Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya (4255 Views)

Al-qaeda Flying It's Flag Over Libya / West Begins To Backtrack Over Libya / Russia's President Medvedev Scolds Prime Minister Putin Over Libya Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by kodewrita(m): 11:08am On Mar 05, 2011
a haiku for thee then:

better a one-liner
than a page full of pure filth
like cap twenty eight's
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Mariory(m): 7:00am On Mar 06, 2011
Never knew the fall of Ghadaffi would force so many mental midgets to depart from reality. Quite comical. Ghadaffi is blaming the revolt on Islamists fanatics and al-Qaeda. Some retards on nairaland are blaming it on the West. Some super retards on nairaland are blaming it on Western media.

You couldn't make this crap up if you tried. It's like a bad comedy.

cap28:

western leaders lifted sanctions in 2004 BUT subsequently decided that they would be better off without GAdaffi in the picture, especially since Gadaffi was not an easily controllable puppet like Mubarak or Ben Ali.  why is that so difficult for you to understand?  Mubarak was a pro US puppet but they still got rid of him (albeit reluctantly) because he was no longer of any use to the US, this is how it works, the west do not have permanent friends just permanent interests.

You are so dumb it's unreal. Seriously, do you sometimes find yourself laughing when you "think" up some of your horse-crap?
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 12:37pm On Mar 06, 2011
Mariory:

Never knew the fall of Ghadaffi would force so many mental midgets to depart from reality. Quite comical. Ghadaffi is blaming the revolt on Islamists fanatics and al-Qaeda. Some retards on nairaland are blaming it on the West. Some super retards on nairaland are blaming it on Western media.

You couldn't make this crap up if you tried. It's like a bad comedy.

You are so dumb it's unreal. Seriously, do you sometimes find yourself laughing when you "think" up some of your horse-crap?

There is no fool like a blind deaf and dumb fool that sleepwalks through life.

The above phrase describes you to a tee. Not only are you infinitely s.tupi.d but you completly lack any iota of self awareness, it is laughable that a certified dunce who has never uttered anything meaningful about international politics since i have been on NL would have the audacity to criticise another person's view point.

You have been stumbling blindly through life,thinking you know what you are talking about but actually sounding like someone with learning difficulties, all your life you have relied on information given to you by people who have a vested interest in bringing about your demise and yet you take their word as gospel, what a shame.

Do you realise that you are trapped in a hellish existence in which you are continually anally rap.ed by your leaders who collude with western powers to make your life a living hell, do you realise that you are about as important to them as a speck of dust on their shirts? Do you know that as far as they are concerned you are a non person, you dont exist and yet in your dumb confused mind you STILL havent been able to work out that you are being lied to.

No wonder Henry Kissinger said that population reduction must start in africa, at first i thought he was a racist megalomaniac but now i see he has a point, is there any reason why the world needs more useless eaters like Mariory on this planet?

The reason your "brain" is finding it difficult to process the information on this thread is because you have spent your whole life living like a man on a life support machine- you have been fed intravenously a diet of lies, distortions and misrepresentations and now in your confused and semi conscious state you actually think that everyone else is as mentally incapacitated as yourself.

You have been provided with just enough "education" to enable you cross a road without getting knocked over by a car , go to the toilet without soiling yourself, dress yourself unaided and eat and drink without spilling the food on yourself - fine if you live in nigeria but infinitely dangerous if you live in the western world, thank god you are trapped in nigeria and out of harms way because believe me you could not survive one day in a civilised society.

What makes your situation all the more tragic is this illusion that you have in your pea brain that you actually make sense when you open your mouth.

Let me break it to you slowly - your limited "education" and ignorance of world issues, has severly crippled and limited your understanding of the world hence your shock, suprise and incredulity about everything on this thread.

The articles that i have referred to on this thread are written by some of the most knowledgeable, erudite minds in the world - are you familiar with the works of Michael Parenti, Webster Tarpley, Noam Chomsky, Tariq Ali, Michael Engdahl or Michael Hudson?

Let me guess? No

well they are some of the world's most renowned academics, historians, political scientists and social commentators, these are people who are authorities on american foreign policy - these are people who are well aware of america's terrible track record with regard to the third world, above all these are men whose opinions are respected worldwide by scholars and fellow academics, these are the people who i go to for knowledge and information therefore why would i care what a certified dunce likes you thinks about my opinions.

So my advice to you is this, it is not compulsory for you to comment on issues that your sieve like brain can not understand therefore feel free to skip over topics that are way out of your depth and leave the complicated stuff to enlightened minds - thanks.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Mariory(m): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2011
Common you must have been smiling to yourself while writing that nonsense. I mean seriously can you really be this clueless? There is so much in that rant of yours that suggests you may actually be insane. For example,

cap28:

You have been provided with just enough "education" to enable you cross a road without getting knocked over by a car , go to the toilet without soiling yourself, dress yourself unaided and eat and drink without spilling the food on yourself - fine if  you live in nigeria but infinitely dangerous if you live in the western world, thank god you are trapped in nigeria and out of harms way because believe me you could not survive one day in a civilised society.

I mean. . .how can there not be something clinically wrong with your mind?

The man you are trying so hard to defend here with made up stories does not even agree with your own fantasies. Hes' own made up stories about fanatical Islamists are way more realistic than that produced by your handicapped mind. And yet he is the one recruiting foreigners to come kill his own people. The same people he claims to love so much. Don't let that get in the way of your movie though. *Mr secret agent man*
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 5:28pm On Mar 06, 2011
Mariory:

Common you must have been smiling to yourself while writing that nonsense. I mean seriously can you really be this clueless? There is so much in that rant of yours that suggests you may actually be insane. For example,

I mean. . .how can there not be something clinically wrong with your mind?

The man you are trying so hard to defend here with made up stories does not even agree with your own fantasies. Hes' own made up stories about fanatical Islamists are way more realistic than that produced by your handicapped mind. And yet he is the one recruiting foreigners to come kill his own people. The same people he claims to love so much. Don't let that get in the way of your movie though. *Mr secret agent man*

prove it to me with substantiated evidence that Gadaffi is according to you " recruiting foreigners to kill his own people" prove it to me - i want SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE BASED ON FACT NOT HEARSAY -

look forward to hearing from you.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Mariory(m): 6:04pm On Mar 06, 2011
Because I have seen the "unique" way in which you reason, I'm going to attempt to save myself some time. What exactly do you regard as "SUBSTANTIATED EVIDENCE BASED ON FACT NOT HEARSA"

I look foward to hearing from you.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by shotster50(m): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2011
And the struggle to defend the indefensible continues.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by MandingoII(m): 8:23pm On Mar 08, 2011
I agree with Cap 28.

His reasoning is well document/analyzed and clearly communicated within an objective framework.

Furthermore,

It is what is HIDDEN FROM YOU that is most important.

Why is iT being hidden?

&

Who stands to gain?

moreover, why is it that America and Europe SUPPORTS DICTATORS AND HATES COUNTRIES WITH (oil/resourses) (iran/venezelua)

you may want to ask yourself is it COOL for people to SUFFER under a THIEVING Dictator for Westerns interest.  If you agree that it is cool for people to suffer for your western standard of living then YOU CANNOT ARGUE on the MERIT.

Why? Because you are biased.  Moreover, you are desensitized to LIFE!

and if you are desenisizted to LIFE, FUGG yours and all those of your ILK.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 8:47pm On Mar 08, 2011
MandingoII:

I agree with Cap 28.

His reasoning is well document/analyzed and clearly communicated within an objective framework.

Furthermore,

Why is iT being hidden?

&

Who stands to gain?

moreover, why is it that America and Europe SUPPORTS DICTATORS AND HATES COUNTRIES WITH (oil/resourses) (iran/venezelua)

you may want to ask yourself is it COOL for people to SUFFER under a THIEVING Dictator for Westerns interest. If you agree that it is cool for people to suffer for your western standard of living then YOU CANNOT ARGUE on the MERIT.

