Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,997 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case (64818 Views)

For Body Builders. Whey Protein Or Animal Pak? / How I Survived A Super Contagious Viral Infection / Help! I Think I'm Everlastingly Skinny!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by luscioustrish(f): 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
MediMedi:

But it makes one hungry?

Yes, but you also gain weight smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by lebron7(m): 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Aksnoopy:
OP, what ever you want to do stay away from cyproheptadine and corticosteroids.

Eat more protein, carb and use Amino acids and multivitamin supplements.
Please why?
I also want to use it
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by TheCork(m): 2:58pm On Sep 23, 2020
dorin27:
I have been ignoring you for sometime now. I see you won't give up. Continue. But just so you know, you won't get any renumeration.

Ok I apologies. Am a lover not a fighter & I love women. .
I will not chase u any more.
Can we shake on that & be friend?
I want peace. Deal? smiley
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
iLegendd:
Typing...

Ignore most of the contributions above and listen from the horses mouth.

In secondary school, I loved football, but stopped playing because whenever we share ourselves into two teams, I'll always be in the team to take off their shirts — as it was done back then in the village.

Whenever I take off my shirt, people will start saying hurtful things of how skinny I was. I was depressed and thought of suicide. Everyone always talked about how skinny I was and how pinkish my lips were.

They made it look as if I was sick (for having a lower pink lip) or I had AID (for being skinny). In fact, I wanted to die. When I see overweight people, I always thought of being like them to avoid the stigmatization of being called skinny.

Finally, I left Nigeria at a teenage age and all the white girls and Asian girls were complimenting my stature and wished they were like me. I was SHOCKED. So, these foreigners want to be as skinny as me? I couldn't believe it. My confidence came back and I decided to hit the gym for fun and develop some muscles for the sake of muscles and also to prove Nigerians (who made fun of me wrong) when I return home.

In less than 3 months of rigorous exercise and weight lifting, my chest and arms (triceps & biceps) were big with defined 6 packs. I started taking lots of shirtless pictures and posting them on my FB page at the time.

Note: I didn't take any drug, supplement, do dieting, eat a special kind of meal or whatever. I just exercised like a badass with 100% peace of mind, confidence, and dedication.

Lesson of what made me develop muscles were

1. Change of environment or mingling with positive minded people, not "talk down on him" kind of people.
2. Confidence that being skinny is actually something lots of foreigners/models are dying to attain.
3. Dedication/focus

In summary, developing muscles is faster when you're skinny than when you aren't.

If a skinny person and a fat/chubby person hits the gym today and stay dedicated, the skinny one will develop HUGE muscles within 3 months, but it will take the other person at least 6 months.

When it comes to maintaining muscles, a skinny person who became muscular has less exercise to do to maintain his body while the other person has a lot to do to always stay fit.

So, as a skinny man, you're at advantage. If Laycon develops muscles today, it will take him less to maintain those muscles for life, but it will take Kiddwaya (a fat/chubby person) lots of hitting the gym to stay mentally and physically fit.

I'll end the post with half picture of me.

Finally, hit the gym and stay dedicated. That's all you need. I have been there and I'm speaking from experience. Also, there is no one way of skinning a cat. So, you're free to explore, but it's best to learn from those who have been in your shoe.

That's all. Please, don't mingle with negative people — it leads to depression. If you can't help in mingling with them, then don't listen to the rubbish they say.

All the best. Pictures to be deleted soon.

wow!!! I really can't stop reading this.... This post inspired me....

#Noted

Thanks a lot, I appreciate smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by RealEzee(m): 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
U gas chop well n gym for muscles tho
Maybe first gain some weight with good diet and relax then hit the gym to turn those weight gained into muscles Sha,just a thought, not sure if it works for everyone but indulge in alot of Oats, Fibre, tombrown, high protein foods n the likes

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by meobizy(f): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
OP is not ready. I’ve seen many Nairalanders drop useful advice yet he comes here year after year with the same stupid complaint.

2 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 3:43pm On Sep 23, 2020
meobizy:
OP is not ready. I’ve seen many Nairalanders drop useful advice yet he comes here year after year with the same stupid complaint.

Year after year?? Really? Could you please provide the link to one?

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Aksnoopy: 4:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
lebron7:

Please why?
I also want to use it
Cyproheptadine has been linked to impotency in men after long-term use.

Corticosteroids( dexamethasone, prednisolone e.t.c) longterm use has been linked to osteoporosis, diabetes, glaucoma e.t.c.

So for a man, the risk associated with both drugs outweighs the benefit.

If you want to gain weight as a man, stick to amino acids and multivitamin supplements alongside a well balanced diet.

Except you are ready to bear the consequence/risk of you the aforementioned drugs.

Both aforementioned drugs can actually make an individual gain at least 4kg every week, but it's not worth it.

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by tpraiz(m): 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2020
Durentt:
Hello.

I am 22 years old, I am not as skinny as you described but I used to be like that until I became 20 years old.

