Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,625,261 members, 6,122,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 27 January 2021 at 09:36 PM

Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) (32392 Views)

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun / Maria: The Sequel / The Nemesis Of Ezra Season One:beginning Of Karma. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by gloryon(m): 8:34pm On Jan 03
Happy new year ,larrysun. God bless you real good.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by YeSJacky(m): 10:51pm On Jan 03
Happy new year Mr Larry!
Please do well and upload the complete book to Okadabooks, I need a swift ride on it. Thanks Mr Larry Rider.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Ultimategeneral: 7:10am On Jan 04
Happy new year Larry
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Kaycee9242(m): 8:39am On Jan 04
Happy new year Larry, u are doing great in this work
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Inkopere: 8:57am On Jan 04
Wahala be like bicycle for Belewa house
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 04
The secret of Mrs Belewa might have to do with the paternity or maternity of basket or black.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Ann2012(f): 9:48pm On Jan 04
Thanks for the update boss
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by ifemism02(m): 2:23pm On Jan 06
In this Season of DNA test, would Basket not go for one like this.. Make Wahala cum be like bicycle grin grin grin.....
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Afostev11(m): 3:38pm On Jan 06
I love it when someone is been sincere to nature, t's just human to love one than the other and that is what mama said which make a good woman....
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by sheba222(f): 7:29pm On Jan 06
ifemism02:
In this Season of DNA test, would Basket not go for one like this.. Make Wahala cum be like bicycle grin grin grin.....
abeg no bring DNA matter come here.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by iamL(f): 5:52pm On Jan 07
sheba222:
abeg no bring DNA matter come here.

He wan shake LarrySun table.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by ChemicalReaction(f): 10:27pm On Jan 07
Larry, sorry to ask, did you edit your story to suit the current DNA saga in Nigeria or it's just a coincidence?
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by LarrySun(m): 11:46pm On Jan 07
ChemicalReaction:
Larry, sorry to ask, did you edit your story to suit the current DNA saga in Nigeria or it's just a coincidence?
Coincidence.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Rick9(m): 2:02am On Jan 08
Happy' New Year Everyone

Happy New Year Larrysun.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by iamL(f): 1:12pm On Jan 10
The secret of Mrs Belewa might have to do with the paternity or maternity of basket or black.

I still stand with this.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by LarrySun(m): 10:02pm On Jan 10

Update 16

As opposed to Daniel Balewa, Isreal Balewa grew quickly and strongly. He was a quiet but adorable child in the house. While Danny enjoyed moving around and tearing things apart, Izzy was a docile child – he could remain in the same position for hours; and he could study an object or a person for as long as possible. Izzy didn’t really care much about toys; instead, he liked people. Human beings were his own toys; he loved playing with them. he would have loved to play forever with his brother but Danny was always crawling round and pulling things either down or apart. Izzy relinquished most of his toys to Danny and allowed him to break them into pieces. Whenever Danny was busy with breaking things apart, Izzy would sit quietly and watch. That was his own way of having fun – watching other people have fun.

Izzy rarely talked. The only time he would make a sound was during such times as teething. And when his diapers got wet, he would make a familiar grumble to signal for change; and when he cried it was either for food or because something was hurting him – Israel Balewa had very low threshold for pain or hunger.

As the two women of the family continued to discuss, John Balewa suddenly stepped in upon them.

“What are you ladies talking about?” he smiled at them.

“Oh, nothing important, my son,” replied his mother, “It’s the regular women gossip.”

Basket shook his head and dropped his briefcase. “Now where are my adorable kids?”

He walked to the babies’ cots. Danny was already out of it; he had crawled away from the cot and was grabbing the leg of a table, attempting to stand up. Basket reached down and pulled him up. He carried the baby back to the cot and deposited him; Danny was giggling, as if mocking him.

“Stay,” he told the child firmly.

“Why darling,” said Rhoda, “He’s not a dog. He’s your child.”

Basket pretended not to hear his wife. He moved to the other cot and reached in to pick up Israel. “Oh my lovely child,” he said cheerfully, “How are you doing today? Did you miss your pappy? Aww, I missed you too. I missed you so much.”

Basket felt more connected to Israel than he was with Daniel. As much as he tried, he didn’t feel as attached to Daniel as he was to the other kid. Daniel was too troublesome for his liking; the way the child tore down things and break them apart always filled him with ire. He would have to be wary of Daniel; the child could grow up to become troublesome. Something about the child seemed off to him; as much as he tried to get close to him, Basket couldn’t bring himself to love the baby as much as he loved Israel – and he wondered why.

