Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,961 members, 7,821,382 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? (3297 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Should Christian Couples Practise Other Styles Of Sex Apart Frm Conventionastyle / Evangelist Victor Edet: 'Ladies Who Wear Trousers Can Never Make Heaven' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by ggirl4real: 10:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Emary:

Your argument does not remove the fact that trousers were designed as unisex garments and as such, there is nothing wrong with a woman wearing trousers. Human beings set standards according to what they find suitable or comfortable at the time. In biblical days, men wore gowns. In the time of Jesus, it was a tunic which was a gown. Are you saying it was wrong for men to put on what is perceived as female clothing today?

The problem of many Christians today is that we are a lot like the Pharisees looking for trivial outwardly signs to fault our Christian brethren rather than focusing on the heart and true intentions.

Don't mind him.

I've asked him to state the difference between the tights their church women wear undeneath their skirts/gowns and the trousers because both wears have two partings.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 11:20pm On Sep 26, 2020
jmoore:
Common: Both are men

Difference: Denrele obviously dresses like a man, though it may be weird but Bobrisky is a cross dresser.
The term cross-dressing is usually used about men who wear clothing and accessories that are considered feminine or associated with women. Now these fellas might cross dress for fun, for financial strategy reasons, for sexual reasons or simply to weirdly entertain. They might dress that way full time, occasionally or only in private. Now do you want to re-attempt the two questions, being that it already is a given, that Bobrisky and Denrele are both men, but what else aside being both men, is common between Bobrisky and Denrele, then tell what's the difference Bobrisky and Denrele's persona
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by orunto27: 11:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
YES YES YES.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 11:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
ggirl4real:

Oga, learn to express yourself without insults.

For churches that forbid their women from wearing trousers, what differentiates trousers from tights? Doesn't both wears have two partings for the legs? Some even wear shorts underneath, what makes that right and the other wrong?

You feel insulted because your question is in itself insulting. You are still asking the same question in many words. Underwears are not outerwears.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 11:38pm On Sep 26, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Greek alabastron, a pottery vessel circa 470 BC, depicting a female warrior wearing highly functional trousers
(i.e. a small type of pottery or glass vessel used in the ancient world for holding oil, especially perfume or massage oils)

Please, anyone, tell what is the recurrent feature showing in the following bible verses: Ruth 3:9, 1 Samuel 24:5, Ezekiel 16:8 & Zechariah 8:23?

They're talking trouser, you want to talk skirt. Soon you will bring "shimi" and "payinti".
Obviously, some dressing are unisex like some socks or face cap. But from the known history of trousers, it is predominantly man's dressing. The only defence you guys bring up are manly women. If we follow the OP pastors explanation, they are the exact example not to follow.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 11:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
Image123:
They're talking trouser, you want to talk skirt. Soon you will bring "shimi" and "payinti".
Obviously, some dressing are unisex like some socks or face cap. But from the known history of trousers, it is predominantly man's dressing. The only defence you guys bring up are manly women. If we follow the OP pastors explanation, they are the exact example not to follow.
It is because the motive behind wearing trousers, skirt, "shimi," "payinti" and whatnot are all in the mix of what Deuteronomy 22:5 is dealing with. The reason is what detests God, lmso, nothing in itself of wearing trousers, skirt, "shimi," "payinti" and whatnot poses any problem, but on what grounds have they being put on, lmso. I know Image123 that you havent really given it a deep much thought and careful study. Its OK and understandable ọrẹ, lmso.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 12:12am On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
It is because the motive behind wearing trousers, skirt, "shimi," "payinti" and whatnot are all in the mix of what Deuteronomy 22:5 is dealing with. The reason is what detests God, lmso, nothing in itself of wearing trousers, skirt, "shimi," "payinti" and whatnot poses any problem, but on what grounds have they being put on, lmso. I know Image123 that you havent really given it a deep much thought and careful study. Its OK and understandable ọrẹ, lmso.

Okay, let's hear you out Muttley. Explain the motive.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 12:18am On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
Okay, let's hear you out Muttley. Explain the motive.
My Oga at the top, I push my chest inwards. No ooo, I humbly step back and aside, make una sabi am, una sef, with the few pointers and illumination I've already beamed out for una, to see Deuteronomy 22:5 further and clearly with, for what the verse really and actually means, lmso
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 12:56am On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
My Oga at the top, I push my chest inwards. No ooo, I humbly step back and aside, make una sabi am, una sef, with the few pointers and illumination I've already beamed out for una, to see Deuteronomy 22:5 further and clearly with, for what the verse really and actually means, lmso

In the words of Emary the great grin, we'll say "Let us all work out our own salvation. I wish you well." angry

Don't worry, i will.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 1:11am On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
In the words of Emary the great grin, we'll say "Let us all work out our own salvation. I wish you well." angry

Don't worry, i will.
Deuteronomy 22:5 has nothing at all to do with any "Let us all work out our own salvation ..."