I used to weigh 59kg when I was 17 but now I weigh 69kg. I'm quite tall also

I think you should go to pharmacy for cyproheptadine or cyprigold, this helped me gain weight after I used it for few months. (Answer to question 3)

You need body fat to get muscles, I suppose, so use the supplement above to get some fat and exercise to convert to muscles. (Answer to question 1)

That means a could be a supplement for increase in height then..
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by NeduLuiZ(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:
Good day Nairalanders

I'm posting this here cos this is one of the most active sections. Please I need your advice

I'm 20 years, normal height, decent looking, but I'm skinny AF.
I have very skinny wrists (and legs).
Heck, slightly below my rib cages i even have holes on both sides.

Even when i'm with friends, I don't pull off my shirt.
I've been having insecurities and self esteem issues because of this.

I love short sleeve shirts but I can't wear them.

I can't even wear a wristwatch.

I'm someone who likes a well built muscular body, but as of now I can't afford to maintain a steady diet (say a particular amount of calories a day).

To the body builders and health experts in the house, here are my questions -

(WITHOUT A STEADY DIET)
1 - With my current body, can I gain more muscle/weight through rigorous exercises (like calisthenics)/ gyyming ?

2- How can I make my thin wrists and legs thicker ?

3- To gain more weight, are there supplements I can take with my normal diet?

Cc: Neduluiz, Pansophist

Thanks in anticipation.
Well I think we decide how we look exception of height...It won't happen in just a day for you,it's a process.
First you need to eat well ...I mean very well, embrace a diet mostly rich in protein,I personally don't use supplements so I wouldn't wanna advice it since my knowledge of it is limited
Secondly get a gym membership.

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Tominix(m): 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:

Don't know, I've never done the measurement.

Visualize a 20 year old skinny dude with VERY thin arms and legs and just estimate
2kg grin
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
tpraiz:

That means a could be a supplement for increase in height then..
no. I dont know even.
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2020
Tominix:
2kg grin
anorexic grin
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Tominix(m): 4:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Durentt:
anorexic grin
tongue ayam not understanding
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by tarantino1: 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
lefulefu:
Just increase your calorie intake and you will bulk up
then if you were doing a lot of cardio(running,jogging,biking) try reduce it for now
Though the truth of the matter it is more easier for a fat person to build muscle cos he already has a lot of fatty energy mass in his body than he can break down and convert to muscle building cells than a skinny person who has no fatty cells to convert to mucles but then a skinny person can still build muscles.Just try and increase ur calorie intake as in eat more...then include your routine with body resistance exercise like pushups,weight lifting etc.

I disagree.

Fatty cells do not convert to muscle cell. In fact the fatty cells just reduce in size and they remain in the body forever, that's why it's easy for a former fat person to easily regain the fat once they Slip up.

It's twice harder for the fatter person cos they have to lose the fat before they gain muscle. Beginners and steroid users are the only people who can gain muscle and lose fat at the same time
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by DaSkinnydude(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
NeduLuiZ:

Well I think we decide how we look exception of height...It won't happen in just a day for you,it's a process.
First you need to eat well ...I mean very well, embrace a diet mostly rich in protein,I personally don't use supplements so I wouldn't wanna advice it since my knowledge of it is limited
Secondly get a gym membership.

Aiit, Thanks
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2020
Oga Stop Complaining, Start Eating Well & Av Enough Rest. U Will See Changes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by KingAzubuike(f): 5:54pm On Sep 23, 2020
iLegendd:
Typing...

Ignore most of the contributions above and listen from the horses mouth.

In secondary school, I loved football, but stopped playing because whenever we share ourselves into two teams, I'll always be in the team to take off their shirts — as it was done back then in the village.

Whenever I take off my shirt, people will start saying hurtful things of how skinny I was. I was depressed and thought of suicide. Everyone always talked about how skinny I was and how pinkish my lips were.

They made it look as if I was sick (for having a lower pink lip) or I had AID (for being skinny). In fact, I wanted to die. When I see overweight people, I always thought of being like them to avoid the stigmatization of being called skinny.

Finally, I left Nigeria at a teenage age and all the white girls and Asian girls were complimenting my stature and wished they were like me. I was SHOCKED. So, these foreigners want to be as skinny as me? I couldn't believe it. My confidence came back and I decided to hit the gym for fun and develop some muscles for the sake of muscles and also to prove Nigerians (who made fun of me wrong) when I return home.

In less than 3 months of rigorous exercise and weight lifting, my chest and arms (triceps & biceps) were big with defined 6 packs. I started taking lots of shirtless pictures and posting them on my FB page at the time.

Note: I didn't take any drug, supplement, do dieting, eat a special kind of meal or whatever. I just exercised like a badass with 100% peace of mind, confidence, and dedication.

Lesson of what made me develop muscles were

1. Change of environment or mingling with positive minded people, not "talk down on him" kind of people.
2. Confidence that being skinny is actually something lots of foreigners/models are dying to attain.
3. Dedication/focus

In summary, developing muscles is faster when you're skinny than when you aren't.

If a skinny person and a fat/chubby person hits the gym today and stay dedicated, the skinny one will develop HUGE muscles within 3 months, but it will take the other person at least 6 months.

