Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? (47387 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Alennsar(f): 8:22am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

He isn’t entitled, he is a USER! The only reason guys are not seeing it is because he is a MAN.

That is why I pity women who use emotions to follow Nigerian men. You will stress yourself and help him save money. Money he will use to pursue girls that haven’t stressed away their youthfulness and feminity.

OP had a baby last year and here she is, doing 3 jobs to provide for herself and kids. I can imagine her blouse dropping off her shoulders. She has been seriously complaining of this same husband. He doesn’t give her money, except she asks and he doesn’t buy her gifts. She also stated that she is beginning to resent him and that is not surprising. Any man that allows his wife/woman do what OP is doing, would definitely get RESENTED. She might succeed in hiding her disgust, but the passive aggressiveness would be there.

Men provide for women because men expect women to have kids, take care of the home, submit, support, position in bed...etc. It is not because they are nice. The only nice man is your father!! After him, if you don’t behave well to a Nigerian husband, you go collect.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Alennsar(f): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

He isn’t entitled, he is a USER! The only reason guys are not seeing it is because he is a MAN.

That is why I pity women who use emotions to follow Nigerian men. You will stress yourself and help him save money. Money he will use to pursue girls that haven’t stressed away their youthfulness and feminity.

OP had a baby last year and here she is, doing 3 jobs to provide for herself and kids. I can imagine her blouse dropping off her shoulders. She has been seriously complaining of this same husband. He doesn’t give her money, except she asks and he doesn’t buy her gifts. She also stated that she is beginning to resent him and that is not surprising. Any man that allows his wife/woman do what OP is doing, would definitely get RESENTED. She might succeed in hiding her disgust, but the passive aggressiveness would be there.

Men provide for women because men expect women to have kids, take care of the home, submit, support, position in bed...etc. It is not because they are nice. The only nice man is your father!! After him, if you don’t behave well to a Nigerian husband, you go collect.

Ayiiiii. If this is the case then I don't see any reason for her to start buying gifts for her husband, he should kindly buy himself a gift from the money he refused to spend on his wife and children.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 8:30am On Sep 20, 2020
Missis:
Sorry for long post by the way, thanks for reading and responding.
now you want to mock your husband, if you wish to buy things for him do, if you don't want to, leave it, you're his wife that's why he ask, did you even find out while he has refused to add other source? Weather the current one is time demanding? You should just be grateful you have husband in the first place
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by grim33(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2020
The fact that you open this trend tells me something about you.

How many things have this man in question done for you without thinking?

Just because you have some money now and he asks you just this one time according to your own story, you come Nairaland open trend. Hmmm men done sofa no be small.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 20, 2020
LINTUNE:
im sure u are talking about zzor
You are not afraid of thunder abi
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by pocohantas(f): 8:34am On Sep 20, 2020
nahzyla:

@last paragraph, that is so true.
OP did not give full details of how her marriage is that is why she is now receiving mumu advice from women who think marriage is Telemundo or Korean love series.

Hhahahahaha, leave them. When the NL accolades are over, body go tell them. You want to be the woman and the man at the same time.

Give him, give him. They should collect her account number and support her before she drops dead. grin grin grin

Sagefromtheeast:

You spend too much time on nairaland. While I perceive you have a good head on your shoulders, I hope what you do here doesn't spill into your real life.
It'd be a total mess.

Oga Accurate Time-keeper, what I spill here is what it is and my life is FINE!!! I am not the one working three jobs to feed a grown man!! There is no single part of me that wants to be your favourite NL wife-material. It ends in TEARS and STRESS. Just like OP is already crying. Lmao!!

Alennsar:

Ayiiiii. If this is the case then I don't see any reason for her to start buying gifts for her husband, he should kindly buy himself a gift from the money he refused to spend on his wife and children.

