Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? (47388 Views)

Please Married Nairalanders, What Would You Do In This Situation? / Ladies What Would You Do If Your Mother In Law Did This? / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by sapporo: 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
cococandy:
I thought I was in the twilight some reading the 1st and second pages.

The thread was overcome by people praising others for their comments rather than actually seeing the issue in OPs financial condition.

1) nothing wrong with her buying him gifts . I always encourage generosity. In fact I wonder why she bought for herself and the kids and excluded him in the first place . She could have either bought for everyone or no one at all. Or just buy for the kids alone.

2) I was thinking people would advice her to stick to her financial goals instead of using the third income as something to play with.

3) why does anyone thinks it’s okay for her to be managing 3 sources of income (I’m willing to bet she’s the primary home keeper as well) while he’s satisfied with his one source?

Coco i am shocked we could be on the page, candy fall on you MRS
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Iamikeokwu(m): 1:57pm On Sep 20, 2020
ecomalchemist:

Women are the most irrational creatures on the face of planet Earth.

Tell me abt it
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by LINTUNE(m): 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2020
cheesy
Zzor:
You are not afraid of thunder abi
;d..i was not the one that mentioned u na..lol
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 20, 2020
LINTUNE:
cheesy ;d..i was not the one that mentioned u na..lol
he didn't mention me,you did
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by LINTUNE(m): 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
Zzor:
he didn't mention me,you did
ok fine..sorry about that..., when i read that comment , picture of u ass just popped out in my head cheesy
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2020
LINTUNE:
ok fine..sorry about that..., when i read that comment , picture of u ass just popped out in my head cheesy
see this small boy smh
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by LINTUNE(m): 2:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
Zzor:
see this small boy smh
chai..me small boy..its alright...damn need to swallow my redpill for today, seems have backslidden..no quote me again o angry
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2020
LINTUNE:
chai..me small boy..its alright...damn need to swallow my redpill for today, seems have backslidden..no quote me again o angry
are you not a small boy?you too have began seeing what your mates are supposed to turn blind eye to
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by okunwaye(m): 3:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
[color=#990000][/color]
Burstscam:
Miserable life of a man

From kindergarten, a boy gives his candy to little girls
He becomes a teenager and start buying presents for girls with his launch money
He becomes older and start giving his girlfriend, his siblings and his parents
When he marries, he gives, first, his wife, then his children, then his parents, then his in-laws, then his extended families.
In the end he has little or nothing left for himself.

Yet he doesn't complain.

Madam, receive sense, I beg you. Your husband knows that consistency and resilience pays off in the end. In the meantime, being more buoyant than him, be the source of his Joy and wnmotivation and stop being selfish.
bros na only your life they follow that pattern. no be only buy sweet for girl angry
Burstscam:
Miserable life of a man

From kindergarten, a boy gives his candy to little girls
He becomes a teenager and start buying presents for girls with his launch money
He becomes older and start giving his girlfriend, his siblings and his parents
When he marries, he gives, first, his wife, then his children, then his parents, then his in-laws, then his extended families.
In the end he has little or nothing left for himself.

Yet he doesn't complain.

Madam, receive sense, I beg you. Your husband knows that consistency and resilience pays off in the end. In the meantime, being more buoyant than him, be the source of his Joy and wnmotivation and stop being selfish.
bros na only your life they follow that pattern. no be only buy sweet for girl
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Hathor5:

You are missing the point. She is working three jobs because he has refused to up his hustle waiting for a miracle to happen. How can a man, in a society where you consider yourselves the providers and protectors, watch his wife work three jobs and instead of being worried about the impact the work load will have on her health, ask for gifts because she bought the kids snacks. undecided

