Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,404 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Marriage In Distress: Need Advice - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage In Distress: Need Advice (5622 Views)

2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Sex Denial Threatens 6-year-old Marriage In Lagos / Traditional Marriage In The Village, Is It Compulsory? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agabaI23(m): 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
hehehehehe

@Jenny, I dey and i full ground for NL. You no look for me now did you?

@Ibobabe
Na you i for ask that question. You wey dey enter disappear.

Answer to una questions, I dey alive ooo
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by modele2: 2:15pm On Mar 28, 2012
I read all, becos i was so curious to know how it ended or solid advice that was given. Why? becos i have or perharps am still going thru this kind of situation, mines better becos its not an ex and its not one woman, but i am sure its just about messages text, BB, FB etc. I am sure becos there is really no room for physical fowl play, he returns home early and we spend weekends together.

Unfortunately i saw no solid advice or gameplan, i needed a man in the house to give me a good gameplan, i think the women in the house are just speculating no offence.

I have tried the viscious confrontation, that one backfired with the issue now being how insultive and physcial i was.On another expose, I then tried the begging crying comfrontation and that lead to an apology but no restitution, I finally tried the logical, matured conversational approach and no show. The result of each of this scenarios lead to him locking up his gadget saying i had no right to read his messages blah blah...that for me shows an unrepentant spirit. He tired keeping his phone clean, deleting messages that just arrived or records of compromising phone calls. The ones i saw i just stumbled on, i wasnt searching for anyting in particular.

HE feels justified becos he dosent sleep with them, but we all know thats how it starts and it makes me scared for him and myself in the future. After the last episode, where i stumbled on a compromising message i decided not to dwel on it. Am getting tired of the whole denial saga, besides i have a semblance of peace and happiness in the home. Basically i have thrown in the towel on that episode hoping feverently it doesent consume us in the future...but what can i do.

So long and short, men in the house can we get fresher, better game plans to break this kind of emotional bondage. For him he is having fun and feels he is immune to fallin headlong, hes just playing with fire. embarassed
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agabaI23(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2012
modele2: I read all, becos i was so curious to know how it ended or solid advice that was given. Why? becos i have or perharps am still going thru this kind of situation, mines better becos its not an ex and its not one woman, but i am sure its just about messages text, BB, FB etc. I am sure becos there is really no room for physical fowl play, he returns home early and we spend weekends together.

Unfortunately i saw no solid advice or gameplan, i needed a man in the house to give me a good gameplan, i think the women in the house are just speculating no offence.

I have tried the viscious confrontation, that one backfired with the issue now being how insultive and physcial i was.On another expose, I then tried the begging crying comfrontation and that lead to an apology but no restitution, I finally tried the logical, matured conversational approach and no show. The result of each of this scenarios lead to him locking up his gadget saying i had no right to read his messages blah blah...that for me shows an unrepentant spirit. He tired keeping his phone clean, deleting messages that just arrived or records of compromising phone calls. The ones i saw i just stumbled on, i wasnt searching for anyting in particular.

HE feels justified becos he dosent sleep with them, but we all know thats how it starts and it makes me scared for him and myself in the future. After the last episode, where i stumbled on a compromising message i decided not to dwel on it. Am getting tired of the whole denial saga, besides i have a semblance of peace and happiness in the home. Basically i have thrown in the towel on that episode hoping feverently it doesent consume us in the future...but what can i do.

So long and short, men in the house can we get fresher, better game plans to break this kind of emotional bondage. For him he is having fun and feels he is immune to fallin headlong, hes just playing with fire. embarassed

Your man needs a friend- find out if you are the friend he wants. Check out your conversational skills
Check out the characters of his friends.
Find out if you have given up some things you used to do that attracted him.
Check out your cleanliness.
Has he ever suggested some changes?

Are you ageing faster just because you are married? Have you overlooked your size?

Lets give a specific example' He likes going clubbing, you used to go with him and now you cannot because you are married.... that's just a hypothetical example but it happens in reality.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
I need a break from this family section. What is all these nonsense I am reading?

