Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,666 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya (4244 Views)

Al-qaeda Flying It's Flag Over Libya / West Begins To Backtrack Over Libya / Russia's President Medvedev Scolds Prime Minister Putin Over Libya Remarks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 3:14am On Feb 27, 2011
Libya Conquered in the Dark
BBC's Breathtaking Propagandizing.
by Tony Cartalucci

Shut down the Middle East, you shut down China and Russia, then you rule the world. The current Middle East destabilization is a desperate gambit to eliminate the Near-East buffer, isolate the two rising superpowers, and force them to concede to their place within a unipolar New York-London centric world order.

Libya is next in a long line of nations in the Middle East being destabilized and facing a Western-backed regime change. With the corporate owned mainstream media performing breathtaking acts of propagandizing, the US State Department's army of bloggers coordinating Libya's uprising on the ground, and nearly zero confirmed reports coming out, it seems the large North African nation is being dismembered entirely in the dark.

Unlike in Egypt, where US International Crisis Group trustee Mohamed ElBaradei was talking daily to international reporters on the ground, and AlJazeera provided 24 hour coverage, Libya is a virtual blackhole. The mainstream media is relaying hearsay from "Libyan" bloggers and protesters on the ground. The tell-tale quotation marks peppering reports coming out of BBC and AlJazeera and a litany of weasel words indicate that the "revolution" will be feed to the public in the most disingenuous and unsubstantiated manner possible.

Unfortunately, when all we have to depend on during a crisis is the honor of the corporate owned media, where BBC itself is a major corporate member of the globalist nexus Chatham House, nothing can be trusted and we are left in confusion and uncertainty. Far too many people, however, will still fall for the thin veneer of legitimacy the mainstream media's slick graphics and well-dressed shills lend it.

BBC's latest article regarding Sayf al-Islam's address to the nation gives us an astounding example of the mainstream media forcing the scant facts coming out of Libya into a predetermined narrative to suit the global-combine's interests. In his address to the Libyan nation, Sayf al-Islam accused opposition groups and outsiders of trying to transform Libya, that the foreign media was grossly exaggerating the government's response to protesters, and compared the unrest to an Egypt-style Facebook revolution.

While BBC concedes that "verifying information from Libya has been difficult," within the text of the article they refer to the speech as a "rambling TV address." In the side bar, we hear from BBC propagandist Jon Leyne, who covered the "bazillion-gagillion man march" in Egypt and told viewers it seemed as if "all of Egypt" had turned out in Tahrir Square. Best estimates of the crowd range from 50,000 to no more than 100,000 (0.1% of Egypt's population.) Leyne says the following regarding Sayf al-Islam's address, in an unprofessional bravado we should only have come to expect from the BBC:

"That was one of the strangest political speeches I think I've ever sat through. He was completely and utterly detached from the reality of what is going on in his country. To put it bluntly, most Libyans will just treat it as gibberish - it was completely meaningless to them. The idea that they're somehow going to sit down and have a national dialogue with a government that's brought in foreign mercenaries to shoot at them is laughable."

What qualifies Leyne to speak on behalf of the Libyan people on a crisis his own network concedes is difficult to report on, thus "utterly detached" themselves, is beyond understanding, unless of course it is pure propaganda aimed at discrediting the address.

What the mainstream media and Sayf al-Islam seem to agree on is that Libya's eastern city of Benghazi has been overrun by mobs who have seized military tanks and weapons. For BBC and AlJazeera to call the government's response to arsonists, looters, vandals, and now dangerously and overtly armed mobs, a "massacre," seems somewhat disingenuous and very similar to their coverage of the US-backed mobs that took to the streets in Bangkok in May, 2010.

http://landdestroyer..com/2011/02/libya-conquered-in-dark.html
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Nobody: 1:46pm On Feb 27, 2011
Interesting, cap28.

Here's more on this:

http://landdestroyer..com/2011/02/libya-rest-of-story.html
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Mariory(m): 9:01am On Feb 28, 2011
I can't stop laughing. Considering the fact that most of the leaders facing trouble are long standing US/Western allies, there is only one conclusion that can be reached after reading that write up. Absolute trash.

The US is attepting to topple it's own friends to spite China and Russia? Logic expressed by extremely small intelligence.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by MyJoe: 12:18pm On Feb 28, 2011
Mariory:

I can't stop laughing. Considering the fact that most of the leaders facing trouble are long standing US/Western allies, there is only one conclusion that can be reached after reading that write up. Absolute trash.

