Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 PM

What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? (60126 Views)

"I Don't Know How Dad Got My Pretty Mum": Lady Shares Throwback Photo Of Parents / 12 Types Of Parents You See In Nigeria / Ihedioha, My Kind Of Model At 53. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by ALVA001: 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,
I want to seek for you peoples opinions regarding my family challenges.

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.

Allah says: وقضى ربك ألا تعبدوا إلا إياه وبالوالدين إحسانا...
The above means: Verily Allah has ordained that you worship him alone and to your parents show kindness...
Therefore my advice to you is to fulfil your responsibility to your parents. As you have right to them, they have right to you. Mutually independent rights. They may have failed at theirs, Allah will ask/judge them, don't fail at yours. Leave the judgement to God, don't be the judge. My advice for you is to approach your parents, seek their forgiveness for earlier misdeed on your path, and begin your responsibility. This is hard but walohi, it's the best thing to do.
They are your parents, nothing will ever change that. We also offend God and he forgives. Do right by them so that your days may be long.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by luminouz(m): 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
Clonepops:

Yes.. He should go and even beg his parents.. Roll in the mud sef... Whenever he collects his salary.. He should hand everything over to his parents.. Then wait for them to give him whatever they want.. Since you want to be very stupid

jesus. you are fighting another dude over a fake ass story bro? shocked
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by winofu: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I'm from a broken home. My parents divorced when I was a child of two years. I'm the only child from their union. My father and mother abandoned me and remarried to other spouse each. I passed through hell growing up with relatives who insulted me with all kinds of names and I was treated like a slave to their own children.

Because of public outcry about my dehumanizing treatment, my father came to village and took me to the city. It was from fry pan to fire experience as my father's new wife was maltreating me. At a point, my father asked me to leave his house that since my arrival, he don't have peace with his wife.

I packed to the house of a relative and work in a block industry to help myself. Most times, I slept in a CAC church close to the relative house as the two-room apartment is not enough for his family. My mother never care if I was alive. She never call me nor reply to letter I sent through someone to her. I continued working in the block industry and started a part time programme. I completed the part time programme and did my NYSC and master degree. I got a job with University of Ado Ekiti with the help of a course mate, managing myself now and surprisingly my mother and father started calling me often.

Both of them have 6 children each with their respective second spouse. Mother want his son to come and live with me, I refused and my father too have been requesting for financial assistance which I also refused. I don't want to have anything to do with both of them. My father's daughter recently called me to help her with school fees, I bluntly told her to ask her mother what she did to me and caught the call. Since then, she never call.

I'm alone and have just two friends. I don't have family. All of them calling now are just looking for what to get from me, not that they care about me. My mother never call me once to ask about my welfare even when I sent my phone number to her through her relative. I wrote WAEC, completed degree course before she started calling me and it is only to request for one thing or other. I'm planning to get married without telling them and build a separate family.

Imagine if you had turned out to be a rouge, would they have been calling you. The answer is capital NO! But against all odds, you have become the man you dreamed for yourself. Now they want to come and reap where they never sowed.. hmmm this life ehnn..

But, I sensed that you are not the type that will want to pay evil with evil and has put this story here for you to be advised accordingly. To be honest those who have advised you ignore them are not wrong in entirety, as we all humans and would feel that pain of rejection.

That notwithstanding, I would advise that you forgive and let go the past but be wise about it as well. Remember the story of Joseph and his brothers bible, he subjected them to some hash treatment but later forgave them. So also make them understand your pains and ensure they apologise, then forgive ... God bless you and help you in taking the right decision.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Caseless: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:

The got to know of where I'm working. I don't know who told them. They arranged with someone I was relating with to bring them to my house. When I got Intel about it. Warned the person not to bring anyone to my house and dissociated with the person. Now they are saying I'm rich and don't want to help anyone but I don't care.
That person bringing them is an enemy too. Cut him off. Your parents are so shameless. They can even make them sack you from your job if you're not careful. They don't need you. Once you go down, they'll run away.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Oizee(f): 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
Clonepops:

Very very stupid take.... They deserve nothing from him.. Religion makes people greatly stupid sha.... Even the Bible said.. Thou shall reap why you sow
for sure they will reap what they sow, but he should forgive too.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by olaarie(m): 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
Story to gain traffic... I don't believe
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by esere826: 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

If your families action makes you a bitter person, then the christian faith teaches us to forgive. And its very important for your sanity not theirs.

But forgiving does not make you their bread winner or sustainer at all. That kind of forgiveness is based on the flesh wanting to be righteous. Your righteousness is of God, so you should be going to God in prayer if you feel hurt and telling him that you feel hurt but he should help you forgive them. He will do it for you.

You are not bound to help anyone, especially those who want a relationship with you because of money. Real families are not family only because they want something. These ones are gold diggers and you should avoid them so they dont negatively influence your kids with their wicked way of thinking.

Dont worry. In this life, the only family that you need is your God. He will give you true friends and a good family.