Why? Because you are biased. Moreover, you are desensitized to LIFE!

thanks Mandingo, but i fear that everything you have said will go over the collective heads of mariory, shotster, kobojunkie and co, you see these people can not see further than their noses.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2011
MandingoII:

I agree with Cap 28.

Furthermore,

Why is iT being hidden?

&

Who stands to gain?

you may want to ask yourself is it COOL for people to SUFFER under a THIEVING Dictator for Westerns interest. If you agree that it is cool for people to suffer for your western standard of living then YOU CANNOT ARGUE on the MERIT.

Why? Because you are biased. Moreover, you are desensitized to LIFE!

@ mandingo

All throughout this entire thread, I really don't see what is NEW information regarding western powers and their dealings with Arab oil rich countries. Aint nothing being HIDDEN.

WHAT IS THE POINT if not to spew and regurgitate known facts and opinions that are in a billion text books world wide as an excercise to incite and steer emotional/sentimentalities.

After a couple of hours we are back to our old selves again engaging in the dictates of natures playground we call life,
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by MandingoII(m): 12:17am On Mar 10, 2011
@ mandingo

All throughout this entire thread, I really don't see what is NEW information regarding western powers and their dealings with Arab oil rich countries. Aint nothing being HIDDEN.

WHAT IS THE POINT if not to spew and regurgitate known facts and opinions that are in a billion text books world wide as an excercise to incite and steer emotional/sentimentalities.

After a couple of hours we are back to our old selves again engaging in the dictates of natures playground we call life,

STFU morpheus. lipsrsealed

There are unenlightened people in our midst. They WILL BELIEVE any and everything BEEMED at them via the MEDIA. When the Media has a VESTED interest in FOOLING the masses. undecided
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 11:05am On Mar 10, 2011
morpheus24:

@ mandingo

Sssh you are not making sense as usual.

The point of threads like this is to educate and inform numerous clueless people like yourself who pretend to know whats going on but are just as clueless as mariory, shotster and other ignoramuses who actually think a genuine revolution is taking place in the middle east.

If you think that its better for people to wallow in ignorance and be misled by a duplicitous western media that sums up your level of reasoning.

The idea that telling people the truth will according to you "incite and steer emotional sensibilities" makes it clear to me that you prefer to live in blissful ignorance rather than be an educated, enlightened and informed individual, if thats the way you want to live be my guest but do not attempt to stand in the way of other people who seek to know the truth.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
cap28:

Sssh you are not making sense as usual.

The point of threads like this is to educate and inform numerous clueless people like yourself who pretend to know whats going on but are just as clueless as mariory, shotster and other ignoramuses who actually think a genuine revolution is taking place in the middle east.

If you think that its better for people to wallow in ignorance and be misled by a duplicitous western media that sums up your level of reasoning.

The idea that telling people the truth will according to you "incite and steer emotional sensibilities" makes it clear to me that you prefer to live in blissful ignorance rather than be an educated, enlightened and informed individual, if thats the way you want to live be my guest but do not attempt to stand in the way of other people who seek to know the truth.

If you call regurgitation of propaganda to semi literates who have brains that are able to deduce without your help "education of clueless massess to the truth" I think you should start from primary one and learn the tenants of a well rounded learning exercise.

A learning process requires rigourous COGNITIVE CRITICAL THINKING and analysis of causes, effects, root causes, constructive criticism and solutions to issues with an ability to present and understand all the facts that are relevant to the issue. What you are offering to your "ignorant" masses  are skewed biased versions of what you want them to think they should know.

You  are simply an individual stuck in  the revolutionary "time warp" of colonial mentality and anti imperalist propagandaism. Your reasoning and methods is past its time. You would do better to beam yourself back to  the 60's when people were less informed about these "secret CIA" covert operations and underground government conspiracies you like to allude to.

Stop the MESSIAH/ Town crier mentality. THE US and CIA position is not so "covert" anymore. We know where they stand and what their usual tactics are or at least can deduce this from numerous sources of information.

WHAT"S YOUR POINT?
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
MandingoII:

STFU morpheus. lipsrsealed

There are unenlightened people in our midst. They WILL BELIEVE any and everything BEEMED at them via the MEDIA. When the Media has a VESTED interest in FOOLING the masses. undecided

@Mandingo

From the movie words of "Elijah Mohammed"(paraphrasing). "If you give the people a glass of water spilt with ink and present it to them as the "truth". If left with no alternatives they will drink it. If you however present to them a clean glass of water they will recognise the difference and will eventually conform to the purity of the water.

Marinate on the above in reference to all the BS being spewed on this thread in the name of "TRUTH" and try to put it in perspective. A little critical thinking might help your brain you know.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by 21052011: 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2011
sorry to derail this thread but did any of you ever hear of this?
pls trrrrrrry and read till the end

virtually unknown in the West: Libya's water resources
We still wonder how on earth did Gaddafi manage to stay in power for forty years? Did no one notice his madness until now?

Did no one notice that he built a HUGE FRESH WATER PIPELINE to the Benghazi region, that lunatic?

Were they waiting for him to finish?

The 1st of September marks the anniversary of the opening of the major stage of Libya's Great Man-Made River Project. This incredibly huge and successful water scheme is virtually unknown in the West, yet it rivals and even surpasses all our greatest development projects. The leader of the so-called advanced countries, the United States of America cannot bring itself to acknowledge Libya's Great Man-Made River. The West refuses to recognize that a small country, with a population no more than four million, can construct anything so large without borrowing a single cent from the international banks.

, In the 1960s during oil exploration deep in the southern Libyan desert, vast reservoirs of high quality water were discovered in the form of aquifers. ,

, In Libya there are four major underground basins, these being the Kufra basin, the Sirt basin, the Morzuk basin and the Hamada basin, the first three of which contain combined reserves of 35,000 cubic kilometres of water. These vast reserves offer almost unlimited amounts of water for the Libyan people.

The people of Libya under the guidance of their leader, Colonel Muammar Al Qadhafi, initiated a series of scientific studies on the possibility of accessing this vast ocean of fresh water. Early consideration was given to developing new agricultural projects close to the sources of the water, in the desert. However, it was realized that on the scale required to provide products for self sufficiency, a very large infrastructure organization would be required. In addition to this, a major redistribution of the population from the coastal belt would be necessary. The alternative was to 'bring the water to the people'.

In October 1983, the Great Man-made River Authority was created and invested with the responsibility of taking water from the aquifers in the south, and conveying it by the most economical and practical means for use, predominantly for irrigation, in the Libyan coastal belt.

By 1996 the Great Man-Made River Project had reached one of its final stages, the gushing forth of sweet unpolluted water to the homes and gardens of the citizens of Libya's capital Tripoli. Louis Farrakhan, who took part in the opening ceremony of this important stage of the project, described the Great Man-Made River as "another miracle in the desert." Speaking at the inauguration ceremony to an audience that included Libyans and many foreign guests, Col. Qadhafi said the project "was the biggest answer to America, who accuse us of being concerned with terrorism."

The Great Man-Made River, as the largest water transport project ever undertaken, has been described as the "eighth wonder of the world". It carries more than five million cubic metres of water per day across the desert to coastal areas, vastly increasing the amount of arable land. The total cost of the huge project is expected to exceed $25 billion (US).

Consisting of a network of pipes buried underground to eliminate evaporation, four meters in diameter, the project extends for four thousand kilometres far deep into the desert. All material is locally engineered and manufactured. Underground water is pumped from 270 wells hundreds of meters deep into reservoirs that feed the network. The cost of one cubic meter of water equals 35 cents. The cubic meter of desalinized water is $3.75. Scientists estimate the amount of water to be equivalent to the flow of 200 years of water in the Nile River.