The US is attepting to topple it's own friends to spite China and Russia? Logic expressed by extremely small intelligence.

Yeah. Removing Mubarak and Gaddafi = eliminating Egypt and Libya to destroy China and Russia to have a sole superpower to control Middle Eastern oil to . . .
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On Feb 28, 2011
MyJoe:

Yeah. Removing Mubarak and Gaddafi = eliminating Egypt and Libya to destroy China and Russia to have a sole superpower to control Middle Eastern oil to . . .

Please lets think about that for a minute . . . . how does one destroy China and Russia by removing Mubarak and Ghaddafi when America stands to loose the most in all that continues to happen, and people around the world continue to acknowledge this

ROFLMAO!!!
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by MyJoe: 3:51pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Please think about that for a minute . . . . how does one destroy China and Russia by removing Mubarak and Ghaddafi when America stands to loose the most in all that continues to happen, and people around the world continue to acknowledge this

ROFLMAO!!!

Been reading you on this forum and would never have thought you don't comprehend such things as sarcasm, no matter how obvious! No, I should put it down to haste on your part just now. You, ma'am, really do need to take it easy.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 28, 2011
Mariory said:

The US is attepting to topple it's own friends to spite China and Russia?

No, NOT to ''spite'' China and Russia. For something far more substantive than that. Read again WHY the US may be doing this. This time with your brains open.

One more thing - The US has no real ''friends''. It only has INTERESTS all of which are subject to change and alteration in ways that completely escape you.

Logic expressed by extremely small intelligence.

You're the one with a puny intelligence. It's obvious you had reached your conclusion before reading those articles. A truly intelligent person would have spent time chasing up the information given in those articles, which clearly suggest a paper trail of surreptitious western orchestration of the crises. You've obviousy NOT done that since there's nothing you've written that's not straight off the top of your head.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Feb 28, 2011
MyJoe:

Been reading you on this forum and would never have thought you don't comprehend such things as sarcasm, no matter how obvious! No, I should put it down to haste on your part just now. You, ma'am, really do need to take it easy.

I was not countering your post . . . I did see the sarcasm in your post. . . just calling for people to think a bit deeper on these conspiracy theories so they can on their own realize how stu-pid they really are.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Pennywise(m): 6:11pm On Feb 28, 2011
@Op
Is the writer of this piece nu/t? Or he is just seeking attention?
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 8:46pm On Feb 28, 2011
ROSSIKE:

Mariory said:

No, NOT to ''spite'' China and Russia. For something far more substantive than that. Read again WHY the US may be doing this. This time with your brains open.

One more thing - The US has no real ''friends''. It only has INTERESTS all of which are subject to change and alteration in ways that completely escape you.

You're the one with a puny intelligence. It's obvious you had reached your conclusion before reading those articles. A truly intelligent person would have spent time chasing up the information given in those articles, which clearly suggest a paper trail of surreptitious western orchestration of the crises. You've obviousy NOT done that since there's nothing you've written that's not straight off the top of your head.

At last!!!someone who can actually think and analyse critically, all is not lost after all.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 8:50pm On Feb 28, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I was not countering your post . . . I did see the sarcasm in your post. . . just calling for people to think a bit deeper on these conspiracy theories so they can on their own realize how stu-pid they really are.

If there was an award to be given for prize fool of the century - i beleive you would win it hands down, i am not going to bother debating with you on this issue because you are obviously mentally handicapped and all that will happen is that i will become completey frustrated and exasperated, how you are able to function without the full time assistance of a carer is beyond my comprehension.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by silentc(m): 9:51pm On Feb 28, 2011
Cap28. . . . i think Kobojunkie is an intelligent lady. Unfortunately she applies her intelligence wrongly (in my opinion). In physics she can be likened to having magnitude, but no direction.

Not everyone can work for the secret service to know what is going on behind the scenes. . . . and if you do work for them, you cant share the truth of certain situations. Unfortunately, some people have to see facts before they believe (which is ok), but they also cannot piece information out there to see the big picture.

The dynamics of the politics of this world we live in is complex. . . . very complex and not a lot of people can understand it. Leave those who cannot understand. . . . .educate those who have a mind where they like to listen to other opinions.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Feb 28, 2011
cap28:

If there was an award to be given for prize fool of the century - i beleive you would win it hands down, i am not going to bother debating with you on this issue because[b] you are obviously mentally handicapped and all that will happen is that i will become completey frustrated and exasperated,[/b] how you are able to function without the full time assistance of a carer is beyond my comprehension.

