Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (13147 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Will GOD Forgive A Wicked Man/Woman Who Has Killed So Many Innocent People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Decolonel(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2020
From your story, if she had confessed her sins and prayed for forgiveness by herself with her mouth with a sincere heart, God will her

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Grandmeister(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2020
Sparkle777:
of cos, just like the thief at the cross. he made heaven. but some deaths are so sudden that it may not give us time to repent hence the need to be always prepared.
may she rest in peace.
Thread concluded.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Righteousness89(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:
I lost a relative. She was seriously sick . We had prayed to God to forgive her of her short comings and sins on earth, before she gave up the ghost in the middle of the night.

Of Course! As Long as she Repented and Accepted JESUS Christ Before she Closed her eyes in Death, She is right now at the Feet of JESUS..

3 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by mattmogan88: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD

God is not a man
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Let me book space for righteousness 89

he will be in church now
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Splinz(m): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.
Prove that people are going to hell or are currently burning in hell fire.

ggirl4real:

That is what my Sunday School teacher used to teach me.

Have you ever asked for prove? Perhaps it's time you find yourself a new teacher.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2020
I don't think intercession will work. He or she can only make heaven if asked directly not someone doing it
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by ggirl4real: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2020
uniqueboi1:

Shut up. Are you God?

Can you Christians always express your opinions without insults?

I'm telling you that my Sunday School teachers used to teach that, so direct your anger to your religious leaders who are preaching that
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Emmanueltrin(m): 9:02am On Sep 20, 2020
well of she confessed. her sins she heaven straight
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by ggirl4real: 9:02am On Sep 20, 2020
Splinz:

Prove that people are going to hell or are currently burning in hell fire.

Have you ever asked for prove? Perhaps it's time you find yourself a new teacher.

That's why I left Christianity

I don't understand why different Pastors and churches should be preaching different things, all backed up by the Bible
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.

Na you dey distribute hell na
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

Confessed to who? If she prayed to God Almighty through Jesus, then the Holy Spirit must have convicted her. All she needed to do was ask God for mercy and confess her sins to GOD.

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2020
If she repented before she died just like the thief on the cross before his death,God will forgive but if on the other hand, she died without confessing her sins,no amount of prayer will save her on the other side because 'Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment'. That is d mistakes of other religion n some religious organizations who believe in religion and good works. They pray that God will overlook and forgive ur short coming, transfer you form Limbo or Purgatory to Heaven or engaged in different amount rituals and days of prayers for the person soul to b transfer to paradise or heaven. If you are not at peace with God now,He will be at war with you on the other side. Shalom
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by ggirl4real: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2020
paulolee:

what about tha thief on the cross with Jesus? you expected him to come down from the cross and starts confession of his siins to those he offended??

But one of the thieves confessed (according to the Bible) and was saved.

The person in question did not confess by herself but the relatives intervened. It's not the same thing now
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by ajimo54(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

The blind leading the blind. How much of Godism do u know? Are u God? Or ur SS teacher? Did u create any soul? All souls belong to God. And God is not man. The Bible is not the book of judgement. Keep quiet as much as spirituality is concerned. Walk ur own path in the world. God created no man for fire. God did not as well create any fire to roast his beings. All souls return to God. Force no belief on anyone.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Nobody: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

Ehen!!! Did you know that according to Christ's teachings, you will not make heaven for what you just wrote up there?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 20, 2020
I'm not sure anyone has the answer to this question...
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by LaReinaa(f): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2020
If you ask for forgiveness and accept Christ with all your heart even a minute before you die, he will forgive you and you’re most likely to make heaven..

I haven’t died before so I can’t be too sure but that was what the Bible said..
God is indeed a merciful God!
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Okuda(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

its a lie. your sunday school teacher is not God. if she asked God for forgiveness just for the fact of her condition and she could not confess those sins esoecially to the people she offended, she would make it to heaven.