He loved one child more than the other. He knew it was a wrong to do as a parent but he couldn’t help it; he just wasn’t as connected to Daniel as he was with Israel. His guts told him something was wrong somewhere but he couldn’t put his finger at the problem.

Basket was more invested in Israel’s growth. He observed the child’s first smile; he had been overjoyed when Israel smiled at him for the first time. The smile was broad and full of life; indeed, it lightened up the entire room, and even his dampened mood. He had come home from work and had been overwhelmed by the stress of the job, especially the situation that involved Peter Black and the escaped fugitive. He had spent the better part of the day thinking deeply and feeling helpless at the same time. He had come home hungry and tired. And when he went to the cot to pick up Israel as he normally did whenever he returned from work, the child had smiled at him. It was the prettiest smile Basket had ever seen. It seemed to him like the child was telling him that everything would be okay. A surge of relief and calmness had washed over him as soon as he saw the smile. As he put the child back in the cot, he felt inspired – he felt rejuvenated, as if he had just touched the hem of the Messiah’s garment. The smile from the boy gave him the strength to move on. Because of that smile alone, Basket believed he would get to the root of the matter concerning the escaped convict and Peter Black. Basket believed Peter would eventually break out of jail, and he spent every day preparing himself for that moment. When Peter came out, he, Basket, would be at the other side of the wall waiting for him. He would grab him and return him to where he belonged. He would continue to prove to Peter that he was smarter.

Initially, he had felt helpless and scared because Roberto had threatened him; but now that Roberto was dead, he could concentrate on the things that mattered. He intended to uncover the mystery behind the death of the Itali8an anyway. Basket still believed that Peter had a hand in the Italian’s death. He didn’t do it directly of course, but whoever had killed the man had done it under the order of Peter Black. Whoever killed Roberto was a powerful person. It wouldn’t take an ordinary killer to gain access into the evil man’s mansion and kill him; the killer must be well-connected; and if that killer was indeed working for Peter Black – then Basket didn’t want to imagine how powerful Peter Black could be. His old scrawny childhood friend might be the leader of a cartel. The thought sent a shiver through Basket’s body. The Peter Black he thought he knew might be who Peter himself wanted him to know. It was no news that Peter Black was a master of manipulations; he must have manipulated the killer into working for him – into carrying out his biddings. A lot of ideas had flashed through Basket’s head just because Israel had smiled at him. He had found the smile highly assuring; and because of Israel, he believed in his ability to best Peter Black psychologically.

Israel’s first tooth was also as delightful to Basket as his first smile. Basket was so happy to see his kid gradually grow. In fact, he brought home a video camera to record every new change in the children, but he was more interested in Israel’s growth – Danny was already an active boy so Basket didn’t really care about him. He was actually less concerned about the boy’s development. There was a distance between them that he wasn’t really willing to bridge; and it seemed like the boy didn’t care either. Unlike Israel who was interested in other people, Daniel was fine with being left alone as long as all his needs were met, as long as he had enough toys to play with and tear apart. He was an independent child – he rarely cried, and he didn’t really care about food because he was seldom hungry. While Israel would cling to their mother’s breasts, Danny would rather cling to his toys.
Basket was more impressed by Israel’s height and weight; he grew faster than Danny and he looked a lot healthier. Basket had no doubt that the child was going to grow into a strong young man, just like his father.

He chose to ignore the development in Danny. It seemed like Danny was more mentally developed than Izzy but Basket chose to disregard it. he hardly talked to Danny; he even refused to address the child as ‘my son’ like he always called Izzy. Eventually, after a while, he ended up not speaking to the child at all. Whenever their eyes met, Basket would only stare at the boy blankly, and Danny would return the stare with a deep-throated giggle. Sometimes Danny would grip Basket’s index finger and would not let go, but Basket would force himself free and turn his eyes away from the boy. It seemed like the boy was trying to form a connection with him but Basket was not interested.

Sometimes on weekends, Basket would sit in a rocking chair and cradle Izzy in his arms while he watched Danny do his things. He would stare uninterestedly as Danny weaved his way through the room on all fours and tried to stand right by grabbing the legs of the furniture in the room – a feat that would have sent Basket jumping up in jubilation had it been Izzy doing it.

By the time Izzy was crawling freely in the house, Danny was already standing on his two legs; and it wouldn’t be long before he began to take his first steps. Basket considered the growths between these two lads a personal competition so he always urged Izzy to try to stand too – a feat the child was never able to achieve at the time. Even though he was being encouraged to stand, Izzy chose to stand only in his own time – he would not allow himself to be manipulated by his father. But this was what Danny wanted; he needed someone to push him to do incredible things. If Basket had channeled the same enthusiasm to Danny, the boy would probably be walking by now. Basket knew it, but he would not allow that to happen.

