Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution (5858 Views)

This Is What Edo No Be Lagos Means / APC Has A List Of Persons To Be Lagos Governors - Jide Adediran / Desmond Elliot: Edo Can Be Lagos & Godfatherism Is Not A Bad Thing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Gang90: 9:55am On Sep 22, 2020
Sammy07:
OP. should Have made his search privately

Some people will go and modify comments
In that case, any comment that would qualify must have been mentioned or the topic must have comments suggesting the implied meaning or a direct quote of the slogan.
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2020
Here is it

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Depressed101: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2020
tesppidd:
[s]The fact is that black people and Nigerians specifically like to embrace dumb and meaningless things as long as it affects people whom the perceive to be the cause of their hunger and sufferings.

This Edo nor be Lagos slogan is as dumb as it gets.

How can Lagos even be comparable to Edo when PDP has always been the ruling party in Edo bar the 8 years of Adams?
Edo is actually a PDP state.

There are 2 categories of politicians;

1. Those who are godfathers today.
2. Those who shall attempt to be godfathers tomorrow.

There has never been a politician in the history of Nigeria who left office without attempting to plant a successor or stooge.
Never!
Even Jonathan planted Seriake Dickson.

Politicians always try; some fail while others succeed.

The anger and outcry about Tinubu is that he always succeeds.

One thing is as certain as the sunrise;

Both Obaseki and Wike will attempt to do an "Oshiomole" in 4 and 3 years' time respectively.

Whether they fail or succeed remains to be seen.[/s]
you've made no point. You obviously don't understand modern Nigerian politics
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Sammy07: 9:57am On Sep 22, 2020
Gang90:

In that case, any comment that would qualify must have been mentioned or the topic must have comments suggesting the implied meaning or a direct quote of the slogan.

Yeah, direct quote will justify everything
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Sammy07: 9:59am On Sep 22, 2020
Nels55:
Here is it
We have earlier than that date. Seun ought to improve on his search engine.
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by gulfer: 10:05am On Sep 22, 2020
Edo nor be Lagos actually started with the demystification of Saraki in Ilorin; when they started the 'O O to ge" movement, this was supposed to continue by Ambode's defying Tinubu in Lagos but he could not withstand the heat........The coinage, 'Edo nor be Lagos' was an offshoot of Kwaran revolt against Saraki as the Godfather of Kwara politics cool cool cool cool
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Depressed101: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2020
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Favourchris(f): 10:14am On Sep 22, 2020
tesppidd:
The fact is that black people and Nigerians specifically like to embrace dumb and meaningless things as long as it affects people whom the perceive to be the cause of their hunger and sufferings.

How can Lagos even be comparable to Edo when PDP has always been the ruling party in Edo bar the 8 years of Adams?

There has never been a politician in the history of Nigeria who left office without attempting to plant a successor or stooge.
Never!

Both Obaseki and Wike will attempt to do an "Oshiomole" in 4 and 3 years' time respectively.

Whether they fail or succeed remains to be seen.

The problem is no planting, after planting them, then let them make their decisions.

Let them rule and choose who to rule with them. U because u plant them don't mean u will rule by proxy
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Xfemt(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2020
rapid101 started it wit a quote if I cud remember

and I tink he is starting another now
#freeko

1 Like

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Notatribalist(m): 10:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Okuda:

men who the furck cares who started it? abeg make we move on with our lives unto the next fish to fry. posterity ko, poster ni
You the furck don't care..We that FCK you care..
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Notatribalist(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2020
Ajibel:

You're moving onto Lagos to do what?
To liberate Lagos nan..
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Okuda(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2020
Notatribalist:
You the furck don't care..We that FCK you care..

okay oga furcker. furck your life away...
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by WATCHOVER(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2020
I might not be the first person to start that "Edo no be lagos" mantra but was one of those persons who keyed into the mantra, we were called some many names, I remembered I was even threatend by a Nairalander but as God would have it our voice was heard by God.
I was the person who predicted that Ize-Iyamu will lose his Local government to Obaseki when voting was still ongoing.

Well all that have passed now we are going to Ondo to continue the Libration.

