Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed (2905 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / US Man Going Through Divorce Crashes Dump Truck Into Wife's Home & Cars (Video) / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Enskynelson(m): 5:51am On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry for the loss.
Please follow this thread, read thoroughly and follow the steps (remember to copy CBN). He got his money and I think you can get yours too.
Cheers
https://www.nairaland.com/6108474/duped-whatsapp-tv-how-recovered
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by oladosu59996: 6:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Chai!!!!Ever since MMM dealt with me I'm beginning to feel it will be extremely difficulty to get my spotlight with crams of these extent.I now believe in hard labors no more medium reductions.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Michelle55: 6:56am On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry dear, MMM has taught lots of us sense. But need I remind you that you didn't just lose 20k buy your Facebook account as well or does that not really bother you?

3 Likes

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 7:10am On Sep 19, 2020
Michelle55:
Sorry dear, MMM has taught lots of us sense. But need I remind you that you didn't just lose 20k buy your Facebook account as well or does that not really bother you?
My Facebook is not link with the phone number I use to communicate with them. The reset can not work.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 7:11am On Sep 19, 2020
Enskynelson:
Sorry for the loss.
Please follow this thread, read thoroughly and follow the steps (remember to copy CBN). He got his money and I think you can get yours too.
Cheers
https://www.nairaland.com/6108474/duped-whatsapp-tv-how-recovered
Alright. Thanks
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Folzye(m): 7:13am On Sep 19, 2020
I have always told people, there is nothing like quick money or easy money. Once you understand that simple logic, you can not fall for any cheap scam as this.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by 0Brien: 7:31am On Sep 19, 2020
celeb4reallife:
0814 552 0214
These are their numbers, please is there a way I can track them?

*Have you mistakenly or greedily sent 50k to get 100k in 5 minutes and then later realized that you have been scammed?*
And the scammer even went on to rub your ignorance on your face too??

*Good news to you,*

Please follow the below steps and pray fervently too

*HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.*

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2020
celeb4reallife:
0814 552 0214

I have mail my bank (access bank) but no response yet. The numbers have started calling me again this morning. Is there any security platform I can submit their numbers to for tracking?
Please, if you have an idea, help
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Nickshrapnel: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Mokason28:
undecided I have never been scammed and I will never be scammed...
Reason: only greedy fools get scammed... how can you be so fooooooolish to believe that after paying 50k you automatically get 100k how? Where did the extra cash come from so fast ? Biko go and sit down I pray you get thrown out of your house so that you will have some sense
Okay, so a friend was trying to pay the annual fee for service rendered from a company based abroad but the company’s email had been cloned and he ended up paying into the cloned account, does that means that my friend is greedy?
Yes, the OP was desperate and her desperation led to her making some unwise decisions but stop labeling all scam victims greedy. Good morning.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by IAmSkinny: 9:40am On Sep 19, 2020
celeb4reallife:
I shared my foolishness here to save a prospective victims, not for you to wish me bad. Ok?

I know sharing it here will help a prospective foolish victims.

But in life, don't be too quick to call people names especially when you have not walked in their shoes.

Contact your bank with evidence. Something can be done and I'm sure you'll get a refund.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Ishilove: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2020
eTECTIV:

Wen are U going to realise U not only lost ur 20k but also ur facebook account? D code u sent to dem was ur facebook account reset code.. Na greed do U.. How ppl still fall for dis petty money doubling scam baffles me.. Ur facebook account have now been added to the list of those who will b testifying for others..
This is news. How can people be so devious, for God's sake??
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 19, 2020
Sorry for your loss. This is so disheartening.

I don't know why people will be so heartless enough to swindle others of their money. And when the repercussions begin to hit their children and generation unborn, they'll won't know it's as a result of what ththe father and grandfathers did.

It is well with you.

