Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! (7168 Views)

Is My Girlfriend Trying To Pull My Legs? / What Could Be Wrong With This Girl?? Serious Minds Please. / Woman In Police Net For Using Teen Daughter To Defraud Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by EmmaJnr1: 9:56pm On Sep 21, 2020
J111333:
If this incident is the only reason you lost trust in her, my guy, have a rethink.

Honestly, she hasn't done anything wrong here. She might have been saving from her business and the 40k you send every month so she deserves an applause, not humiliation. How can you order her to send you a picture of her bank statement?Are you her father?

If she is a loyal partner and has loved you unconditionally for 5years, my guy don't dump that girl to avoid regrets later.

This is just my personal opinion.
Pls Sir I sincerely plead for you help. I need 10k for transport fare and feeding this month. I promise to pay back at month end pls
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2020
TheAviator2000:
I have a situation going on in my life right now with the woman that I love and i need your perspective in this situation.

To give you some background, my girlfriend and i have been together for almost 5 years in a mostly long distance relationship as i left the country after the first year of meeting her. When I finally found my feet abroad, I started sending her about 40k every month as upkeep money even without her asking. I have been consistently sending her this upkeep for about a year now and have never asked nor received anything in return.

Few weeks ago, my girlfriend mentioned that she needed a shop to expand has fast growing business as working from home is no longer convenient and she is beginning to loose customers as a result of that. I was really happy to hear that and promised to give her my support.

She eventually found a store that cost about N300k per annum and indicated that she had saved about 240k and needed about 150k from me to cover the remaining rent fees, agency fees, admin fees and minor renovations. I pledged to send her the money this week and as a man of my words, i intend to send it.

However, somethings did not sit right in with me and I inquired to know how she was able to save 240k as she had never ever mentioned having that type of money saved up. Before i sent her monthly upkeep money (40k), i always inquired to know how she was doing financially and there has never been a time where she mentioned she was saving money or have 240k saved up somewhere. As a matter of fact, she has never indicated to have more than 10k at any point in time

To end my doubts, i asked her send me a screenshot of her bank statement showing the savings and this made her really upset to the point of going into a rant about "lack of trust" in the relationship. Mind you, i have never asked her to send her back statement before and have never been the type to distrust the things she said as she has never really given me any reason to. I have always been supportive and the one time I actually needed some "assurance" to quell my doubts, she wasn't able to provide it.
At this point, I feel there is some level of deceit on her part to get some money from me.

I also asked her to send me picture of the store and she said she didn't take any picture when she went to check it ...

Last week, i told her to apply for a passport and wanted to send her like 80k to do that as my goal was to facilitate her eventual relocation to join me but on Saturday, she told me that she prefers the money goes into getting her store set up and she can always apply the passport with the money she makes from her store... hmmmm

To be honest, i am really upset and slightly depressed because I come across people back home trying to "job" me for cash but never thought it would come from my inner circle.

At this point, i have mentally moved on and after i send that 150k, i will block her everywhere and move on with my life. ... That is honestly how i feel right now
Unfortunately Nigeria money has depreciated that you are giving yourself headache over $300.Oga she is not your wife just a girlfriend a pseudo sister.If you are not comfortable turn it to a loan so she pay you back,why would you be asking for her bank statements,it sound gross to me.Trust me to get a store picture is the easiest thing.Money issues and trust are always big problem in a relationship.You can survive if you give room for some excesses.They are really no assurances abeg five-years she need to start withdrawing pension na ..
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by EmmySparky(m): 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2020
op u be legit client...
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Stevengerd(m): 10:20pm On Sep 21, 2020
TheAviator2000:
I have a situation going on in my life right now with the woman that I love and i need your perspective in this situation.

To give you some background, my girlfriend and i have been together for almost 5 years in a mostly long distance relationship as i left the country after the first year of meeting her. When I finally found my feet abroad, I started sending her about 40k every month as upkeep money even without her asking. I have been consistently sending her this upkeep for about a year now and have never asked nor received anything in return.

Few weeks ago, my girlfriend mentioned that she needed a shop to expand has fast growing business as working from home is no longer convenient and she is beginning to loose customers as a result of that. I was really happy to hear that and promised to give her my support.

She eventually found a store that cost about N300k per annum and indicated that she had saved about 240k and needed about 150k from me to cover the remaining rent fees, agency fees, admin fees and minor renovations. I pledged to send her the money this week and as a man of my words, i intend to send it.