(Remember that forgiveness does not mean being close to someone nor giving them money. I dont know why people think it does)
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by luminouz(m): 7:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
I give up...no one wants to see what I see. Nlanders too emotionally invested and reacting violently to the extent of cursing one another over this?

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by DarkJeddi(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2020
GboyegaD:
One of the things I read here is ignorance on their part. One might be thinking he is punishing the other without recourse to jow the instrument used (you in this case) feels about it.

They have erred and deserve forgiveness. Having a relationship with them to know their person, ideology, and character flaws as a way of guiding yourself is no crime. You do not need part with your money to achieve this.
He does not need a relationship with THEM..
It NEVER EXISTED, all they want is to milk him DRY.. Let him stay FAR FAR AWAY FROM THEM..

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Seebrian(m): 8:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please find a space in your heart and forgive them. It is a plus and not minus.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Clonepops(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
luminouz:

jesus. you are fighting another dude over a fake ass story bro? shocked

OH.. You found out its fake?
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by golddare: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

1. Go ahead with your wedding plans, let your wife know your stories and agreed for a low key wedding. Get closer to God.
2. Forgive your parents and if your step siblings ask for any assistance do the one you can without killing yourself. Eg if they need 100k give them 10k, let them know how things be.
3. Dont visit the sin of your parents on them and at the same time dont loose your guards.
4. Dont let any of them stay for your house ooo.
5. Be careful and God that has taken you this far will not leave you.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Duggedised12(f): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ayt27:

I don't completely agree with you even though I get perspective. Forgiveness is nullified if you don't grant the same access pre-offence. The forgiving action is the act that builds a broken bridge.

But men! I completely get where you are coming from.
for every action there is a consequence, even bible says the wages of sin is death.

The consequence for their actions will be to loose their right over their son,in all aspects. Mind you there has to be a bridge for it to be broken,the op's parents didn't build any form of relationship which would have been the bridge in the first place.

Lets not also forget that his parents didn't ask for forgiveness ,they just automatically brought their entitled self out of the blues and think being his biological parents will earn them whatever right they think they have to him and his finances. From what the op said ,his parents are not remorseful,they just want him to carry their financial burden as their child,talk about being entitled users. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Gravy: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please do not let yourself be blackmailed or guilt tripped into forgiving or helping anybody. You owe them NOTHING. Do what makes you comfortable and pay no heard to those blackmailing you with religious quotes. Some families are a blessing why some can be a curse. Don't be surprised the moment you start associating with them, your story starts turning around for bad. They didn't mean well for you yesterday and I am sure they don't mean well for you today either.

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Mrpojj(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

I know pple will say forgive them...
But for now forget about them , work and development yourself else u will regret it don't go and carry a load not meant for you, you can not start taking care of the children of your parents from their different marriages
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by chinchonglee(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Guy Guy Guy!!!

Dnt let those two fools in ur life. Dnt even allow any of their children (your step siblings) around u. Dnt try it

The very moment u do, things will start turning around for bad till it get worst. As far as reality is concerned those pple are nt ir parent.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Clonepops(m): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2020
Oizee:
for sure they will reap what they sow, but he should forgive too.
yeah... AND EVEN carry their financial burden... Or.. No wait.. He should collect his salary and give them everything then wait for them to give him whatever they wish out of the salary... Forgive ko.. Forgive ni
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by OLAN2015: 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
Let me advise you. My wife's experience is a bit similar to yours. The parents separated too when she was about 2 or 3 years. Please, forgive them but be very very very careful and cautious with your dealings with both of them. It's obvious they want to be close to you because you are now doing fine. You are very lucky to be a man which means your future marriage or wedding is not so dependent on their involvement . It would have been a bit challenging if you were a woman. Be wise but be very blunt in your relationship with them. Never ever accept the son of your mother's new husband (step brother) to stay with you. It may be a plot to monitor your life and pass information secretly to your estranged mother. But you can help him from a distance by sending any amount you can afford . Most importantly, be very watchful and prayerful. Handle them in your prayers but forgive them in your heart. But note, forgiving wicked people doesn't mean you should let go of your guards. Be wise as a serpent but harmless as a dove. We can live at peace with evil people without compromising our safe living. Don't say because you have forgiven them , they came have easy access to your life. Have they repented? Have they confessed their past evil lives? Have they apologized to you for their wickedness? Does their present life shows pertinence, remorse, kindness, humility and other attributes of someone who has really changed? If not, just relate with them as you would do with a wicked unbeliever which is by applying wisdom and peace.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by MrNipplesLover(m): 8:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
any parents who no get hand in the life of the child they brought come this world have no single, I mean, single right to taste from the drop of the child's success.