Of course they have a history. A woman who works 3 jobs to provide for her kids wouldn’t just wake up to start asking this question. It is obvious she is getting sick and tired of the way things have been.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nairaboi(m): 8:44am On Sep 20, 2020
Gloriagee:
He sounds entitled in my opinion
Na dem be this .. .
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nairaboi(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2020
Gloriagee:
He sounds entitled in my opinion
crackhaus Na dem be this .. .

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by nahzyla: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Hhahahahaha, leave them. When the NL accolades are over, body go tell them. You want to be the woman and the man at the same time.

Oga Accurate Timekeeper, what I spill here is what it is and my life is FINE!!! I am not the one working three jobs to feed a grown man!! There is no single part of me that wants to be your favourite NL wife-material. It ends in TEARS and STRESS. Just like OP is already crying. Lmao!!

@accurate time keeper grin

This is why I don't bother myself with gender equality battles on Nairaland, many women are DELUSIONAL!

They don't understand how men reason and will never understand but rather deceive themselves. I am 100% sure if a man was in OP shoes no single man will support and encourage buying gifts but nairaland girls want praise and want to look like wife material without knowing how life works. A man that should be breadwinner is demanding his wife buy gifts like a sugar mummy with all the stress she is facing and women are here typing nonsense.
Only when women are taking bad treatment and sacrificing heaven and earth that they are wife material. If a man sacrifices like that for his wife he will be mocked.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by kevotek1000(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2020
Michelle55:
Before the kids, he came first. He was your first baby and therefore needs a little pamper and then a nudge to set him in the right direction you want him to follow.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in buying him gifts from your profits, trust me, those little gestures from you might just be what he needs to take up the challenge of sourcing for another source of income, and everything for life no be gragra or fight. There are some things your wisdom and insight can solve.

Men are babies as well and deserve to be pampered, they ain't meant to suffer till they die while providing for the family, God gave you to him for this singular reason, help him harness his potentials, he is lazy and can't seem to think ahead and the reason you are there in his life is to help him see what he can't see, but you are expected to do it politely and lovingly.

So there's nothing to react here my sister, he's your first baby before the mini ones started popping out so treat him right.

Your sweet gestures and nudge will help reset his thinking faculty!!

You are very matured woman... I love the way you nailed it. Very correct
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Gloriagee(f): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2020
She sacrifices by working 3 jobs and the house chores. It cant be that difficult to understand. Assuming, he were supportive it won't be a big deal to her to buy him gifts like shoes and clothes for the children. Does he help with her online biz? Does he hold forte while she has to do her catering runs? The mere fact that she has to create a thread should give you an idea that she doesn't think he deserves a gift. Also, go through her thread history and show some empathy.

sapporo:

why not stick to the story and put sentiment asides, Op might av insinuate making more money buh she insinuated anytin that relates to sacrifice, there collective income sustains d family , also from her story her xtra income are spent on herself & kids. that a woman makes more money doesnt mean she foot more of d bills sometimes grin
sacrifice is what you forgo @ your very own detriment just to make someone happy .... so from all what Op said where did she sacrifice for d man, if she buys c'mon mr biggs snacks for her children n can't include her husband what sacrifice could she possibly made. if my wife comes home every day buyin eatables 4 d kids & herself, i will joking remind her am her baby tew .. no hard feelings that is how it should be. speaking of gift i don't see why OP needs to open a thread or she planning to buy him a car or house. gift could be boxers & byc singlet

4 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Gloriagee(f): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2020
Yes o, awa ni yen.

Nairaboi:

Na dem be this .. .

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hullabaloon: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2020
emmyN:

Don't be so fast cheesy. There is a bandwagon effect on nairaland; the first few comments determine where the tide faces, only until someone is bold enough to break it. That aside, we all know ladies on nairaland are only "effeminist" when they use the site cheesy.

You are absolutely correct on the bandwagon thing. I've observed it severally on this forum

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Brosbeforehoes: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2020
Michelle55:
Before the kids, he came first. He was your first baby and therefore needs a little pamper and then a nudge to set him in the right direction you want him to follow.