Izzy finally took his first step in his thirteenth month; it was a natural time for a child but Basket felt he did it too late. When Izzy was taking little steps, Danny was already walking freely in the house, much to Basket’s chagrin. Whenever he saw Danny walk, he always willed in his heart that the child fell down. Basket believed he didn’t hate the boy, he just wasn’t really fond of him. He was never impressed by whatever the child did. And when Danny did anything incredible, Basket was often filled with a kind of strange jealousy that always left him questioning his fatherhood. Something was definitely wrong somewhere; he could feel it in his bones – but still, he couldn’t suspect whatever might be amiss.

Izzy’s first word was Dada. He spoke this on one of the weekends when his father was rocking him in the chair. Basket had jumped up in excitement. He hugged the child tightly and danced around the room. Danny who was playing with his toys stopped what he was doing for a moment to stare at their father. He started giggling when he saw the man dancing round the house.

“Oh, my baby has spoken!” he spoke gleefully, “My child isn’t dumb! He can speak!”

To Basket, Izzy spoke before Danny, and he basked in the little feeling of victory. But he was wrong – Danny’s first word was Toy and he spoke it two months earlier, but nobody noticed, not even his mother or grandma, and the child didn’t care anyway. He was always immersed in his toys and finding new things to keep himself busy. He found more interest in books and learnt the English alphabet all on his own. Father always brought home educational home videos for Izzy but it was always Danny that concentrated in the videos. Learning came more easily to Danny than to Izzy, but still nobody in the house knew this. The boy never struggled to understand or remember things – he was naturally gifted.

One day, the two kids had their first fight. Basket had been mad with rage when he returned home and found dried tears on Izzy’s face. And when he learnt that Izzy had had a fight with Danny, he had almost smacked Daniel. He was held back by his mother.

“What are you doing?” she demanded in shock.

It was later he got to learn that Izzy had left bite marks on Danny’s body.

19 Likes

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Bukolaberry(f): 10:39pm On Jan 10
bravo, thanks for the update.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by crossfm: 10:52pm On Jan 10
Basket is turning into something else.

How can he be cruel to not just any child, but one that you call yours.

Na so witchcraft da take start oh.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Ann2012(f): 11:12pm On Jan 10
Basket is just heartless

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:47am On Jan 11
And it is said in the religious book of Christians, the Bible, that “the sins of the father will be visited on the children”. So unfair.

It is unfair in everyway one can think of,why should I pay a debt I didn't owe.. It's a different scenario if I willingly volunteered to pay,not when it's made mandatory without my consent..It leads to misfortune, undeserved hatred, jealousy, depression which could ultimately lead to suicide.. What can I say, What can I do. I am incapacitated..The ways of the Lord are not the ways of men.

Peter Black suffered for the atrocities of his late father, went through hell if am to put it more succinctly, for things he had no idea of, it's a miracle that he is still alive till now..

Now, here is Daniel Peter Black, being punished for the crimes his grandfather and father committed, people he doesn't even know exist..At such age? Why? Has his father not paid enough already? What can be done to break such cycle- I am yet to find out, too..

Worst of it all,he is getting these ill treatments from his supposed father,indeed,this life no balance!

BRAVO LARRYSUN!!!

8 Likes

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Palmerbarry: 2:00am On Jan 11
Basket is a wierdo. angry
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by PrinceMon101: 4:33am On Jan 11
Thank you Oga Larry

Following keenly
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Davidzy23(m): 6:46am On Jan 11
thanks for the update sir..
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Rapfrick(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11
@larrysun is the full book ready?

1 Like

Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Abosede512(f): 4:37pm On Jan 11
Thanks for the update, be more wisdom Of Larrysun
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Kaycee9242(m): 8:04am On Jan 12
Nawaoooooo! Well done Larry u are too much
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Nmezor(f): 3:30pm On Jan 12
Thanks for the update Oga Larry...Basket is so annoying undecided
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Rick9(m): 3:04am On Jan 14
We are watching.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Drew13: 12:16pm On Jan 14
I guess Daniel reminds basket of Peter black cool Nice one larry
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by marischerry(f): 5:56pm On Jan 16
Basket needs a therapist, my opinion.
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by Kaycee9242(m): 11:03pm On Jan 17
Chai Larry no show today? Its close to midnight
Re: Black Maria 4 (Nemesis) by kalajina(m): 9:03am On Jan 18
marischerry:
Basket needs a therapist, my opinion.
like seriously he needs it

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

BISI - The Other Woman (SHORT) By Jon Doe / Chinua Achebe Branded Vehicles Spotted In Uganda / The Torpedo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2021 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.