However, somethings did not sit right in with me and I inquired to know how she was able to save 240k as she had never ever mentioned having that type of money saved up. Before i sent her monthly upkeep money (40k), i always inquired to know how she was doing financially and there has never been a time where she mentioned she was saving money or have 240k saved up somewhere. As a matter of fact, she has never indicated to have more than 10k at any point in time

To end my doubts, i asked her send me a screenshot of her bank statement showing the savings and this made her really upset to the point of going into a rant about "lack of trust" in the relationship. Mind you, i have never asked her to send her back statement before and have never been the type to distrust the things she said as she has never really given me any reason to. I have always been supportive and the one time I actually needed some "assurance" to quell my doubts, she wasn't able to provide it.
At this point, I feel there is some level of deceit on her part to get some money from me.

I also asked her to send me picture of the store and she said she didn't take any picture when she went to check it ...

Last week, i told her to apply for a passport and wanted to send her like 80k to do that as my goal was to facilitate her eventual relocation to join me but on Saturday, she told me that she prefers the money goes into getting her store set up and she can always apply the passport with the money she makes from her store... hmmmm

To be honest, i am really upset and slightly depressed because I come across people back home trying to "job" me for cash but never thought it would come from my inner circle.

At this point, i have mentally moved on and after i send that 150k, i will block her everywhere and move on with my life. ... That is honestly how i feel right now
Life no balance o.
Where me I deh find Laptop to perfect my Music production skill.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by apokan200(m): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2020
iHart:
You can send her the money but be sure that the business can be able to generate revenue for subsequent shop rent.

Follow her up to know when she starts the business in the shop. Then, from time to time, when you know she must be in the shop you give her a video call. That is only when you will know the truth.

But to be frank, I see people who are abroad and sponsoring ladies in Nigeria for the sake of marriage as charity organisations.
real charity because most of those ladies end up using them along the line

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by apokan200(m): 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
Bessppectt:
So why still sending her the money if you'll block her and move on? Why not save your money for yourself. Besides, no concrete evidence she's scamming you.
are you serious right now,she is scamming him for goodness sake how can someone babe picked up an offense because of a prove to show she isn’t lying lol beware of any ladies who says you are too insecure or you have trust issues when you are trying to let them say the truth
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Akanoaaa(m): 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
She's just trying to add the money to the money she's planning to use for wedding with another man.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Openbusiness: 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2020
TheAviator2000:

She's not trying to job you, though she is not being completely honest. Girls or gf generally when it comes to big money demands, cuz they want to make it look like they are serious and not wasters or jokers that don't have any plan, if they need 500 naira, they won't ask you for the complete N500, to avoid looking like a liability. Instead, they will tell you something like, the money is N1800 but she has been able to save (or raise) N1,300 and she needs N500 to complete it. By asking this way, you will take her more seriously as someone with a serious plan to better herself, a woman willing to work and not sell herself for money etc.. It will ginger her bf to support her. Na old trick. She told you she saved the money cuz she wants you to feel like she is not a waster and she has been responsible with the money you have been sending her and managing it well. She juz dey use style to hype herself. D fact she is forming offense when u said she should show her account proves she might not have any money like that, and the actual rent (if true) she needs is the 150k. Whether she wants to actually rent shop or not, I can't tell. And I can't call her a liar because I don't know her before. But you are the one that knows her and can.be a better judge on whether she is the swindler type of gf or the responsible type. If you haven't caught her doing such bad thing, then just assume that it's either she actually really wants to rent a shop, OR she has put herself in a problem that she wants to use the money to solve but she is afraid to tell you the problem. It might not be her direct problem, it could be her immediate family. That's the way I see it. You can help her, but talk to her more and try to get her to open up. Tell her she can trust you with anything and you won't condemn her if she opens up. No need to block her or cut her off because of this. For you to be already planning how to help her relocate abroad means you have already seen some good character in her. Don't let little miscommunication gap end what is good. Patience is required dealing with women we love that is a genuine person with good character. Na dem dey give man headache pass.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Powerfly(f): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
maiiilooo:
grin lwkmd.... Person dey seek for advice, and u na wetin u fit notice be dis? Lol...
advice don full thread finish na. But that guy english off me i swear.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Powerfly(f): 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2020
maiiilooo:
grin lwkmd.... Person dey seek for advice, and u na wetin u fit notice be dis? Lol...
advice don full thread finish na. But that guy english off me i swear.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by konkonbilo(m): 10:57pm On Sep 21, 2020
maiiilooo:

Guy which kind talk come be dis one.. Why are u asking him if he's her father.
Her father dey send her 40k every month?
Habaaa... He has every right to ask her oooo...
No mind that idoit.. I was irritated by his comment that I hard to respond him same thing you told him. I told the idiot that since he's not his father let her father pay for the rent. Some people no sabi talk I swear, dem go just open mouth waaaaaa like tap wey Don spoil. Nonsense n ingredient.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Goalnaldo(m): 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2020
I wanted to say I won't be swimming in the river of tears you might shed later on but then the lady could be sincere. She may be irritated that you don't trust her anymore. Have you ever asked her to share her screenshot when you send the regular 40k? How come you are asking her now? It's no news that most women tend to save something from any amount given to them no matter how small the money is. Do you realize she could have snapped a picture of any shop and send to you, if she wanted the money? Your case is complicated but may God help you make the right decision.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by realestate99: 11:58pm On Sep 21, 2020
BiggyB242:
She is in love with someone else, which lady wouldn't be happy to start processing her passport. She doesn't want to come over.

This is a very solid perspective, O.p should just stop being emotional, how could a girl turn down an offer to relocate abroad in this buhari's regime? the probability of that girl running another viable relationship is high or maybe she is not that into O.p, because I do not know how a girl can stylishly reject an offer to relocate abroad from your lover of 5 years.

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by jaszplus12(m): 12:29am On Sep 22, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
....If she can't send those evidences you asked of,then pause. Don't send her any money yet.

Do your investigations to findout what's she is hiding from you

Another guy might be behind the scene.

Use your head.
Very true...in fact she's the one who doesn't trust the OP. And OP has been too casual in the relationship, once complacency takes a hold, then just know one of the two is bound to take the other for a ride...
If she's sincere to him, she ought to have been giving him update on the expenses she makes just to show him she is resourceful and as a sign of respect for him... unfortunately it is not so!
Too many loopholes in her excuses.
OP, don't just send money, unless you're ready to forgo it and her! Cheers

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 22, 2020
its very clear this ur girl has clearly moved on cheesy
the clincher was the refusal of the money u sent her for passport and she said she would prefer using it for her business
babe don forget about u my guy
another guy has taken over ur place and is now rocking her boat
the 40k u send her every month plus other acessories na she and her new guy dey enjoy d money
u better start forgetting about her and start looking at the chicalas in the new country u now residing
if she still had feelings for u she would have hurrdily used the money u sent for to do the passport
guy start focusing on the chicalas in ur new country
woman na woman
forget about her
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Beatswim: 12:42am On Sep 22, 2020
Am sorry about your situation my bro..in my own opinion,u ask a lady u have been supporting with 40k per month to send screenshots of her statement to u and she turned it to be lack of trust?this is absolutely red flag and u don't need a soothsayer to tell u that this woman is quite secretive and manipulative... God is actually showing u something ..pls listen..we that are married..these are simple things we noticed before going ahead..
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:
I

Beautiful move..but u dont need to block her..dats kinder extreme.una no dey quarrel.just codedly unfriend her on facebook or any social channel user then as for whatsap u can delete her whatsap number.and as for the 150k..biko are u oweing her money? if na money wey u dey owe her then pay her the 150 but if na just money wey u promise to dash her it is not compulsory to give her the money.Dont put urself into any stress.If u schooling in the country u residing its not even advisable sending money to ppl.every dollar and euro is essential for ur wellbeing.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:46am On Sep 22, 2020
.....@OP. Ozo is man enough than you.

You re seeing a big scam but you're still blind.

Hahahahaha.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 22, 2020
Nukubib:

I'm sure the babe makes jest of you among her friends..
so true cheesy..some girls would even put u on loudspeaker so their friends can hear ur conversation when she is asking for money or show ur chats to their friends.they do this to oil their ego and proof to their friends that anyting they demand from men the men will do it grin
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 22, 2020
Caio:

bro very few women will be very sincere with they man when it comes to how much they have. A woman may have 100k but will tell u she has 30k.
Even my own Girl does same .
She always have her reason of not wanting me to know.
So am used to that.tho sometimes she open up.