There's absolutely nothing wrong in buying him gifts from your profits, trust me, those little gestures from you might just be what he needs to take up the challenge of sourcing for another source of income, and everything for life no be gragra or fight. There are some things your wisdom and insight can solve.

Men are babies as well and deserve to be pampered, they ain't meant to suffer till they die while providing for the family, God gave you to him for this singular reason, help him harness his potentials, he is lazy and can't seem to think ahead and the reason you are there in his life is to help him see what he can't see, but you are expected to do it politely and lovingly.

So there's nothing to react here my sister, he's your first baby before the mini ones started popping out so treat him right.

respect shocked cool
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by dingbang(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2020
Gloriagee:
She sacrifices by working 3 jobs and the house chores. It cant be that difficult to understand. Assuming, he were supportive it won't be a big deal to her to buy him gifts like shoes and clothes for the children. Does he help with her online biz? Does he hold forte while she has to do her catering runs? The mere fact that she has to create a thread should give you an idea that she doesn't think he deserves a gift. Also, go through her thread history and show some empathy.

and she doesn't deserve a husband.. Maybe if she can't water her garden, God will take it away from her and give it to another woman who has wisdom and love.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by pocohantas(f): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2020
nahzyla:

This is why I don't bother myself with gender equality battles on Nairaland, many women are DELUSIONAL!

They don't understand how men reason and will never understand but rather deceive themselves. I am 100% sure if a man was in OP shoes no single man will support and encourage buying gifts but nairaland girls want praise and want to look like wife material without knowing how life works. A man that should be breadwinner is demanding his wife buy gifts like a sugar mummy with all the stress she is facing and women are here typing nonsense.
Only when women are taking bad treatment and sacrificing heaven and earth that they are wife material. If a man sacrifices like that for his wife he will be mocked.

Lol. Yes na, he is accurate time-keeper. I wonder why he thinks I care. cheesy

Few weeks back there was a thread on a man complaining of his unenterprising wife. He was asked to cut off the source. Make her understand lack, that way she is gingered to work. Men give themselves the best advice because men love peace way more than women. I like them for that and the only advice I apply from a man is that which he would have given another man. grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by harley88(m): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2020
Michelle55:

100 years if blessings for you
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Edemoski(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2020
Though the issue seeks for ladies opinion, permit me to contribute. My suggestions are:
1. Pamper him, get him gifts if you can, all these little things matters too to a man.
2. The fact that he's so convinced that he'll make it one day through his whole sale business makes it clear that he has choosen a niche, instead of adding other stream of income which might distract his dreams, help him to stand tall in the wholesale business.
3. You can achieve 2 by suggesting that he gets an online presence for his goods, like jiji, facebook, instagram even here on nairaland, the list is endless, if possible get an android phone and do that for him, then watch him grow gradually to a major wholesale dealer and beyond.
4. Take care of your home with love ❤️ and Wisdom, pray for insight too. God bless you and us nairalanders abundantly. Happy Sunday to you.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Gloriagee(f): 9:06am On Sep 20, 2020
She doesn't deserve an entitled husband. Nobody does.

Now twist this, a man works full time, has an online biz and still does uber all weekend. Now he can afford to buy essentials like shoes and clothes for the kids, who grow rapidly by the way. Sometimes, he buys snacks. Now his wife who shouts on him in front of friends from uni and always forgets his birthday is demanding a gift, maybe an 18 inch Brazilian weave. To yourself be true, what will your response be

N if he obliges, wont he be termed a simp? Just asking

dingbang:
and she doesn't deserve a husband.. Maybe if she can't water her garden, God will take it away from her and give it to another woman who has wisdom and love.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by nahzyla: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Few weeks back there was a thread on a man complaining of his unenterprising wife. He was asked to cut off the source. Make her understand lack, that way she is gingered to work. Men give themselves the best advice because men love peace way more than women. I like them for that and the only advice I apply from a man is that which he would have given another man. grin grin

You see am? grin

Unenterprising wife should be punished but unenterprising husband deserve gifts

I no fit laugh abeg grin

3 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Timekeeper: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Yes na, he is accurate Tim..ekeeper. I wonder why he thinks I care. cheesy

Pls can U stop mentioning me?

