Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,382 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 AM

My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. (4099 Views)

Lagos State Government Now Use Yoruba As Its Official Language On Facebook / The Tribal Slur Between Igbos And Yoruba,as A Northerner This What I Have To Say / Olufunke Awolowo: Awolowo's Opinion About Buhari Before He Died — Grand Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2020
Wollykayb:

They are taking our hospitality for stupidity.

Imagine an Igbo man telling an Hausa/Fulani man to their face about how they own Kano or Sokoto state ?

We all knw the magnitude of the sever consequences the Hausa/Fulani will hammer on them

But isn't it the igbos own Lagos and Abuja because the natives in this state are too lazy they only want to vote for a criminal so the igbos use it as an advantage to take over all the businesses. As the integers are voting for criminals The igbos Take Over leaving the indigent in poverty. It is known as we have to vote for ourselves
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by tiger28: 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2020
kingzizzy:
As an Igbo man, I can say that it will be a great blessing when we Igbos dont have to share one country with Yorubas any more. Igbos and Yorubas hardly knew each other before the British came to 'rope' them both together into a colonial project called 'Nigeria'

So Im hoping we will all be 'unroped' very soon. It will be a blessing not to share the same country with Yorubas, same goes for Hausa/Fulani
Here WE GO with the foaming of the mouth already by these cursed folks! Are you REALLY ready to RELOCATE your Container Container business BACK to the East ONCE we go each other's way??Yorubas have NOTHING to lose in the disunity( I haven't in my over 40 yrs MET a Yoruba that lived in igboland or speak Igbo whereas I have seen millions of examples of the reverse. Remember that once you leave Yoruba land, all houses your in Yoruba will be HEAVILY taxed because you are NOW A FOREIGNER who will NEED A VISA in Yoruba land. And pls REMEMBER that ONCE we DEPORT you guys, the Northerners will AUTOMATICALLY do same because they Can HARDLY stand the igbos( they are known to Call their Host land a NO MAN'S LAND). The Igbos forget that being a Nigerian means you can have full access to anywhere in Nigeria BUT all places have, A CULTURE,A LANGUAGE, A KING etc . Same way I can't go to Onitsha and say it's my town because I live there.....the Igbo state govts don't EVEN hire other Igbos from other State( I remember a massive sack of igbos that are not from Imo). It is ONLY the Igbos OUT OF THE OVER 200 Tribes in Nigeria that are FIGHTING for INDIGINESHIP right with Other States in Nigeria.....ain't you proud of Una State?I have NEVER seen an idoma or Benin ppl saying they are from Lagos State or OYO state because they were BORN in that State.....an ABOMINATION in ANY DECENT Tribe.
Igbos BADLY need RE-EDUCATION!!!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by tiger28: 8:34pm On Sep 18, 2020
Goodmarlian:
You Don talk your own kudos Now make I talk my own.. wink

I was born in yorroberland shagamu precisely ,Yorrobers don't really love one Nigeria as you guys think, take a look at the Map of Nigeria look at the map of the southwest what do you observe? Yorrobers have all it takes be a great nation , of all the three major ethnic groups groups of Nigeria they are the only ones that do not need the minorities to survive,access to sea they have ,huge and fertile land they have ,they know this but what's delaying them is simple fear.the last thing the yorrober can never risk his life for anything in this life ,not even for money or his freedom and secondly yorrober love Fulanis.
Hope you don't live in Shagamu ANYMORE and you are now in Enugu...........HIGHLY IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by tiger28: 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2020
Goodmarlian:

If ikwerres refuse to join igboland it wouldn't even show,nobody wants landlocked ikwerres all we want is any igboid groups in Rivers that wants to join us especially my obigbo then we are good to go.
I SAID IT!!!!!
They are ALREADY FIGHTING and THREATENING THEIR OWN BROTHERS OOO!!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by kingzizzy: 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2020
tiger28:
Here WE GO with the foaming of the mouth already by these cursed folks! Are you REALLY ready to RELOCATE your Container Container business BACK to the East ONCE we go each other's way??Yorubas have NOTHING to lose in the disunity( I haven't in my over 40 yrs MET a Yoruba that lived in igboland or speak Igbo whereas I have seen millions of examples of the reverse. Remember that once you leave Yoruba land, all houses your in Yoruba will be HEAVILY taxed because you are NOW A FOREIGNER who will NEED A VISA in Yoruba land. And pls REMEMBER that ONCE we DEPORT you guys, the Northerners will AUTOMATICALLY do same because they Can HARDLY stand the igbos( they are known to Call their Host land a NO MAN'S LAND). The Igbos forget that being a Nigerian means you can have full access to anywhere in Nigeria BUT all places have, A CULTURE,A LANGUAGE, A KING etc . Same way I can't go to Onitsha and say it's my town because I live there.....the Igbo state govts don't EVEN hire other Igbos from other State( I remember a massive sack of igbos that are not from Imo). It is ONLY the Igbos OUT OF THE OVER 200 Tribes in Nigeria that are FIGHTING for INDIGINESHIP right with Other States in Nigeria.....ain't you proud of Una State?I have NEVER seen an idoma or Benin ppl saying they are from Lagos State or OYO state because they were BORN in that State.....an ABOMINATION in ANY DECENT Tribe.
Igbos BADLY need RE-EDUCATION!!!