2 Likes

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by OLAN2015: 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

Let me advise you. My wife's experience is a bit similar to yours. The parents separated too when she was about 2 or 3 years. Please, forgive them but be very very very careful and cautious with your dealings with both of them. It's obvious they want to be close to you because you are now doing fine. You are very lucky to be a man which means your future marriage or wedding is not so dependent on their involvement . It would have been a bit challenging if you were a woman. Be wise but be very blunt in your relationship with them. Never ever accept the son of your mother's new husband (step brother) to stay with you. It may be a plot to monitor your life and pass information secretly to your estranged mother. But you can help him from a distance by sending any amount you can afford . Most importantly, be very watchful and prayerful. Handle them in your prayers but forgive them in your heart. But note, forgiving wicked people doesn't mean you should let go of your guards. Be wise as a serpent but harmless as a dove. We can live at peace with evil people without compromising our safe living. Don't say because you have forgiven them , they came have easy access to your life. Have they repented? Have they confessed their past evil lives? Have they apologized to you for their wickedness? Does their present life shows pertinence, remorse, kindness, humility and other attributes of someone who has really changed? If not, just relate with them as you would do with a wicked unbeliever which is by applying wisdom and peace.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by TheCork(m): 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
dorin27:
It is well. It is never good to pay evil with evil. You can keep your distance and the same time help in the little way you can. You cannot change the fact that THEY ARE STILL YOUR PARENTS.

True. Even thou u ok, please Can u be my babe officialy? smiley
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Pearchi: 8:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
what if you died when they abandoned you,abeg forget about them,they will just drag you back to square one. people wanting to reap where they didn't sow.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by GboyegaD(m): 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
DarkJeddi:
He does not need a relationship with THEM..
It NEVER EXISTED, all they want is to milk him DRY.. Let him stay FAR FAR AWAY FROM THEM..

It is easier to advice him that because you are not in his shoes. Anyways, he alone can decide what his best option is.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Greetings Nairalanders,

They are your sperm and egg donor, not your parents.

You don't owe them shit. Ignore those telling you to forgive and forget and quoting scripture. They made thier bed, let them lie on it.

Go ahead and get married.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by ferking(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2020
I'm imagining what you went through, the suffering was tedious , your parents treated you badly.now they want to reap where they did not sow hmmmmmmmm humanly speaking I would want to tell you to pay them with their same coin of abandonment, which is natural, but for your own good and the sake of your generations unborn try hard to let the past to be the past.face today and tomorrow. God want to use you to teach them a lesson, accept to be the teacher.
don't pay evil for evil for it is not Godly.but rather pay good for evil for it is God-like.by doing so God will bless you the more and protect you.i would like to give you a call.flash me with this 08035819348. thank you my dear friend.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Oizee(f): 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
Obynolee:

The concluding part got me,"don't commit sin out of plain ",what do you mean exactly, what sin?,what moral right do they have to call him," son"?.Is he indebted to them, how?.
honestly I understand his pain, showing kindness to our parent is mandatory on us, irrespective of what they might have done.
One thing is sure, they are already regretting, especially d mother. They will surely reap what they sow. Let d guy forgive. Forgiveness usually brings peace of mind.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by MrHighSea: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
Forgive them. Yes

Talk to them when they call. Briefly

Give them money. No

This life could be simple.

The only investment some parent have is the children. But, they treat them like Northern LGA workers handle their jobs.
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Cashalhaji: 8:10pm On Sep 19, 2020
This is so deep indeed.

Well, forgive them but just do only what u can afford to ... No stress or heavy pamper, just fulfill righteousness
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Motirayo2018(f): 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
This is what my daughters are going through.
Though am there for them has their mother but their father has abandon them.
I pray to God to give me long life so I can be able to take good care of them..

Am struggling mum but I will never abandon my children .I will ensure I gave them good education.

Yoruba adage says.bi ishin obala omoinu gbodola.

To the op forgive them and take care of them. Two wrong don't make a right

1 Like

Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by Gravy: 8:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
OLAN2015:
While I understand where u are coming from don't you think he is better off totally cutting them off? What will he loose by so doing?
Re: What Will You Do If You Have My Kind Of Parents? by dalass(f): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
ALVA001:

Allah says: وقضى ربك ألا تعبدوا إلا إياه وبالوالدين إحسانا...
The above means: Verily Allah has ordained that you worship him alone and to your parents show kindness...
Therefore my advice to you is to fulfil your responsibility to your parents. As you have right to them, they have right to you. Mutually independent rights. They may have failed at theirs, Allah will ask/judge them, don't fail at yours. Leave the judgement to God, don't be the judge. My advice for you is to approach your parents, seek their forgiveness for earlier misdeed on your path, and begin your responsibility. This is hard but walohi, it's the best thing to do.
They are your parents, nothing will ever change that. We also offend God and he forgives. Do right by them so that your days may be long.

My brother, thank you and that's correct... The man just got job and they're shameless enough to come to him.... They will finish him. He's got 12 siblings!!! Plus dad and mom, total 14 in one man's neck!

Let him build more and render help as he sees fit else he will be poor as anything with that kind of load..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (18) (Reply)

My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage / 19-Year-Old Brazilian Lady Gives Birth To Twins With 2 Different Fathers (Pix) / My Husband Pours "Anointing Oil" In My Vagina Before Sex- Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.