m): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2011
^ haha, trust me he will be welcomed with open arms in nigerian churches especially if he has some kishi to give

Kobojunkie:

What the heck has Kirikiri to do with life? He committed a crime and he was paid to pay for it. You don't have to go to jail for that to happen. lol

See this one, you think Kirikiri is like an American prison? angry

Anyways the only crime he committed was that he was stupid, there are tons of criminals running aroung. The only crime that is committed and punished in naija is getting caught.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Kobojunkie: 9:58pm On Feb 26, 2011
^^ What is the point of your response?? What has america to do with this?

apoti:

A convicted criminal - from prison to church for thanksgiving,
Nigeria and its numerous wonders cheesy
Na real wonder ooo . . . . I mean is the guy in church to confess that he really did commit the crime or . . . I don't get the thanksgiving thing. This more than confirms my suspicions that this man was selected to take the fall for the group this time around, and now he is being welcomed back to the fold for his sacrifice. We all saw what happened with Alam's after he finished his stint in jail . . . probably will happen right after the service for Bode George.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by SEFAGO(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2011
Point being Kirikiri is not an easy place to go to prison in, and its not a 3-star hotel like most american prisons where you are guaranteed 3 square meals.

We have to congratulate our brother who came out in one piece under such conditions regardless of his crime.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by MAYOWAAK: 11:19pm On Feb 26, 2011
PDP and Bode George can celebrate as much as they like,make an ocean of champagne,sew all the aso ebi they can find. In all the delusion the fact remains that Bode George went to jail and spent time at Kirikiri maximum prison.He will forever remain an EX-JAIL BIRD.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Kobojunkie: 11:21pm On Feb 26, 2011
SEFAGO:

Point being Kirikiri is not an easy place to go to prison in, and its not a 3-star hotel like most american prisons where you are guaranteed 3 square meals.

That is not a point since there was nothing indicating Kirikiri was some easy motel of whatever it is you think it to be there. Sounds more like useless information since it changes nothing in what I posted in the first place. Kirikiri is KiriKiri!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

MAYOWAAK:

PDP and Bode George can celebrate as much as they like,make an ocean of champagne,sew all the aso ebi they can find. In all the delusion the fact remains that Bode George went to jail and spent time at Kirikiri maximum prison.He will forever remain an EX-JAIL BIRD.

Are you sure of that? Alams will disagree with you. He is an example of an Ex-Jail bird living large today in the PDP. grin
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by homerac7: 11:25pm On Feb 26, 2011
Really, i hav no qualms with d fanfare. I wld rather consider it a good thing if Bode George will own up to d crime, apologise to d nation duly and make restitutio. Then, i wont mind giving him a big embrace myself. Otherwise, he and his cohorts r only fooling themselves.

PDP= Phools Deceiving Phools
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by rebranded(m): 11:30pm On Feb 26, 2011
shocked

Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by fstranger3(m): 5:31am On Feb 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Well, if you had stayed in Nigeria, instead of eloping to Obodo-Oyinbo, you would have realized, not only the connection between Kirikiri and life, but also how everyday life in Nigeria makes, compared to your relatively spoon fed life in Chicago, you a better individual.

Since you could not make it Nigeria, you have no right to make snide remarks about those who toughed it out and came through better than you, or your heritage, including generations yet unborn, could ever have done.

Against all odds, he has done great. Now mind your own sorry arse life. grin

I still love you though Kobo.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by fstranger3(m): 5:35am On Feb 27, 2011
homerac7:

Really, i hav no qualms with d fanfare. I wld rather consider it a good thing if Bode George will own up to d crime, apologise to d nation duly and make restitutio. Then, i wont mind giving him a big embrace myself. Otherwise, he and his cohorts r only fooling themselves.