I dont know what you people are making noise for. There are many people from from different countries in Africa like Benin Republic, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Niger Republic etc who are all over the South West. They dont share one country with Yorubas and they have not been deported. Why is that of Igbos a special case? If Nigeria breaks up and Igbos have their own separate country, Igbos will have to observe whatever immigration rule exists wherever they want to go. Its a small price to pay for independence

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by apex0038(m): 12:09am On Sep 19, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
All these write up could have been summed up in one sentence: Yorubas are untrustworthy.
The truth is only bitter,in Nigeria loyalty start with Yoruba. Which many other tribe will not. Many resigned their position because of their Masters,many Yoruba that are help to one position or the other still keep loyalty to them.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 1:05am On Sep 19, 2020
kingzizzy:
As an Igbo man, I can say that it will be a great blessing when we Igbos dont have to share one country with Yorubas any more. Igbos and Yorubas hardly knew each other before the British came to 'rope' them both together into a colonial project called 'Nigeria'

So Im hoping we will all be 'unroped' very soon. It will be a blessing not to share the same country with Yorubas, same goes for Hausa/Fulani

You mumu no be small

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 19, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:

We did that in 1967. You came to our land with British guns to force us back.
Decide what you guys want instead of double face and back-stabbing.

Did what?

Did your father not tell you that you lost the biafra war the moment you crossed Edo and move to Ọrẹ?

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 19, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. You needed the Niger Delta oil hence the war. Exclude Niger Delta area from your map, do the needful and watch the magic.

Niger Delta and Lagos dey dia plan.
Dem mumu like mad.
Even Kanu dey claim sey Benue na Biafra.
If dey won comot, we dash dem dia 5 states

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 2:29am On Sep 19, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. Are you a land grabber? Form your country with your 5 states
this Boy, you are a Very Big Idiot.
let me just not indulge you cos you are a Big Fool
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:17am On Sep 19, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. I am a Niger Deltan so we will be glad to stay on our own.

Unfortunately because of your covetousness for the oyel and gas in my land, you went and included me in your useless Niger-Delta whatever. Though i'm from River state, i'm Igbo first and foremost, and i too want out of this unjust and chaotic killing field you call Nigeria.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Luchitec(m): 3:22am On Sep 19, 2020
Nwa nna, it's comment like this that exasperates some non-Igbo people. In every tribe, you will observe that while a few bad eggs do exist, majority are good people. Even if Nigeria splinters into Biafra, Oduduwa Republic and etc in the future, the Igbos would still need to commingle with the Yoruba, the Hausa and the others. The reality is that your utopian Biafra nation cannot survive as an isolated island.
kingzizzy:

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Ogbuu101: 3:30am On Sep 19, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. Are you a land grabber? Form your country with your 5 states
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by TheChameleon: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2020
Yobabad:
The are very lazy people, especially the very few Muslims among them and members of YMM

They are not lazy about screwing your fat ugly mother.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2020
Default opposition to inter-ethnic marriages by Yorubas? What type of mushrooms have you been eating?! I've met more Yorubas that married from other tribes than other ethnic groups. I'm Yoruba and I'm married to a Nupe woman. And my younger bro married from Bauchi.

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 19, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:

We did that in 1967. You came to our land with British guns to force us back. Decide what you guys want instead of double face and back-stabbing.
I can't remember them inviting you back after the war.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2020
helinues:

Using Nokia 3310 to browse might be challenging though .... Cos that was not the epistle about.

The write-up is more than 3 lines. You should know this would be extremely challenging for a Igbo boy to comprehend with his 1 digit IQ.