The goal of the Libyan Arab people, embodied in the Great Man-Made River project, is to make Libya a source of agricultural abundance, capable of producing adequate food and water to supply its own needs and to share with neighboring countries. In short, the River is literally Libya's 'meal ticket' to self-sufficiency.

Self-sufficiency?!? Absolutely Not Allowed. Banksters don't like that sort of thing one bit.

This project has been in the works for many years. Have you ever heard of it? We had not until today.

Underground "Fossil Water" Running Out, National Geographic, May 2010

^^^^^^^

Libya turns on the Great Man-Made River, by Marcia Merry, Printed in the Executive Intelligence Review, September 1991

A gala ceremony was held in Libya at the end of August, at which Libyan leaders ``turned on the tap'' of the Great Man-Made River, the water pipeline/viaduct project designed to bring millions of liters of water from beneath the Sahara Desert, northward to the Benghazi region on the Mediterranean coast. The inauguration marked the end of Phase I of the project, which is slated for completion in 1996.
Under the giant scheme, water is pumped from aquifers under the Sahara in the southern part of the country, where underground water resources extend into Egypt and Sudan. Then the water is transported by reinforced concrete pipeline to northern destinations. Construction on the first phase started in 1984, and cost about $5 billion. The completed project may total $25 billion. South Korean construction experts built the huge pipes in Libya by some of the most modern techniques. The engineering feat involves collecting water from 270 wells in east central Libya, and transporting it through about 2,000 kilometers of pipeline to Benghazi and Sirte. The new ``river'' brings 2 million cubic meters of water a day. At completion, the system will involve 4,000 kilometers of pipepines, and two aqueducts of some 1,000 kilometers. Joining in celebrating the inauguration of the artificial river were dozens of Arab and African heads of state and hundreds of other foreign diplomats and delegations. Among them were Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, King Hassan of Morocco, the head of Sudan, Gen. Omar El Beshir, and Djibouti's President Hassan Julied.
Col. Muammar Qaddafi told the celebrants: ``After this achievement, American threats against Libya will double, The United States will make excuses, [but] the real reason is to stop this achievement, to keep the people of Libya oppressed.'' Qaddafi presented the project to the cheering crowd as a gift to the Third World.
Mubarak spoke at the ceremony and stressed the regional importance of the project. Qaddafi has called on Egyptian farmers to come and work in Libya, where there are only 4 million inhabitants. Egypt's population of 55 million is crowded in narrow bands along the Nile River and delta region. Over the last 20 years, the water improvement projects envisioned for Egypt, which could provide more water and more hectares of agricultural and residential land, have been repeatedly sabotaged by the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, and the Anglo-American financial interests behind them.
In the 1970s, Qaddafi expelled many Egyptian families from Libya, but over the recent months the two countries have become close once again. There are plans to build a railway line to facilitate travel back and forth. There is also a standing commission between Sudan and Libya for integrating economic activity.

Over 95% of Libya is desert, and the new water sources can open up thousands of hectares of irrigated farmland. At present over 80% of the country's agriculture production comes from the coastal regions, where local aquifers have been overpumped, and salt water intrusion is taking place. The Great Man-Made River will relieve this. The water now flowing will immediately supplement supplies for domestic and industrial needs in Benghazi and Sirte. But Libyan officials plan for 80% of the overall project's flow to eventually be used for irrigating old farms, and reclaiming some desert lands. Since 20% of Libya's imports are foodstuffs, expanded water supplies are a means to greater self-sufficiency. The Great Man-Made River project and its objectives fly in the face of the water-control schemes sanctioned by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. These institutions have blocked work on other ``great projects'' such as the Jonglei Canal--the huge ditch that was designed as a straight channel on the upper White Nile in southern Sudan. The Jonglei Canal, which stands half-finished and abandoned at present, would have drained swamplands, aided agriculture, transportation, power resources, and health, and provided expanded flow to the Nile River all the way down to Egypt. The World Bank and the U.S. State Department are backing a ``Middle East Water Summit'' in Turkey this November, which is intended to promote only politically favored projects such as desalination plants in Saudi Arabia, and water shortages elsewhere.
London and Washington circles were apoplectic about the opening of the new Libyan water project. The London Financial Times ran criticisms of the project from Angus Henley of the London-based Middle East Economic Digest. The pipeline, he said, was ``Qaddafi's pet project. He wants to be seen as something other than the scourge of the West.'' The Financial Times called the project Qaddafi's ``pipedream,'' stating that critics may be awed by the engineering involved, ``But they regard the dream as a monument to vanity that makes little economic sense in a country where the U.N. Development Program says 94.6% of territory is desert wasteland.''
If it is vanity that motivated the project, at least the vanity of Libya's head of state is being channeled in a productive direction in this case--which is more than can be said of the leaders of Britain and the United States.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2011
morpheus24:

If you call regurgitation of propaganda to semi literates who have brains that are able to deduce without your help "education of clueless massess to the truth" I think you should start from primary one and learn the tenants of a well rounded learning exercise.

A learning process requires rigourous COGNITIVE CRITICAL THINKING and analysis of causes, effects, root causes, constructive criticism and solutions to issues with an ability to present and understand all the facts that are relevant to the issue. What you are offering to your "ignorant" masses  are skewed biased versions of what you want them to think they should know.

You  are simply an individual stuck in  the revolutionary "time warp" of colonial mentality and anti imperalist propagandaism. Your reasoning and methods is past its time. You would do better to beam yourself back to  the 60's when people were less informed about these "secret CIA" covert operations and underground government conspiracies you like to allude to.

Stop the MESSIAH/ Town crier mentality. THE US and CIA position is not so "covert" anymore. We know where they stand and what their usual tactics are or at least can deduce this from numerous sources of information.

WHAT"S YOUR POINT?

Your rantings confirm my worst suspicions about you - you are one of those pseudo wanna be intellectuals who mask their vast ignorance with meaningless buzzwords and empty rhetorical statements, pal i have told you before you are fooling no one but yourself.

Answer this if you can:

if the lies and deception of the western media are now out in the open and common knowledge to all and sundry - why the attempt to portray the uprisings in the middle east as a genuine revolution?

why has the US govt funnelled millions of dollars in american tax payer funds into NGO's like  freedom house, alliance of youth movement and national endowment for democracy which aided and abetted these "colour revolutions".

why the unbeleivable speed on the part of the US/UK govt to intervene in Libya on supposed humanitarian grounds when they failed to do the same thing in the case of rwanda where 1 million tutsis were barbarically massacred in a space of just one month by hutu militias?

why the demonisation of some dictators (Gadaffi) and the complete silence or ambivalence  with regard to others (the Saudi royal family, Mubarak of egypt, Ben Ali of Tunisia and the king of bahrain?)

DEMONSTRATE TO ME THAT THE WEST'S MOTIVES ARE NOW OUT IN THE OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE.

DEMONSTRATE TO ME THAT THE CIA NO LONGER OPERATES COVERTLY.

DEMONSTRATE TO ME IN PLAIN ENGLISH (not meaningless incomprehensible rhetorical statements) that "it is now common knowledge to all and sundry as to where the UK/US stand in relation to the ongoing crisis in the middle east.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 5:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
cap28:

Your rantings confirm my worst suspicions about you - you are one of those pseudo wanna be intellectuals who mask their vast ignorance with meaningless buzzwords and empty rhetorical statements, pal i have told you before you are fooling no one but yourself.