When it comes to maintaining muscles, a skinny person who became muscular has less exercise to do to maintain his body while the other person has a lot to do to always stay fit.

So, as a skinny man, you're at advantage. If Laycon develops muscles today, it will take him less to maintain those muscles for life, but it will take Kiddwaya (a fat/chubby person) lots of hitting the gym to stay mentally and physically fit.

I'll end the post with half picture of me.

Finally, hit the gym and stay dedicated. That's all you need. I have been there and I'm speaking from experience. Also, there is no one way of skinning a cat. So, you're free to explore, but it's best to learn from those who have been in your shoe.

That's all. Please, don't mingle with negative people — it leads to depression. If you can't help in mingling with them, then don't listen to the rubbish they say.

All the best. Pictures to be deleted soon.

You deceived alot of people with this your post. Who told you a skinny person will develop muscles more than a chubby person.

2 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by flokii: 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2020
I'll advise you to do a general body checkup to rule out any health issues.. then sleep well, try to eat well too and relax your mind.

If you want to opt for body building, you'd spend more and might even damage your physique if not done properly. Rest of mind makes people add weight.

2 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by ehisforever24(m): 6:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Eat more proteins eg Eggs chicken, sharwarma, cat fish,. Noodles and eggs, beans and plantain, plenty meats, Chicken,

3 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
illicit:

It affects the part of your system that's responsible for muscle mass building

It's not the only factor though but it's a very big factor

Not everybody will be fat but then if you are one of those that won't be fat readily, masturbating will worsen it

Do u get now

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I can so grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ignorance.
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Favemmzar200(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
bobokeshington:
YOUR GBOLA MUST BE LONG & THICK
lukadizwan gbola kee u dia
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
make sure u earn enough then go to any pharmacy and buy super apeti u will eat like there is no tomorrow nd u will gain weight

3 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by robosky02(m): 6:25pm On Sep 23, 2020
DaSkinnydude:
Good day Nairalanders

I'm posting this here cos this is one of the most active sections. Please I need your advice

I'm 20 years, normal height, decent looking, but I'm skinny AF.
I have very skinny wrists (and legs).
Heck, slightly below my rib cages i even have holes on both sides.

Even when i'm with friends, I don't pull off my shirt.
I've been having insecurities and self esteem issues because of this.

I love short sleeve shirts but I can't wear them.

I can't even wear a wristwatch.

I'm someone who likes a well built muscular body, but as of now I can't afford to maintain a steady diet (say a particular amount of calories a day).

To the body builders and health experts in the house, here are my questions -

(WITHOUT A STEADY DIET)
1 - With my current body, can I gain more muscle/weight through rigorous exercises (like calisthenics)/ gyyming ?

2- How can I make my thin wrists and legs thicker ?

3- To gain more weight, are there supplements I can take with my normal diet?

Cc: Neduluiz, Pansophist

Thanks in anticipation.

You better pass fido dido

So be happy

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Akaegwu(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2020
Show us the bonga fish body make we the Nairaland doctors check it.
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 23, 2020
being skinny is pride but in the environment where hunger doesnt exist but in nigeria some fat hypocrites will call u skinny but deep inside them they wish they were as skinny as u.

3 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by highbee02: 6:35pm On Sep 23, 2020
Durentt:
Hello.

I am 22 years old, I am not as skinny as you described but I used to be like that until I became 20 years old.

I used to weigh 59kg when I was 17 but now I weigh 69kg. I'm quite tall also

I think you should go to pharmacy for cyproheptadine or cyprigold, this helped me gain weight after I used it for few months. (Answer to question 3)

You need body fat to get muscles, I suppose, so use the supplement above to get some fat and exercise to convert to muscles. (Answer to question 1)

What if one stops using the supplement? Won't I go back to the previous shape and size?
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Zimzim2000: 6:36pm On Sep 23, 2020
I was like that when I was your age, go to school, get a job, then you will be able to buy what you want to eat eg fish and cow tail pepper soup, take your girl friend out and be happy, you will naturally add weight, it's a state of mind

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by Ngozioma(m): 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
cool cool cool If you want to get Fat, just send your Picture to me.
If you are a lady that wants to be Slim, just send your picture to me. You will get result within 1 week to 1 month, that's all

I don't need anyone's money, keep your money to yourself. Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by mattmogan88: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD

PICTURES OR ADONBILIVIT
Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by kudinkarfe: 6:37pm On Sep 23, 2020
Don't disturb yourself some people are created that way. Check out people like Sanusi Lamido former CBN Governor, Elrufai,.....I can go on and on. I used to be skinny and guys told to take multivitamin and I will add weight and I took several drugs to no avail. But as I'm writing this, I have lemon and cucumber in my front, I want to loose weight.

4 Likes

Re: I'm a super Skinny dude. Nairaland Body Builders, Pls help my case by TheVinx1: 6:39pm On Sep 23, 2020
sorry to ask but pls whats your genotype

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria / Third Coronavirus Case Confirmed In Lagos / How Do I Cure This Pile, Please Help?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.