I am 100% certain your insults there only apply just to you, and your family since your post seems to have no links at all to anything I have posted so far on this or any other issue.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Feb 28, 2011
silentc:

Cap28. . . . i think Kobojunkie is an intelligent lady. Unfortunately she applies her intelligence wrongly (in my opinion). In physics she can be likened to having magnitude, but no direction.

Not everyone can work for the secret service to know what is going on behind the scenes. . . . and if you do work for them, you cant share the truth of certain situations. Unfortunately, some people have to see facts before they believe (which is ok), but they also cannot piece information out there to see the big picture.

The dynamics of the politics of this world we live in is complex. . . . very complex and not a lot of people can understand it. Leave those who cannot understand. . . . .educate those who have a mind where they like to listen to other opinions.

ROFLMAO!!!! You might want to take time diagnosing your own self first so you do not go around thinking everyone else suffers from that which ails you , grin
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by dayokanu(m): 10:33pm On Feb 28, 2011
The US wanted to topple one of his biggest allies in Mubarak to spite China and Russia?

Is there an end to these conspiracy theories?
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by silentc(m): 10:35pm On Feb 28, 2011
Dont worry Kobojunkie. I will share investment ideas/discussion in Nigeria with you (as you seem to have a decent grasp of this). . . . .i wont bother with politics with you. . . . . .
smiley
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Feb 28, 2011
dayokanu:

The US wanted to topple one of his biggest allies in Mubarak to spite China and Russia?

Is there an end to these conspiracy theories?

Apparently never!!
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by shotster50(m): 2:07am On Mar 01, 2011
Yet again, the CAPo and his cohorts are getting carried away with this fantasy of theirs.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by MyJoe: 4:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Okay, but still you miss something: conspiracy theorists don't think.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by vedaxcool(m): 1:04pm On Mar 03, 2011
I strongly believe that Ga'daft' thing got what was coming to him, remember it was his initial reaction to the protesters that made the entire matter spiral out of control, first instead of using peaceful means the maniac came out with guns smoking, hence it was only natural that his people will react very aggressively towards him. Remember Ga'daft'thi made a statement that hardly showed any iota of reason, first he claimed Drug users were on the rampage then went on to blame Al -qaeda, one thing he forgot and Cap28 you failed to see is how the winds of change is Furiously  blowing even the saudi King immediately made certain concessions to his people and pump money into the saudi economy, but what did Gadafi do; he went for blood, rather than finding ways to satiate his people, well good thing though  Gadaft it is on his way out and no amount of theories can stop that;

What the mainstream media and Sayf al-Islam seem to agree on is that Libya's eastern city of Benghazi [size=18pt]has been overrun by mobs who have seized military tanks and weapons[/size]. For BBC and AlJazeera to call the government's response to arsonists, looters, vandals, and now dangerously and overtly armed mobs, a "massacre," seems somewhat disingenuous and very similar to their coverage of the US-backed mobs that took to the streets in Bangkok in May, 2010.

How would any reasonble person believe mobs could have easily overpowered well trained soldiers in a matter of days? Pls let us use think properly, some of Gadaft it soldiers defected and to me you are just being one sided in this matter, matters like this are usually laced with lots of Rumours you talk as if the protesters were violent from the inset yet we HEARD it was the REGIME tactic that was Violent which in turn precipitated violence from the protesters, yes this might be a conspiracy yes the US might dealing a deadly blow to Gadaft it, but you fail to realise that most of Libya's oil goes to the west, that has simply punctured a hole on your theories, Again the West appeared to respond slowly to the event because they saw their interest going down the drain, so to say the same West that has been benefiting very well from Libya's oil will go back to destroy it is absolutely rediculus and furthermore The West lost part of its credibility by rushing to bed with Gadafti all in the name of oil, but one truth we do know is that Gadaft it is Facing the Poles of Death.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by kodewrita(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2011
Pennywise:

@Op
Is the writer of this piece nu/t? Or he is just seeking attention?

so far, we have concluded he's an attention seeking nut.  grin
vedaxcool:

How would any reasonble person believe mobs could have easily overpowered well trained soldiers in a matter of days? Pls let us use think properly

Every adult man in lybia is required to serve at least 2 years military service so they are not as "poorly trained" as you think. besides they were aided by defecting military units otherwise they would have been overrun a long time ago. You do more thinking.