ALL OF YOU SILLY LOW SELF ESTEEMED AND NO SELF WORTH WOMEN HAVING ISSUES WITH YOUR HUSBAND SHOULD STOP DISTURBING US WITH YOUR STORIES COS I AM FORKING TIRED OF READING BULLCRAP, YOU COME ON HERE LOOKING FOR ADVISE, ADVISE YOU WILL NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY. DIE THERE JOOO. AWON OLOSHI angry
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agabaI23(m): 3:21pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry: I need a break from this family section. What is all these nonsense I am reading?

ALL OF YOU SILLY LOW SELF ESTEEMED AND NO SELF WORTH WOMEN HAVING ISSUES WITH YOUR HUSBAND SHOULD STOP DISTURBING US WITH YOUR STORIES COS I AM FORKING TIRED OF READING BULLCRAP, YOU COME ON HERE LOOKING FOR ADVISE, ADVISE YOU WILL NOT TAKE SERIOUSLY. DIE THERE JOOO. AWON OLOSHI angry
When we were frequenting ozu restaurant, it was all good I don't know what went wrong undecided
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 28, 2012
i'ke guru, agaba sad
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agabaI23(m): 4:06pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry: i'ke guru, agaba sad
haha, you divorced me
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agiboma(f): 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2012
@ Op you got a womanizer on your hands here ooo. Look you got a few options either stay and find ways to make yourself happy whether it be your job, a new hobby etc. Try to be the source of your happiness and ignore this man the best you can. Or you can get a divorce and go your own way. My expereice with womanizers is that they dont change so if you stay with him you got to change so you dont go crazy.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by queensmith: 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
Modele, i am a woman and not a cheating man so im not sure you will respect my opinion. it seems to me like you dont know what you want, i advise you not to bother yourself and ignore any suspicious activity. Even when he begins to come home late, just remember in future that its all your fault because you did not set the standards before going into marriage. A man will give you the respect and love you demand, the minute you show him his lack of discipline and respect for the marriage is ok to you is the moment you lose the fairytale marriage and you live with the consequences. This goes out to other women that place having a husband above having self respect, you get what is coming to you when you don't appreciate the value of YOUR happiness, dont complain when the man acts it out!
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by livapul86(m): 8:24pm On Mar 28, 2012
jennykadry: I need a break from this family section. What is all these nonsense I am reading?

This is the most self conceited post that I have ever seen. What are you feeling like? Did someone force you to post a response Not everyone is like you and some women do not possess the mental toughness to confront such challenges. They come on this platform hoping that someone
that has passed through a similar situation, would be able to guide them right. You do not have to patronise them with your comments but at least be humane enough not to ridicule their circumstances. For Goodness sake, Modele2 has as much right as you to post her marital challenges on this forum and if you don't have anything to say to her, ignore her problem and phock off the thread. What makes you Jennykadry think that you're the Primadonna queen of advise on the family section? Phock off, if you're tired of givin advice, someone else would.
@Modele2: Am sorry for what you must be going through, but now is the time to stamp your feet on the ground and decide the way forward In your marriage. If talking to him to make him understand your challenges doesn't work then I advise that one of these weekends you leave him to stay with your parents or an elderly relative. Though before you go, write a clear and sincere letter of the pain you're going through. Detail the expectations and the joy you had hope to share in your marriage with him and how frustrated you feel that he isn't acting to the term of your union. In short, pour your heart in the note. If he TRULY loves and RESPECT you, he would come knocking. Take care.

2 Likes

Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agiboma(f): 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
modele2: I read all, becos i was so curious to know how it ended or solid advice that was given. Why? becos i have or perharps am still going thru this kind of situation, mines better becos its not an ex and its not one woman, but i am sure its just about messages text, BB, FB etc. I am sure becos there is really no room for physical fowl play, he returns home early and we spend weekends together.

