Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,806 members, 7,817,335 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? - Technology Market (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? (37939 Views)

We Buy For You From Aliexpress,1688 &taobao And Ship To Nigeria / This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / Get Your Orders/items Easily From Aliexpress,alibaba,gearbest,bangood,for Cheap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Kei144(m): 6:21am On Sep 21, 2020
COVID-19 seriously affected both Singapore Post and NIPOST. That is the reason for all the delays. You know that for some time only GL 14 and above were going to work because of COVID-19; it affected NIPOST Operations.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by nedekid: 6:24am On Sep 21, 2020
shadeshadow:
Can someone post the official NIPOST twitter page here so we can complain to them there
I posted there. They deleted my post!

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by BLoomfrancs(m): 6:24am On Sep 21, 2020
The same issue here.
Bought a macbook charger from Ebay.
Had it sent to my Planetexpress suite from whence it was sent to Asendia from where it was finally sent to Nigeria but since June 3rd nothing has happened. My mind told me to go report at their office but I didn't go cos I thought it was due to COVID-19 but now I know better.
I swear to GOD if I leave this country anyday, there is for sure no coming back!

4 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by yommen: 6:24am On Sep 21, 2020
Guys, I once ordered 3 piece of android tablets from China but because I couldn't afford to wait for 35-40 days they normally write, I used chrisvicmall.com and I received my package in about 5 days. It's a private shipping company and their price is about 10USD for less than 1KG. Ship your item to their address on China and give them your address in Nigeria. The delivered to me in Ikorodu Lagos.

Yes , I remembered I bought some tablets much earlier and shipped through may be NIPOST or those very popular courier service. I was later invited to the airport where the items were held. I bribed customs officers to collect then.

Guys, use chrisvicmall.com henceforth. You should receive your items in about 10days. Just make sure you read an understand heir processes on their website.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nauttyprof(m): 6:25am On Sep 21, 2020
I once ordered a phone on Aliexpress and this was October last year. NIPOST confirmed arrival of this in November and I went over to pick this up.

Here is the thing, when it arrived in Nigeria, I used the tracking number provided on Aliexpress to track the phone on NIPOST track and trace and I was able to know every details about its arrival. I even did this till I confirmed it was at one of their branches. Within an hour or two, I received a call to come pick up the phone.

NIPOST track and trace works especially if the item is expensive but I am not certain if you will still find details of your phone on NIPOST track and trace since it is over 5 months now.

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Valentinooo: 6:26am On Sep 21, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

I'm sure that you've been refunded.
What do you still want?
We know everyone is capitalising on covid19...

The truth is, Nigeria will definitely soon be blacklisted.
Because of lack of prompt updates on delivery, many people will receive their items and still refuse to confirm their orders in order to still get refunded. THIS IS NOT FAIR!
I have not been refunded sir. They claimed my package is in my country. That nipost refused to update the tracking information

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by nedekid: 6:28am On Sep 21, 2020
KingMicky3286:
Use the tracking number to know the status. With the status, you can ask the shipper or the shipping company where your product is.

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Valentinooo: 6:28am On Sep 21, 2020
BoboNogoDie:

I'm sure that you've been refunded.
What do you still want?
We know everyone is capitalising on covid19...

The truth is, Nigeria will definitely soon be blacklisted.
Because of lack of prompt updates on delivery, many people will receive their items and still refuse to confirm their orders in order to still get refunded. THIS IS NOT FAIR!

If nipost updates every tracking information, there is no way any buyer will get refunded for what they've collected. Because tracking will show delivered.

7 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by petitejolie(f): 6:29am On Sep 21, 2020
And they are after license fees from pickup and service delivery companies. But are thieves inefficient and fantastically corrupt. Go on twitter and tag everybody. Tag firs tag presidency tag public complaint commission tag communication ministry tag activist tag journalist tag information ministry tag all tagables and tag AliExpress . Nonsense people

6 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Valentinooo: 6:33am On Sep 21, 2020
Kei144:
COVID-19 seriously affected both Singapore Post and NIPOST. That is the reason for all the delays. You know that for some time only GL 14 and above were going to work because of COVID-19; it affected NIPOST Operations.
But how come other items are coming in.

Someone will order for phone and memory card, memory card will arrive but phone will be nowhere to be found.

Another person ordered phone and pouch, pouch has since arrived but no phone

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by saint2ace(m): 6:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

I have not been refunded sir. They claimed my package is in my country. That nipost refused to update the tracking information

Another unbecoming habit, our packages travel all over the world and are tracked appropriately, from point of reception to weighing and finally dispatch, you can see how Ur package is received and discharged from country to country; but once Ur package gets to Nigeria it all ends, you can't track it anymore. Your package is left in the hands of God.