Right right! a response attempt to legitimize your premise which is flawed at best. Your premise proposes that the West have hidden agendas regarding their interests in the middle east with particular emphasis on controlling economic activities within these countries that benefit them. Whats new about that? What  new strategies are you presenting that have not been used already and continue to be used only in different formats. You supporters call this enlightenment. I call it Hollow and a waste of time. If your mission is to INFORM, that is all well and good. If it is to INCITE and win compadres over to your thought process without a throough examination of

cap28:

if the lies and deception of the western media are now out in the open and common knowledge to all and sundry - why the attempt to portray the uprisings in the middle east as a genuine revolution?
Because it furthers their agenda of penetrating and destabilizing the region as a means of effecting change they wish to see in those regions that would further their grip on economic control of resources they deem necessary to their survival and continued power status.( is that hard to deduce even by a comon uneducated man?)

cap28:

why has the US govt funnelled millions of dollars in american tax payer funds into NGO's like  freedom house, alliance of youth movement and national endowment for democracy which aided and abetted these "colour revolutions".
Because oppositions(which exist by the way within countries) are willing participants in these unholy alliances as a necessary evil to gaining ground in the furtherance of their fight for power rights within their nations. You fail to mention nor analyze this relevant factor( is this harder to deduce?)

cap28:

why the unbeleivable speed on the part of the US/UK govt to intervene in Libya on supposed humanitarian grounds when they failed to do the same thing in the case of rwanda where 1 million tutsis were barbarically massacred in a space of just one month by hutu militias?
Because Rwanda had nothing of economic interest to the US that would warrant a speedy intervention in saving the lifes of black Africans who PLEASE NOTE started the war by their own making in the same pursuit of power. ( Much hardest to deduce I am guessing)

cap28:

Why the demonisation of some dictators (Gadaffi) and the complete silence or ambivalence  with regard to others (the Saudi royal family, Mubarak of egypt, Ben Ali of Tunisia and the king of bahrain?)

National interest dictates primary targets who are not allies of a nation. Saudi Arabia is an ally of the US as the US provides indirect protection to the mornachy from external regional aggression despite the Kingdoms atrocities. Whats new about that. ?

This holier than though attitude you take in terms of governments and societies is what is baffling to me. I suggest running a country of your own and see how you would fair. I bet the world would be a utopia to you where we all shake hands and greet "Salam' to each other while we wipe each others azzes. You like to sit on the side lines and B.I.T.C.H. don't ya. What organization are you a member of? What issues to you address and on what platforms apart from opinionated forums.?

If your accusations are that the US is not "fair and just" in its exercise of promoting fundamental human and democratic rights it so aspouses then thats a legitimate grievance if thats the case say so. However to continue to misguide people into perceptions that paint the US as some IMPERIALIST machine that covertly tramples on the free choice of soverign nations to choose their destiny is FOOLISH and uneducated thinking for one who appoints themselves as truth tellers.

There are several larger factors that contirbute to the overall problem each of these countries face and even if you remove the "intervention" of the US in terms of its national interests these countries problems still remain unsolvable and before you know it they are calling BIGBROTHER to come help them out in the name of HUMANITY.

cap28:

DEMONSTRATE TO ME THAT THE WEST'S MOTIVES ARE NOW OUT IN THE OPEN FOR ALL TO SEE.

Google a subject matter on the internet or visit a bookstore to get as much info as needed. You didn't conjure up all you have written from your head did ya? don't know how much more open that is.

cap28:

DEMONSTRATE TO ME THAT THE CIA NO LONGER OPERATES COVERTLY.

Never insinuated they do only that their methodologies are no longer so 'covert". The issue is we know they do and are no loinger oblivious of this fact. Most of us simply choose not wanting to get the extra dirty details that people like you flaunt as "new" information. We understand the end product

cap28:

DEMONSTRATE TO ME IN PLAIN ENGLISH (not meaningless incomprehensible rhetorical statements) that "it is now common knowledge to all and sundry as to where the UK/US stand in relation to the ongoing crisis in the middle east.

English is what I have been using since, unless you mean in Layman's words. Rhetoricals shouldn't intimidate you you are a learned man or so you appear to be therefore my ENGLISH should not be an issue for you to comprehend, Should it?

The UK/US stands have always been in relation to their nationa economic,, security and political interests regarding the middle east interms of keeping the growing threat of Islamic fundamentalism. The tactics and covert means they use to accomplish this are encompassed within these interests as stated.

Again what are you saying that is new information and WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

[quote][/quote]
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 5:51pm On Mar 10, 2011
21-05-2011:

Col. Muammar Qaddafi told the celebrants: ``After this achievement, American threats against Libya will double, The United States will make excuses, [but] the real reason is to stop this achievement, to keep the people of Libya oppressed.'' Qaddafi presented the project to the cheering crowd as a gift to the Third World.

Over the last 20 years, the water improvement projects envisioned for Egypt, which could provide more water and more hectares of agricultural and residential land, have been repeatedly sabotaged by the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, and the Anglo-American financial interests behind them.

Over 95% of Libya is desert, and the new water sources can open up thousands of hectares of irrigated farmland. At present over 80% of the country's agriculture production comes from the coastal regions, where local aquifers have been overpumped, and salt water intrusion is taking place.

The Great Man-Made River will relieve this. The water now flowing will immediately supplement supplies for domestic and industrial needs in Benghazi and Sirte. But Libyan officials plan for 80% of the overall project's flow to eventually be used for irrigating old farms, and reclaiming some desert lands.

[b]Since 20% of Libya's imports are foodstuffs, expanded water supplies are a means to greater self-sufficiency. The Great Man-Made River project and its objectives fly in the face of the water-control schemes sanctioned by the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund. These institutions have blocked work on other ``great projects'' such as the Jonglei Canal--the huge ditch that was designed as a straight channel on the upper White Nile in southern Sudan. The Jonglei Canal, which stands half-finished and abandoned at present, would have drained swamplands, aided agriculture, transportation, power resources, and health, and provided expanded flow to the Nile River all the way down to Egypt. The World Bank and the U.S. State Department are backing a ``Middle East Water Summit'' in Turkey this November, which is intended to promote only politically favored projects such as desalination plants in Saudi Arabia, and water shortages elsewhere.

London and Washington circles were apoplectic about the opening of the new Libyan water project. The London Financial Times ran criticisms of the project from Angus Henley of the London-based Middle East Economic Digest. The pipeline, he said, was ``Qaddafi's pet project. He wants to be seen as something other than the scourge of the West.'' The Financial Times called the project Qaddafi's ``pipedream,'' stating that critics may be awed by the engineering involved, [/b]``

thanks for posting this, this excerpt further highlights the reason Gadaffi has been singled out as public enemy no 1 by the west

Unlike the agents of western imperialism who run nigeria, Gadaffi is actually using the monies he generates from oil revenues to build useful infrastucture projects within Libya which actually benefit the people of Libya.

I wonder if brainwashed dimwits like morpheus who claim that any criticism of the west is merely "anti imperialist   propaganda"  will be able to work out now that the west is not actually his friend.  I wonder if a light will go on in his brain and enable him to understand that these people who he pathetically looks up to look at him with nothing but contempt and seek his downfall at every turn?

Something tells me that the answer is no.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 6:19pm On Mar 10, 2011
cap28:

thanks for posting this, this excerpt further highlights the reason Gadaffi has been singled out as public enemy no 1 by the west

Unlike the agents of western imperialism who run nigeria, Gadaffi is actually using the monies he generates from oil revenues to build useful infrastucture projects within Libya which actually benefit the people of Libya.

I wonder if brainwashed dimwits like morpheus who claim that any criticism of the west is merely "anti imperialist   propaganda"  will be able to work out now that the west is not actually his friend.  I wonder if a light will go on in his brain and enable him to understand that these people who he pathetically looks up to look at him with nothing but contempt and seek his downfall at every turn?

Something tells me that the answer is no.

People who use buzz words like agents, imperialist and the likes are so called antagonistic "revolutionist thinkers" who are able to revel up sentimentality and steer up mobs in their self endowed missions of changing the world for the better.

