Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? (60099 Views)

"I Don't Know How Dad Got My Pretty Mum": Lady Shares Throwback Photo Of Parents / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Ihedioha, My Kind Of Model At 53. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by fkj950ax(m): 7:34pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,
I want to seek for you peoples opinions regarding my family challenges.

Please your sanity is more important than familial ties.
If you dont want to go the route with your biological parents, then dont.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by reservd(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
Secretspy666, u made it this far on ur own, wow
I doff my hat sir
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Rapture4real(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
Very painful.But find a place in your heart to forgive them.You now know that they dont care about but just to get what they want.Do only the.little within your power and dont trust them.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Clonepops(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
Sparkle777:
pls forgive them but dnt ever eat their food or sleep in same house wit them. help them in any way u can but dnt go the extra mile. pls never ever trust them, they may poison u cos their own favorite children is not up and doing,trust me on this.
call them once a while and let them bless u and pray for u. give only what u can but dnt let ur guards off.
What prayers and blessings does he need from a deadbeat parents? They should keep their blessings to themselves and use it to turn their own lives around... So they won't need to ask him for money

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by mezerite: 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
Jesus did not forgive those people buying and selling in the temple. He flogged hell out of them.

Jesus did not forgive the Pharisee. He called them wolves in sheep clothing. And he said woe unto them.(he insulted them).

Please my brother, remind them of all the evil they did to you, and if they repent, then forgive. But if they make excuses, move on with your life.

Give them as if you are giving to stranger.
God will use you to teach them bitter lesson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by uuzba(m): 7:35pm On Sep 19, 2020
slivertongue:
well forgive them but move on with ur life . they can't reap where they didn't sow.
This is why you take a vow in marriage: TILL DEATH DO US PART.
-
Please court with your spouse before marriage.
Know their character very well in courtship before marriage.
NO SEX before marriage. No sex in courtship.
It is fornication!
If you can't hold yourself before marriage, you will never hold yourself after marriage.
Only sex IN your marriage. Sex brings about children.
Bring kids into an emotionally stable home.
There is no space for divorce.
Divorce leads to anger, regret, hatred, destruction.
-
If you cannot keep the rules, just jejely don't marry.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
mariahAngel:

Have they at least asked for your forgiveness?
u think say na American film u dey
dis is 9ja...parents barely ask for forgiveness on issues like dis

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by matrixme(m): 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2020
I hope this is not another of those internet fables, but since you asked for advise, there you have it. You need to compromise on your though stand. Family is a very important word. And if you're a Christian, then you don't have to repay evil with evil. If you go Jack Bauer on them because they hurt you, then in your old age, you will have a lot of regrets. The best revenge in this life is success and you've had a deal if it arguably.
Help them, but don't keep them too close too. Thread with caution and follow your heart.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Clonepops(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
DemonInvoker:
OP Have a Forgiving Spirit and Forgive your moda fvcking Family Members and only use your head while dealing with them.
E get why...Who Rise now fit fall tomorrow and who dey ground now fit still Rise..No man is an Island ooo.

If he should fall tommorrow definitely not those dead beat parents will raise him up

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by DeAlphaMale(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.
Guy to be honest with you... None of them deserves forgiveness... Disown them... My humble opinion
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by luminouz(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
UDUJ:

Lumi you got a valid point there cheesy

But if true, it baffles me why someone will just concoct a fake story and post for likes. Is there a monetary value to the amount of LIKES one gets in Nairaland. Makes absolutely no sense. I find it hard believing stories I read here anymore. Too many lies.

Happy weekend bruv cool
I think he is either a MOD paid writer to stimulate traffic or someone testing his writing skills.

Once you know what to look for,its mudafvcking easy to spot the liars here.

Just look at everyone wasting their emotions on a well concocted lie grin

Happy weekend to you too bro wink

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by showafrica(m): 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.