PDP= Phools Deceiving Phools

He has done that!
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by temmytanny(m): 6:34am On Feb 27, 2011
did gej celebrated his return?
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by slap1(m): 10:18am On Feb 27, 2011
It's just shameful how criminals and deviants are celebrated in this country.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Vigilante: 11:53am On Feb 27, 2011
Problem I have with kobo is that she is too uptight and always sounding as though she is angry with the world. Loosen up
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Kobojunkie: 4:03pm On Feb 27, 2011
^^^ Stop confusing me with yourself please. I am not angry, so please stop pretending you have mind reading abilities as you continue to suck at it --- I simply post my retort and you post yours. If you do not like my opinion, don't respond. It is that simple.

I don't believe Kirikiri needs to be called university of life, especially by a felon. Life itself is all the university one needs to attend(be born) -- going to kirikiri is usually what you bring upon yourself as a result of your own actions. I would not even tag it an extension of life. And, I think it ridiculous to give credence to the words of a silly old man who never respected life in the first place.

If you do not like my view, like I said DO NOT RESPOND. But don't expect me to swallow up any vomit you spew just because you - yes, spewed it.  ROFLMAO!!!
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Vigilante: 4:18pm On Feb 27, 2011
Another angry response. Take life easy. You'd explode if you live in naija. The US ought to have shaped you. It hasn't
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On Feb 27, 2011
^^^ Why am I not surprised Roflmao . . .  cheesy grin cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 27, 2011
Not wanting to sound judgemental

but after 100 billion, what b.s and he's talking.

only in Nigeria
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by oge4real(f): 11:44pm On Feb 27, 2011
This man is an iniquity!
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by zionic(m): 11:53pm On Feb 27, 2011
catch am catch am, thief thief thief!!!!, now i miss fela so so much, cry, peaople now what will happen to N100bn?
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by soreola(f): 1:46am On Feb 28, 2011
Im sorry but this is all so freakin annoying, nobody in here can tell me that they were standing by him when he illegally assigned contracts or whatever it is he did. No everyone in politics is corrupt.

I dont really know the man himself but I know his son and I was there when he testified yesterday about his dad, didnt even kno his dad was famous or even in jail, i.e. u cant tell, If his dad truly did what he did, dont u think the son would be ballin and not hustlin to survive??

Again I can't tell you if his dad is truly guilty or not but all I can say is that his family really really suffered from them sendin him to jail, so I thank God, pls lets not judge if we dont know for a fact,

God bless
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by fxtopedia(m): 2:27am On Feb 28, 2011
soreola:

Im sorry but this is all so freakin annoying, nobody in here can tell me that they were standing by him when he illegally assigned contracts or whatever it is he did. No everyone in politics is corrupt.

I dont really know the man himself but I know his son and I was there when he testified yesterday about his dad, didnt even kno his dad was famous or even in jail, i.e. u cant tell, If his dad truly did what he did, dont u think the son would be ballin and not hustlin to survive??

Again I can't tell you if his dad is truly guilty or not but all I can say is that his family really really suffered from them sendin him to jail, so I thank God, pls lets not judge if we dont know for a fact,

God bless

lol, I guess you are not a Nigerian!!!
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Navi(m): 2:38am On Feb 28, 2011
At least, he has learnt some lessons, hope he ll b a better person now.
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by ijawgirl: 4:07am On Feb 28, 2011
loooooooooooooooollllllllll
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by Ekpoma1: 5:36am On Feb 28, 2011
Atleast he's out now 2 enjoy his looted money beta. What a life!
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by sayso: 6:29am On Feb 28, 2011
Bode what do you want to live for?
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by naijasing(f): 6:43am On Feb 28, 2011
tongue tongue tongue tongue hahaha
Re: ` I Have Graduated From The University Of Life, Says Bode George by fxtopedia(m): 7:04am On Feb 28, 2011
, thank God he graduated, BUT with what grades?
1st class
2nd class upper
2nd class lower or what?

I know he is ONLY regretting NOT repenting.lol tongue lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Stop Panic Buying’ — NNPC Assures Nigerians Of 30-Day Petrol Stock / Yoruba Is The Most Sophisticated Ethnic Group In Nigeria- Maduekwe / No Allowance For Officials On Foreign Medical Treatment – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.