Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole (34516 Views)

Oshiomhole And Okorocha Avoid Each Other At APC Rally In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole And Bukola Saraki At Jonathan's Book Launch / Adams Oshiomhole And His Wife, Iara Chilling In US After DSS Saga (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Kwanza: 4:27pm On Sep 21, 2020
Oshiomhole and His Lizard and Lion Hyperbole

I just heard d audiotape of Oshiomhole's interview with ChannnelsTV a day before the Edo governorship election where he characterized Obaseki's promise to extirpate his "godfatherly" tentacles in Edo as the threats of a "lizard" to a "lion." (Obaseki is the "lizard" and he is the "lion."wink

That's an unusually over-dramatic hyperbole, which aggrandizes the enormity of Oshiomhole's defeat--and the deep psychic rupture he must be nursing now.

The defeat of a lion by a lizard is the stuff of legends. The Bible's "David and Goliath" story pales miserably in comparison!

https://twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1308064606963761152?s=19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UvNP2gLM0s

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Millimann: 4:30pm On Sep 21, 2020
He over-estimated his popularity.

176 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by dollytino4real(f): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2020
buy oshopikin and get tinubu for free

176 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Racoon(m): 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2020
"Pride goeth before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall." -(Proverbs 16:18)

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by ican2020: 4:48pm On Sep 21, 2020
smiley
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by braveboi4life: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2020
I WILL ADVICE APC, NEVER TO ATTEMPT GIVING BAT THEIR PRESIDENTIAL TICKET, IN AS MUCH AS I KNOW THAT NIGERIANS HAVE REJECTED APC AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL AND WILL SHOW IT IN 2023, IF THEY GIVE BAT..THE LOSE AGAINST THEM WILL BE VERY LOUD...THIS IS A WARNING. FYI AM NOT IPOB BEFORE YOU GUYS START COMING AFTER ME

121 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by DMerciful(m): 5:29pm On Sep 21, 2020
grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by DMerciful(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2020
Federal might disappointed him!

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by slivertongue: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
osho orphan

20 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by slivertongue: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
The defeat of a lion by a lizard is the stuff of legends. The Bible's "David and Goliath" story pales miserably in comparison!

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by slivertongue: 6:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Obaseki is now the lion and Oshiomhole and APC are the lizard

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by slivertongue: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2020
braveboi4life:
I WILL ADVICE APC, NEVER TO ATTEMPT GIVING BAT THEIR PRESIDENTIAL TICKET, IN AS MUCH AS I KNOW THAT NIGERIANS HAVE REJECTED APC AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL AND WILL SHOW IT IN 2023, IF THEY GIVE BAT..THE LOSE AGAINST THEM WILL BE VERY LOUD...THIS IS A WARNING. FYI AM NOT IPOB BEFORE YOU GUYS START COMING AFTER ME

they failed themselves and would pay dearly regardless of who gets the ticket

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Built2last: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2020
More than half of the politicians in this country, including the President, CANNOT survive without periodic travels to the UK, USA and other European countries either for medical issues, their children schools or other matters not unconnected with their spouses, businesses or holidays.

Periodic visits to the US, UK and other European countries are as indispensable to them as water is to the fish.

If the EU and UK were to go the route of the US in not just threatening but actually slamming Visa Ban and asset seizure on election riggers here both in INEC, the security agencies (the two most notorious electoral bandits in Nigeria) and amongst the politicians and the judiciary headed by the aeroplane-driving Chief Justice of Nigeria and the election petition tribunal judges, all of whom constitute the biggest electoral headache ailing this country, trust me, we will witness significant changes in our polity. These sanctions should also be extended to their families.

There can be no true democracy without a credible electoral process where the people are allowed to chose their leaders.

Repeatedly, Africans, not just Nigerians, have proven that indeed, we are incapable of running our affairs without outside help.

A shame, isn't it?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by mattmogan88: 7:13pm On Sep 21, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD
Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by speaktokingfemi: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
NIGERIA OUR COUNTRY, WHEN ONE IS IN POWER THEY HAVE FULL CONFIDENT FORGETTING THAT GOD HAS BEEN IN POWER EVEN BEFORE THEIR ANCESTORS WHERE BORN AND HE WILL STILL BE IN POWER EVEN AFTER THEY ARE GONE, WHAT WILL BE WILL BE

PLEASE AM STILL HERE OOOOH MAKE UNA PATRONIZE ME

7 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by asobo: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
Shuaibu pepper dem

#EdoNoBeLagos

22 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by OgbanjeProphet: 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2020
After GRA GRA na GROUND GROUND grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by asobo: 7:15pm On Sep 21, 2020
Built2last:
More than half of the politicians in this country, including the President, CANNOT survive without periodic travels to the UK, USA and other European countries either for medical issues, their children schools or other matters not unconnected with their spouses, businesses or holidays.

Periodic visits to the US, UK and other European countries are as indispensable to them as water is to the fish.

If the EU and UK were to go the route of the US in not just threatening but actually slamming Visa Ban and asset seizure on election riggers here both in INEC, the security agencies (the two most notorious electoral bandits in Nigeria) and amongst the politicians and the judiciary headed by the aeroplane-driving Chief Justice of Nigeria and the election petition tribunal judges, all of whom constitute the biggest electoral headache ailing this country, trust me, we will witness significant changes in our polity. These sanctions should also be extended to their families.

There can be no true democracy without a credible electoral process where the people are allowed to chose their leaders.

Repeatedly, Africans, not just Nigerians, have proven that indeed, we are incapable of running our affairs without outside help.

A shame, isn't it?
You aren't far from the truth. The US visa sanction was apt and it kept INEC and Buhari on their toes but their apologist will defer.

13 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
At the end of the day, the "lion was delionized by the people of Edo state and sent away from the jungle into a snail's shell"

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by kambili999(f): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
grin.

Well he got served

This man should just go and sleep

It pains me deeply that this man who once fought for the right of people under NLC can turn out to be like this.

Well, power and money can change a person.

Let's all be guided

22 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Kusheer(m): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Omg wtf
Set awon thieves
Set awon liars
Set awon MF

1 Like

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by vickydankal(f): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Man is not God

2 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by NaijaCuzin: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Who is the teacher? grin

At the end

#EdoNobeLagos

10 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by valves: 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Pride comes before a fall. He never saw it coming.

Political Lion my foot.

9 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Beverlyjean(f): 7:16pm On Sep 21, 2020
Edos step godfather has been relegated

6 Likes

Re: Farooq Kperogi: Oshiomhole And His Lizard And Lion Hyperbole by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 21, 2020
I need a casual job in Ibadan please� Even if it is daily site work

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose, Fani-Kayode React As Tambuwal Dumps APC For PDP / Rufai Oseni Shades APC Governors For Going To Meet Buhari Over Naira Redesign / PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Visits Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.