Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed (2949 Views)

My Friend Is Currently Going Through A Divorce In UK &having A Hell Of A Time / US Man Going Through Divorce Crashes Dump Truck Into Wife's Home & Cars (Video) / No Court Marriage. Must We Separate By Going Through Divorce In Court? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by Enskynelson(m): 8:00am On Sep 20, 2020
celeb4reallife:
They have replied me. They said I should report to the appropriate law enforcement agency
Did you do a CC: to the CBN email? Everyone here had told u to copy the letter to CBN otherwise, your bank may not take any action.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by halogate: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
Op..sorry for ur loss.

Iv realized that it's 2 things that make pple fall for this kind of scam:

1. Greediness
2. Ignorance.

Op..urs is no1... I trust u have learnt a bitter lesson.
Even MMM did not give pple 100% ROI in 24hrs.

..2 weeks ago,.a friend of mine..learnered oh.. was scammed with that old ATM format. For crying out loud, no bank on Earth will call u and ask for ur atm details, C.V.V, OTP et al...yet pple still fall for that shyt undecided undecided..

I still dey wait for my own phone call. Robbosh!!
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by halogate: 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
0Brien:

*Have you mistakenly or greedily sent 50k to get 100k in 5 minutes and then later realized that you have been scammed?*
And the scammer even went on to rub your ignorance on your face too??

*Good news to you,*

Please follow the below steps and pray fervently too

*HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.*

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed".

Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

4. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

5. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share with Friends and Family.
Saving dis info for a rainy day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by ibechris(m): 4:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
I can transfer money to anyone without seeing them except my family members.

I just wonder how people sleep after having duped their fellow brothers and sisters in the same country.
It will not be well with this fellow.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
Enskynelson:

Did you do a CC: to the CBN email? Everyone here had told u to copy the letter to CBN otherwise, your bank may not take any action.
Yes. I sent to my bank, his bank UBA and CBN.

1 Like

Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 4:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
halogate:
Op..sorry for ur loss.

Iv realized that it's 2 things that make pple fall for this kind of scam:

1. Greediness
2. Ignorance.

Op..urs is no1... I trust u have learnt a bitter lesson.
Even MMM did not give pple 100% ROI in 24hrs.

..2 weeks ago,.a friend of mine..learnered oh.. was scammed with that old ATM format. For crying out loud, no bank on Earth will call u and ask for ur atm details, C.V.V, OTP et al...yet pple still fall for that shyt undecided undecided..

I still dey wait for my own phone call. Robbosh!!
It's really unlike me. I can't remember the last time I believe things like that. I was really chocked up and I got desperate, but at least someone can read and learn something especially those Facebook post where the keep congratulating themselves and confirming payment and all that.

I was trying to urgently meet a need and at the end, I lost the little one I'm trying to gather.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by balitaaluminium(f): 4:38pm On Sep 20, 2020
Someone must have hijack the guy account to scammed you.
Re: I Was Going Through A Lot, Depressed Then, I Got Scammed by celeb4reallife(f): 7:07am On Sep 21, 2020
balitaaluminium:
Someone must have hijack the guy account to scammed you.
I don't understand

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? / Who Will Save Me From My Mother In-law? / Another Girl Today You Wont Believe It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.