Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case (64826 Views)

For Body Builders. Whey Protein Or Animal Pak? / How I Survived A Super Contagious Viral Infection / Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by chocboi78(m): 1:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:
Good day Nairalanders

I'm posting this here cos this is one of the most active sections. Please I need your advice

I'm 20 years, normal height, decent looking, but I'm skinny AF.
I have very skinny wrists (and legs).
Heck, slightly below my rib cages i even have holes on both sides.

Even when i'm with friends, I don't pull off my shirt.
I've been having insecurities and self esteem issues because of this.

I love short sleeve shirts but I can't wear them.

I can't even wear a wristwatch.

I'm someone who likes a well built muscular body, but as of now I can't afford to maintain a steady diet (say a particular amount of calories a day).

To the body builders and health experts in the house, here are my questions -

(WITHOUT A STEADY DIET)
1 - With my current body, can I gain more muscle/weight through rigorous exercises (like calisthenics)/ gyyming ?

2- How can I make my thin wrists and legs thicker ?

3- To gain more weight, are there supplements I can take with my normal diet?

Cc: Neduluiz, Pansophist

Thanks in anticipation.
mayb a picture of you will make things clearer..
if ure naturally slim with 5% or less body fat, it will be difficult to add weight..
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Minjim: 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
I used to be skinny but this lockdown solved everything.

Everyone is just saying I'm becoming fat.

Now, I'm working out on my belly fat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by iLegendd(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Typing...

Ignore most of the contributions above and listen from the horses mouth.

In secondary school, I loved football, but stopped playing because whenever we share ourselves into two teams, I'll always be in the team to take off their shirts — as it was done back then in the village.

Whenever I take off my shirt, people will start saying hurtful things of how skinny I was. I was depressed and thought of suicide. Everyone always talked about how skinny I was and how pinkish my lips were.

They made it look as if I was sick (for having a lower pink lip) or I had AID (for being skinny). In fact, I wanted to die. When I see overweight people, I always thought of being like them to avoid the stigmatization of being called skinny.

Finally, I left Nigeria at a teenage age and all the white girls and Asian girls were complimenting my stature and wished they were like me. I was SHOCKED. So, these foreigners want to be as skinny as me? I couldn't believe it. My confidence came back and I decided to hit the gym for fun and develop some muscles for the sake of muscles and also to prove Nigerians (who made fun of me wrong) when I return home.

In less than 3 months of rigorous exercise and weight lifting, my chest and arms (triceps & biceps) were big with defined 6 packs. I started taking lots of shirtless pictures and posting them on my FB page at the time.

Note: I didn't take any drug, supplement, do dieting, eat a special kind of meal or whatever. I just exercised like a badass with 100% peace of mind, confidence, and dedication.

Lesson of what made me develop muscles were

1. Change of environment or mingling with positive minded people, not "talk down on him" kind of people.
2. Confidence that being skinny is actually something lots of foreigners/models are dying to attain.
3. Dedication/focus

In summary, developing muscles is faster when you're skinny than when you aren't.

If a skinny person and a fat/chubby person hits the gym today and stay dedicated, the skinny one will develop HUGE muscles within 3 months, but it will take the other person at least 6 months.

When it comes to maintaining muscles, a skinny person who became muscular has less exercise to do to maintain his body while the other person has a lot to do to always stay fit.

So, as a skinny man, you're at advantage. If Laycon develops muscles today, it will take him less to maintain those muscles for life, but it will take Kiddwaya (a fat/chubby person) lots of hitting the gym to stay mentally and physically fit.

I'll end the post with half picture of me.

Finally, hit the gym and stay dedicated. That's all you need. I have been there and I'm speaking from experience. Also, there is no one way of skinning a cat. So, you're free to explore, but it's best to learn from those who have been in your shoe.

That's all. Please, don't mingle with negative people — it leads to depression. If you can't help in mingling with them, then don't listen to the rubbish they say.

All the best. Pictures to be deleted soon.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by SKhanmi: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:

Don't know, I've never done the measurement.

Visualize a 20 year old skinny dude with VERY thin arms and legs and just estimate

The image that comes to my head is a weed smoker o, Just kidding. You're still growing though. Keep that in mind.

