Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? (13161 Views)

Will God Answer This Lady's Prayer? / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Will GOD Forgive A Wicked Man/Woman Who Has Killed So Many Innocent People? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2020
benodic:
@ HRprof

Let them keep deceiving themselves and wallowing in Spiritual Ignorance. You can see that nobody took note of your post as no one wants to hear the truth. Everybody is looking for a shortcut.
This is one aspect of christianity that is very sad indeed and the cause of so much wickedness and hypocrisy in christendom.

Imagine someone will live a very evil life hurting people and doing all sorts of bad things and just because the person remembered to ask for for forgiveness and accept christ, the person immediately goes to heaven. Quite a spiritual nonsense.

The truth still remains that whatever you sow you will reap and if you die without reaping it you will reincarnate and face the evil you left behind. There is no escaping this law.
That is why some people are born deaf and some blind and you will even see some children having cancers from childhood.
There is divine justice in the universes of God. So the earlier you wake up and start taking responsibility for your actions the better for you

benodic,can you be my spiritual mentor?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by humnsikan: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2020
eagleonearth:
You have to understand something. Every human being needs to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord unto forgiveness of sin so he/she can make heaven. It's individual and not something to be interceded for. This is the reason every one of us is encouraged to do this now that we are conscious because no-one knows what will happen the next minute.

A young man once said he will continue living his live in sin and just when he's about to die he will confess Christ but later on, he had a tragic accident that left him gasping for the very air and when he was trying so hard to confess Christ, breathing became difficult for him and he never did it as planned till his ghost left him.

Some of us think that God who created us and gave us eyes, ears and brain don't see, hear or reason grin

Going to church everyday and praying 24hrs is not a ticket to heaven. The only ticket to heaven is accepting the righteousness of Christ and the finished work at Calvary. That's the only time our names enter heaven's roll call

The best blessing I'm enjoying on earth is knowing my maker. It made me lose my deadly smoking and drinking habit. It made me lose my morbid fear and cowardice. It gave me direct access to the best and strongest being in the whole of heaven and earth. It gave me a beautiful angel as a wife. It gave me an eternal hope of everlasting life. It kept the forces of darkness running from me instead of me running from them. It turned the table, yes.

#ETERNALSECURITYISJESUS

How can I know this Jesus that you know that has made your life like this. Pls I want to know him.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by benodic: 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2020
@ Heartlessbanker,

benodic,can you be my spiritual mentor?

The only real Spiritual Mentor you can ask for is the Holy Spirit. Once you have contact with the Holy Spirit, It will lead you to all Truth.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by TruthHurts100: 10:52pm On Sep 20, 2020
ggirl4real:
No

If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.

That is what my Sunday School teacher used to teach me.

Did your Sunday School teacher showed you this lie from the Bible?
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by eagleonearth(m): 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2020
humnsikan:

How can I know this Jesus that you know that has made your life like this. Pls I want to know him.
God is already at work in your life simply because you asked this question. Knowing Christ Jesus is simply telling him to take over the wheels of your live, to believe that you can only be made pure before God through his own righteousness and not through any effort of yours to be good. Simply go on your knees and say this prayer:

Lord Jesus Christ, forgive me of my past misdeeds. Blot out my name from the book of death and write it in the book of Life. I accept your blood shed for me on the cross of Calvary for the remission of my sin. Take over my thoughts, my speech, my actions, my entire life today and make me what you want me to be. Send your Holy Spirit into my heart to dwell in me and lead me for the rest of my life here on earth. Thank you dear Lord for accepting me to be yours from now on till eternity.

If you said this prayer, you're saved and your whole life is on another level. Congrats and get attached to any church of God the holy spirit will lead you to. Check my signature for my contact incase you need a life coach or other guidance. Stay blessed of God.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by NNAMDIII(m): 1:48am On Sep 21, 2020
Casplocked what do you have to say?

To me it's trash!
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by ggirl4real: 7:03am On Sep 21, 2020
TruthHurts100:

J
Did your Sunday School teacher showed you this lie from the Bible?

