Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,852 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? (2902 Views)

My Fiancée Is Acting Suspicious / My Dad Insists That My Fiancée Must Take Fertility Test Before Marriage / My Fiancée Has Stopped Picking My Calls, Please Advise Me On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Onepointfiveodds: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
I've tried everything in my power to correct her in love but she's always defensive and most times end up fighting me for correcting her..

I'm engaged to be married to her in few months and i love her so much. I really don't have a problem with the fact that she put too much salt in everything but she can't be corrected and i don't know how else to go about it.

This salt stuffs isn't really good for my health.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by daddytime(m): 7:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
Orishirishi

Drop her number make we help you call and beg her to reduce the salt.

Abi wetin make you create this topic?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by lilvicky68(m): 7:44pm On Dec 29, 2021
Just pretend to die after eating her food grin..

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Omihanifa: 7:45pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:
I've always tried everything in my power to correct her in love but she's always defensive and most times end up fighting me for correcting her..

I'm engaged to be married to her in few months and i love her so much. I really don't have a problem with the fact that she put too much salt in everything but she can't be corrected and i don't know how else to go about it.

You better find a way to correct her on time before you develop high blood pressure due to excessive salt intake

7 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Onepointfiveodds: 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
Omihanifa:

You better find a way to correct her on time before you develop high blood pressure due to excessive salt intake

That's the way I'm looking for sir...

I believe nairaland is wide enough to get experienced husbands to put me through
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Hezzyluv: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
The salt u dey use for food too much and I no like am embarassed.
Case closed.

She use to vex anytime you correct her. Na BIG RED flag be that but you choose to ignore because you're blinded by love. Well, the Lord is you strength. undecided

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:51pm On Dec 29, 2021
lilvicky68:

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Wawelexy(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Keep kwayet OK, when your sperm becomes watery, maybe you will speak out by then...
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Karleb(m): 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Some of you really need to learn how to put your foot down. If you and your wife to be can't correct yourselves then what is my own problem?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:
I've tried everything in my power to correct her in love but she's always defensive and most times end up fighting me for correcting her..

You don't have a problem with it but instead you have a problem with the fact that she does not bend to your whim? undecided

The salt stuffs isn't good for your health, so have you suggested you maybe take over as far as cooking is concerned or is this a case of "the woman has to cook for her husband or she is disqualified"? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by descarado: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2021
I will break the engagement.
Very big red flag not to be overlooked.

Not meeting someone in the middle is a no no no
Stubbornness is a no no no
Most importantly,not health conscious in this age and time is a kill joy.
Sometimes love is not enough.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 8:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hezzyluv:
The salt u dey use for food too much and I no like am embarassed.
Case closed.

She use to vex anytime you correct her. Na BIG RED flag be that but you choose to ignore because you're blinded by love. Well, the Lord is you strength. undecided

I totally agree, that's a huge red flag. Mr. Onepointfiveodds, I beg to digress, does she always get defensive and not take heed when you correct her on other areas?

As for the food issue, if it occurs again, say to her in the most calm voice, "if you continue to disregard my concerns and insist on feeding me with sodium filled dishes, I'd have to stop eating your food". Then, stand up and leave the food for her.

Don't say anything further to her if she chooses to argue, be completely silent and get something else to eat. Keep at it until she gets the message.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You don't have a problem with it but instead you have a problem with the fact that she does not bend to your whim? undecided

The salt stuffs isn't good for your health, so have you suggested you maybe take over as far as cooking is concerned or is this a case of "the woman has to cook for her husband or she is disqualified"? undecided

If a partner cannot be corrected by the other, it is a red flag. Partners should listen to each other and be willing to make the necessary adjustments to accommodate each other.

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by garriAndsugar: 8:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:

With all due respect, Madam sometimes it's best you keep mute..

You sabi talk and argue rubbish..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:
If a partner cannot be corrected by the other, it is a red flag. Partners should listen to each other and be willing to make the necessary adjustments to accommodate each other.
Your partner is not your child to be "schooled" in any way by you or anyone else. And we all have preferences so if you go in thinking it is your right to "change" the other, you are already approaching things in the wrong way. There is a difference between negotiating and correcting your partner.undecided

If a partner can't cook well like in this case, the other can step in to do the cooking instead, allowing the other focus on other aspects she is able to do well. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by ikeno(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
you:babe,this food is So delicious.you always the best when it comes to cooking a delicious meal.
she:thank you
you:least I forget,I visited the hospital just for routine checkup on my body and the doc said my blood pressure is slightly high that too much of salt could be d culprit.he advise I reduce my salt intake.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Bola146(f): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
grin so you can't look her in the face with love and tell her And both of you are about to marry? Jesu mi o sad angry see why good communication is good, your spouse should be your best and listening friend. Don't tell her, so gbo? Kidney is expensive now ooo biko

7 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
Pls break up with her, as little as this issue may sound, it is a huge red flag, don't try to say you can cope cos you can't cope with health risk, too much salt intake is risky to one's health.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by debbydams(f): 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2021
daddytime:
Orishirishi

Drop her number make we help you call and beg her to reduce the salt.