It's tiring

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Timekeeper: 9:14am On Sep 20, 2020
nahzyla:

It's tiring
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by jeff1993: 9:15am On Sep 20, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck
Niggarr!!

The main reason niggarrs got to step up the hustle.

I can't overemphasize the need for niggarrs to hustle.

Hustle o! So if tomorrow reach, you no go come nairaland dey open yeye thread on woman buying things for you as a man.

You dey give the woman power to ridicule you be that.

E be things o!

I go open account for you for Meet Me at 5k worth of BTC. Pm me if your interested.

For the last time, my people make una hustle o! Even girls dey bomb now. Make girl dey ask for update and you boy dey beg online.

Level up!!
..... reason with me bro.... I go like yarn one or two things via email
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by midolian(m): 9:19am On Sep 20, 2020
Alennsar:

I don't think it's shameful to ask your wife for a gift, the same way the wife ask their husband's for gifts.
It's a vice versa thing if you ask me and there's probably nothing bad in reciprocating your husband love and generosity.
#MyOpinionThough#
You don't get the point I am trying to make dear. I also ask my wife for gifts..but the situation is different. By the grace of God we are both okay financially.

From the wife's post, you will notice there is hardly enough to buy these gifts..She is only doing it because the kids really need it. I think it is out of place for the husband to insist on getting same treatment as the kids, especially in their current condition.

Insisting is what I have a big problem with. it the wife chooses to buy out of her own volition, Fine.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by simplepee(f): 9:20am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

OP is a virtuous woman, try and be like her. Abi you no want NL horseband?
I want o.

Horseband needed urgently, I can cook, I can work 5 jobs and I can buy gifts, interested persons should dm me I'm getting old please.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by pocohantas(f): 9:21am On Sep 20, 2020
Timekeeper:

It's tiring

Lol. You never sell this your phone? You should also show the battery health. That is very important too.

simplepee:
I want o.

Horseband needed urgently, I can cook, I can work 5 jobs and I can buy gifts, interested persons should dm me I'm getting old please.

You will definitely get one on NL. Na your type them like. Add submissiveness to it and you are good to go. A nurturing virtuous woman, who can resist? grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Timekeeper: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2020
angry sad angry angry last warning.. No more typing of Timekeep.. er pls

pocohantas:

Lol. You never sell this your phone? You should also show the battery health. That is very important too.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2020
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by simplepee(f): 9:25am On Sep 20, 2020
pocohantas:

You will definitely get one on NL. Na your type them like. Add submissiveness to it and you are good to go. A nurturing virtuous woman, who can resist? grin grin
Lmao. Ok I will add that, thanks for the tip.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Gloriagee(f): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2020
God, you are a guy and you're being truthful. How can a man be demanding gifts in such a situation? I'm a woman too and try to make reasonable requests from my spouse. If she chooses to, fine. Last year's birthday I declined expensive gifts cos of school fees. There's also rent. Waoh!

But if this will break her home,
buy a gift n keep moving.

midolian:
You don't get the point I am trying to make dear. I also ask my wife for gifts..but the situation is different. By the grace of God we are both okay financially.

From the wife's post, you will notice there is hardly enough to buy these gifts..She is only doing it because the kids really need it. I think it is out of place for the husband to insist on getting same treatment as the kids, especially in their current condition.

Insisting is what I have a big problem with. it the wife chooses to buy out of her own volition, Fine.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by crackhaus: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2020
Oselu28:

The other group did not show up ooo
Hehehehe, look well... cheesy
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by crackhaus: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2020
Nairaboi:

crackhaus
Na dem be this .. .
As expected... cheesy

By their usernames, you shall know them.
They're not even complete yet...

More please, more grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo / Namibian Man Creates Baby Saver Box For Unplanned Pregnancy And Unwanted Babies / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.