Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,775 members, 7,831,494 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! (7159 Views)

Is My Girlfriend Trying To Pull My Legs? / What Could Be Wrong With This Girl?? Serious Minds Please. / Woman In Police Net For Using Teen Daughter To Defraud Suitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by maiiilooo(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2020
Powerfly:

advice don full thread finish na. But that guy english off me i swear.
Abii grin
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by maiiilooo(m): 6:46am On Sep 22, 2020
konkonbilo:
No mind that idoit.. I was irritated by his comment that I hard to respond him same thing you told him. I told the idiot that since he's not his father let her father pay for the rent. Some people no sabi talk I swear, dem go just open mouth waaaaaa like tap wey Don spoil. Nonsense n ingredient.
LOL forget am abeg..
I been dey think say na only Buhari dull for this country..
Ah no know say dem get people like am grin
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Crownstar01: 6:47am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:
I have a situation going on in my life right now with the woman that I love and i need your perspective in this situation.

To give you some background, my girlfriend and i have been together for almost 5 years in a mostly long distance relationship as i left the country after the first year of meeting her. When I finally found my feet abroad, I started sending her about 40k every month as upkeep money even without her asking. I have been consistently sending her this upkeep for about a year now and have never asked nor received anything in return.

Few weeks ago, my girlfriend mentioned that she needed a shop to expand has fast growing business as working from home is no longer convenient and she is beginning to loose customers as a result of that. I was really happy to hear that and promised to give her my support.

She eventually found a store that cost about N300k per annum and indicated that she had saved about 240k and needed about 150k from me to cover the remaining rent fees, agency fees, admin fees and minor renovations. I pledged to send her the money this week and as a man of my words, i intend to send it.

However, somethings did not sit right in with me and I inquired to know how she was able to save 240k as she had never ever mentioned having that type of money saved up. Before i sent her monthly upkeep money (40k), i always inquired to know how she was doing financially and there has never been a time where she mentioned she was saving money or have 240k saved up somewhere. As a matter of fact, she has never indicated to have more than 10k at any point in time

To end my doubts, i asked her send me a screenshot of her bank statement showing the savings and this made her really upset to the point of going into a rant about "lack of trust" in the relationship. Mind you, i have never asked her to send her back statement before and have never been the type to distrust the things she said as she has never really given me any reason to. I have always been supportive and the one time I actually needed some "assurance" to quell my doubts, she wasn't able to provide it.
At this point, I feel there is some level of deceit on her part to get some money from me.

I also asked her to send me picture of the store and she said she didn't take any picture when she went to check it ...

Last week, i told her to apply for a passport and wanted to send her like 80k to do that as my goal was to facilitate her eventual relocation to join me but on Saturday, she told me that she prefers the money goes into getting her store set up and she can always apply the passport with the money she makes from her store... hmmmm

To be honest, i am really upset and slightly depressed because I come across people back home trying to "job" me for cash but never thought it would come from my inner circle.

At this point, i have mentally moved on and after i send that 150k, i will block her everywhere and move on with my life. ... That is honestly how i feel right now
Hey, do not send the money. Obviously, she's trying to scam you. Stop acting like a wussy.
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 22, 2020
TheAviator2000:

Please no insult. Lets respect each other and have a cordial and friendly conversations.
Take care.

You are a simple simp. Sorry cry

1 Like

Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by femi4: 8:21am On Sep 22, 2020
emillysmigael:
She is innocent till proven guilty...
Seems your mumu never do.....you still see her as "innocent until proven guilty" . Whenever you are ready, you can quit
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Cherez: 9:38am On Sep 22, 2020
Bros, don't send that money oooo
Please send it to any of your sibling or cousin
Kai!
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Keji1012(m): 5:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Nukubib:

Bros know you are being scammed. I know you know. It would be in your best interest not to send her that money, cos it will make the breakup less painful. If you send, you'll just keep hurting yourself.

If a lady you have been supporting for over 2 years is finding it hard to send acct balance, then she's stupid. And if you send her that remaining money, you are more stupid. There's nothing like sending because you are man of your words. You just want to be foolish.

I'm sure the babe makes jest of you among her friends. No lady respects such a man like you e.g she doesn't listen to whatever advice you give her.
She sees you as ATM and not her lover and when she's done with you, you'll come back here to cry more.

Best advise ever on naira land
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 06, 2020
NNU0000:
E be things oh.Why dis lyf no wan balance. Oga ahiboilandgas,find me something abeg.
ewwwwww
Re: Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! by habsydiamond(m): 4:57pm On Oct 06, 2020
op... this babe of urs is only trying to milk u dry like indian cow oo... its better u investigate well b4 u invest in her again... who knows if all the money u have been sending as her upkeep were going to one boyfriend somewhere...wise up ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dear Men! If Your Woman Behaves Like This She Is A Wife Meterial / Did I Fall In Love With The Wrong Person? Pls Advise! / Who Should Love More In A Relationship:the Guy Or The Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.