When the Deuteronomy 22:5 verse, was uttered, it was not any reference about salvation Image123.

Don't ordinarily only will, but summon the spiritual/biblical will to look further than the superficial. Stop going for the Deuteronomy 22:5 low hanging fruit(s) lmso.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 1:19am On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Deuteronomy 22:5 has nothing at all to do with any "Let us all work out our own salvation ..."

When the Deuteronomy 22:5 verse, was uttered, it was not any reference about salvation Image123.

Don't ordinarily only will, but summon the spiritual/biblical will to look further than the superficial. Stop going for the Deuteronomy 22:5 low hanging fruit(s) lmso.

Exercise some decorum my brother, it's a lady. Don't worry, i shall do as you have said.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 1:27am On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
Exercise some decorum my brother, it's a lady.
Have I done anything untoward or typed anything inappropriate to warrant this comment. Of course I know Emary and ggirl4real are ladies

Image123:
Don't worry, i shall do as you have said.
Wearing opposite sex clothes, ordinarily in itself is not wrong, evil, sinful or bad, but the motive, is a game changer. That motive is what God finds detestable, what God hates, what God doesnt like, lmso

I'll throw you another beam light to assist understanding the verse Deuteronomy 22:5 with, which is, list six or seven pet peeves of God, as banded together in a verse or two verses from the Bible. Meaning Esau or divorce, obviously are off limits, lmso
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 5:36am On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Have I done anything untoward or typed anything inappropriate to warrant this comment. Of course I know Emary and ggirl4real are ladies

Wearing opposite sex clothes, ordinarily in itself is not wrong, evil, sinful or bad, but the motive, is a game changer. That motive is what God finds detestable, what God hates, what God doesnt like, lmso

I'll throw you another beam light to assist understanding the verse Deuteronomy 22:5 with, which is, list six or seven pet peeves of God, as banded together in a verse or two verses from the Bible. Meaning Esau or divorce, obviously are off limits, lmso

Don't worry, they are coming for you for dismissing their words like that.

Bible quiz, hallelujah. Make i come show myself, lmso like my oga.

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57am On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Did you say the truth or lied about not knowing both Bobrisky and Denrele?
Even our weird Muslim radicals who are selective regarding social media celebrities all know both guys not to talk of Kumuyi, Olukoya and Adeboye.
Denying knowing those guys and you've been pasting downloaded images on social media, haba! remember dearis God o! cheesy
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Emary(f): 6:34am On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

You have said what I have been saying here earlier, God did not design clothing and therefore, it is humans that put intentions behind what they are wearing. A woman wearing loose fitting trousers with a long top covering her hips and not displaying her curves is more decent than a woman who is wearing a tightly fitted dress. Also, a man wearing skin tight jeans and fitted shirts is just as indecent.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by jmoore(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The term cross-dressing is usually used about men who wear clothing and accessories that are considered feminine or associated with women. Now these fellas might cross dress for fun, for financial strategy reasons, for sexual reasons or simply to weirdly entertain. They might dress that way full time, occasionally or only in private. Now do you want to re-attempt the two questions, being that it already is a given, that Bobrisky and Denrele are both men, but what else aside being both men, is common between Bobrisky and Denrele, then tell what's the difference Bobrisky and Denrele's persona

The difference is that Bobrisky behaves like a woman.

I don't know what else is common between both.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 8:02am On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
A clear and innocent conscience fears nothing. Come to think of it, I actually covertly was complementing their efforts and I am the other poster, if not the only poster, stamping likes on almost every other comment Emary and ggirl4real have made on this thread. I did so upandan the thread, because its my way of showing how I to an agreeable degree appreciate the worthiness of their submission, lmso.

Image123:

Proverbs
6:16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto Him:
6:17A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
6:18An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
6:19A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren
[img]https://s4/images/orijin-bitters.jpg[/img]
Word. Gbam.