Abi wetin make you create this topic?
lol, make op drop location make we epp am beat his babe wey no sabi cook...some guys sha grin

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by bigcee(m): 8:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your partner is not your child to be "schooled" in any way by you or anyone else. And we all have preferences so if you go in thinking it is your right to "change" the other, you are already approaching things in the wrong way. There is a difference between negotiating and correcting your partner.undecided

If a partner can't cook well like in this case, the other can step in to do the cooking instead, allowing the other focus on other aspects she is able to do well. undecided
Honestly, you don't have sense. Imagine the man entering the kitchen to cook because the woman can't cook. So the woman can focus on other things she is good at. Do you even have a functioning brain. What nonsense is that?

8 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Jidemoo: 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2021
Smh
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2021
descarado:
I will break the engagement.
Very big red flag not to be overlooked.

Not meeting someone in the middle is a no no no
Stubbornness is a no no no
Most importantly,not health conscious in this age and time is a kill joy.
Sometimes love is not enough.

Love is certainly enough. It is love that makes someone selfless and agree to meet at the middle as you put it.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by azeeza(f): 8:27pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:

maybe it's too much Maggi cubes grin
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Biglittlelois(f): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You should really know when to desist from arguing senselessly

Apart from Op's health, her health is also at risk with her excessive salt intake, and she has to be schooled on it, no one is above being told right from wrong.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by bigcee(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2021
@onepointfiveodds, that's is a big red flag. If you can't reason with your woman without her nagging and being defensive. Then you should consider what you're about to enter(marriage).

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by daddytime(m): 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
debbydams:
lol, make op drop location make we epp am beat his babe wey no sabi cook...some guys sha grin

The matter tire person.
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by FirstCounsel(m): 8:30pm On Dec 29, 2021
cheesy grin
lilvicky68:
Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Onepointfiveodds: 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Please don't be this sentimental.. I can cook, yes buh will it continue this way... How will she learn that you even to her, the salt is not good.

I'm not dogmatic please.. Just want to have a healthy and happy home

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by descarado: 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2021
HRSweetness:

Love is certainly enough. It is love that makes someone selfless and agree to meet at the middle as you put it.

Then you don't know how love operates. Love is never selfless.
A man appeal o you cos he cares. How does he care?
He gives you everything you can think of.
U call it love.
If he stops, love will start dying.
A man loves a woman unconditionally cos she mothers him, her pussy is so sweet to him. Remove these and love dies.
Love is very very selfish and not blind. Know this and you will never experience a broken heart kiss

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by HRSweetness(f): 8:33pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Your concluding paragraph suggests that each partner focus on their strengths. I agree.

I disagree with you assuming that to be corrected is to be "schooled" or forced to change. If you have this mindset, you'd mostly have highly unproductive relationships resulting from poor interpersonal skills.

What is wrong with the partner becoming better in the art of cooking rather than give up completely because they are being corrected?

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Kobojunkie: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
Onepointfiveodds:

Please don't be this sentimental.. I can cook, yes buh will it continue this way... How will she learn that you even to her, the salt is not good.

I'm not dogmatic please.. Just want to have a healthy and happy home
There is nothing sentimental about any of what I have asked or stated so far. undecided

You make a mistake thinking, or should I say, believing your partner is meant to take corrections from you. There is a reason why relationships are only meant for the mature mind, not the immature. undecided

She does not know how to cook... you do. Go ahead and negotiate with her on the cooking or maybe suggest she stay off cooking altogether while you take over since you are the health-conscious one. undecided

If what you are looking for is a spouse you will bend in everyday to suit you, good luck! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée Uses Too Much Salt.. How Do I Correct Her? by Onepointfiveodds: 8:39pm On Dec 29, 2021
Kobojunkie:

I wish you understand how well I've tried.

We dated 3 years bfr getting to this point... My job bfr now gave me enough time to do anything after 3pm, so most of the times, i do the cooking, untill now that she has to cook fr me most times cos of the nature of my job.

My point is I've bn helping her with the cooking with the intention that she'll learn from me but now i can't do that again because of the nature of my job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Unfair To Women / I Miss Home: / What This Mom Did To Her Baby In A Fast Food Bathroom Is Despicable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.