The sad story behind to all  this is that they believe they are rendereing a unique service to their fellowman kind and cast opposing view points or criticisms as agents or slaves to the systems in operation without realizing that they are simply a part of the same EVOLVING flux of SYSTEMS that demands balance and shifts in power structures that will continue to be unevenly distributed till the end of time as a natural state of human kind.

Cap28. WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

TO INFORM OR TO INCITE!!
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 7:51pm On Mar 10, 2011
morpheus24:

Right right! a response attempt to legitimize your premise which is flawed at best. Your premise proposes that the West have hidden agendas regarding their interests in the middle east with particular emphasis on controlling economic activities within these countries that benefit them. Whats new about that? What  new strategies are you presenting that have not been used already and continue to be used only in different formats. You supporters call this enlightenment. I call it Hollow and a waste of time. If your mission is to INFORM, that is all well and good. If it is to INCITE and win compadres over to your thought process without a throough examination of

first of all you called my comments "anti imperialist propaganda" which were according to you  "skewed and biased" and you claimed that all the facts id come up with were flawed but then you went on to contradict this statement by  AGREEING that the US are in the middle east to further their agenda of penetrating and destabilising the region??  Do you suffer from schizophrenia?  

Because it furthers their agenda of penetrating and destabilizing the region as a means of effecting change they wish to see in those regions that would further their grip on economic control of resources they deem necessary to their survival and continued power status.( is that hard to deduce even by a comon uneducated man?)

why hide under the cloak of a fake revolution? why not topple  leaders you dont like using the old method of coup detats as was the case with mossadek of iran in 1953 and numerous other coup detats in the region?

surely the only time you use a fake revolution is when you are actually hiding your true intentions ie acting covertly?

Because oppositions(which exist by the way within countries) are willing participants in these unholy alliances as a necessary evil to gaining ground in the furtherance of their fight for power rights within their nations. You fail to mention nor analyze this relevant factor( is this harder to deduce?)

Right so i take it that you think it is perfectly fine for the US to spend millions of dollars of US tax payers money to form "unholy alliances" with opposition groups in foreign countries?
again,  despite claiming that my ealrier comments were skewed, biased anti imperialist propaganda  you are agreeing that the US govt is acting with an ulterior motive.  

Because Rwanda had nothing of economic interest to the US that would warrant a speedy intervention in saving the lifes of black Africans who PLEASE NOTE started the war by their own making in the same pursuit of power. ( Much hardest to deduce I am guessing)

So let me get this right - its okay for the US to do absolutely nothing when black africans are being killed in millions if the US have no economic interests to protect but absolutely fine to intervene with the speed of light where their economic interests are threatened.  wow you sound like you have a lot of love and respect for your fellow africans!!!

National interest dictates primary targets who are not allies of a nation. Saudi Arabia is an ally of the US as the US provides indirect protection to the mornachy from external regional aggression despite the Kingdoms atrocities. Whats new about that. ?

I am well aware that Saudi Arabia is the US's ally but my point is if the US are hypocritically claiming that they are going in to Libya on humanitarian grounds in order to remove a dictator who oppresses his own people, then they need to apply that standard across the board to all dictatorships whether they have economic interests in those countries or not, its either the US openly agrees that they prop up and support brutal dictatorships or they make a distinction and state that they only support dictatorships in which they have economic interests and which completely kow tow to their economic policies like saudi arabia.

This holier than though attitude you take in terms of governments and societies is what is baffling to me. I suggest running a country of your own and see how you would fair. I bet the world would be a utopia to you where we all shake hands and greet "Salam' to each other while we wipe each others azzes. You like to sit on the side lines and B.I.T.C.H. don't ya. What organization are you a member of? What issues to you address and on what platforms apart from opinionated forums.?

What baffles you is the fact that i am not an amoral ar.se hole like you who bows and scrapes before the white man like a bi.tch.  Your lack of self pride and dignity has reduced you to a level where you think its normal for an imperialist racist nation like the US to invade a soveriegn state under the false pretext of humanitarianism.  It is because of immoral arse.holes like you who dont give a damn about their own people that africa is in the shi.t state that its in.  Ive got news for you whitey will still treat you like a mon.key and only give you the jobs he doesnt want no matter how far you force your tongue up his ar.se.

If your accusations are that the US is not "fair and just" in its exercise of promoting fundamental human and democratic rights it so aspouses then thats a legitimate grievance if thats the case say so. However to continue to misguide people into perceptions that paint the US as some IMPERIALIST machine that covertly tramples on the free choice of soverign nations to choose their destiny is FOOLISH and uneducated thinking for one who appoints themselves as truth tellers.

Be quiet - it is obvious to everyone except you that the US's foreign policy stinks to high heavens, you are fortunate that african americans fought to allow the likes of you the right to eat in the same restaurant as a white person or you woudlnt even have the mouth to come on here regurgitating this nonsense.

Are  you so dumb as to say that im misguiding people?  
I know you have never picked up a history book in your life because if you had this statement would never have come out of  your hole:

"However to continue to misguide people into perceptions that paint the US as some IMPERIALIST machine that covertly tramples on the free choice of soverign nations to choose their destiny is FOOLISH and uneducated thinking for one who appoints themselves as truth tellers".

what a dumbass you are, america IS an imperialist machine dummy, why do you think its got over 700 military bases in more than 150 countries? when are you going to wake the f.ck up

Who do you think invaded vietnam, haiti, grenada, guatemala, venezuela, iraq
Who do you think sold arms and surveillance equipment to the racist regime of south africa to continue the oppression of blacks in that country?

There are several larger factors that contirbute to the overall problem each of these countries face and even if you remove the "intervention" of the US in terms of its national interests these countries problems still remain unsolvable and before you know it they are calling BIGBROTHER to come help them out in the name of HUMANITY.

Really so how come countries like haiti were destroyed by america the minute they emancipated themselves from slavery? Why did the US invade the country moret than 5 times and impose a brutal dictator on the haitian people (papa doc)?  why did the US and europe impose a 60 year trade embargoe on haiti causing its economy to collapse?  

Why did the US REMOVE democratically elected Haitian president Arisitide and DEPORT him to the democratic republic of congo because they didnt like his minimum wage and land reform programmes?

YOu think everyone is as dumb as you are dont you?

Do yourself a favour go and pick up a history book, because your ignorance is so glaring.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
cap28:

first of all you called my comments "anti imperialist propaganda" which were according to you  "skewed and biased" and you claimed that all the facts id come up with were flawed but then you went on to contradict this statement by  AGREEING that the US are in the middle east to further their agenda of penetrating and destabilising the region??  Do you suffer from schizophrenia? 
First you wouldn't know what a schizophrenic looked like if you were standing right next to one so don't use terms you are not familiar with.

Second they are "skewed and biased" because you present one particular view point in relation to the issue without exploring other complex factors that go into such western stances.

cap28:

why hide under the cloak of a fake revolution? why not topple  leaders you dont like using the old method of coup detats as was the case with mossadek of iran in 1953 and numerous other coup detats in the region?

surely the only time you use a fake revolution is when you are actually hiding your true intentions ie acting covertly?

Cause they are not as dumb as you are. they've had over200 years of practice

cap28:

Right so i take it that you think it is perfectly fine for the US to spend millions of dollars of US tax payers money to form "unholy alliances" with opposition groups in foreign countries?

