Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61818 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 8:53pm On Mar 05, 2011
coded guy:

Am getting tired of yabbing this arsenal side. I watched at a viewing center 4 d first time, ol boy the anguish and pain on the faces of d arsenal fans culda made t rex come back from extinction.

arsenal are big time bottlers. they have simply forgotten how to win league titles. i am happy they are the team breathing down united's neck and not chelsea or liverpool.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by nateevs(m): 9:31pm On Mar 05, 2011
Ibime:

Where is that punk Dr Kit who said that Arsenal dont need Fabregas (my favourite EPL player)?

Shebi him tink say the creativity that Fab4 brings to the side comes cheap?

You are not by any chance suggesting that Arsenal need Fab for maximum points against Sunderland.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2011
move on. and for the record, this one was not wenger's fault
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by edoyad(m): 10:40pm On Mar 05, 2011
^ looking at the big picture, i have to disagree with you.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codedguy1(m): 10:52pm On Mar 05, 2011
edoyad:

^ looking at the big picture, i have to disagree with you.

who snap the pinshure grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 10:59pm On Mar 05, 2011
Ibime:

Where is that punk Dr Kit who said that Arsenal dont need Fabregas (my favourite EPL player)?

Lol Mr "Here to change the game like a Fabregas pass" i am sure Cesc is flattered by your admiration but i doubt our failure to pick all 3 pts had anything to do with Cesc its not like we win every single game Cesc plays in

TBH we where sloppy from the start and i knew there would be trouble if we didnt get a goal within the first 45 mins as Sunderland are fond of always trying to pull off these stunts at the Emiraati (word to MrCrackles) Nasri had a couple of glorious chances and Bendtner too and lemme not start with Arshavin! Of course Abou stank up the park again and i doubt i would watch the return leg against Barca if i see that nucca in the starting lineup! His brain always seems to be on some 20 minute delay! Passing poorly,holding on the ball for too damn long e.t.c

We would definitely need a miracle at the Camp Nou a really big miracle
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by agabaI23(m): 11:12pm On Mar 05, 2011
Did Arsene instruct Denilson to make only backward and sideways passes? That guy does not play like a Brazilian angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2011
agabaI23:

Did Arsene instruct Denilson to make only backward and forward sideways passes? That guy does not play like a Brazilian angry
Lol me gan tire for the matter! Aside his defensive ineptitude you almost wonder if he would drop dead if he does not pass sideways or backwards! Na that one dem dey call make e no spoil for my hand grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by lalaboi(m): 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2011
**S M H** . . . Nothing new sha. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by agabaI23(m): 11:55pm On Mar 05, 2011
A-40:

Lol me gan tire for the matter! Aside his defensive ineptitude you almost wonder if he would drop dead if he does not pass sideways or backwards! Na that one dem dey call make e no spoil for my hand grin grin
Abeg na sideways I be wan write jare. If na forward I for no complain
I was thinking the guy has problem with his confidence. He passes the ball wherever he is facing and most times he is either facing sideways and backward. He makes no effort to turn even if no one is on him.

I taya for am
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 12:20am On Mar 06, 2011
^^ Its almost hilarious to watch! If you observe him closely the moment he gets the ball he just assumes that stance by default! Its almost like a reflex action that he just cant control and it smacks of lack of confidence! Just look at Wilshere
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kcjazz(m): 1:25am On Mar 06, 2011
With 10 games to go (one more than Man Utd by tommorow), the magic number is 25/30 points for the trophy. It is achievable.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by slimshay(m): 9:10am On Mar 06, 2011
The average midfielder makes 33% sideways and backwards passes. Denilson makes 30%. Orbinho stats.

Anyways we definitely weren't going to play our best game yesterday. Our best players were not on the pitch. However from all evidence the players on the pitch did enough to win that match. But they didn't, thank the retarded scummie who wore black for that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by agabaI23(m): 9:23am On Mar 06, 2011
^ How many backward passes on average? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 11:46am On Mar 06, 2011
Ibime:

only retards like u would fail to see that SONG was the major reason we didnt win Sunderland yesterday apart from ill-luck and bad officiating.