1 Like

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by LOVEGINO(m): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2020
One of our major problem in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Truefaith: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2020
How do we know when we will die?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by tiredoflife(m): 9:08am On Sep 20, 2020
phantom24:
What you guys did was intercession. I think it's the deceased that needs to confess christ as their lord & saviour before passing on. This is why we must not wait till the last hour before submiting to christ.

Even if she confesses christ yet not baptised
She is not saved

Jesus was clear about it
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Openbusiness: 9:09am On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:
I lost a relative. She was seriously sick . We had prayed to God to forgive her of her short comings and sins on earth, before she gave up the ghost in the middle of the night.

Redemption is a personal thing. People can only ask God forgiveness by themselves for themselves. You can only make peace with God by yourself, nobody can do it for you. If she prayed to God for forgiveness by herself, then it is between her and God to know whether He granted her prayer. Nobody can "say" for "certain", but what we do know and are sure about is that, For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son and whoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life, John 3:16. So the question is, did she believe in Jesus? If yes, then she has already made peace with God, sin or no sin, shortcomings or no shortcomings. She will be given a white garment of glory to enter through the Gates. Because we are justified by Faith, not by works! So if she had faith in Jesus, be rest assured she is in Heaven as we speak or type.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Okuda(m): 9:10am On Sep 20, 2020
OkhaiAsein:
the deceased had to confess with his/her mouth... cus on judgement day no one will intercede on his/her behalf

lies. if the person is in acceptance of the prayers while not even speaking, but the heart was open, the person would make heave .
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by inegbedion30210: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2020
From your fable, if she had confessed her transgressions and prayed for atonement by herself with her throat with a sincerity heartless, God will her
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by tonyson010(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2020
onecoder:
God doesn't forgive you based on the act of asking for forgiveness.
He could see through ur heart.

Nice one. God looks through the heart and mind. Some people will just be committing sins and even terrible ones with intention of just asking for forgiveness and that will be all.
I don't think so. Sins committed out of wickedness on neighbours or others are bad, if they were committed out of ignorance or not also matters.

Don't think forgiveness is just like a game where there is a shortcut or cheat. For all sins committed there is punishment if there is no forgiveness but the punishment in totality can be reduced as a result of forgiveness too.

3 Likes

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Kranediggy(m): 9:11am On Sep 20, 2020
Akube1z:

Yes, that's when she herself forgives her transgressors during her life time...am not sure otherwise. RIP to her
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:13am On Sep 20, 2020
phantom24:
What you guys did was intercession. I think it's the deceased that needs to confess christ as their lord & saviour before passing on. This is why we must not wait till the last hour before submiting to christ.

Even after confessing one has to be baptized to be born again

Baptism by water immersion and of the holy spirit.

So if you die without being baptized how sure are to make heaven??
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Okuda(m): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

But one of the thieves confessed (according to the Bible) and was saved.

The person in question did not confess by herself but the relatives intervened. It's not the same thing now

the thief did not explicitly confess. he just believed Jesus is the son of God
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Badonasty(m): 9:14am On Sep 20, 2020
that's the general belief na...I can kill someone now now and beg for forgiveness immediately...I'm sure God will forgive me
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Splinz(m): 9:15am On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:

That's why I left Christianity

Oh really? Now that's interesting.

ggirl4real:

I don't understand why different Pastors and churches should be preaching different things, all backed up by the Bible

Eziokwu!

You did well, I must say. I mean if God is not the author of confusion, isn't it normal that where there's one, then it can be correctly said that God is not in such place(s)?

But of course, you can understand the Bible and it's true teachings.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by tonyson010(m): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2020
tiredoflife:

Even if she confesses christ yet not baptised
She is not saved

Jesus was clear about it

Is baptism the fundamental to making heaven ?

Faith in Jesus is what is very much more important than baptism......that is if the person couldn't attain baptism as a result of inability.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Eunice Olawale Will Be Buried On July 23rd / Between A Father And A Mother Who Struggles More? / How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.