If it serves the intended purpose. the answer is yes. What's strange to you about that? Oh yeah its the holier than tough utopia mentality.

cap28:

So let me get this right - its okay for the US to do absolutely nothing when black africans are being killed in millions if the US have no economic interests to protect but absolutely fine to intervene with the speed of light where their economic interests are threatened.  wow you sound like you have a lot of love and respect for your fellow africans!!!
The US did not start the genocide in Rwanda. The ignorance of the populous did. Are they morally obligated to intervene?  Those questions can be framed and discussed around what a people deem to be moraly just, ethical and responsible as determined by numerous factors and historical contexts that influence and shape these moral principles they choose to adopt. ? It might help you to take a philosophy class that deals with the ideas of Morality,virtures, western origins of utililatrism, egosim and the likes.

cap28:

I am well aware that Saudi Arabia is the US's ally but my point is if the US are hypocritically claiming that they are going in to Libya on humanitarian grounds in order to remove a dictator who oppresses his own people, then they need to apply that standard across the board to all dictatorships whether they have economic interests in those countries or not, its either the US openly agrees that they prop up and support brutal dictatorships or they make a distinction and state that they only support dictatorships in which they have economic interests and which completely kow tow to their economic policies like saudi arabia.
Holding the US to ethical standards is easier for you as a sideliner. In practicality you would stand puzzled if given the power and responsibility to make those decisions without facing subsequent adverse effects.

cap28:

What baffles you is the fact that i am not an amoral ar.se hole like you who bows and scrapes before the white man like a bi.tch.  Your lack of self pride and dignity has reduced you to a level where you think its normal for an imperialist racist nation like the US to invade a soveriegn state under the false pretext of humanitarianism.  It is because of immoral arse.holes like you who dont give a damn about their own people that africa is in the shi.t state that its in.  Ive got news for you whitey will still treat you like a mon.key and only give you the jobs he doesnt want no matter how far you force your tongue up his ar.se.

I am glad I am past these trivial racial references and childish rantings of Whitey vs blacky. They are so immature and again are sentimentality steering. They usually hold no water at the end.  You obviously want me to jump up and down and scream mother Africa and death to the non Africans as air headed dummys like you do as a consequence of your mispalced youthful anger and vigour. A more matured mind is practical and sensible in their analysis of situations involving interference and interpretation of soverign rights.

If the whiteman never stepped his foot in Africa for the next 20 years. it would not make a friggin difference what the people would do to themselves.  I could bet you a million bucks on that? Why because they haven't addressed the fundamental questions plagueing each of their societies in terms of how best to lay foundations of governance in terms of fiduciary resonsibilites to the people, settling grievances interms of power structures and establishing evolutionary progressive thinking.  The white man is not the sole owner of open minded thinking and education.

It is elementary to blame Whitey, don't you think? 

cap28:

Be quiet - it is obvious to everyone except you that the US's foreign policy stinks to high heavens, you are fortunate that african americans fought to allow the likes of you the right to eat in the same restaurant as a white person or you woudlnt even have the mouth to come on here regurgitating this nonsense.
I know you have never picked up a history book in your life because if you had this statement would never have come out of  your hole:

I dabble in many subject matters my dear fellow, history being one of them. You on the other hand cannot seem to seperate your anxieties and misguided emotional tendencies from practicall matters other than accusations of amoral attitude. You really do need that philosophy class to put your HISTORY reading in perspective.

In terms of the civil rights movement. An admirable achievement by the AA's but inconsequential to me as it would never make a difference to me if i never ate in a restuarant right next to White people. I would be fine sitting on a mat in a hut enjoying a meal with livestock round me if that were my reality.

cap28:

what a dumbass you are, america IS an imperialist machine dummy, why do you think its got over 700 military bases in more than 150 countries? when are you going to wake the f.ck up

Right right as so was Greece, Rome, Arabia, England. The point is?

cap28:

Who do you think invaded vietnam, haiti, grenada, guatemala, venezuela, iraq
Who do you think sold arms and surveillance equipment to the racist regime of south africa to continue the oppression of blacks in that country?

Yawn History lesson 101. Oh yeah we silly and cap28 is enlightening us. Please continue without a point!!
cap28:

Really so how come countries like haiti were destroyed by america the minute they emancipated themselves from slavery? Why did the US invade the country moret than 5 times and impose a brutal dictator on the haitian people (papa doc)?  why did the US and europe impose a 60 year trade embargoe on haiti causing its economy to collapse? 
Why do you think? cause they hate black people cause we are inferior monkeys. Really Cap28, in this day and age you are still simplifying these issues

cap28:

Why did the US REMOVE democratically elected Haitian president Arisitide and DEPORT him to the democratic republic of congo because they didnt like his minimum wage and land reform programmes?
UHHHH, is it cause they are IMPERIALIST?

You should become a history teacher, get paid to REGURGITATE what is already out there in multipy books and study materials. Maybe you can dazzle and win over some simple minded impreshionable 18-25 year old masses like you do on this forum who simply nod their heads in zombie like agreement in awe of your "magnificent" mastery of dates and events without criticism

GROW UP!!

EVOLUTION LEAPS US FORWARD REVOLUTION BRINGS US BACK

[quote][/quote]
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 10:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
morpheus24:

First you wouldn't know what a schizophrenic looked like if you were standing right next to one so don't use terms you are not familiar with.

Second they are "skewed and biased" because you present one particular view point in relation to the issue without exploring other complex factors that go into such western stances.

If you are not a schizophrenic why expend so much energy disagreeing with me, only to later agree with the very points that you had earlier described as "skewed and biased" ?

Cause they are not as dumb as you are. they've had over200 years of practice

hahaha - why do you keep on contradicting yourself - on the one hand you say everything i have said about the US is skewed anti imperialist propaganda -now once again you confirm what i said earlier about them acting covertly and actually agree with me concluding that "they have had over 200 years of practice".  hahahaha you're funny you know.

f it serves the intended purpose. the answer is yes. What's strange to you about that? Oh yeah its the holier than tough utopia mentality.
Those questions can be framed and discussed around what a people deem to be moraly just, ethical and responsible as determined by numerous factors and historical contexts tha influence and shape these moral principles they choose to adopt. Too complex? it might help to take a philosophy class that deals with the ideas of Morality,  western origins of utililatrism, egosim and the likes.

Oh and here i was thinking that human beings all over the world  operate a  code of conduct which is universal to all peoples irrespective of race or culture, for example all peoples of every culture and racial background regard murder, theft, and r.a.pe as immoral.

now if i am to go by your warped way of reasoning the above acts may be deemed immoral to some people but moral to others "if they serve the intended purpose", so i take it you woudl have no qualms about letting your wife or daughter embark on a career in por.nogra.phy provided it served the intended purpose of making money?
pray tell are you a sociopath by any chance?

Holding the US to ethical standards is easier for you as a sideliner. In practicality you would stand puzzled if given the power and responsibility to make those decisions without facing subsequent adverse effects.

Not at all i would weigh the pros and the cons and if my decision would lead to the unecessary loss of human lives i woudl definitely not go ahead with that particual decision.
The US have been involved in numerous situations in which the loss of lives could very well have been avoided but they chose instead to disregard human lives for financial gain.

I am glad I am past these trivial racial references and childish rantings of Whitey vs blacky. They are so immature and again are sentimentality steering. They usually hold no water at the end.  You obviously want me to jump up and down and scream mother Africa and death to the non Africans as air headed dummys like you do as a consequence of your mispalced youthful anger and vigour. A more matured mind is practical and sensible in their analysis of situations involving interference and interpretation of soverign rights.

But you are still an oppressed black african man who will never be accorded the same respect or opportunities as your white counterparts, you can pretend not to be african all you want but the minute you step out of your bubble into the white man's world you are kicked back into touch with reality.

If the whiteman never stepped his foot in Africa for the next 20 years. it would not make a friggin difference what the people would do to themselves.  I could bet you a million bucks on that? Why because they haven't addressed the fundamental questions plagueing each of their societies in terms of how best to lay foundations of governance in terms of fiduciary resonsibilites to the people, settling grievances interms of power structures and establishing evolutionary progressive thinking.  The white man is not the sole owner of open minded thinking and education.

Why do you refer to africans as "they" you are african yourself, why are you ashamed of who you are, whitey laughs in your face when you try to mimic him and distance yourself from your own people, he laughs at your tragic self hatred, he will never accept you.