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:
Default opposition to inter-ethnic marriages by Yorubas? What type of mushrooms have you been eating?! I've met more Yorubas that married from other tribes than other ethnic groups. I'm Yoruba and I'm married to a Nupe woman. And my younger bro married from Bauchi.
Are u from Ilorin?
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 20, 2020
gomojam:
Are u from Ilorin?
Nope. I'm from Ogun State.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by DerideGull(m): 7:11am On Sep 20, 2020
kingzizzy:

You have spoken my mind too. This is one of the reasons I have always sued for Republic of Igbo land. I asked for it unconditionally.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by DerideGull(m): 7:14am On Sep 20, 2020
helinues:

That sums it up.

Kudos to the writer

Their perceived neutrality towards Nigerian politics is really a ploy to be always on the winning side (because you only lose on the losing side).

The perception of being a fence sitter is nothing but cowardice. He who stands for nothing falls for every thing.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by helinues: 7:17am On Sep 20, 2020
DerideGull:

The perception of being a fence sitter is nothing but cowardice. He who stands for nothing falls for every thing.

If by not endagering the lives of Yoruba is what you called cowardice, so be it

1 Like

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by DerideGull(m): 7:25am On Sep 20, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
�To onlookers, the Yorubas almost seem homogeneous and to put up a united front,but that would be a mirage. There are definitely intra-ethnic scuffles which seek to undermine their reputed front of solidarity. However, this solidarity is real among Yorubas, in whom we have the most tribalistic people of the major ethnicities in Nigeria.

Yorubas have long developed a sense of nationality, which they guard jealously (as seen in their default opposition to inter-ethnic marriage and their strong grasp upon their cultural indexes such as language, names, dressing, cuisine, etc). While it'd be normal for you to see an Igbo or Ijaw person named Johnson Rawlings, hardly would you find a Yoruba person without some ‘Ola’ or ‘Oluwa’ affix to their names. And what Yoruba person doesn't eat amala? Haven't seen any yet.

The solidarity of the Yoruba is a blessing to them (and, most times, to them alone). There is this ‘us’ versus ‘others’ mentality that has glorified itself in their land, so they rally round their own for the benefit of their own. Their perceived neutrality towards Nigerian politics is really a ploy to be always on the winning side (because you only lose on the losing side). This has worked for them and has ensured the stability of the Yoruba land through the various undulating episodes of Nigeria's journey,often to the chagrin of the Igbos, who earnestly desire a unity of the South against the North. But that unity is never going to be because, you see, the Yoruba will always win anyway. This is a smartness that the Igbo man, in all his astuteness, will never comprehend. However, for the purpose of building a better Nigeria, this attitude seems to be counterproductive, as it seems to reflect that the Yoruba are okay with Nigeria the way it is.

That said, I'll talk about the beauty of the Yoruba people. Aside being in close terms with their culture, the Yorubas are also very hospitable to and accommodating of other ethnic groups
. They are perhaps the most tolerant of the major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Like I said, a lot of Nigerians grew up in Lagos, a Yoruba land, and they often feel more at home in Lagos than in my own hometown. The same applies in varying degrees to other cities in Yorubaland. As a matter of fact, there is consistently a large Igbo population in most Yoruba cities (although it's hard to say whether this is as a result of the hospitabiltiy of Yorubas or of the sense of adventure ingrained in the Igbos). When I visited my aunt who is a Yoruba woman, she would treat me just like her own kid. Nevertheless, she also expected me to understand their culture and follow it like I was a Yoruba person, forcing me to learn the language subconsciously. (Don't greet an old Yorubas woman in English - it's disrespectful). Intellectualism reigns among the Yoruba and they are ready to experiment and to be open to new ways, as long as it doesn't affect their cultural indexes. (A Yoruba friend of mine who was a Muslim used to follow me to church just to see what it felt like, and another friend of mine who was born of Muslim parents started attending church just to have more religious options).

But if you ask me, i have a deep respect for this tribe, they may not be perfect, but they are one of the most jovial tribe of people, who enjoy the pleasure that life and people have to offer them.

Arrant nonsense!!! I lived in Yoruba land and I can say unequivocally that Yoruba are not hospitable and accommodating as the writer would want us to believe. The Yoruba are very tribal in nature therefore their is no link between being irredeemably tribal and hospitable. The sense of hospitality is because of prevailing conditions beyond their control. Yoruba can only be close to none Yoruba only if a none Yoruba can speak Yoruba or there is something the none Yoruba controls or has monopoly or a thing Yoruba person needs to sustain life.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by DerideGull(m): 7:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Goodmarlian:
You Don talk your own kudos Now make I talk my own.. wink

I was born in yorroberland shagamu precisely ,Yorrobers don't really love one Nigeria as you guys think, take a look at the Map of Nigeria look at the map of the southwest what do you observe? Yorrobers have all it takes be a great nation , of all the three major ethnic groups groups of Nigeria they are the only ones that do not need the minorities to survive,access to sea they have ,huge and fertile land they have ,they know this but what's delaying them is simple fear.the last thing the yorrober can never risk his life for anything in this life ,not even for money or his freedom and secondly yorrober love Fulanis.