But the hard truth is that non tracking is deliberate cos of their fraudulent activities, cos if they update tracking, you can always find out who the culprits are responsible for every action, so in order to leave no trace they simply skip the track phase....

Chai baba God we dey Ur hand grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by nedekid: 6:35am On Sep 21, 2020
Workingmama:

RB965418555SG
Your item has arrived since 25 of June sef.
Probably if you had the imei number, is there a possibility of tracking it on our network to investigate the current user of the phone?
My 5 packages are also stuck with nipost.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Nobody: 6:38am On Sep 21, 2020
yommen:
Guys, I once ordered 3 piece of android tablets from China but because I couldn't afford to wait for 35-40 days they normally write, I used chrisvicmall.com and I received my package in about 5 days. It's a private shipping company and their price is about 10USD for less than 1KG. Ship your item to their address on China and give them your address in Nigeria. The delivered to me in Ikorodu Lagos.

Yes , I remembered I bought some tablets much earlier and shipped through may be NIPOST or those very popular courier service. I was later invited to the airport where the items were held. I bribed customs officers to collect then.

Guys, use chrisvicmall.com henceforth. You should receive your items in about 10days. Just make sure you read an understand heir processes on their website.

Are they genuine? Because NIPOST, Ibadan really dealt with me and cousin in 2009/10 during my stay there then. They are typical criminals who steals properties.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Valentinooo: 6:38am On Sep 21, 2020
Nauttyprof:
I once ordered a phone on Aliexpress and this was October last year. NIPOST confirmed arrival of this in November and I went over to pick this up.

Here is the thing, when it arrived in Nigeria, I used the tracking number provided on Aliexpress to track the phone on NIPOST track and trace and I was able to know every details about its arrival. I even did this till I confirmed it was at one of their branches. Within an hour or two, I received a call to come pick up the phone.

NIPOST track and trace works especially if the item is expensive but I am not certain if you will still find details of your phone on NIPOST track and trace since it is over 5 months now.

It's no longer working
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by nedekid: 6:38am On Sep 21, 2020
darejem2002:
It equally happened to me I ordered for umidigi phone and umidigi A3 screen since July 11 and I've since received that of screen more than a month now but the phone is yet to arrive. I opened dispute but AliExpress says I should hold on till October 4 that the phone has arrived in Nigeria. Pls something has to be done to stop this because it's giving Nigeria bad image abroad
They will blacklist Nigeria soon.
Civil servants are our problem.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by HowGlorious: 6:40am On Sep 21, 2020
Vintino

How u dey? Another 'stolen phones' tori
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by heykims(m): 6:40am On Sep 21, 2020
xristos:
ok
Xristos

Am also a victim now...order a drone in early March....this is d first time it's happening to me...sti shows dispatched to destination till now...if it were before i would have received in 30days...and I've declared completed online.
Called nipost everywhere with tracking...says nothing in my name.
It's becoming worry some..
Why declare completed when u haven't received it?
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by swissobed: 6:41am On Sep 21, 2020
Same issue when you order from DHL same story bro even if it's just a phone .my brother paid 130k to get his 3 phones from abroad released it wasn't funny whether you bought it with your hard earned money or other way
Valentinooo:

Seriously, this is another bad image for Nigeria.
If aliexpress kept refunding Nigerians for items that have been shipped to their country, then its only a matter of time before they blacklist us.

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by petitejolie(f): 6:43am On Sep 21, 2020
Nigerians are terrible people. Dey do terrible things to themselves even the elderly ones u will call egbon are worse. I told my oga o send dis phones through dhl he carried his coconut head and gave it to one egbon to bring it with him to naija. Getting close to a year now both egbon and the phones are no where to be found. He can’t reach him. All these people that carry egbon like mini gods. Egbon oshi egbon were that lacks integrity. We have millions of this useless egbon in Nigeria and u expect Nipost to be alright. Mtchewww... and men should learn to listen to dier women most times. They have better instincts . The thing can pain ehnnnnn

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by kenny1111: 6:43am On Sep 21, 2020
let me drop my thought, obviously the delay might be caused by covid19 but definitely not just that.
do you guys know some of these packages are usually been held but Customs, DSS and NDLEA where they are probably been stolen and whisk away?
well, I paid almost 80,000 as customs fee to get few iphones a friend sent down from USA to his relative via fedex recently and that apart from the normal shipping fee which wass already paid to FEDEX from yankee oo, d money wasn't paid to individual but was paid to FEDEx account here in nigeria who later generated d customs receipt of payment for me and i had to call NDLEA and DSS to provide certain information before it was released,
all these are recent development and regulations to generation more money for the government and security checks, u guys are suppose to have a follow up call by this agency once the goods land in naija but trust my naija officers , na goat meat they do with some of this valuables.....I might be very wrong, i just spoke from experience

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Kenog4real(m): 6:45am On Sep 21, 2020
It's a pity this happens all the time and it always coming from nipost. Anyway, to get someone trusted in China so as to buy goods and get it without any complaints, drop me a message on whatsapp. +2347038814935
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by ekoyo(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2020
I bought wrist watch since February uptill now i have not received my package
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Tajsagay(m): 6:46am On Sep 21, 2020
I definitely think that's the case. I remember when I ordered a watch for a client in Warri. Tracked the Watch via my acquaintance at the international mail processing centre (IMPC) in Lagos and was informed it had reached the Local post office in Warri. Told my client to proceed for pickup. Upon getting there and showing them the tracking number, he was told the item wasn't there.