Let me tell you how I did mine. I was once in your shoes.

First is the mind, do you have peace of mind or you're busy thinking of 1001 things Everytime? The mind works with the body, it's the same with all those highly driven people, everything is in overdrive. Someone with peace of mind would put on weight more easily, trust me. This one might be hard to achieve.

2nd is your diet, I ate than everyone in the house then but it never showed on my frame, Why? They were just big meals at the normal time times. Increase the frequency, small sized meals 6-7 times per day. Maybe every 3 hours. Want to take it further, snack on something every 30mins in between. Cabin biscuits,biggy etc.
And make sure you drink a hell lot of water, shit works like hell. Not with the food though else potbelly loading. I used to drink more than a 5l per day.

Finally, exercise. Pushups, Bench press, squats and deadlifts. Never underestimate them. If you're building for size limit it to 5-8reps per sets with little recovery time. I'll advise one day on for exercise, and one day off for rest. Like pushups on Monda, rest on Tuesday, squats on wed etc.

Eat.TrainHard.Rest.Repeat

Cheat: Take raw eggs with condensed milk every morning for like 3 months. I use that whenever I want to bulk up fast.

That's it, If you can be consistent. Just 3months and I moved from 50kg to 70+ ,It was during a vacation though. So if you have the time,money & will. It's possible.

Most people I run into nowadays get shocked. Including all my classmates, People really do judge by weight.

Disadvantages
It's expensive- New wardrobe & food item(eggs,beef,fish etc)
Time intensive- You need like 3 months of doing nothing
Overweight- If you skip the 3rd step.

8 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 1:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Durentt:
in any pharmacy. Check it

Aiit bro.. Thanks
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by fatymore(f): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
You again.

Try and embrace your stature and don't get weigh down.
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 1:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
tarantino1:

Biggest pseudo science I've heard today.

Op

Take your height and weight, input it in an online calorie calculator,its free.

It will give you the number of calories you eat to maintain your current weight.

Increase your intake by 500 - 750 calories depending on how skinny you are.

Eat healthy foods, protein is a must as a body building food.

Google a 4 or 5 day PPL bodybuilding routine and follow it religiously.

You will thank me in 6 months to a year

Wow! I'll definitely try this out...

Thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Daum: 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Eat food with a ratio of
4:1
Carbohydrates 4 and proteins 1.

Work out. Try do 50 pushups every day.
You can do 20 10 20.

Do some squats also for your legs.

Don't forget to always eat. Eat more than 3 times a day and sleep also. At night.

Reduce the masturbation

4 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
chocboi78:
mayb a picture of you will make things clearer..
if ure naturally slim with 5% or less body fat, it will be difficult to add weight..

I really can't post my picture on NL...

Difficult, not impossible right? I'm patient
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by pansophist(m): 1:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
I've seen really skinny guys get jacked and toned up, but they have to put in the work even more intensely than others. So its possible. The question is, are you willing to go through that hardship?

For a starter, download the 5x5 programme, and eat like there is no tomorrow, and by eating, you must eat clean. Quality over quantity. From vegetables, beef, fruits, and lift heavy progressively. If you do this for straight one year, you'll like yourself better. Its possible.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
fatymore:
You again.
Try and embrace your stature and don't get weigh down.

Me again?? ... I don't get you
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by ghettochild(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
bobokeshington:
YOUR GBOLA MUST BE LONG & THICK
Were leleyi o
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by ghettochild(m): 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
[quote author=illicit post=94216511]

It affects the part of your system that's responsible for muscle mass building

It's not the only factor though but it's a very big factor

Not everybody will be fat but then if you are one of those that won't be fat readily, masturbating will worsen it

Do u get now
[/quote
Pure lies..... Except if a self services more than his body capacity can n that can only lead to his body breaking down... In the form of sickness... As long as he's not malnourished..
The OP is only worried about his slender look..
Dear OP yours could be genetical...so don't fret....
Even if u eat the whole world u may not get fat..
But just begin to eat more... So start a special diet atleast u will add more weight

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by chocboi78(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:

I really can't post my picture on NL...