Besides you are talking about a region where a man can set himself on fire and by so doing liberate a nation. Your external models and beliefs dont count.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by vedaxcool(m): 1:42pm On Mar 03, 2011
kodewrita:

so far, we have concluded he's an attention seeking nut.  grin
Every adult man in lybia is required to serve at least 2 years military service so they are not as "poorly trained" as you think. b[b]esides they were aided by defecting military units[/b] otherwise they would have been overrun a long time ago. You do more thinking.

Besides you are talking about a region where a man can set himself on fire and by so doing liberate a nation. Your external models and beliefs dont count.

Hope your eyes are still seeing right as I wrote below:

vedaxcool:

How would any reasonble person believe mobs could have easily overpowered well trained soldiers in a matter of days? Pls let us use think properly, [size=18pt]some of Gadaft it soldiers defected[/size]
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by kodewrita(m): 3:34pm On Mar 03, 2011
vedaxcool:

Hope your eyes are still seeing right as I wrote below:

It should be obvious to you that the post was written before you went back to modify it. Nice try. better luck next time.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 10:23pm On Mar 03, 2011
vedaxcool:

I strongly believe that Ga'daft' thing got what was coming to him, remember it was his initial reaction to the protesters that made the entire matter spiral out of control, first instead of using peaceful means the maniac came out with guns smoking, hence it was only natural that his people will react very aggressively towards him. Remember Ga'daft'thi made a statement that hardly showed any iota of reason, first he claimed Drug users were on the rampage then went on to blame Al -qaeda, one thing he forgot and Cap28 you failed to see is how the winds of change is Furiously  blowing even the saudi King immediately made certain concessions to his people and pump money into the saudi economy, but what did Gadafi do; he went for blood, rather than finding ways to satiate his people, well good thing though  Gadaft it is on his way out and no amount of theories can stop that;

What the mainstream media and Sayf al-Islam seem to agree on is that Libya's eastern city of Benghazi [size=18pt]has been overrun by mobs who have seized military tanks and weapons[/size]. For BBC and AlJazeera to call the government's response to arsonists, looters, vandals, and now dangerously and overtly armed mobs, a "massacre," seems somewhat disingenuous and very similar to their coverage of the US-backed mobs that took to the streets in Bangkok in May, 2010.

How would any reasonble person believe mobs could have easily overpowered well trained soldiers in a matter of days? Pls let us use think properly, some of Gadaft it soldiers defected and to me you are just being one sided in this matter, matters like this are usually laced with lots of Rumours you talk as if the protesters were violent from the inset yet we HEARD it was the REGIME tactic that was Violent which in turn precipitated violence from the protesters, yes this might be a conspiracy yes the US might dealing a deadly blow to Gadaft it, but you fail to realise that most of Libya's oil goes to the west, that has simply punctured a hole on your theories, Again the West appeared to respond slowly to the event because they saw their interest going down the drain, so to say the same West that has been benefiting very well from Libya's oil will go back to destroy it is absolutely rediculus and furthermore The West lost part of its credibility by rushing to bed with Gadafti all in the name of oil, but one truth we do know is that Gadaft it is Facing the Poles of Death.

None of the information you have referred to above has been substantiated - it is all based on hearsay, furthermore the russian military  has come out to state categorically that no libyan airstrikes ever took place:

http://tv.globalresearch.ca/2011/03/russian-military-says-libyan-airstrikes-did-not-take-place

In terms of concessions to his people, earlier this year Gadaffi abolished taxes and custom duties on locally-produced and imported food products  making food cheaper and easily accessible to the libyan people:

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFJOE70B0JT20110112

the so called protesters are not unarmed - they are armed rebels who were involved in violent acts right from the beginning, they attacked military installations and depots in order to access more arms, do you know of anywhre in the world where a govt sits back and allows an armed group of rebels to take over their govt?  If armed rebels were to storm capitol hill in washington to try and overthrow the us govt how do you think the us army and police would respond?

do these look like unarmed protesters to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyGo86ZkIis

Also if we are to go along with your story that these people are unarmed protesters - is it normal for politicians of foreign countries to call for them to be armed?:

Senator Lieberman during a joint CNN interview with Senator McCain, went as far as repeatedly and openly calling for additional arms to be sent to rebel groups on the ground, recognizing them as the legitimate government, as well as repeating the call for the no-fly zone already on the table. McCain built on Lieberman's statements claiming the US should "stand up for democracy" not only across the Arab world but as far as China as well, confirming the scale and reach of the globalists' agenda. UK PM David Cameron has also called for providing additional arms to rebel leaders, clarifying the globalist consensus and ensuring a protracted bloodbath ensues.

http://landdestroyer..com/2011/02/destroying-libya.html

Lets say a group of protesters decided to picket the white house tomorrow would you recommend that they be given arms in order to overthrow the US govt?

Your argument about the west benefitting from having Gadaffi there makes no sense, if that were the case why have they been trying to kill him for the past 20 years?

If he is out of the way they can replace with him with a puppet who will sell the oil to them at whatever price they demand.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by vedaxcool(m): 8:48am On Mar 04, 2011
cap28:

None of the information you have referred to above has been substantiated - it is all based on hearsay, furthermore the russian military  has come out to state categorically that no libyan airstrikes ever took place:

A simple critical analysis, Russia's military could as well be farting out lies or bubbling the truth, so I see no reason why you are so biased in this matter that only information that suits your aim is what you consider.

Mr. Man i simply repeated what you wrote earlier:

cap28:

What the mainstream media and Sayf al-Islam seem to agree on is that Libya's eastern city of Benghazi has been overrun by mobs who have seized military tanks and weapons. For BBC and AlJazeera to call the government's response to arsonists, looters, vandals, and now dangerously and overtly armed mobs, a "massacre," seems somewhat disingenuous and very similar to their coverage of the US-backed mobs that took to the streets in Bangkok in May, 2010.

http://landdestroyer..com/2011/02/libya-conquered-in-dark.html

What is very funny is your selective Judgment Criteria, when the media reports suits your thoughts they become honest facts but when they claim the opposite they are western propaganda, now you want us to believe Al - Jazeera has become part of the West's media and even Al -arabiya has also joined the west, pls Mr, try to be objective, even Gadafi has not accuse the west of formenting the troubles instead he is accusing Drug and AL qaeda,now that clearly refutes what you are saying.

cap28:

http://tv.globalresearch.ca/2011/03/russian-military-says-libyan-airstrikes-did-not-take-place

In terms of concessions to his people, earlier this year Gadaffi abolished taxes and custom duties on locally-produced and imported food products  making food cheaper and easily accessible to the libyan people:

http://af.reuters.com/article/investingNews/idAFJOE70B0JT20110112

Pls the protesters are asking for freedom, not handouts

the so called protesters are not unarmed - they are armed rebels who were involved in violent acts right from the beginning, they attacked military installations and depots in order to access more arms, do you know of anywhre in the world where a govt sits back and allows an armed group of rebels to take over their govt?  If armed rebels were to storm capitol hill in washington to try and overthrow the us govt how do you think the us army and police would respond?

do these look like unarmed protesters to you?

Hear say!

cap28:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyGo86ZkIis

Also if we are to go along with your story that these people are unarmed protesters - is it normal for politicians of foreign countries to call for them to be armed?:

Lets say a group of protesters decided to picket the white house tomorrow would you recommend that they be given arms in order to overthrow the US govt?

Your argument about the west benefitting from having Gadaffi there makes no sense, if that were the case why have they been trying to kill him for the past 20 years?

Illogical reasoning indeed, Didn't the west lift sanction against Libya? haven't western leaders being visiting Gadaft? Didn't Gadaft offer to compensate the Lockerbie Bombing victims in billions? Do have any idea of what you are talking about? why are you so selective in a matter you are very ignorant of?

cap28:

If he is out of the way they can replace with him with a puppet who will sell the oil to them at whatever price they demand.