If not that you are teetotal, I would have begged that somebody please pass to my guy, brother, blood, Image123 ọga, this chilled bottle of orijin. Plus send you a truckload of kolanuts as well and after that, consider you sharp sharp, for next governor of your state of origin.

Right on point on all accounts. Wehdone Sir! Shame I am denied the pleasure of saying "Please drink responsibly though" lmso.

Now when I was asking about the commonality and difference between Denrele and Bobrisky, if you had made reasonable effort, similar to how jmoore did, albeit I tried to steer him in the direction of right answering, to answer the questions, you would have by now, with your given Proverbs 6:16-19 excellent reply to God's six to seven pet peeves understand what the verse Deuteronomy 22:5 is all about.

The verse has nothing to do with women wearing men's clothing and vice versa per se. As I keep on harping, there is nothing evil, sinful, wrong bad et cetera in women wearing men's cloth ordinarily and vice versa, but when the game changer(s) is/are introduced in the matter to make a mix, then that's when God begins to find a problem with the situation, and have a major main gripe with it because the motive, the association and intent is wack, worrisome and an anathema to God, lmso.

Image123, MaxInDHouse formerly Maximus69 RIP in Nairaland heavens, is yanking your chain, as he wants to make everyone believe that you actually do know about Denrele and Bobrisky, lmso

Anyway Image123, when next you read and review Deuteronomy 22:5, think of Denrele and Bobrisky, that both are cross dressers. Think about that the former doesnt pretend to be what he isn't, but the latter pretends to be what he isn't, teasing the public with his blatant in-your-face perpetual gyrating like a female persona overt undisguised deception. Now let's go up a notch here Image123, lmso, just like every other thing that God finds disgusting, so is the Deuteronomy 22:5 women wearing men's cloth, not ordinarily and vice versa, but wearing it under deception and doing so in carrying out idolatry practices involving heathen rites and ritual involving wearing other sexes' clothing, pretending to be what they are not et cetera

Image123, in other to further understand what's going on in Deuteronomy 22:5, you kindly are advised by me that you need to go look up who Moses Maimonides, even if you dont know who Denrele and Bobrisky are, lmso. Moses Maimonides, fyi, is a preeminent medieval Sephardic Jewish philosopher and astronomer, became one of the most prolific and influential Torah (i.e. the law or first 5 books of the Bible) scripture scholars and physicians of the Middle Ages.

So it happens that Maimonides observes, in a book of the Zabians, called “Tomtom”, that it is commanded, that a man should wear a woman’s garment coloured when he stood before the star of Venus, and likewise that a woman should put on a coat of mail and warlike armour when she stood before the star of Mars. At this Maimonides takes it, to be one reason of this Deuteronomy 22:5 law (i.e. deception with idolatry ritual practice involved) though besides that others, like Maurus Servius Honoratus, Philochorus, Macrobius, fully known as Macrobius Ambrosius Theodosius, and also known as Theodosius suggest the deception with idolatry ritual practice involved, actually would involve and escalate to occasions for concupiscence as well.

Though not wanting to drag Leviticus 18:22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Corinthians 6:9, 1 Timothy 1:10 and/or Revelation 21:8 into all this, another set of misunderstood couple of verses, lmso, Deuteronomy 22:5 has a similar theme with those verses with men dressed as women and women dressed as men, establishing themselves as sacred qadesh (i.e. male cult temple prostitutes/servants) and qedesha (i.e. female cult temple prostitutes/servants), now God didnt want the Israelites importing and mirroring the Canaanites' idolatry cross dressing prostitution practice to desecrate the worship and reverence of God with this distasteful ritual impurity idolatry practice

jmoore:
The difference is that Bobrisky behaves like a woman.

I don't know what else is common between both.
Thank you, that deception observed about Bobrisky, is the correct and perfect difference answer.

Bobrisky pretends to be a female, even wiggles like one, pretends he has boobs, pretends he has vj, puts on this range of elaborate false feminine persona deceptions, that I know a lot find sickening and off-putting, unlike Denrele's case, that most find amusing and tolerable

The cross dressing motives for both Denrele and Bobrisky are different. The former is for entertainment and making money from it without pretending to be what he isn't while the latter, too can be said to be entertainment too and making money from it but pretending to be what he isn't (i.e. deceiving unsuspecting and/or easily influenced public with his deception) God hates lies and/or deception, lmso.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by philipstanley(m): 8:08am On Sep 27, 2020
dressing decency is what matters

The word "trouser" was not mentioned anywhere in the Bible

Let me ask this small question

1)The word "man" in Dey 22:5 does it refer to Adam nature (male)?
Ans: No

2) When was trouser came to use??