Called my acquaintance at the (IMPC) who checked their electronic log book and confirm that the package was there. He called the manager and magically the package appeared and the excuse they gave was "it wasn't my clients turn to receive his package yet"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by fola044: 6:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Even belts, necklaces and other stuffs I ordered since February this year and some items since 2019 August are not yet delivered but in the tracking system,all has been confirmed delivered to Nigeria, let's all find means of reaching the appropriate authority,some thieves are in NIPOST now doing the pilfering......
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by weezysays(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2020
I think the problem is from the shipping company u used, reliable shipping companies on AliExpress includes Yanwen Economic Air Mail, Cainao Super Economy Global, Cainao Super Economy for Special Goods, AliExpress Standard Shipping, DHL, Singapore Post. Don’t try to ship using 4px Singapore Post OM Pro, China Post OM else your package won’t get to u in the next 600 years. I shipped a lot of packages using the 4px but till date I haven’t received any of them, even sent them a mail since August but no reply.

Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

This is corporate robbery and should be condemned.

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

I have to create this new thread to make our plight known to the whole world.

I have also tagged those who are having this same issue.

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by omokudu(m): 6:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:
On the 7th of March, I ordered a phone which was shipped on the 18th of March. Ever since then, nothing has been heard of it.
The memory card I intended to use with the phone was ordered two days later, and that one has since arrived.

From the lamentations on the aliexpress thread, I noticed a lot of people are also in my situation.
They bought phones which refused to deliver whereas the accessories they ordered days after ordering the phone got delivered.

This lead to the assumption that nipost staffs are deliberately holding on to these phones for reasons best known to them.

I don't want to believe these phones are being stolen by those that are meant to deliver them to us.

Why will I buy a phone with my hard earned money only for it to be stolen by people who are meant to deliver the phone?

How will a phone come all the way from China without missing only for it to get to Nigeria and get missing?

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by samcolee(m): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2020
saint2ace:

I can categorically tell u that umidigi and Xiaomi official stores no longer ships to Nigeria, it's just a matter of time before retailers start following this trend too.

Only good can save us....

Had it been we have the IMEI NO of these phones so we start from there and track the user of the phone but no the seller can't disclose the number anyhow but these would be right step in conducting investigation as to what's happening to our shipped phones as soon as they arrive Nigeria
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by Mrpojj(m): 6:49am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

I have stopped buying from AliExpress since
Cos of this
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by bamirotola: 6:50am On Sep 21, 2020
Valentinooo:

cc:
iscom
xtremer
saint2ace
Emily22
Uchepele
Lemonz
shadeshadow
mctfopt
Amocee
Olamak1
genius43
Cherryberry456
peterincredible
osadolor153
stanisbaratheon
searay
VeeVeeMyLuv
Samuelon
sobality

lalasticlala

Nipost are thieves and sadly no one is checking them... I bought a wristwatch and usb cable, i saw d usb cable but did not get the wristwatch... The sad thing is even fedex and dhl don join dem for this robbery... Everybody for nigeria be thiefe walahi

3 Likes

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by 2cribz: 6:50am On Sep 21, 2020
I have goods worth over 100k witb aliexpress till now i no see them. Even the stainless chain i got for 20k since may till now e no deliver,but shows order completed withoit me updating it.

1 Like

Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by cooooooks(m): 6:51am On Sep 21, 2020
OR they increase shipping costs by shipping via FedEX/UPS.

Valentinooo:

Seriously, this is another bad image for Nigeria.
If aliexpress kept refunding Nigerians for items that have been shipped to their country, then its only a matter of time before they blacklist us.
Re: Is NIPOST Deliberately Withholding Phones Ordered From Aliexpress? by heykims(m): 6:52am On Sep 21, 2020
Well, I've ordered about 3 cheap items during this Covid-19 era and none was delivered. These were ordered since May. Well, I've been refunded for all the item but no one rewards time lost because seriously, time na money.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Gadgets from Anker, Amazon, JLab, Xiaomi, Haylou, Soundpeats etc. / How To Download Whatsapp For Blackberry Paid Version For Free (pictorial Guide) / Automatic Car Jack , Wheelspanner And Tyre Pump - Just Push A Button

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.