Look modele2 you are not the only one going through this situation, I also find myself witht he same type of man you have in your house. Listen try to take your mind off this man, my sister if you study him you will go mad. Do things that make you happy, go to the salon, read books, play with your children, do things with your work, make yourself feel happy, because i am afraid your husband is not willing to do that for you right now. If you cannot take it anymore then go your own way, leave him and divorce. But if you stay come up with a new game plan which makes staying with him bearable until he comes back to his senses. My sister you are not alone in this. There are people on nairaland facing the same situation as you,and we care about you!
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Nobody: 10:09am On Mar 29, 2012
livapul86:
This is the most self conceited post that I have ever seen. What are you feeling like? Did someone force you to post a response Not everyone is like you and some women do not possess the mental toughness to confront such challenges. They come on this platform hoping that someone
that has passed through a similar situation, would be able to guide them right. You do not have to patronise them with your comments but at least be humane enough not to ridicule their circumstances. For Goodness sake, Modele2 has as much right as you to post her marital challenges on this forum and if you don't have anything to say to her, ignore her problem and phock off the thread. What makes you Jennykadry think that you're the Primadonna queen of advise on the family section? Phock off, if you're tired of givin advice, someone else would.
@Modele2: Am sorry for what you must be going through, but now is the time to stamp your feet on the ground and decide the way forward In your marriage. If talking to him to make him understand your challenges doesn't work then I advise that one of these weekends you leave him to stay with your parents or an elderly relative. Though before you go, write a clear and sincere letter of the pain you're going through. Detail the expectations and the joy you had hope to share in your marriage with him and how frustrated you feel that he isn't acting to the term of your union. In short, pour your heart in the note. If he TRULY loves and RESPECT you, he would come knocking. Take care.

Bend your head down to your groin area and suck on your 1.5 inches d!ck kiss
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by modele2: 11:54am On Mar 29, 2012
@aigboma
thanks thats exactly what i am doing...i wrote in just wondering if there was anyother way, becos i believe this way would drift us apart, were only 3years in.

@queensmith
i smiled when i read ur post becos i used to be called 'Tatcher'or 'women liberator'...i dont take nonscence. Infact it was part of my problem when we got married he got in with a mentality of me being a stubborn wild horse he had to break. If u read my post well u would see that i have tried different reactions to the problem.I just wanted a new direction. I am really not the mopping weepy type....

@agba123
Thanks very constructive reply. If i am asked i would say i am his best friend o, esp as it is not one single woman, its like he misses his old flirty days and sees it as a game.Well he has complained that my gist is always too long, that half is gossip and another half is something that would deflate his ego.Most times i am just trying too hard to make conversation, so i think i should take a cue from there. On the aging and cleanliness stuff thats not an issue, i take pretty good care of my self and my weight is under control. He has no close male friends either.

@livapul86
Thanks for the voltron stance....left for me some people are better left ignored. I have never really tot of a leter sha, thats another good one.will definitely do thanks.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by livapul86(m): 12:57pm On Mar 29, 2012
jennykadry:

Bend your head down to your groin area and suck on your 1.5 inches d!ck kiss
Hahaha........U're a real witch o! How did you know? its actually 0.5 inches smaller. Abeg, do you know how I can increase it
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 29, 2012
^^keep sucking kiss
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by queensmith: 2:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Modele, well i guess you have to bring that attitude back. Set the standards of your marriage ,give him ultimatums you can stick to. Let him no you are no door mat to be trampled over. Regain respect for your self and develop a no nonsense attitude. Look at it this way, if you allow your husband to continue to treat you this way your sons will know no better and your daughters will carry it into their own relationships. You dont want your daughters to live this way do you? Please help us break this cycle and raise children that know what relationships are really about. Mutual understanding and respect.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agiboma(f): 10:44am On Mar 30, 2012
@Modele in my expreince with this type of man confrontation does not work. I know cause i fight with mine for over 18 months straight and nothing good came out of it. We have been together for 9 years now,so for me i simply just focus on other things these days and surprisingly he is more interested as i do this. He cares what i say, he listens to me now and i have a flashback of the man i once knew the hubby i loved years ago. Now all this change does not happen over night so have patience, it will work out in the end. wink
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Johndoe100(m): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2012
@modele

You should listen to agiboma. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by queensmith: 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2012
Johndoe100: @modele

You should listen to agiboma. She seems to have a good hea

d on her shoulders.