Funny indeed Gadaft cannot even determine the price pf tomatoes talkless of oil as it is opec that has a greater power of doing so by collectively cutting the supply of oil, and for some time now Oil prices have been determined more by Speculative forces due to the general instability in the ME, you miss a lot of sense in this statement you made

See the graph for more detail, the West are libya greatest oil Importers, so common sense will dictate that they do any thing to prevent any disruption that from happening. this was the chief reason the West failed to react swiftly;

LIBYA produces 1.7m of the world's 88m barrels a day (b/d) of oil. OECD countries import 1.2m b/d, and China another 150,000. Our chart shows which of Libya's main export markets are most dependent on it for their oil. At the top of the list, Ireland only accounts for a tiny fraction of Libya's oil exports. Italy is by far the biggest importer: in 2010 it took 376,000 b/d from its former colony. As oil prices surge amid the continuing unrest in the Arab world, importers will look to Saudi Arabia to make up any shortfall. http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/02/libyan_oil

Although both the U.S. and British governments have been heavily criticised for their slow reaction to the incendiary situation, a statement from the White House said the call to the European leaders was made to 'co-ordinate our urgent efforts to respond to developments and ensure that there is appropriate accountability'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360595/Gaddafi-threatens-burn-Libya-protesters-cease.html#ixzz1Fc87wRfj

Indeed a lot of details remain sketchy but I think Gadaft is getting what he truly deserves.

Look at one of the armed protesters, nasty fellow using theirs bare hands to overthrow Gadaft:

Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by Kobojunkie: 10:30am On Mar 04, 2011
LOL . . . .

You really had time to want to explain all that? The mere fact that Al Jazeera, there main and most only reliable news sources, has now been marked as a WESTERN PROPAGANDA MACHINE essentially declares these folks incompetent beings desperate for attention. None of these are in Libya and the only journalists in Libya happen to be overwhelmingly funded by Western media houses, so what is there argument for if they have essentially deemed all there sources unreliable??
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by vedaxcool(m): 11:12am On Mar 04, 2011
^^^^

No blame oh, I thought i should give it a try, maybe they just reading upside down! wink
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 1:04pm On Mar 04, 2011
vedaxcool:

A simple critical analysis, Russia's military could as well be farting out lies or bubbling the truth, so I see no reason why you are so biased in this matter that only information that suits your aim is what you consider.

critical analysis involves looking at two sides of an argument and weighing them up - something that you have completely failed to do, you are the one who has swallowed the propaganda being churned out by the bbc and al jazeera and taken it as gospel and then have turned around to accuse me of doing the same, why are you so quick to beleive the bbc but not an alternative view?  when determining a case in court is only one side presented to the jury to determine?

Even the US can not confirm that Gadaffi used fighter jets to strafe his own people:

, even the US Department of Defense was forced to concede that such attacks could not be confirmed.

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates was asked recently "Do you see any evidence that he [Qaddafi] actually has fired on his own people from the air?" to which he responded by saying, "We’ve seen the press reports, but we have no confirmation of that." Admiral Mullen added, "That’s correct. We’ve seen no confirmation whatsoever."

http://landdestroyer..com/2011_03_01_archive.html

Does it make sense to you to accept unverified evidence as gospel truth, even where the  US defence secretary has gone on record to say: WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE OF GADDAFFI's attacks on his own people  

Mr. Man i simply repeated what you wrote earlier:

What is very funny is your selective Judgment Criteria, when the media reports suits your thoughts they become honest facts but when they claim the opposite they are western propaganda, now you want us to believe Al - Jazeera has become part of the West's media and even Al -arabiya has also joined the west, pls Mr, try to be objective, even Gadafi has not accuse the west of formenting the troubles instead he is accusing Drug and AL qaeda,now that clearly refutes what you are saying

What is even funnier is your mindnumbing thoughtless swallowing of every lie, distortion and unsubstantiated crap that comes out of the mouths of the pro UK/US  Al jazeera, i dont really care what you beleive, you are beyond help as you lack the basic skills of critical thinking, i cant help you but please do not preach objectivity to me when clearly this is something you yourself lack in very large doses.

Gadaffi's son, Saif stated categorically that western backed opposition forces are behind the attempted overthrow of his father's regime:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12520586

learn to process information accurately!!!

Illogical reasoning indeed, Didn't the west lift sanction against Libya? haven't western leaders being visiting Gadaft? Didn't Gadaft offer to compensate the Lockerbie Bombing victims in billions? Do have any idea of what you are talking about? why are you so selective in a matter you are very ignorant of?

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT !!!