Has anyone acknowledged this woman's vision and plan for a better future? You should all pray for a wife who thinks of building with you instead of asking you to spend on her wigs and nails. But no! Mr. wants gifts because she got the kids some snacks. undecided
Nobody is disputing the woman's vision towards the family. All I am saying that, men have been taking care of their jobless wives and buying all kinds of gifts ( even the obvious lazy wives) without complaining. Why must this woman be selfish when it comes to gifting her hubby? You can imagine what that man will suffer in her hands, God forbid his shop get buggled and he lost everything. That op is simply selfish. Simple!!
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 4:22pm On Sep 20, 2020
ClixMaster:
Nobody is disputing the woman's vision towards the family. All I am saying that, men have been taking care of their jobless wives and buying all kinds of gifts ( even the obvious lazy wives) without complaining. Why must this woman be selfish when it comes to gifting her hubby? You can imagine what that man will suffer in her hands, God forbid his shop get buggled and he lost everything. That op is simply selfish. Simple!!

So now it's the man who is suffering? What is he suffering? Seeing his kids being pampered a little bit?
The wife is not suffering working three jobs?
And isn't it a man's job to provide for the family or have I missed a cultural revolution?

4 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2020
Missis:
Assuming you are married to a man who works as self employed selling some wholesale items that fetch him 70k every month and you have three kids with him.

Meanwhile you the wife work in a private institution earning 60k as well as selling things online that fetch very little like 10k to 15k everymonth.

So you have adviced him to get something else doing to augment your joint income because the money both of you make is barely enough for both of you and three children. You suggest you both need to add more sources of income to your present jobs to move ahead in life and advance, send your children to better schools, maybe build a house, to just upgrade yourselves generally.

So after suggesting different jobs for him he refused to do anything else except his wholesale business because he believes one day he will suddenly make it big from selling his market.

You give up and start your own third business which is part time catering and start making some considerable amount of money from it so you buy new clothes, shoes, nice snacks for your kids from time to time.

Your husband sees all this and tells you to also buy gifts for him from your 'plenty' money. Tells you to not buy new things for only your kids but you should buy also add his own.

How will you react please?

This isn't a made up story please. It's very true, I just want to know if the way I responded was reasonable or if I was wrong.
Marriage is between two persons. Family involves more. Your partner must always be under consideration, if you really desire to enjoy your MARRIAGE
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by motta(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2020
LordOfSamosa how far with the firstbank
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by iInjureHerYansh: 5:45pm On Sep 20, 2020
Gloriagee:
He sounds entitled in my opinion
why won't he sound entitled.. As that's how your brain processes it.... Pukes angry
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by LedRock: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
As predicted by many on this thread, the toxic women came in the second page of the thread.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by eyinjuege: 7:36pm On Sep 21, 2020
Na wah o.
You make some money, buy things for your children and yourself and you feel your husband doesn't deserve anything? Why so selfish?
That's your partner ffs.
Abi una get fight before ni? Unless you guys have fight before o, that you've refused to settle pls buy presents for your partner if you can afford to, even if it's singlet and boxers grin
And I'm sure you would expect him to buy you presents if he makes a windfall in his own business.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by eyinjuege: 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2020
Hathor5:

You are missing the point. She is working three jobs because he has refused to up his hustle waiting for a miracle to happen. How can a man, in a society where you consider yourselves the providers and protectors, watch his wife work three jobs and instead of being worried about the impact the work load will have on her health, ask for gifts because she bought the kids snacks. undecided

Has anyone acknowledged this woman's vision and plan for a better future? You should all pray for a wife who thinks of building with you instead of asking you to spend on her wigs and nails. But no! Mr. wants gifts because she got the kids some snacks. undecided

Yes, she has a vision and goals for her family which are commendable, however she can still always add his name in the "nice" snacks when buying for the children. It wouldn't cost much. The extra 500 naira or 1K isn't something she should open a thread about.
How can you decide to go to a sharwama spot or suya spot and buy only for the children. Adults no dey chop suya?
If you make any success or progress in your business, your immediate family should feel the impact first and that includes your partner, so its not out of place for him to feel somehow if she doesn't include him in the nice snacks.
I'm sure he wouldn't ask for presents and treats too if she just included him in, afterall he's part of the family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Hathor5(f): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2020
eyinjuege:

Yes, she has a vision and goals for her family which are commendable, however she can still always add his name in the "nice" snacks when buying for the children. It wouldn't cost much. The extra 500 naira or 1K isn't something she should open a thread about.
How can you decide to go to a sharwama spot or suya spot and buy only for the children. Adults no dey chop suya?
If you make any success or progress in your business, your immediate family should feel the impact first and that includes your partner, so its not out of place for him to feel somehow if she doesn't include him in the nice snacks.
I'm sure he wouldn't ask for presents and treats too if she just included him in, afterall he's part of the family.

It's funny how you people make it all about gifts and snacks. Keep it up, it amuses me.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by proclinician: 8:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
bluefilm:

They can never change.

You start making more money than him and all of a sudden you start considering buying him snacks as such a very big deal.

I pity you, seriously.

God save us from this kind wife oo seriously it's not funny.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by bukatyne(f): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2020
Missis:
Assuming you are married to a man who works as self employed selling some wholesale items that fetch him 70k every month and you have three kids with him.

Meanwhile you the wife work in a private institution earning 60k as well as selling things online that fetch very little like 10k to 15k everymonth.

So you have adviced him to get something else doing to augment your joint income because the money both of you make is barely enough for both of you and three children. You suggest you both need to add more sources of income to your present jobs to move ahead in life and advance, send your children to better schools, maybe build a house, to just upgrade yourselves generally.

So after suggesting different jobs for him he refused to do anything else except his wholesale business because he believes one day he will suddenly make it big from selling his market.

You give up and start your own third business which is part time catering and start making some considerable amount of money from it so you buy new clothes, shoes, nice snacks for your kids from time to time.

Your husband sees all this and tells you to also buy gifts for him from your 'plenty' money. Tells you to not buy new things for only your kids but you should buy also add his own.

This isn't a made up story please. It's very true, I just want to know if the way I responded was reasonable or if I was wrong.

I went through a few pages of the thread and when I started seeing funny posts, checked your other topics and read the OP again:

If I were to take your threads at face value, you have serious issues with your husband that buying gifts or lack of would not solve.

To this issue, you said your joint finances of N145k monthly is not enough for a family of five.

Have you done a comprehensive monthly budget and shown him that the family needs to increase the source of income to meet up with your needs and save for the future? Thereafter, have you drawn up a plan of feasible things he can do to augment his income? Are there business tips you can give him to expand his current wholesale business? Are there some things you can cut expenses in?

To be honest, a full time job + online business + catering + running the home is a recipe for burn out and disaster.

You wouldn't be useful to yourself, your husband and your kids. You would also be resentful and unable to pamper yourself as a woman to nurture your soft, supple side.

Work on long term solutions to improve the relationship with your husband: the disrespect, the nonchalant attitude and the reluctance to improve your financial situation.

@Gifts: I think you should reduce the gifts
(instant gratification) and think more of getting yourself to a more financially empowered state.

Once in a rare while, buy stuff for the whole family: a bottle of non-alcoholic wine, a cup of ice-cream, a piece of fruit cake etc. that would create experiences in addition to entertainment.

Goodluck.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by bluefilm: 8:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
proclinician:

God save us from this kind wife oo seriously it's not funny.

I dey tell you.

One moment you think you married an angel and everything is all good.

And then the next moment, you realise you only married a Jezebel.

Chukwu ekwekwana Ife ojo. angry
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by angelfallz(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2020
bukatyne:

I went through a few pages of the thread and when I started seeing funny posts, checked your other topics and read the OP again:

If I were to take your threads at face value, you have serious issues with your husband that buying gifts or lack of would not solve.

To this issue, you said your joint finances of N145k monthly is not enough for a family of five.