I agree, but I won't call it a good head, she knows what she's wants and that's to remain married no matter what.
Not a bad thing if the op can learn to kill her character completely. But in yet to meet a woman with such low respect for herself that she'll sell her very being for an illusion. O well!
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Johndoe100(m): 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2012
@queensmith
you appear to be another one of those women also an Internet Nigerian no doubt.

@modele and agiboma
Pay them no mind, they don't know any better.

1 Like

Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by ifyalways(f): 4:07pm On Mar 30, 2012
Hey,Johndoe Mr Internet Nigerians.I've missed you here,was just asking after you and Harakiri today.Richvcunt is still around and holding down the torch,obviously.

Glad to have around.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by agiboma(f): 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2012
@Johndoe I could not agree any more ooo wink
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by ronkebp(f): 7:56pm On Mar 30, 2012
ifyalways: Hey,Johndoe Mr Internet Nigerians.I've missed you here,was just asking after you and Harakiri today.Richvcunt is still around and holding down the torch,obviously.

Glad to have around.

Dem plenty, add Neyostica'.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Genius100: 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2012
OP, you are obviously a drama queen. Maybe I need to go back and read the posts again, but I do not recall you catching your husband cheating. You saw some text messages from the ex, that is probably not even in the same city, and you threw yourself into a depression. First off, stop checking his phone. Why do you keep setting yourself up to be unhappy? The girl is not evene in the same city, so find something else to focus your time on. Your husband is actually very gentle. There is no way in this world I will beg a girl to stay with me. If you want to leave, go ahead and leave with your two kids and see how easy it is. Please stop disturbing us with your self inflicted melodarama....
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by queensmith: 9:08pm On Mar 30, 2012
internet nigerian? what on earth is that??
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Nobody: 5:44am On Mar 31, 2012
ifyalways: Hey,Johndoe Mr Internet Nigerians.I've missed you here,was just asking after you and Harakiri today.Richvcunt is still around and holding down the torch,obviously.

Glad to have around.

@ify-all-ways,
Must you always fly off the handle?
Did you bother to read what I wrote at all?
Have you bothered to read what I have been writing or like the others you are too engrossed in trying to prove you are in a perfect marriage? So that people like the OP who obviously has issues with her marriage can feel inferior to you and your ilk?
And by the way Please LEARN to spell my user name right.Thank you.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by ifyalways(f): 9:44am On Mar 31, 2012
Loosen up man, what I typed up there have absolutely nothing to do with the topic. Don't even know what the thread is all about, just a friendly hello to a forumite that went awol.

Sorry about your mispelt username, and for involving your username.

Don't know where or when I boasted I was in a perfect marriage, what could have suggested that in my reply
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 31, 2012
Apology accepted.No hard feelings.You need to loosen up .
Next time read the thread before you post.
Thank you.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 31, 2012
agiboma: @Modele in my expreince with this type of man confrontation does not work. I know cause i fight with mine for over 18 months straight and nothing good came out of it. We have been together for 9 years now,so for me i simply just focus on other things these days[b] and surprisingly he is more interested as i do this. He cares what i say, he listens to me now and i have a flashback of the man i once knew the hubby i loved years ago.[/b] Now all this change does not happen over night so have patience, it will work out in the end. wink

agy,
Just saw this.
Congratulations.
Re: Marriage In Distress: Need Advice by ronkebp(f): 2:26pm On Mar 31, 2012
agiboma: @Modele in my expreince with this type of man confrontation does not work. I know cause i fight with mine for over 18 months straight and nothing good came out of it. We have been together for 9 years now,so for me i simply just focus on other things these days and surprisingly he is more interested as i do this. He cares what i say, he listens to me now and i have a flashback of the man i once knew the hubby i loved years ago. Now all this change does not happen over night so have patience, it will work out in the end. wink

Good for you Agiboma, sometimes when you focus on the problem for too long, it becomes a problem, for men, just give them the space they so much want in few minutes, with you focusing on other things, that is when they will be in your business. smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman / What Is The Significance Of Having A Baby's Hair Cut @ The Age Of One / Raising Children: Abroad Or Overseas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.