Na my Pastor wife be my Sunday Schol teacher that time o
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by JourneytoEL(f): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2020
Pilot007:
Did the bible tell you that the thief on the cross was baptized? What do you now mean?
I'm also asking you if your bible told you he wasn't baptised. John the Baptist baptised almost everyone in Jerusalem and the surrounding province before his death, the thief also knew Jesus and the message of salvation that was why he said what he said, for all you know the thief might have been baptized.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
ggirl4real:
No
If she had any unconfessed sin before she died, she is going to hell straight, not minding if she's been righteous all along.

That is what my Sunday School teacher used to teach me.
How can one who is righteous have "unconfessed sin"? undecided
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Kobojunkie: 2:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
paulolee:
Yes, he is merciful GOD and dts what that thief on the cross with Jesus did before he died and was promised eternity in heaven..
but I think it would av been saver if she prayed and confessed herself than you guys praying for her bcoz the bible said "with the mouth confession is made unto salvation"....
but GOD av the final say.....see as i de preach n quote bible like say i be graduate of university of galilee, the funny thing be say na inside bet9ja shop i take de lai dis dey comment bt na only GOD go understand why bcoz man must survive...
happy sunday nairalanders.....this week would be our best
the thief on the cross was not promised eternity in Heaven. Paradise which is where Jesus Christ said He would be in that day is not Heaven.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Kobojunkie: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2021
hybrid77:
There is no one jn the world that knows what God's plan exactly is..

Just do your best as your conscience through God's love and let God take care of his judgement

You should now be more concerned about your soul.

God is merciful and his thoughts are not like ours.
God's made has been made clear for you in the gospels for more than a 1000 years now. That you choose to remain blind to it is your doing and not that the Truth is hidden.

Learm from Jesus Christ, the Truth of God Himself.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Mar 20, 2021
Halopy:
Forgiveness is of God alone, he has the perogative to forgive sins, although he gave us conditions to receive forgiveness as forgiving one another and confessing our own sins to him. Then he'll show us mercy and forgive us. However God is not interested in any soul to perish that's why he gave us his only begotten son, and he said clearly in Isaiah 55vs 8 and 9 thus "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." So If at the time of weakness the saints intercede for a soul WHO IS STILL LIVING, NOT DEAD! Good can have mercy on that soul because all our righteousness is like a filthy rag before Him, He is the only one who is perfect. But the best and assured way of salvation from damnation is to confess your sins while you still have the time. I rest my case
No one elsr not even the ones you call saints can get forgiveness from God on your behalf.

The New Covenant agreement is between you and God. Your relationships with other men does not directly impact your agreement.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
ggirl4real:

That's why I left Christianity

I don't understand why different Pastors and churches should be preaching different things, all backed up by the Bible
They are not all backed by the same bible.

If you have ever carefully read that book, for yourself, you will be able to easily pick out the frauds from those who speak what is in fact told you in the book.
Re: If We Ask For The Forgiveness Of God Before We Die, Will God Forgive us ? by Kobojunkie: 2:34am On Dec 16, 2023
Akube1z:
I lost a relative. She was seriously sick . We had prayed to God to forgive her of her short comings and sins on earth, before she gave up the ghost in the middle of the night.
God does not forgive the sins of one who is not holy and righteous. It doesn't matter whether you are on your death bed or not, so long as you are not first Holy and righteous, God does not forgive your sins. That is why Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God(Holiness), followed by God's righteousness so that all these things — including forgiveness of sins — shall be added to one. Without holiness, it is impossible to please God and hence impossible to get from Him answers to even prayers. undecided

I know your pastors tell you that God forgives you whenever you ask him, well that is a lie they tell you since Scripture instead makes clear that the unholy can't get God's attention let alone answers from Him. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Does A Person Know That He Or She Has The Heavenly Calling? / New Photos Of Children Who Survived Reigners Church Collapse / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.