So maybe same is applied to your girl.
and u are dating such a girl shocked
except maybe wetin u dey do na chop and clean mouth grin
but if its a serious u planning to lead to marriage ol boy na big hole u wan fall enter
if ur partner is deceitful and lies to u then such a partner can easily hire assasins to rid u off so she can take over ur wealth cheesy
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Ohizman73(m): 1:36am On Sep 22, 2020
I don't see any big deal in her request.it is even in the best light as she claims it is for a business venture (a store). That would generate said revenue for her upkeep and in long term lessen the burden on your shoulders in sending 4Ok every month for her. Send her the money and look behind the scenes, if she would come up with another story of need for funds from you. Then she has sold herself out because it would be on record that she made that request for a particular purpose. If she did not gradually decrease her monthly allowance and see whether she would complain. Much later after about some months secretly contact somebody here on ground to investigate wether she really rented the store. This would not be hard to find out. As they say you set a thief to catch a thief. You give her an element of doubt as you want to send her the money , don't block her. Just play along and see the outcome as a test to know her worth. If she in the end live up to expectation. Pls do the honor of making her a life partner. Cheers
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by tit(f): 1:37am On Sep 22, 2020
emillysmigael:
She is innocent till proven guilty...

It is a game
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 1:46am On Sep 22, 2020
EmmaJnr1:
Pls Sir I sincerely plead for you help. I need 10k for transport fare and feeding this month. I promise to pay back at month end pls
I wish I could help bro, I am sorry.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by RSVP: 2:29am On Sep 22, 2020
You're being played bro.
I would have advice you to get out of that relationship but I realized there was NO relationship.. You've turned ursef to potential maga the moment you started sending her stipend. I don't know maybe our naija babes just don't like nice guys like us. cheesy

You dey obodoyibo where plenty lonely chocolate sexy nyash dey still dey do audio dating with one naija babe.. Bros no dey do like dat oo.

That is how one stupid girl I met just last week started billing me... mo savage werey danu.

So since you actually wanted to dash out 150k. I'd advice you to do giveaway to people who really need it cuz ekpa make I no lie you. That girl no go appreciate you....

5k *30 =150k or maybe 2k for everyone till the money quench.
Anyhow you want ham sha remember I dey first roll cheesy
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 2:50am On Sep 22, 2020
iHart:
You can send her the money but be sure that the business can be able to generate revenue for subsequent shop rent.

Follow her up to know when she starts the business in the shop. Then, from time to time, when you know she must be in the shop you give her a video call. That is only when you will know the truth.

But to be frank, I see people who are abroad and sponsoring ladies in Nigeria for the sake of marriage as charity organisations.
she has no intention of getting any shop that is upto that amount neither does she even have any 240k saved somewhere.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 2:57am On Sep 22, 2020
Hmmmm
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by EmmaJnr1: 3:09am On Sep 22, 2020
J111333:
I wish I could help bro, I am sorry.
OK thanks
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by deewhydoski(m): 3:47am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:

This would be the last time i will address this question.

All my family have now joined me abroad and are living with me.
God has been good and things worked out and now they are all doing well and trying to go to the next level.
Then dont spend your hard earned money on a long distance relationship that doesn't have future.
Please don't send her that 150k until u are sure she saying the truth about the shop.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by EgunMogaji2: 5:44am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:

Oga, you’re not even married with children and you’re already stressing. This will get worse.

1) Don’t take Naija girl to abroad. Don’t. You will, I know.

2) Turn this one to a free agent. She’s swindling you.

Good luck, it’s not easy.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by lordizak(m): 5:45am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:

You are correct to be cautious, but sometimes, you have to learn to trust people b4 you assume they can't be trusted. Give her benefit of doubt.

This is 21st century, you can get to see her in the shop during video calls. Secondly, should know there are boundaries, at least 4 now. if start the game of checking her every move, she will play you .

Dating in this modern time, is a risk. Get some balls. What will be will be. In any case, be the bigger boy.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by RealAlubarika(m): 6:01am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:

My submission here let her provide a screen shot of her bank statement, before sending her the balance. Come on you're the man don't let her manipulate you. SECONDLY HOPE YOU'RE SENDING YOUR PARENTS AND SIBLINGS UPKEEP MONEY ON A MONTHLY BASIS ?
I RISE
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 6:09am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:

bro she's lying and she's cheating on you, she ain't got any shop or savings.. Why can't she just ask you instead of lying to u! She's taking advantage of your generosity! No pics of the shop ND bank statements.. Definitely something smells fishy. Id advice u still investigate..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dark Side Of Porn… / What I Told My School Crush When She Asked For A Favor. / Most Girls Do This When They See Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.