1 Like

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Omoluabi16(m): 10:19am On Sep 19, 2020
Ishilove:

This is news. How can people be so devious, for God's sake??
I saw one thread with thousands of testifiers, I knew immediately those accounts were hacked. E get some scams ehn, that I don't feel one tiny bit of pity for the victims.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Mokason28: 10:23am On Sep 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Okay, so a friend was trying to pay the annual fee for service rendered from a company based abroad but the company’s email had been cloned and he ended up paying into the cloned account, does that means that my friend is greedy?
Yes, the OP was desperate and her desperation led to her making some unwise decisions but stop labeling all scam victims greedy. Good morning.
Your friend is not greedy and he could sue the company if was also in abroad and his money will be refunded back to him
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Nickshrapnel: 10:32am On Sep 19, 2020
Mokason28:

Your friend is not greedy and he could sue the company if was also in abroad and his money will be refunded back to him
On what ground will he sue the company on? Are they the one that cloned the email? He can only report and hope the authorities catch the scammer and perhaps his money may be refunded if the scammer have not spent everything. Just like the case of Hushpuppi, his victims may get their cash back

1 Like

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 11:32am On Sep 19, 2020
IAmSkinny:

Contact your bank with evidence. Something can be done and I'm sure you'll get a refund.
They have replied me. They said I should report to the appropriate law enforcement agency
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by ezimo777(m): 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mokason28:
undecided I have never been scammed and I will never be scammed...
Reason: only greedy fools get scammed... how can you be so fooooooolish to believe that after paying 50k you automatically get 100k how? Where did the extra cash come from so fast ? Biko go and sit down I pray you get thrown out of your house so that you will have some sense

I've read through all your comment but one thing I noticed is how quick insult people.
D OP only shared an experience any never asked you for financial assistance and even if OP asked, if u no get u no go just shut up??

Please be mature in thoughts and reasoning.

4 Likes

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Mokason28: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
On what ground will he sue the company on? Are they the one that cloned the email? He can only report and hope the authorities catch the scammer and perhaps his money may be refunded if the scammer have not spent everything. Just like the case of Hushpuppi, his victims may get their cash back
You don’t know anything about law if he good dirty lawyer he/she could claim the company connived with the scammers
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Mokason28: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
ezimo777:

I've read through all your comment but one thing I noticed is how quick insult people.
D OP only shared an experience any never asked you for financial assistance and even if OP asked, if u no get u no go just shut up??

Please be mature in thoughts and reasoning.

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by lowkeybahdguy(m): 2:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
Surviving Nigeria is a life skill..
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by oglalasioux(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2020
This should be on front page.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by iyatrustee(f): 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
solmus:

Oga say what you know, there are legitimate investment and finance company, mutual funds company that use your money on stocks, lucrative bonds and other less volatile investment like treasury bill

This was Obaseki's main job in his popular company Afrinvest Nigeria limited and Tinubu's Compass finance LLC Chicago the fact that this criminals scammed him based on trust isn't his / her fault

My oga, none of these companies you quoted will give you a 100% ROI within 24hrs!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by solmus: 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
iyatrustee:

My oga, none of these companies you quoted will give you a 100% ROI within 24hrs!

True sha
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Nickshrapnel: 4:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
Mokason28:

You don’t know anything about law if he good dirty lawyer he/she could claim the company connived with the scammers
shocked undecided

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2020
lowkeybahdguy:
Surviving Nigeria is a life skill..
Too bad. Is like nothing is real in this part of the world.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Uyi168: 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
celeb4reallife:
This is how testimonies from others looks, but they're all fraudulent
Stupid people like u deserves to be scammed!
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 6:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Uyi168:
Stupid people like u deserves to be scammed!
you don't need to throw insult to make a point. I only screen shot some examples of those fake testimonies to prevent future victims.

I don't know why some of you derive pleasure in pressing someone down with words even when you know the person is already down and drained.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by tweenson(m): 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
��������������

*Have you mistakenly or greedily sent 50k to get 100k in 5 minutes and then later realized that you have been scammed?*

*Good news to you,*

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by tweenson(m): 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
Have you mistakenly or greedily sent 50k to get 100k in 5 minutes and then later realized that you have been scammed?*

*Good news to you,*

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by kelechiodo(m): 5:44am On Sep 20, 2020
celeb4reallife:
0814 552 0214

Don't worry. You can collect your money back. Send a letter to your bank if it's bank transfer you did, attach the screenshot of chats you had with the guy and copy complaint@cbn in the letter. The guy's account will be frozen till he pays your money.

Modified

Pls also read the above post. I didn't see it before posting this. Follow any of the post instructions and you will definitely receive your money.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Autism And Life / How Should I Protect Her? / Re: Should I End The The Relationship? My Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.