Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? (47386 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by chukwuibuipob: 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
sad
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kk
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by originalprof: 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2020
Missis:
Sorry for long post by the way, thanks for reading and responding.
LET ME SHOCK YOU I NOT DID NOT READ 1 THING OO..Soorrryyy oooo
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by mariahAngel(f): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
Giving should not be conditional.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by yeezyquan(m): 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
Comments on this thread are quite shocking

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by bluefilm: 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2020
Missis:
Assuming you are married to a man who works as self employed selling some wholesale items that fetch him 70k every month and you have three kids with him.

Meanwhile you the wife work in a private institution earning 60k as well as selling things online that fetch very little like 10k to 15k everymonth.

So you have adviced him to get something else doing to augment your joint income because the money both of you make is barely enough for both of you and three children. You suggest you both need to add more sources of income to your present jobs to move ahead in life and advance, send your children to better schools, maybe build a house, to just upgrade yourselves generally.

So after suggesting different jobs for him he refused to do anything else except his wholesale business because he believes one day he will suddenly make it big from selling his market.

You give up and start your own third business which is part time catering and start making some considerable amount of money from it so you buy new clothes, shoes, nice snacks for your kids from time to time.

Your husband sees all this and tells you to also buy gifts for him from your 'plenty' money. Tells you to not buy new things for only your kids but you should buy also add his own.

How will you react please?

This isn't a made up story please. It's very true, I just want to know if the way I responded was reasonable or if I was wrong.

They can never change.

You start making more money than him and all of a sudden you start considering buying him snacks as such a very big deal.

I pity you, seriously.

15 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Adedotguy: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
angry
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by bros12345: 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
Wonderful responses. Seems there's still enough reasonable women today.

13 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by pafra(m): 9:52pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ok
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
Gloriagee:
He sounds entitled in my opinion
They are here

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by nick50(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
Michelle55:
Before the kids, he came first. He was your first baby and therefore needs a little pamper and then a nudge to set him in the right direction you want him to follow.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in buying him gifts from your profits, trust me, those little gestures from you might just be what he needs to take up the challenge of sourcing for another source of income, and everything for life no be gragra or fight. There are some things your wisdom and insight can solve.

Men are babies as well and deserve to be pampered, they ain't meant to suffer till they die while providing for the family, God gave you to him for this singular reason, help him harness his potentials, he is lazy and can't seem to think ahead and the reason you are there in his life is to help him see what he can't see, but you are expected to do it politely and lovingly.

So there's nothing to react here my sister, he's your first baby before the mini ones started popping out so treat him right.

Your sweet gestures and nudge will help reset his thinking faculty!!
..God! I never knew that women like u still exists.. God bless you abundantly in

11 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Danzakidakura(m): 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
Wow, I now have different view about nairaland ladies, you girls are the best. The Op was expecting them to tell her don't buy anything for him.from her turn you will know she will disrespect her hubby as her income increases.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by MMXX: 9:53pm On Sep 19, 2020
What's wrong with women this days sef..what if he failed to listen and you're now thriving in your new biz..He should be ignored because you now earn even more.

oh come off it!!

Nothing sanctimonious about marriage this days,more like a transactionary phase(like some niggas insists)

For someone you call your husband why not.

what happened to for better or for worst..I'm disappointed in you woman! smh

8 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by dingbang(m): 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
Gloriagee:
this one.. I dont understand what is operating you grin

5 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by XXXXTENTACION: 9:54pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ehen cheesy If you truly love a man you should be ready to sacrifice for him undecided nothing wrong in buying him gifts he is a human being and deserves love too. undecided
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Giantfarmer(m): 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2020
my dear I just hope you will heed the advice of all those who have commented ....he is your first love without him the children won't have come... treat him just all the love too

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by noblealuu: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
Missis:
Assuming you are married to a man who works as self employed selling some wholesale items that fetch him 70k every month and you have three kids with him.

Meanwhile you the wife work in a private institution earning 60k as well as selling things online that fetch very little like 10k to 15k everymonth.