It is elementary to blame Whitey, don't you think?

It is tragic to hate your african self don't you think?

I dabble in many subject matters my dear fellow, history being one of them. You on the other hand cannot seem to seperate your anxieties and misguided emotional tendencies from practicall matters other than accusations of amoral attitude. You really do need that philosophy class to put your HISTORY reading in perspective.

"Dabble" being the operative word, jack of all trades but master of none, if you had an indepth knowledge of history i wouldnt need to be having this conversation with you.

In terms of the civil rights movement. An admirable achievement by the AA's but inconsequential to me as it would never make a difference to me if i never ate in a restuarant right next to White people. I would be fine sitting on a mat in a hut enjoying a meal with livestock round me if that were my reality.

But im sure it would make a huge difference to you if youd had to endure the humiliation of being told to stand up for a white person on a bus or banned from going into a white neigbourhood or white school.

Right right as so was Greece, Rome, Arabia, England. The point is?

The point is your dumb a.s.s didnt know that america is an imperialist nation.

Yawn History lesson 101. Oh yeah we silly and cap28 is enlightening us. Please continue without a point!! Why do you think? cause they hate black people cause we are inferior monkeys. Really Cap28, in this day and age you are still simplifying these issues

History 101 which your dumb a.s.s knew nothing about, learn to be grateful when your betters provide you with free tuitition.

UHHHH, is it cause they are IMPERIALIST?

You should become a history teacher, get paid to REGURGITATE what is already out there in multipy books and study materials. Maybe you can win over some simple minded 18-25 year olds like you do on this forum who simply nod their heads in agreement with you.

GROW UP!!

Dummy do  you see how stu.pid  you are, you never knew any of this did you, you never knew that america had such an appalling track record  in terms of its foreign policy thats why you stupidly concluded that america isnt an imperialist nation and has never invaded and destroyed the political and economic soveriegny of foreign nations, now that i give you one example of country which was destroyed by america, instead of showing gratitude for the knowledge i have imparted into your pea brain you PRETEND as if you knew it before.

You are a sad sad man - a typical example of a backward, ignorant nigerian full of delusions of grandeur and empty self importance, i wish i could tell you to grow a brain but its obviously too late for that, dont procreate because the less we have of your ilk on this planet the better for the world.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 11:47pm On Mar 10, 2011
cap28:

If you are not a schizophrenic why expend so much energy disagreeing with me, only to later agree with the very points that you had earlier described as "skewed and biased" ?

Look up the definition of schizophrenia and rephrase your response. Again they are skewed because they are presented within a biased context to your intended audience. Go back to school

example of a biased statement
"The US is an Imperialist nation that reeks havoc on smaller nations trampling on their soverign rights and spreading their pseudo principles of democracy"

example of an unbiased statment
"US foreign policy issues in relation to its effects on soverign rights of Arab nation states and consequences there of in terms of destabilization and  spread of democratic principles"

cap28:

hahaha - why do you keep on contradicting yourself - on the one hand you say everything i have said about the US is skewed anti imperialist propaganda -now once again you confirm what i said earlier about them acting covertly and actually agree with me concluding that "they have had over 200 years of practice".  hahahaha you're funny you know.

Thats not a "contradiction" its a "clarification" of earlier statments I have made which state that you are arguing the obvious.

cap28:

Oh and here i was thinking that human beings all over the world  operate a  code of conduct which is universal to all peoples irrespective of race or culture, for example all peoples of every culture and racial background regard murder, theft, and r.a.pe as immoral.
Thats a wrong assumption. Simplistic answers for simplistic minded people.

Example:
Is the act of theft to feed your hungry child and immoral act?

If i stole medicine to help my dying cousin, would that act be universally accepted by everyone as an immoral act?

As a consequence is it therefore morally right to punish someone by a beheading or a chopping off of both arms if they commit a petty crime such as theft?
In what context will this be morally wrong if a society accepts this as just and fair?

If there were three people stuck on a shipwrecked boat out at sea who didn't have any food to eat and one of them fell gravely ill and was going to die from drinking sea water when he was told not to, was sacrificed by the other three, killing him to feed on and survive to get back to their families and they eventually did once their boat was discovered. Would you put them on trial?.

What context would you consider their act moraly wrong? If so why?

cap28:

so i take it you woudl have no qualms about letting your wife or daughter embark on a career in por.nogra.phy provided it served the intended purpose of making money?
pray tell are you a sociopath by any chance?

A low blow attempt. Unfortuanately I have neither. None the less i will indulge you in your example which  is inconsistent with the arguement and bears no relevance or correlation. Let us assume this does happen. Who are my wife and daughter hurting? Me, society, themselves? What physical  harm is she inflicting to others as a consequence of her actions?

No correlation. Sorry!

cap28:

Not at all i would weigh the pros and the cons and if my decision would lead to the unecessary loss of human lives i woudl definitely not go ahead with that particual decision.
The US have been involved in numerous situations in which the loss of lives could very well have been avoided but they chose instead to disregard human lives for financial gain.

Financial gain is the least aspect considered when making these decision if you have ever been near a situation that involves these decisions.
Since you want to be an expert on giving examples consider this dilemma
Consider the moral dilemma presented if a suicide bomber refuses to reveal his location of several bombs he has placed in several key embassies  when you know the loss of life will be significant not only to Americans but other nationals as well and you plead with him to do what is moral and right and he refuses and wants to play on his terms. You present him with his children and slit the throat of one of his kids. He still refuses. You beckon him that you will slit the throat of the other child and he refuses. What would you do?

Are your actions justifiable? Are they moral? Are there universal principles you allude to in your response held by each and every society in the same standard.?

cap28:

But you are still an oppressed black african man who will never be accorded the same respect or opportunities as your white counterparts, you can pretend not to be african all you want but the minute you step out of your bubble into the white man's world you are kicked back into touch with reality.

You must have me confused my dear fellow and your continious childish rants on race are irrelevant to me within the contexts of my though processes. Sentimental brandishing will not get you anywhere with me. I do not entertain those juvenile finger pointing

cap28:

Why do you refer to africans as "they" you are african yourself, why are you ashamed of who you are, whitey laughs in your face when you try to mimic him and distance yourself from your own people, he laughs at your tragic self hatred, he will never accept you.

It is tragic to hate your african self don't you think?

Don't think you even realize the origins of the word African before you begin to call yourself one. A name is not an identity in of itself anymore than a military uniform is to a soldier.  It is the self awarness of the responsibilites that are tied to the actions of that individual in relation to other groups of people that give that name or uniform meaning and identity. Therefore asserting yourself as an African and saying I am black and proud ten tiems a day does not mean much to me nor does it convince me of your more "Africaness" than myself.

Grow up!

cap28:

"Dabble" being the operative word, jack of all trades but master of none, if you had an indepth knowledge of history i wouldnt need to be having this conversation with you.
In the new world A jack of all trades is versatile a jack of one trade becomes obsolete when they run out of ideas cause they can't see past their own limitations

cap28:

But im sure it would make a huge difference to you if youd had to endure the humiliation of being told to stand up for a white person on a bus or banned from going into a white neigbourhood or white school.

I would figure out how to build my own school and leave that Whitemans school alone and do everything within my means to secure funding for my school to flourish. The AA's chose civil disobedience as a method vs insurrection.

cap28:

Dummy do  you see how stu.pid  you are, you never knew any of this did you, you never knew that america had such an appalling track record  in terms of its foreign policy thats why you stupidly concluded that america isnt an imperialist nation and has never invaded and destroyed the political and economic soveriegny of foreign nations, now that i give you one example of country which was destroyed by america, instead of showing gratitude for the knowledge i have imparted into your pea brain you PRETEND as if you knew it before.
Again there is nothing you are saying or have said that is not already out there, no new information covert or overt regarding US policies in the middle east that you are enlightening anyone on. You are REGURGITATING information passed as analytical thinking. There is a difference.