3) Who told you (us) that trousers belongs to only men??

4) Don't women wear shorts and skin tight as under wears (it that one also sin)??
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 8:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Emary:
You have said what I have been saying here earlier, God did not design clothing and therefore, it is human that put intentions behind what they are wearing. A woman wearing loose fitting trousers with a long top covering her hips and not displaying her curves is more decent than a woman who is wearing a tightly fitted dress. Also, a man wearing skin tight jeans and fitted shirts is just as indecent.
"But the LORD told him,
"Samuel, don't think Eliab is the one just because he's tall and handsome. He isn't the one I've chosen.
People judge others by what they look like, but I judge people by what is in their hearts."
(i.e. …for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart)
"
- 1 Samuel 16:7

Motive for wearing whatever is worn, however it is worn, is the key, it is the game changer. Jezebel was damned for slapping on all sorts, but Ruth was favoured (i.e. Ruth 3:1-18, lmso), Queen Esther too found favour with how she dressed and all (i.e. Esther 5:1-14 to Esther 9:32)

This life sha. Inside life. Orisirisi nkan lo nshẹlẹ, lmso. Iwọ kan sha, mafọ. Malọ fọ bi awo, lmso. Ọmọ iya mi, mo wa pẹlu ẹ. Iwọ kan sha mafọ, lmso
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Did you say the truth or lied about not knowing both Bobrisky and Denrele?
Even our weird Muslim radicals who are selective regarding social media celebrities all know both guys not to talk of Kumuyi, Olukoya and Adeboye.
Denying knowing those guys and you've been pasting downloaded images on social media, haba! remember dearis God o! cheesy

Madhouse abi which name is this one you went to pick again ehn majamaja. Even the name may earn you another ban, SMH. About your doubts, it's not unusual for you to be an unbeliever, it's in your blood.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
"But the LORD told him,
"Samuel, don't think Eliab is the one just because he's tall and handsome. He isn't the one I've chosen.
People judge others by what they look like, but I judge people by what is in their hearts."
(i.e. …for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart)
"
- 1 Samuel 16:7

Motive for wearing whatever is worn, however it is worn, is the key, it is the game changer. Jezebel was damned for slapping on all sorts, but Ruth was favoured (i.e. Ruth 3:1-18, lmso), Queen Esther too found favour with how she dressed and all (i.e. Esther 5:1-14 to Esther 9:32)

This life sha. Inside life. Orisirisi nkan lo nshẹlẹ, lmso. Iwọ kan sha, mafọ. Malọ fọ bi awo, lmso. Ọmọ iya mi, mo wa pẹlu ẹ. Iwọ kan sha mafọ, lmso

A tribute to Emary the great, you have done well Muttley. BTW, this your lmso, what's up? Laughing your socks off?
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 9:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
A tribute to Emary the great, you have done well Muttley. BTW, this your lmso, what's up? Laughing your socks off?
I for real, literally am lmso, Image123.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I for real, literally am lmso, Image123.

You'd need a couple of new pairs soon at this rate.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MuttleyLaff: 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:
You'd need a couple of new pairs soon at this rate.
I just slip them back on. Good exercise too and all, that is, lmso
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:

Madhouse abi which name is this one you went to pick again ehn majamaja. Even the name may earn you another ban, SMH. About your doubts, it's not unusual for you to be an unbeliever, it's in your blood.

You've spoke the truth, i swear! cheesy
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

You've spoke the truth, i swear! cheesy

We cannot do anything against the truth but for the truth. That's our way. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
Image123:

We cannot do anything against the truth but for the truth. That's our way. cheesy

Praise the Lord! cheesy
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 10:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Praise the Lord! cheesy

Hallelujah. It seems you have changed oh. Please pray for us.

1 Like

Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:00am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

Hallelujah. It seems you have changed oh. Please pray for us.
Holy mother of God (Mary) will pray for you nah! cheesy
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by Image123(m): 4:57am On Sep 28, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

Holy mother of God (Mary) will pray for you nah! cheesy

She's dead, you're alive and here.
Re: Should Christian Women Wear Trousers? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:09am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

She's dead, you're alive and here.

So you mean Mary is not alive in heaven right now? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Austria Makes New Law: All Muslims Must Now Speak German Instead Of Arabic / I'm In A Fix, Need Help! / Pray For Pastor Chris And Christ Embassy If You Love Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.