Do you know the story behind Lockerbie?

are you aware that all the documentation surrounding al megrahi and the lockerbie bombing investigations carried out in the UK  is subject to what is known as a public interest immmunity certificate which means that they CAN NEVER BE RELEASED INTO THE PUBLIC DOMAIN??

http://news.scotsman.com/comment/Tam-Dalyell-Lockerbie-papers-may.5575560.jp

western leaders lifted sanctions in 2004 BUT subsequently decided that they would be better off without GAdaffi in the picture, especially since Gadaffi was not an easily controllable puppet like Mubarak or Ben Ali.  why is that so difficult for you to understand?  Mubarak was a pro US puppet but they still got rid of him (albeit reluctantly) because he was no longer of any use to the US, this is how it works, the west do not have permanent friends just permanent interests.  

Funny indeed Gadaft cannot even determine the price pf tomatoes talkless of oil as it is opec that has a greater power of doing so by collectively cutting the supply of oil, and for some time now Oil prices have been determined more by Speculative forces due to the general instability in the ME, you miss a lot of sense in this statement you made

Your way of reasoning is so upside down, if Libya's oil supply has no effect on oil prices why has the price of oil risen since the Libyan uprising to $115 per barrel?
by the way you talk about opec as if they are independent tell me how many opec members are US allies? 
can a US ally act against the interests of the US? 

See the graph for more detail, the West are libya greatest oil Importers, so common sense will dictate that they do any thing to prevent any disruption that from happening. this was the chief reason the West failed to react swiftly;

if you could analyse facts accurately you would know that america and the UK which import the least amount of oil from Libya are the interventionists here, america will not be affected by any disruption to oil imports rather Italy and Ireland will suffer the most disruption.  

according to your pie chart the US imports just over 1% while britain imports about 10%,  Italy and Ireland import about 23-25% therefore they are the big losers here, not the US or the UK.  

Europe can make up for any disruption in oil supply by importing any shortfalls from their ally - Saudi Arabia, therefore the effects of any disruptions in oil supply on them will be minimal, the americans have no problem disrupting the supply of oil for now provided the end result will be them exerting greater control over such an oil rich nation.

LIBYA produces 1.7m of the world's 88m barrels a day (b/d) of oil. OECD countries import 1.2m b/d, and China another 150,000. Our chart shows which of Libya's main export markets are most dependent on it for their oil. At the top of the list, Ireland only accounts for a tiny fraction of Libya's oil exports. Italy is by far the biggest importer: in 2010 it took 376,000 b/d from its former colony. As oil prices surge amid the continuing unrest in the Arab world, importers will look to Saudi Arabia to make up any shortfall. http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/02/libyan_oil

Although both the U.S. and British governments have been heavily criticised for their slow reaction to the incendiary situation, a statement from the White House said the call to the European leaders was made to 'co-ordinate our urgent efforts to respond to developments and ensure that there is appropriate accountability'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1360595/Gaddafi-threatens-burn-Libya-protesters-cease.html#ixzz1Fc87wRfj

Indeed a lot of details remain sketchy but I think Gadaft is getting what he truly deserves.

Look at one of the armed protesters, nasty fellow using theirs bare hands to overthrow Gadaft:

Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2011
vedaxcool just to highlight my earlier point about the US/UK control over opec nations:
the following opec nations are either allies of the US/UK alliance which means they are no longer operating as sovereign nations and have no control over the price that they sell their oil but instead have to comply with prices imposed on them by the US/UK govt

or enemies - "rogue states" outside the control of the US/UK govt running administrations which are now on a collision path with the US/UK govt economic interests. Administrations of enemy nations have been singled out for overthrow or outright war and destruction:

Algeria - ally

Angola - ally

Ecuador - ally

Indonesia - ally

Iran - enemy

Iraq - ally

Kuwait - ally

Libya - enemy

Nigeria - ally

Qatar - ally

Saudi Arabia - ally

United Arab Emirates - ally

Venezuela - enemy
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by kodewrita(m): 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2011
nairalands most popular troll. keep up the good work.
Re: How The Western Media Has Lied To The Public Over Libya by cap28: 8:42pm On Mar 04, 2011
kodewrita:

nairalands most popular troll. keep up the good work.

It must be really relaxing for you because you have been able to go through almost the whole of your life without ever engaging your brain in any meaningful activity - intelligent people who disagree with an issue usually say why they dont agree with it but ive noticed that because your brain has been shut down for so long you resort to moronic one liners you know what would be interesting ? you falling into a permanent vegetative state - beleive me you'll be more useful to society in that state than now that you are fully conscious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Assaults Wife For Not "liking" His Facebook Update / We Already Had A Black President / Israeli Jets Kill ‘more Than 200’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.