So you have adviced him to get something else doing to augment your joint income because the money both of you make is barely enough for both of you and three children. You suggest you both need to add more sources of income to your present jobs to move ahead in life and advance, send your children to better schools, maybe build a house, to just upgrade yourselves generally.

So after suggesting different jobs for him he refused to do anything else except his wholesale business because he believes one day he will suddenly make it big from selling his market.

You give up and start your own third business which is part time catering and start making some considerable amount of money from it so you buy new clothes, shoes, nice snacks for your kids from time to time.

Your husband sees all this and tells you to also buy gifts for him from your 'plenty' money. Tells you to not buy new things for only your kids but you should buy also add his own.

This isn't a made up story please. It's very true, I just want to know if the way I responded was reasonable or if I was wrong.

If you responded very derogatorily to him, you had better go apologize to him.

6 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by dingbang(m): 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
I am surprised that the premier comments from ladies made sense.. from page two down you will soon start seeing stupid comments from ladies who dont have sense.. I am even looking forward to a comment from a popular female nlder. I am sure she will never dissapoint with her zigzag opinion

6 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Missssii: 9:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
Missis:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought the point of starting a third business was to have enough money to secure the future. What’s with the gifts and nice things? That money should be saved and be frugally spent to ensure you both have enough for a rainy day.

I’m very skeptical about a man who is fine with manning just one business but wants “gifts” from his wife’s third stream of income. That’s very off and unmotivated. I personally will not be happy running three businesses when we can both manage five or even six. Nigeria is too tough to not diversify funds and hustle at every given opportunity.

I love it when couples build together and I’ll suggest you both sit down and put that money in a place where you both can not access it for now. So that it can be used for a building project for the family or the ever increasing cost of education for the kids. Also, speak calmly and let him know you believe in him but he needs to try out another business in addition to his own. You can tell him Dangote produces salt, juice and cement at the same time. Don’t be confrontational but be loving and firm.

This is my opinion which you are very free to discard.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Dalby(m): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
Missis:

He could have been joking when he said it...

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by bukolabeauty09(f): 9:57pm On Sep 19, 2020
Where Love exist there is nothing bad in buying things for your hubby.
I still buy things for my husband even with the little amount I earn and it is not like I expected him to buy for me in return.
Even without the husband asking, the wife should buy him gifts on some special occasions and also some surprise gifts.

My money is my husband's money. wink

11 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Saintinoo(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
Missis:

Just tell us you are the person in this situation, what is it with the assumption and assumptions, are we in mathematics and economics class?

Well, no vex, i have nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by merieam16(f): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2020
Gloriagee:
lik seriously, buh i guess the guy was joking wen he said " buy my own gift too " cos i dont want to believe he said it purposefully
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Sep 19, 2020
Please buy after all he is bringing something to the table in his own way let your husband follow his passion
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by julybaba(m): 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2020
just imagine he is one of your children, and buy him what he want.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
Olunmercy56:
I'll definitely buy it for him. He will be glad to take those gifts from me, our children will be happy to. I don't see anything wrong in that, since he is not lazy
Good girls like this I won't see them
It is those send me 2k for t-fare I'll be jamming
Oh God ma life nor balance
Sorry this life nor balance embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Prettychild(f): 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
Missis:

Nothing wrong. Generally, both parties are to buy gifts for each other na
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Muslimsworldng: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
That your husband na benefit boy
Missis:

4 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Iamikeokwu(m): 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2020
Pls nothing is bad

Come to think of it wife can tell her husband to buy her new gift and husband will smile and buy the gift

Bt ur husband ask u to get him gift u dey ask us how can u react to his word

4 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by fineboynl(m): 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
any man that need peace of mind should get a complete house wife. outside of this na management.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Iamikeokwu(m): 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Pls nothing is bad

Come to think of it wife can tell her husband to buy her new gift and husband will smile and buy the gift

Bt ur husband ask u to get him gift u dey ask us how can u react to his word

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo / Namibian Man Creates Baby Saver Box For Unplanned Pregnancy And Unwanted Babies / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.