1 Like

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by tollyboy5(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2020
AlexBells:

That's another evidence, nothing earlier than this so far, we are not in a hurry but I believe if nothing earlier than this comes up before Sunday then you get your reward
Those guys are going back to edit their comment just let it go else you'll give to the wrong person. You should have not added price to it in the first place. I would have use google search query to get the earliest one
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by BERNIMOORE: 10:52am On Sep 22, 2020
AlexBells:

One of your post clearly shows you are among the early adoptee of the slogan, so we are getting really closer
one of my very first comment was June 12th and luckily it was quoted

See the link
https://www.nairaland.com/5921505/edo-2020-why-disqualified-obaseki#90596108

I also conducted a poll between Obaseki and ize iyamu

1 Like

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Blackking98(m): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2020
tesppidd:
The fact is that black people and Nigerians specifically like to embrace dumb and meaningless things as long as it affects people whom the perceive to be the cause of their hunger and sufferings.

Never!

Whether they fail or succeed remains to be seen.
The godfstherism we do in the SS is different what your Lord tinubu is practicing and Osho wanted to copy, yes govenors in the SS choose their successors and that's basically it, they don't have overbearing influence on their successors like your Lord in Lagos and sw. Men like Peter odili, Victor attah and James ibori are still influencial in their states both u don't see them doing what your Lord tinubu does so stop crying.

1 Like

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Blackking98(m): 11:01am On Sep 22, 2020
helinues:

Check both past and present support/prediction and sense of judgement on issues.

We no be crowd for politics oo, na game we sabi
You've started.
When APC looses now you'll swear heaven and Earth that u didn't support anybody in ondo.
Lzaa Immhotep Take note of this one grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by LadyExcellency: 11:13am On Sep 22, 2020
mascot87:
Edo governor ride to victory on the slogan "Say no to godfatherism, end godfatherism" I hope he will not try to be a godfather by anointing his preferred candidate when his tenor is over. If he does then he is an hypocrite. God spare my life and I pray to be alive. If Obaseki anoint a candidate to succeed him come 2024 then I'll be waiting to hear what people supporting him now including Edo state indigenes would have to say.
Till then, congrats to Edo Governor

Anointing a Candidate isn't a problem rather stopping or removing a Governor from reels on the account of personal disagreement.

Assuming Godship for a State and replacing the electorate is the problem
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by BERNIMOORE: 11:30am On Sep 22, 2020
One of my earliest comment was June 12
And it was quoted by someone that disagreed and replied my comment
See the link
https://www.nairaland.com/5921505/edo-2020-why-disqualified-obaseki#90596108

1 Like

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by ghettowriter(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2020
BigSarah:
Had to be one of those Pro-Ipob moniker .

You are right. I think i have a vauge idea of the term being used here for the first couple of times then it stucked. Sometimes later i start seeing it on twitter and it just peaked up.

This zombie and wailer stuffs started here as well
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2020
Ajibel:

You're moving onto Lagos to do what?
otoge bro, enough is enough in my dear state.
Tinubu and his goons would be severely humbled and his caliphate overthrown
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2020
popez:
I started it.
show proves na
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2020
popez:
Here's proof that I started it
there's a probability and high chance you also copied it from someone else
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Ebenezer2021(m): 11:54am On Sep 22, 2020
popez:
Here's another proof that I started it

Sammy07:
OP. should Have made his search privately

Some people will go and modify comments
modified comments grin grin
LZAA Imhotep IgbalodeRaymond you guys are missing out cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by BERNIMOORE: 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ebenezer2021:

Once your comment is quoted on Nairaland....You can't Edit the quoted comment and the date...
That why I snapshot my quoted phrase edo is not Lagos specifically on june 12th
I created a thread to formalize it on june 18th
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by AlexBells(m): 12:17pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ebenezer2021:

Please can you clarify a little on why it is a modified comment, I dont seem to understand
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Ajibel(m): 12:37pm On Sep 22, 2020
Notatribalist:
To liberate Lagos nan..

Liberate Lagos from the steady development it's experiencing?
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Ajibel(m): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ebenezer2021:
otoge bro, enough is enough in my dear state.
Tinubu and his goons would be severely humbled and his caliphate overthrown

Lol in your dear state.