Lol, i.like.this.kind ending/karma. The truth is, if they had not seperated, may be u for dey useless. Its only when we are pushed to the wall that our full potential shows up. If you feel they are not remorseful yet, just forget them. They are Selfish individuals but if they beg for forgiveness just forgive and forge ahead. However, dont play okoso with your money, its the only thing you ve got.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by candidbabe(f): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
Throw them into the dustbin where they belong mtscheeeeeeeeeew they brought you into this world to punish you or what ?

If you cannot share in my sufferings, then you can never share in my glory.

what rubbish!!!!!!!!!!
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Burgerlomo: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
Oizee:
Nawao, ur case is like that of someone I know, but his mum was there all tru, she sacrificed all she had. The dad was completely absent, he didn't even know when he finished pri/sec sch.
God bless d guy and he got a job, he lost his mum shortly after.
Now d dad is really in a bad condition and not that he remarried after the separation from deir mom, he wasted his life to alcohol.
He was a serious drunkard. He has 3 kids from d woman and my friend is d first born and only male. The younger ones are married, d man will be calling dem and be reporting dem to people as if he was there for them and the children are now neglecting him.
One woman told my friend that he should look at the whole thing as a challenge in life and as a test from God.
Your parent failed themselves and God, don't be like them, God will continue to protect and bless you more.
But do only what u are capable of doing and don't go extra mile for them, cuz they don't deserve it. But inorder to get total blessing from ur God, please take care of them in any little way you can but don't abandoned them, don't commit sin out of pain.

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by OlawaleBammie: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:

The got to know of where I'm working. I don't know who told them. They arranged with someone I was relating with to bring them to my house. When I got Intel about it. Warned the person not to bring anyone to my house and dissociated with the person. Now they are saying I'm rich and don't want to help anyone but I don't care.

Satan go punish dat person wey carry dem come Ur ous.

If anybody accused u wrongly that u neglect them just cus u re rich pls don't hesitate to insult the hell out of the person.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Untube: 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
Hmmm. @op, your wife will ask of your parents,also your wife parents will like to meet your parents. You need to forgive dem and assist dem in your own little way. Don't pay evil with evil. My opinion dou
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by emerged01(m): 7:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
benjida:

You see ehn, run away from people who do not love you but want to use you. You can never ever buy their love with kindness. Note, they'll never be satisfied. They'll keep coming more and more untill they ruin your life.
You see,I had once been in almost the same situation like op,my father left me,brother and my mum when i was in primary six. After facing so many challenges with my mum,I found my stand. When It was time for me to start a family,I had no choice than to look for him to perform his fatherly role on my wedding day.
When I met him first after 19yrs he was totally down and regretted his evil acts. it was even last week I heard he married 8-9 wives when one of them passed away.
All the children abandoned him. I talked to myself, would I be happy if I find my father along street begging for money? I replied myself” I said God forbid”. I had to forgive him and promised him to be doing little I can. I Also begged my brother to forgive him that it won’t be proper seeing suffering to death.
After the death of such people there is alway regret of not forgiving,and our conscience will alway torment us til we die. Op should not allow his conscience torment him after it might have been to late to render help.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by sophy17(m): 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I always say that nobody chose or knows his or her father, mother or siblings from heaven. It is on earth we get to know the family we are born into. This tells you that there is nothing special or spectacular about our family than the rest humans we meet on earth. Once you know this, you become free of any bondage.
Whatever you owe your fellow human is what you owe them and never to your own detriment.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by fitinwell: 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
Thank God you succeeded , because no one associate with failure.., currently in your situation too..
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by uuzba(m): 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
Rapture4real:
Very painful.But find a place in your heart to forgive them.You now know that they dont care about but just to get what they want.Do only the.little within your power and dont trust them.
This thing you are saying is very hard.
Both father and mother abandoned him?
So let's say, trailer killed him when he was small, the parents will even be happy, be busy sexing their fornication partners? They sex and sex and born 6 children each?
Their thing cannot rest. Only sex they know.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by LOKOLESCO(m): 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
I Urge everyone to watch there mouth before advising these man,its a family matter,every one should know that whatever you say here will be punishable by God either positively or negatively, Cos God has warn us against cutting the bond tie of a family especially our parents,my dear brother God will lead u to the righteous path.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Jabioro: 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
My candid advise.Forgive both of them..give them whatever you can strictly afford.Do not let them know much about you,your plans ,your deeds everything about you be kept off their radals..Do not change your phone number.. remained yourself..So that you can receive their heart blessings..God bless you as listening and follow it up..
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by VicM6: 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2020
capnies:
Change your phone number now. But if any of them trace you and apologize you can forgive that one but for now they are yet to realize what they did to you if your story is true ooooo
say him talk say d story na fake ni..... He should treat dem d same way dey did to him..... awon werey people
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by gud4dbest(m): 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
LaReinaa:

Be truthful yourself, will you give yourself this same advice if you were in this young man’s shoes
Forgive and forget is better preached when it involves some else..
To forget is divine, to forgive, human also have the capacity. It is to your benefit if an offender genuinely beg you for forgiveness and you forgive. I have done it before. It heals the wound.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by luminouz(m): 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
Nooil:
Like how do you guys do it? Working, schooling part time, and even masters. You deserve an award!

Dont tell me you're a lazy momma,I was thinking of bringing palm wine to your parents. Naso u go use laziness kill me abi? tongue
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Ikea81: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Surprised you still call them mother and father. Anyway I. The spirit of love, you. Can render financial assistance once a awhile if it doesn't stress you, and they still remain the sperm donor and incubator, just deal with them but from afar. A tree never makes a forest and forgiveness shows you have love in your heart. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by OlawaleBammie: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
Clonepops:

I swear down..people should stop trying to make people escape repercussions from their actions by forgiveness...

Even God self know that I can't forgive this kind of people. I will never forgive them...

NEVER!!!
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by OA01: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2020
You have all right and justification to get angry at all of them.

Remember! You can't achieve anything without the mercy and grace of God, most especially the love of God.

You need to reciprocate the mercy, grace and love God bestowed on you back to them.

This is very hard to do, but you still need to do it for the sake of their creator.

You don't deserve the position you are today by virtue of the circumstances that befell you but mercy took you there.

Do what is in thy power to do for them all, if God grant you the grace.

God is respecter of nobody, whatsoever one plants shall he reaps.

Brother! Start planting good seed now.

My advice: call the child back and apologize for how you spoke to her/him because just like you, you don't know where he/she can get to.

Assist him/her in your capacity.

God will continue to help you
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Estellie: 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2020
They do not exist!!

Once I cut you off from my life then that's it. Nothing can change that.

They ain't sorry, they just gonna bring you down..

Buh then, I feel bad for the kids embarassed This life sef..

It's best to forget them though..
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by brainhgeek(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
As long as they are still alive, just know that you have biological parents. That title is enough gain for them, nothing more.
There is no law that says you must care for the parents who abandoned you and are not sorry they did.
Just go ahead, get married. Registry won't ask if the witnesses at your wedding are your parents or not.
However, as for your email siblings, don't be cruel to them. Don't empower them with a reason to write a story about you too. You can stop the hatred with you. Help them financially when you are able. They were not the ones who hurt you. Their parents did.
On a last note, I would have said many bad things about your parents and step-parents but then, I have learnt not to conclude until I hear the other side of a story. There is always injustice in a one-sided story.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by curvilicious: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
Forgive them but dont forget. Most of all your mom is I dont want to say heartless. A child she birthed, God forbid I leave my child for any gademn person except death takes me. Forgive them but dont help them. Act like a stingy friend
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Clonepops(m): 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2020
Timekeeper:

Listen and listen good.
He can forgive them but not still help them out...

Forgiveness does not have to do with Helping them.

I'm sure u don't know the kind of burden in this man heart.... He can forgive so as to let go of this burden

Can you hear yourself... Those people don't even want his forgiveness... They want his money... The first thing they did was to send their financial burden to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / 19-Year-Old Brazilian Lady Gives Birth To Twins With 2 Different Fathers (Pix) / How expensive is the bride price for ladies from Delta state

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.