If SONG had been in that side, we would have had more of Wilshere's creativity on the field instead of relying on a DENILSON, DIABY and WILSHERE combo, that formation is always going to be weakened by the fact that Wilshere automatically is laden with more defensive responbilities even if assumed by himself and not instructed to. We have played a lot of matches with FAB4 missing and we cant continue to rely on him, if u want ur 'baba olowo igbo' to buy be ready to shed 100 milla 'poun' . . .ode oshi grin

@All

Diaby will be playing against BARCA . . . .I also feel he might really make the difference, but I pray we have SONG fit for that match, we definitely will be going all out to play and not to defend so we should expect to see Chamakh and Bendtner together. BENDTNER's time to prove his worth, I THINK undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2011
Happy To Carry my Guns Straight To Nuo Camp

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by eyoniggar(m): 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2011
^^^^ You all shall return home with your rifles with all bullets loaded. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 2:13pm On Mar 06, 2011
Can't complain about the lads' performance yesterday, it was just one of those days. Bring on the Camp Nou.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by rasputinn(m): 4:21pm On Mar 06, 2011
The scousers are murdering the scummies

cry cry cry cry cry  why could we not take 3 points from yesterday's game  cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2011
^ Manscum murdered already. I hope the boys will make it count next weekend
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by nateevs(m): 5:01pm On Mar 06, 2011
Against which team is Arsenal's match-in-hand ?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by rasputinn(m): 5:03pm On Mar 06, 2011
I really hope so,I was so downcast after yesterday's game,moreso when we are so good and so close to winning silverware this season,I just pray the lads are up for it,by any means neccessary
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by rasputinn(m): 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2011
nateevs:

Lative Doctor,why uu dey ask,here la shesi caban
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2011
Unfortunate Hernandez got one goal back. I have already started looking at the GD. Scum lead by +3.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2011
nateevs:

The Spuds. . . .at Sh*t heart lane.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by nateevs(m): 6:00pm On Mar 06, 2011
rasputinn:

Lative Doctor,why uu dey ask,here la shesi caban

Trying to evaluate where more points could be dropped.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by biolabee(m): 10:31pm On Mar 06, 2011
sirwebs:

Unfortunate Hernandez got one goal back. I have already started looking at the GD. Scum lead by +3.

They lead by 3 points and +3 GD. Until we take the game in hand against Tottenham
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2011
So i finally found time to watch that Miyaichi boy in action. . . I already knew he was good technically but i didnt realize just how quick the kid is.

Word on the street is 3 Japanese TV stations bought Eredivisie rights cos of the boy.

Folks in Rotterdam are calling him, wait for it. . . the new lipsrsealed grin grin

Don't watch this space!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 1:19am On Mar 07, 2011
Teams cant keep helping us while we refuse to help ourselves! I was so sure Utd would lose yesterday which is what made Saturday's result more infuriating

@Hannie
Playing Diaby would be recipe for suicide! We might as well not go to Camp Nou
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 1:50am On Mar 07, 2011
@A-40

u wan bet ? Diaby go play at Nou Camp, whether he starts is another thing entirely!

We are WINNING them so whats the biggie ?

can their makeshift defence face a rampaging on-form Arshavin and a well-primed Nasri?

a SONG that was purposely rested to shackle Messi without minding he gets a red card ?

can they sustain the fact that their new nemesis is WILSHERE grin

I crave to see how WILSHERE will boss XAVI and INIESTA . . .

I remember that Arrow called Ibime saying XAVI never got bossed in any game and is better than Zidane, Ibime needs a brain surgery grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Ibime(m): 3:48am On Mar 07, 2011
hannie:

I crave to see how WILSHERE will boss XAVI and INIESTA . . .

I remember that Arrow called Ibime saying XAVI never got bossed in any game and is better than Zidane, Ibime needs a brain surgery  grin

You CRAVE to see, but in reality it's impossible.

You just mad, cos I tell it how it is. . . . and you tell it how it might be - P Diddy  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by slimshay(m): 8:27am On Mar 07, 2011
Ibime, they both got bossed by Wilshere at the Ems. Everybody saw it. CampNou is a wait and see.

@ All, as for me this is why we beat Barca and I will really love to approach the game the same way:

'31% of Arsenal passes were into or within their attacking third'. . .opta stats.

In summary we weren't forking around.

COYG. . .already winners of 2010/11 EPL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (100)

Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.