The problem is that you don't even realize that conversating with me requires you to continue to exert critical thinking skills you obvously lack in defence of your stance.

Keep up the IMPERIALIST information sharing agenda.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 12:31am On Mar 11, 2011
^^^^
keep tying yourself into knots discussing issues that have nothing to do with this thread, you are one of those people who are so insecure that when a discussion is not going your way you veer off into talking about rubbish which has nothing to do with the original topic, good luck with that, you definitely have the personality traits of a schizophrenic.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2011
cap28:

^^^^
keep tying yourself into knots discussing issues that have nothing to do with this thread, you are one of those people who are so insecure that when a discussion is not going your way you veer off into talking about rubbish which has nothing to do with the original topic, good luck with that, you definitely have the personality traits of a schizophrenic.

Oh sorry you a HISTORY PROFESSOR/Wikileaks commentator.   We were talking about US foreign policy, allies and strategies for Arab nations in relation to Russia, China  right?

This exercise has never been about getting ones way like a fussy infant. ITS CALLED CRITICAL THINKING. Once it becomes taxing for you to decipher the questions posed to you in relation to your thread, it is immediately written of as schizo rantings. My dear fellow I can weave every single example I have posed to you into the subject matter you so well claim to be fully versed on.

The real problem is with people like you who can't really think outside the box past your "fact gathering" prowess and finger pointing antics. You come on here and flaunt yourself as a master of  a subject matter with critical thinking skills able to incorporate all sides to a particular issue and label everyone else who does not share your anxieties as blind and mental when in reality the rigorous effort involved in fully analyzing a situation in its broadest scope becomes taxing for you when you cannot grasp concepts outside the sphere of your knowledge base.

Right right, rubbish it is then.

Oh by the way,  speaking of "other subject matters".  Did you know there is a strong correlation between Schizophrenics and highly gifted/intelligent people?

Something to ponder outside the sphere of your expertise.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2011
morpheus24:

Oh sorry you a HISTORY PROFESSOR, . Limitations of your subject expertise, can't apply any other discipline to your discussions. ITS CALLED CRITICAL THINKING. Once it is tasking for you to decipher the questions posed to you, it is immediately written of as schizo rantings. My dear fellow I can weave every single example I have posed to you into the subject matter you so well claim to be fully versed on.

The real problem is with people like you who can't really think outside the box past your "fact gathering" prowess and finger pointing antics. You come on here and flaunt yourself as a master of subject matters and label everyone else who do not share your anxieties as blind and mental when in reality the rigorous effort involved in fully analyzing a situation in its broadest scope is taxing for you.

Right right, rubbish it is then.

Oh by the way, speaking of "other subject matters". Did you know there is a strong correlation between Schizophrenics and highly gifted/intelligent people?

Something to ponder outside the sphere of your expertise.

Hahahahaaha so you're an "intelligent" schizo eh hahahahhahaha

you are something else you know - do you know where the vast majority of schizos like yourself are? In prison or mental institutions and im beginning to think that might be where you might be typing all of this your junk from.

Its either that or you are probably one of those broken down nigerian men in america who ended up working as cab drivers after collecting a pile of worthless "qualifications" from some backwater colleges and now out of frustration you spend your time tapping out junk on your computers from the comfort of a mini cab office.

"right right" hahahahhahahaha!!!! pal you're a comedian you know, i can tell from your spelling, and poor grammar that you have never held down a job which involves the application of written or speaking skills, no right thinking employer in the west would hire you, this is why you sound so frustrated, you cant understand why despite your vast "knowledge" nobody bothers with you.

Keep deluding yourself that anything you have said up there makes sense, keep regurgitating junk you learnt on your long distance correspondence courses, keep pretending as if you have any idea whatsoever about america's foreign policy, focus on doing what you do best carry on being the grateful uncle tom who works a 24 hour backbreaking shift as a cab driver and bends over backwards kissing whitey's ar.se for being allowed to live in his country as a member of his underclass.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 5:09pm On Mar 11, 2011
cap28:

Hahahahaaha so you're an "intelligent" schizo eh hahahahhahaha

you are something else you know - do you know where the vast majority of schizos like yourself are? In prison or mental institutions and im beginning to think that might be where you might be typing all of this your junk from.

Its either that or you are probably one of those broken down nigerian men in america who ended up working as cab drivers after collecting a pile of worthless "qualifications" from some backwater colleges and now out of frustration you spend your time tapping out junk on your computers from the comfort of a mini cab office.

"right right" hahahahhahahaha!!!! pal you're a comedian you know, i can tell from your spelling, and poor grammar that you have never held down a job which involves the application of written or speaking skills, no right thinking employer in the west would hire you, this is why you sound so frustrated, you cant understand why despite your vast "knowledge" nobody bothers with you.

Keep deluding yourself that anything you have said up there makes sense, keep regurgitating junk you learnt on your long distance correspondence courses, keep pretending as if you have any idea whatsoever about america's foreign policy, focus on doing what you do best carry on being the grateful uncle tom who works a 24 hour backbreaking shift as a cab driver and bends over backwards kissing whitey's ar.se for being allowed to live in his country as a member of his underclass.

Obviously you didn't grasp the schizo reference properly. Goes to show,

Cab driver. Truly laughable. Its your mind trying to intepret what you cannot understand. Pot shots and innuendos do not make you seem more intelligent only demonstrates your confusion. They again hold no water. (its okay if it makes you feel better though)

Ha ha grammar. You obviously don't know where next to box me into so you attack grammar. Childish antics

let me summarize for you:

Examples of moral dilemmas stated  have to do with understanding philosophical questions as regards how the US views the world and shapes its foreign policies in terms of decisions making processes.

Economic dilemmas have to do with how it is able to continue to stay on top as an economic power house which directly affects its foreign policy and relations with other countries in terms of gaining access to resources worldwide. A requirement to sustain its might as a world power. No different from any World power that existed in the past nor will exist in the future. (Therefore what are you informing us about that we already didn't know.)

Political dilemmas deal with its democratic principles in relation to other systems of governance and how it chooses to influence those systems in its national interest. (Whats the information you are giving to us that is enlightening us again?)

All these will be reflected in its media coverage, Diplomatic relationship to allies, covert ops and dealings with each region it attempts to influence. DING DING!!

PLEASE TELL me what part of the above is outside the sphere of what your THREAD is about. A simpleton would sum up the complexities of the situation in words like "IMPERIALIST" "WHITEY" "UNCLE TOM", "SELL OUT". He would further try to bolster his position by calling into question his opponents methods and relevance by setting up strawman arguements.

I have stated the relevance of my responses. Show that they are not consistent with your thread.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!!!!!

now get back to picking up some passengers schizo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 5:46pm On Mar 11, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN!!!!!

now get back to picking up some passengers schizo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

STATE THE IRRELEVANCE AND INCONSISTENCES OF MY RESPONSES.!!!!
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 6:07pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^^^
sorry mate but i dont debate with schizophrenics, i take my mental well being very seriously, but feel free to carry on this debate with the voices in your head grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by morpheus24: 6:58pm On Mar 11, 2011
cap28:

^^^^^
sorry mate but i dont debate with schizophrenics, i take my mental well being very seriously, but feel free to carry on this debate with the voices in your head grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

A fitting response for a narrow minded representative of "truth seeking" and "African pride" living in the UK . Chuck it to the paranormal.

Right right!
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Mariory(m): 3:40am On Mar 12, 2011
morpheus24:

A fitting response for a narrow minded representative of "truth seeking" and "African pride" living in the UK . Chuck it to the paranormal.

Right right!

cap28 being schooled!

morpheus24 gotta say I admire your patience.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update / We Already Had A Black President / Zelensky Runs To Finland , To Stay There Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 284
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.