Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (13159 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Will GOD Forgive A Wicked Man/Woman Who Has Killed So Many Innocent People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by JourneytoEL(f): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2020
Pilot007:
No no no please dont get this things twisted. If you confess your sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the bible says that you will be saved. It is not until when you are baptised oh, but be baptized. The dieing man on the cross was not baptized but his sins were forgiven by God. Please let's not attach conditions that are not scriptural.
who told you he wasn't baptised.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by femi4: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
BreconHills:

Untrue.

The thief of the cross was not baptized and yet Christ said " today you will be with me in paradise" Baptism is public proclamation of faith it is akin to not denying Christ but for one reason or another if it doesn't happen before death, so long as the person is has confessed and is living under Christs Lordship they are saved
We are saying the same thing. I was backing your claims that being born of water is not same as water baptism
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Okuda(m): 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
JourneytoEL:
no one knows. John the Baptist baptised a whole lot of people then. Maybe he was one of them. I'm not the person you quoted sha

Lol. I figured. Who knows I understand we were asked to be baptized with water and spirit but I am certain that even baptism with water may not necessarily be a requirement to heaven but holy spirit baptism is necessary! There are no manuals to these things to be honest. I think the situation also matters. like near death situations.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by femi4: 12:04pm On Sep 20, 2020
tiredoflife:

Stop bringing fallacies
Jesus was clear on how to be saved
Confession
Water baptism
And the holy Spirit baptism
This is the sequence
Without water baptism
U cant be saved
Jesus himself was baptized
Why do u want to change the narratives
Back your claims with scripture where he said water baptism is a must
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by xavuv: 12:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
God always forgives. However, you must attone for your sins, in your present life or in another incarnation. Forgivess and attonement are two different things
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by femi4: 12:14pm On Sep 20, 2020
JourneytoEL:
Baptism is for repentant heart not for sinners
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by na2016: 12:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.

That is what my Sunday School teacher used to teach me.

I dont think what he taught you was correct. In as much as that lady recieved Christ before dying, she is fine.

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by badman007(m): 12:17pm On Sep 20, 2020
You are already forgiven. The stupid “sins” you Comit are because of poverty, ignorance and your inability to select good governance.

God loves you so so so much.

He wants you to enjoy heaven on Earth. Travel abroad and see...
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by sonofthunder: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:
I lost a relative. She was seriously sick . We had prayed to God to forgive her of her short comings and sins on earth, before she gave up the ghost in the middle of the night.

Lean more on the love of God than the prayers for forgiveness else you continually live in fear that she's not in paradise.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by ABCthings: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2020
onecoder:
God doesn't forgive you based on the act of asking for forgiveness.
He could see through ur heart.
Yep. Sincerity is need. If she had the opportunity to live again will she backslide and be waiting for another last minute?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by emmyN(m): 12:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:

She also prayed.. and she is a Christian.

She is a Christian? What sins were you asking forgiveness for again
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by emmyN(m): 1:01pm On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:
I lost a relative. She was seriously sick . We had prayed to God to forgive her of her short comings and sins on earth, before she gave up the ghost in the middle of the night.

No one got saved by asking God for forgiveness, but by believing in Christ. While I sympathize with you for your loss, I want you to know that if YOU were there, she would not have died.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by tiredoflife(m): 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2020
femi4:
Back your claims with scripture where he said water baptism is a must

Mark 16:16
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by tiredoflife(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
Pilot007:
No no no please dont get this things twisted. If you confess your sins and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, the bible says that you will be saved. It is not until when you are baptised oh, but be baptized. The dieing man on the cross was not baptized but his sins were forgiven by God. Please let's not attach conditions that are not scriptural.

Stop using the man on the cross
Jesus had not died for our sins yet
That my works made him saved
It was accounted for him as righteousness
Remember he died b4 Jesus
So he went to hell but the place called Abraham's bosom
Where all who died b4 Jesus death go to
Mark 16:16 is clear for believers after the death of Jesus
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Misterdhee1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
1 Peter 1:14 As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: 1:15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
Naso
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Originalsly: 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
This what you're asking is for us to judge. If a pastor is using tithes etc to enrich himself and live a luxurious life style then we discern he is not a MoG... but many will shout judge not. Judgement is the decision on who goes to heaven and who goes to hell..... and that is not known before Judgement Day. Paul lived a hell of a life... as if he were Satan's enforcer.... then he switched sides.... will his sins be forgiven..... is he going to Heaven or Hell? We simply do not know and should never speculate.... it is not for us to judge.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 1:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
99.9% won't take u to Heaven. You just have to strive for perfection and if you don't believe, you won't receive and if you still have d mindset that God can make u perfect or be free from sin,u can be perfect.
Misterdhee1:

Naso
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Splinz(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Proof.