Difficult, not impossible right? I'm patient
patient asin u will wait till when exactly??
if u consider eating lot of starchy foods(mostly late nights), drinking lots of water, and getting enough sleep,u might add a little flesh

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Aksnoopy: 1:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:

Just one of each everyday right?
Both everyday alongside Amino acids( Astymin or amino pep) and OMEGA-H3 supplements.

2 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
SKhanmi:

The image that comes to my head is a weed smoker o, Just kidding. You're still growing though. Keep that in mind.

Let me tell you how I did mine. I was once in your shoes.

First is the mind, do you have peace of mind or you're busy thinking of 1001 things Everytime? The mind works with the body, it's the same with all those highly driven people, everything is in overdrive. Someone with peace of mind would put on weight more easily, trust me. This one might be hard to achieve.

2nd is your diet, I ate than everyone in the house then but it never showed on my frame, Why? They were just big meals at the normal time times. Increase the frequency, small sized meals 6-7 times per day. Maybe every 3 hours. Want to take it further, snack on something every 30mins in between. Cabin biscuits,biggy etc.
And make sure you drink a hell lot of water, shit works like hell. Not with the food though else potbelly loading. I used to drink more than a 5l per day.

Finally, exercise. Pushups, Bench press, squats and deadlifts. Never underestimate them. If you're building for size limit it to 5-8reps per sets with little recovery time. I'll advise one day on for exercise, and one day off for rest. Like pushups on Monda, rest on Tuesday, squats on wed etc.

Eat.TrainHard.Rest.Repeat

Cheat: Take raw eggs with condensed milk every morning for like 3 months. I use that whenever I want to bulk up fast.

That's it, If you can be consistent. Just 3months and I moved from 50kg to 70+ ,It was during a vacation though. So if you have the time,money & will. It's possible.

Most people I run into nowadays get shocked. Including all my classmates, People really do judge by weight.

Disadvantages
It's expensive- New wardrobe & food item(eggs,beef,fish etc)
Time intensive- You need like 3 months of doing nothing
Overweight- If you skip the 3rd step.

Wow! Very informative, definitely bookmarking this.

lol! weed smoker cracked me grin

phew! Surely gonna be expensive!

yes, I have peace of mind, but I don't get enough sleep daily. Trying to adjust tho!

On eating small sized meals, does the class of food i eat matter? or just any food will do?
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2020
Just increase your calorie intake and you will bulk up
then if you were doing a lot of cardio(running,jogging,biking) try reduce it for now
Though the truth of the matter it is more easier for a fat person to build muscle cos he already has a lot of fatty energy mass in his body than he can break down and convert to muscle building cells than a skinny person who has no fatty cells to convert to mucles but then a skinny person can still build muscles.Just try and increase ur calorie intake as in eat more...then include your routine with body resistance exercise like pushups,weight lifting etc.

2 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by illicit(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
tarantino1:

Biggest pseudo science I've heard today.

Op

Take your height and weight, input it in an online calorie calculator,its free.

It will give you the number of calories you eat to maintain your current weight.

Increase your intake by 500 - 750 calories depending on how skinny you are.

Eat healthy foods, protein is a must as a body building food.

Google a 4 or 5 day PPL bodybuilding routine and follow it religiously.

You will thank me in 6 months to a year

wink

cheesy
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
Daum:
Eat food with a ratio of
4:1
Carbohydrates 4 and proteins 1.

Work out. Try do 50 pushups every day.
You can do 20 10 20.

Do some squats also for your legs.

Don't forget to always eat. Eat more than 3 times a day and sleep also. At night.

Reduce the masturbation

Aiit, Thanks man
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2020
pansophist:
I've seen really skinny guys get jacked and toned up, but they have to put in the work even more intensely than others. So its possible. The question is, are you willing to go through that hardship?

For a starter, download the 5x5 programme, and eat like there is no tomorrow, and by eating, you must eat clean. Quality over quantity. From vegetables, beef, fruits, and lift heavy progressively. If you do this for straight one year, you'll like yourself better. Its possible.

i know it's not gonna be an easy feat but i'm ready to put in the work to achieve my goal.