Have you done a comprehensive monthly budget and shown him that the family needs to increase the source of income to meet up with your needs and save for the future? Thereafter, have you drawn up a plan of feasible things he can do to augment his income? Are there business tips you can give him to expand his current wholesale business? Are there some things you can cut expenses in?

To be honest, a full time job + online business + catering + running the home is a recipe for burn out and disaster.

You wouldn't be useful to yourself, your husband and your kids. You would also be resentful and unable to pamper yourself as a woman to nurture your soft, supple side.

Work on long term solutions to improve the relationship with your husband: the disrespect, the nonchalant attitude and the reluctance to improve your financial situation.

@Gifts: I think you should reduce the gifts
(instant gratification) and think more of getting yourself to a more financially empowered state.

Once in a rare while, buy stuff for the whole family: a bottle of non-alcoholic wine, a cup of ice-cream, a piece of fruit cake etc. that would create experiences in addition to entertainment.

Goodluck.

The way you think, I sometimes find it hard to believe you're a lady.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:00am On Sep 22, 2020
cooooooks:
Is it not a partnership.

What if he was making more? Would you be asking this same question?

It isn't about him not making more. It's his refusal to want to make more. Look at it logically.

I can bet she's not too happy running 3 businesses at once because the husband refused to run 2. If he had accepted the proposal to augment his source of income, this issue won't come up.

1 Like

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:14am On Sep 22, 2020
Sandypearl:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in buying him gifts, he will so appreciate it cos he doesn't have the time to go to market. Or madam don't you admire how some men do dress and look good? Please do the needful. And if he's cool with his wholesale business allow him all he needs from you is encouragement and prayers. Thanks!

He shouldn't be cool with his business as he doesn't know tomorrow. Nigeria does not have the economy where you can be cool with just one source of income. Can you imagine the financial burden that will fall on her if his business folds and he takes at least a year to find his footing?

Can you imagine the stress she's going through presently while managing 3 businesses against his one business as well as proper running of the home?

Do you think they rake in equal amount of income from their individual business pocket?

Do you think their financial duties are shared based on their individual pockets or based on who brings in more income?

Can you now tell me confidently after going through all points that I have raised that she isn't justified in thinking whether the man deserves a gift or not?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by mysticwarrior(m): 4:15am On Sep 22, 2020
Sweetcho:
He's a man he should make do if he had sense instead of asking you to buy him rubbish he should encourage you to save some
I pity for your future husband, Repent from stinginess.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Sweetcho: 11:43am On Sep 22, 2020
mysticwarrior:
I pity for your future husband, Repent from stinginess.

Hahaaa.
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by CHoccolaTE: 4:55pm On Sep 22, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

He shouldn't be cool with his business as he doesn't know tomorrow. Nigeria does not have the economy where you can be cool with just one source of income. Can you imagine the financial burden that will fall on her if his business folds and he takes at least a year to find his footing?

Can you imagine the stress she's going through presently while managing 3 businesses against his one business as well as proper running of the home?

Do you think they rake in equal amount of income from their individual business pocket?

Do you think their financial duties are shared based on their individual pockets or based on who brings in more income?

Can you now tell me confidently after going through all points that I have raised that she isn't justified in thinking whether the man deserves a gift or not?

This is a very sensible post, the wife is buying things for her kids to make them happy and instead of lefulefu husband to become more hardworking so he can also improve his children's lives he is demanding snacks.

Men these days are just so useless and entitled. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by BluntNigerian: 1:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Missis:

So my dear,, what exactly was your response to him??
Re: Ladies What Will You Do In This Situation? by Missis: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2020
BluntNigerian:
So my dear,, what exactly was your response to him??

Lol, it was not a nice response

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Okada Man's Wife Gives Birth To Triplets In Delta After Welcoming Twins. Photo / Namibian Man Creates Baby Saver Box For Unplanned Pregnancy And Unwanted Babies / Photos: Woman Brutally Beaten By Husband For Allegedly Greeting Her Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.