Nobody needs any foolish minority to have access to the sea. Even Islamic Republic of Arewa will have access to the sea. The Yoruba are very cunning people. They perceived the current situation and configuration of Nigeria favor them. The money from the so-called Niger Delta is massively being spent on Yoruba land while Yoruba continue to bamboozle cretins from Niger Delta. Of course, Yoruba love Fulani because both joined together to make the journey into today's Nigeria.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Chimok: 7:51am On Sep 20, 2020
AlfaSeltzer:
All these write up could have been summed up in one sentence: Yorubas are untrustworthy.
do u need him to spell everything out for u?
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 7:52am On Sep 20, 2020
[s]
DerideGull:

Nobody needs any foolish minority to have access to the sea. Even Islamic Republic of Arewa will have access to the sea. The Yoruba are very cunning people. They perceived the current situation and configuration of Nigeria favors them. The money from the so-called Niger Delta is massively being spent on Yoruba land while Yoruba continue to bamboozle cretins from Niger Delta. Of course, Yoruba love Fulani because both joined together to make the journey into today's Nigeria.
[/s] Outright junks from a lowlife worthless soul.

You Igbos are not cunning when you evil race was holding Nigeria then, shouting you are born to rule. That made your cunning tribe to end regional system of government and changed it to central because it was favouring you idiots.

What made your worthless Azikiwe went against secesion clause if not your cunning way of life.

Now that your evil plans on other came back to hunt you idiots down, you are shouting yorubas.

Very wicked race.

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2020
DerideGull:

Arrant nonsense!!! I lived in Yoruba land and I can say unequivocally that Yoruba are not hospitable and accommodating as the writer would want us to believe. The Yoruba are very tribal in nature therefore their is no link between being irredeemably tribal and hospitable. The sense of hospitality is because of prevailing conditions beyond their control. Yoruba can only be close to none Yoruba only if a none Yoruba can speak Yoruba or there is something the none Yoruba controls or has monopoly or a thing Yoruba person needs to sustain life.
I know the truth pain your OSU caste flat head. But who cares. You can go and face trailer to crush you into pieces cos of yorubas. Evil soul.

4 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 20, 2020
DerideGull:

Lol, says Oso abiola cowards.

3 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by myobjective: 8:06am On Sep 20, 2020
sirjamesjnr:
. Grow up in a Port Harcourt gra, have friends mile 3 and PH main town. So watch your mouth.

Sincerely speaking, the first time I went to PH for my NYSC, I really taught the Igweres were indistinguishable from other Igbos.

As a Yoruba all I can see are Igbos. They speak Igbo language, bears Igbos name and eat and socialized like Igbos. Bu after sometime I begins to see the enimity between the core Igbos and the Igweres.

I think most of these enimity stems from the discrimination the Igwere people face in the hand of the Igbos during the time of the old eastern region. Also, the tendency 0f the Igbos to always beat their chest and called their host name when they are given a small opportunity.

2 Likes

Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by DerideGull(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2020
wizzakosh:
[s][/s] Outright junks from a lowlife worthless soul.

You Igbos are not cunning when you evil race was holding Nigeria then, shouting you are born to rule. That made your cunning tribe to end regional system of government and changed it to central because it was favouring you idiots.

What made your worthless Azikiwe went against secesion clause if not your cunning way of life.

Now that your evil plans on other came back to hunt you idiots down, you are shouting yorubas.

Very wicked race.

You sound very ignorant.
Re: My Opinion About A Yoruba As A Tribe. by sirjamesjnr(m): 8:08am On Sep 20, 2020
myobjective:

Sincerely speaking, the first time I went to PH for my NYSC, I really taught the Igweres were indistinguishable from other Igbos.

As a Yoruba all I can see are Igbos. They speak Igbo language, bears Igbos name and eat and socialized like Igbos. Bu after sometime I begins to see the enimity between the core Igbos and the Igweres.

I think most of these enimity stems from the discrimination the Igwere people face in the hand of the Igbos during the time of the old eastern region. Also, the tendency 0f the Igbos to always beat their chest and called their host name when they are given a small opportunity.

. We learned our lesson in a hard way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See What My Father Brought Out When I Complained Of Hardship In The City / Breaking News!!!!!!. Unknown Gunmen Just Attack The Military Checkpoint In Agulu / Congratulation To Tinubu And The Yoruba Of APC, Igbos Lack Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.