Thanks.
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
illicit:

It affects the part of your system that's responsible for muscle mass building

It's not the only factor though but it's a very big factor

Not everybody will be fat but then if you are one of those that won't be fat readily, masturbating will worsen it

Do u get now
where do u guys get ur info about masturbating degenerating muscle building cells? there are activities that can waste away your muscles and sedentary lifestyle is one of the biggest culprits.When u sit on ur ass 24/7 doing nothing ur muscles will waste away.Maybe u can say masturbatiing is a sin in ur religion but it doesnt waste away muscles.If masturbating takes away muscle building cells then we can as well say sex takes away muscle building cells but this aint true. cheesy cheesy.But then for someone who is malnorished or finds it hard eating a balanced diet he should not be engaging in masturbation or sex either.doing either of them would put strenous stress on the body.

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
[quote author=ghettochild post=94222869][/quote]
Exactly! I just want to look fit
Thanks
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by moshuur(m): 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
pls pls pls.....how can one get more fat in d cheek area of d face.... my cheek looks suck in like dat of Abraham Lincoln. I need d cheek area to be more chubby

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by illicit(m): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2020
lefulefu:
where do u guys get ur info about masturbating degenerating muscle building cells? there are activities that can waste away your muscles and sedentary lifestyle is one of the biggest culprits.When u sit on ur ass 24/7 doing nothing ur muscles will waste away.Maybe u can say masturbatiing is a sin in ur religion but it doesnt waste away muscles.If masturbating takes away muscle building cells then we can as well say sex takes away muscle building cells but this aint true. cheesy cheesy.But then for someone who is malnorished or finds it hard eating a balanced diet he should not be engaging in masturbation or sex either.doing either of them would put strenous stress on the body.

most Nigerians don't eat well u know

It's not about religion o

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by fatymore(f): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:

Me again?? ... I don't get you

Maybe your former or twin moniker.

You once asked a question like this before.

Embrace your stature
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2020
Aksnoopy:
Both everyday alongside Amino acids( Astymin or amino pep) and OMEGA-H3 supplements.

Aiit, Thanks.
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2020
lefulefu:
Just increase your calorie intake and you will bulk up
then if you were doing a lot of cardio(running,jogging,biking) try reduce it for now
Though the truth of the matter it is more easier for a fat person to build muscle cos he already has a lot of fatty energy mass in his body than he can break down and convert to muscle building cells than a skinny person who has no fatty cells to convert to mucles but then a skinny person can still build muscles.Just try and increase ur calorie intake as in eat more...then include your routine with body resistance exercise like pushups,weight lifting etc.

oh! I see..will do that

Thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
illicit:

most Nigerians don't eat well u know

It's not about religion o
Is all about eating the basic nutrients
ur protiens,carbohydrates,your fats then vitamins
all these can easily be gotten in the market
Rice,beans,vegetables and fruits.All these no too expensive nau.Its just some guys no get that to cook and will just drinking beer and eating junk
If someone wants to look good he must look at his diet first before he is even talking about exercise or anything cos if u still eating crap then exercising u just wasting ur time.U need good fuel to fuel ur body.Its like buying bad fuel for blackmarket and fueling ur car..will ur car give u the efficiency that u need? cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
fatymore:

Maybe your former or twin moniker.

You once asked a question like this before.

Embrace your stature

Nah, not me.... Never asked here

Embrace? That's like telling a fat person that desperately wants to loose weight to embrace it

it's not about embracing it, it's about what i like/want smiley

2 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Ebuka78: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Don't be deceived
The reason you are losing weigh is because of stress.

Always be in a happy mood.

If you worry too much, you will lose weigh.
Don't forget to take water each time you are eating.
eat, sip water, eat, sip water, eat, sip water...

Follow that pattern.

2 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Xtdott(m): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2020
I was once like you bro, it really suck.. D.m me privately let chat... But in d mean time u can check my post on being skinny sucks....

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by fatymore(f): 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:

Nah, not me.... Never asked here

Embrace? That's like telling a fat person that desperately wants to loose weight to embrace it

it's not about embracing it, it's about what i like/want smiley

Sha don't eat unhealthy food and be bloated

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria / Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos / How Do I Cure This Pile, Please Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.