So you are not interested in seeing Sanwoolu deliver on his campaign promises and build a greater lagos, you'd instead vote in people to come and experiment and put a wedge on the relative development Lagos has been witnessing since the days of BRF.
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by tesppidd: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2020
Blackking98:

The[s] godfstherism we do in the SS is different what your Lord tinubu is practicing and Osho wanted to copy, yes govenors in the SS choose their successors and that's basically it, they don't have overbearing influence on their successors like your Lord in Lagos and sw. Men like Peter odili, Victor attah and James ibori are still influencial in their states both u don't see them doing what your Lord tinubu does so stop crying.[/s]
In summary we are saying the same thing.

The average South South governor or politician is equally greedy with godfatherism tendencies.

They try as much as they can to install stoogies and puppets just like Tinubu but they fail because the godsons resist them.

*In summary the similarities with them and Tinubu is that the both try to install stoogies.

*The difference between them and Tinubu is that Tinubu always succeeds but they always fail.

You don't praise a thief because he tried to steal but failed to succeed.

Stop praising your South South politician because they tried to be godfathers but they failed.
They are equally as guilty as the Tinubu you love to hate.

Chikena.
tongue
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Blackking98(m): 1:29pm On Sep 22, 2020
tesppidd:
In summary we are saying the same thing.

The average South South governor or politician is equally greedy with godfatherism tendencies.

They try as much as they can to install stoogies and puppets just like Tinubu but they fail because the godsons resist them.

*In summary the similarities with them and Tinubu is that the both try to install stoogies.

*The difference between them and Tinubu is that Tinubu always succeeds but they always fail.

You don't praise a thief because he tried to steal and failed to succeed.

Stop praising your South South politician because they tried to be godfathers but they failed.
They are equally as guilty as the Tinubu you love to hate.

Chikena.
tongue
see how stupid you are, north to south, east to west, point one region in Nigeria that govenors don't annoint a successor? Be saying it as if it's peculiar only to the SS.
And secondly what makes you even more stupid is that while us in the SS celebrate when a godson refuses to be controlled by a godfather, you and your fellow zombies celebrate and shout tinubu up and down when he succeeds in mortgaging your electoral officials, you're a just a clown honestly.
Lastly every politician who has tried playing a tinubu in the SS has been retired politically, ask Sylvia kf bayelsa, akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Ameachi of rivers and recently oshiomole of Edo and we're proud of making them irrelevant while you're here clapping and shining your brown teeth over tinubu.
Never you compare our people and politics to that rubbish you're doing in SW, idiet grin
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by tesppidd: 1:46pm On Sep 22, 2020
Blackking98:
see how stupid you are, north to south, east to west, point one region in Nigeria that govenors don't annoint a successor? Be saying it as if it's peculiar only to the SS.
And secondly what makes you even more stupid is that while us in the SS celebrate when a godson refuses to be controlled by a godfather, you and your fellow zombies celebrate and shout tinubu up and down when he succeeds in mortgaging your electoral officials, you're a just a clown honestly.
Lastly every politician who has tried playing a tinubu in the SS has been retired politically, ask Sylvia kf bayelsa, akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Ameachi of rivers and recently oshiomole of Edo and we're proud of making them irrelevant while you're here clapping and shining your brown teeth over tinubu.
Never you compare our people and politics to that rubbish you're doing in SW, idiet grin
See this cow dung.

When did I specify South South?.
In my original post I talked about politicians in Nigeria.

You brought South South into the subject by telling me about politics in the South South.

Why is your thought process all over the place?

Stop being and idiot my friend.

You are still repeating my point.

I dont care how you celebrate your Godson.

The major point is that every politician tries to play Tinubu.

The difference is that most do not succeed.
Re: Edo No Be Lagos: In Search Of The Nairalander Who Started A Revolution by Oladeji245(m): 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2020
Ajibel:

Lol in your dear state.

So you are not interested in seeing Sanwoolu deliver on his campaign promises and build a greater lagos, you'd instead vote in people to come and experiment and put a wedge on the relative development Lagos has been witnessing since the days of BRF.

eri won..awon apooda oloshi gbogbo..ajibingo...

Tinubuu pack and go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Governors Silent On Secondus’ Fate / Meet No 1 Council Chairman In Enugu, / Anambra State & Delta State To Host ( Niger Mega City)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.