Thank you Uyai.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by femi4: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
tiredoflife:

Mark 16:16
Mark 16:16, NIV: "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

"And is baptized" not "must be baptized"

If baptism is a pre requisite, the last part of that scripture would have been "whoever does not believe and baptized" will be condemned but that part reads " Whoever does not believe will be condemned"

Jesus used "believed and baptized" to show the order of event. That is, you must be a believer before thinking of baptism.

Jesus only encourages baptism, Its not a ticket to be saved.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Misterdhee1(m): 2:16pm On Sep 20, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
99.9% won't take u to Heaven. You just have to strive for perfection and if you don't believe, you won't receive and if you still have d mindset that God can make u perfect or be free from sin,u can be perfect.
Oga you're a sinner, like every other person. We're only saved by God's grace and love. I don't have strength for unprogressive argument.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. So am I still a sinner after confession of sin?
Misterdhee1:

Oga you're a sinner. You're only saved by God's grace and love. I don't have strength for unprogressive argument.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by tiredoflife(m): 2:18pm On Sep 20, 2020
femi4:
Mark 16:16, NIV: "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned."

"And is baptized" not "must be baptized"

If baptism is a pre requisite, the last part of that scripture would have been "whoever does not believe and baptized" will be condemned but that part reads " Whoever does not believe will be condemned"

Jesus used "believed and baptized" to show the order of event. That is, you must be a believer before thinking of baptism.

Jesus only encourages baptism, Its not a ticket to be saved.
English isn't hard now.

Whosoever believes and is baptised

U do the two
Believe and u baptise

But u can twist it all u want
I have backed it up with scriptures u requested for
Now u want to twist it
Do as u please.
Shalom
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by femi4: 2:33pm On Sep 20, 2020
tiredoflife:

English isn't hard now.

Whosoever believes and is baptised

U do the two
Believe and u baptise

But u can twist it all u want
I have backed it up with scriptures u requested for
Now u want to twist it
Do as u please.
Shalom
I did not twist it. You have problem with interpretation. If it was mandatory, his disciples would have hammered on it compared to faith/believe teachings
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by opportunities12(m): 2:34pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.

That is what my Sunday School teacher used to teach me.
Unconfessed to man or to God? Kindly clarify. Thanks
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by tiredoflife(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2020
femi4:
I did not twist it. You have problem with interpretation. If it was mandatory, his disciples would have hammered on it compared to faith/believe teachings

Please just go
Keep interpreting the way u choose
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Pilot007: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2020
JourneytoEL:
Did the bible tell you that the thief on the cross was baptized? What do you now mean?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Pilot007: 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2020
femi4:
Femi you are right, @tiredoflife you are wrong. There is no condition for being saved except that you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, accept him as your Lord and saviour and you will be saved. But Femi is not saying that one should not be baptized. Look all that God needs from us is to accept Jesus and repent. tiredoflife we have the Holy Spirit to guide us when we give our lives to Christ, the bible says he will guide us into all truth in John 16:13, I believe that he will always lead his those who have come to Christ to take whatever steps he deems fit at any point in time. Once you have the Holy Spirit, you have life. We are expected to follow his leading at every point in Iife. Sorry tiredoflife I am not the judge and sorry to say you are wrong.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by benodic: 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2020
@ HRprof

Akube1z:

The truth is that she will reincarnation back on earth to continue where she stop, confession of sin is not the enough. We all must reap what we sow on earth be it good seed or bad seed, she is not in helfire she is coming back brooooo

Let them keep deceiving themselves and wallowing in Spiritual Ignorance. You can see that nobody took note of your post as no one wants to hear the truth. Everybody is looking for a shortcut.
This is one aspect of christianity that is very sad indeed and the cause of so much wickedness and hypocrisy in christendom.

Imagine someone will live a very evil life hurting people and doing all sorts of bad things and just because the person remembered to ask for for forgiveness and accept christ, the person immediately goes to heaven. Quite a spiritual nonsense.

The truth still remains that whatever you sow you will reap and if you die without reaping it you will reincarnate and face the evil you left behind. There is no escaping this law.
That is why some people are born deaf and some blind and you will even see some children having cancers from childhood.
There is divine justice in the universes of God. So the earlier you wake up and start taking responsibility for your actions the better for you

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by payloader(m): 6:36pm On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:

She should have asked with her own mouth. Even if the whole world ask on your behalf, you still have the sole responsibility of asking. Read 1Corinthians 10:9-10

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can A Christian Man (marry (two (2))wives? Is It A Sin? / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? / New Photos Of Children Who Survived Reigners Church Collapse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.