Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,491 members, 7,770,205 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:22 AM

Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! (15482 Views)

Throwback Picture Of President Tinubu, Rolling Dollar And Dele Alake / Adamu Garba: ‘Cows More Valuable Than Oil And Gas’ / Nigeria Policemen Protest: "Stop Killing Us, Stop Burning Police Stations" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Tunde835(m): 6:04am On Sep 24, 2020
aremuforlife:

He has been able to discuss on both the importation and the abroad schooling, he said there schools in Nigeria, we grow what we eat or make use of our local supply, with this, the use of foreign exchange can be reduced.
Most Things Are Cheaper In Nigeria Compared To Abroad Except Electronics Which We Import Like Iphone

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by rottennaija(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2020
Toosure70:
your Monica truly shows that you're finally rotten, Don't join a sick person, no senses in his post.
Again, you are doing the same thing. Counter what he has written with point, not straw mans attack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJz66wm95-M

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by orisa37: 6:06am On Sep 24, 2020
Thank you Biodun556. You are in Order. I still blame Government and her Employees like CBN and The Ministry of Finance for NIGERIA VALUE MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL.

THE WORLD IS A GLOBAL VILLAGE. WE ARE ALL PRODUCING AND DISTRIBUTING WITH DIFFERENT VALUE FORCES JUST TO EAT AND GROW

AND SO RESOURCES DISTRIBUTION ACCOUNTABILITY AND VALUE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCERTED CONTROL IS NEEDED RIGHT NOW.

DIVISION OF LABOR AND SERVICES TO YIELD PRODUCTIVITY AND VALUE APPRECIATION WILL BE FOUND IN APREC-AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES

PRESIDENT CAN'T RULE A COUNTRY ALONE FROM THE CENTRE. CONSTITUTIONAL STATE GOVERNORS MUST BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR PRODUCTIVITY, INCOMES AND VALUE APPRECIATION, MONITORING AND CONTROL.

I WILL BE BACK.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Tunde835(m): 6:09am On Sep 24, 2020
Kpomosauce:
you just shot yourself on the leg guy

one dollar can buy you bottle water within the borders of the US. Now what can 1 naira buy within Nigeria.
D Average Salary Is $4,800 Per Month In Usa Compared To N30,000 in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Lanretoye(m): 6:15am On Sep 24, 2020
when dollar is now becoming gold in nigeria,the 1dollar you are talking about was 3h plus some months back but now it is 5h.which would you prefer now,1 dollar or 5h knowing well that a dollar might be up to 7h in coming weeks.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by aremuforlife(m): 6:17am On Sep 24, 2020
Tunde835:
Most Things Are Cheaper In Nigeria Compared To Abroad Except Electronics Which We Import Like Iphone
Even the electronics are cheaper in Nigeria than Europe,. I can attest to that.
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by gbowoade85142: 6:18am On Sep 24, 2020
:This is really fun and there is true in it. run wowoman, that wowoman may infect you fox
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Dominiqueismad: 6:20am On Sep 24, 2020
Biodun556:
THE VALUE OF THE NAIRA.
~Eruobodo.

A currency's value is what is can fetch those who use it as a means of exchange!

Those in America use dollars and those in the UK use pounds sterling. Emiratis use Dirhams and Indians Rupees. Nigerians therefore use the Naira.

The Naira today, is equivalent to 600 units to the GB£ and 500 units to the US$.

Though we are quick to lampoon the Naira as worthless, but let us compare how much value each of these currencies equivalents fetch their owners/holders, within their borders?

In the US, a dollar ($) may not buy you more than a small bottle of water, while N500 will buy you a pack of 12 of the same bottles of water in Nigeria!

A pound (GB£) may not buy you even a small loaf of bread in London, but in Lagos, N600 will buy you and your partner, breakfast for 2, consisting of one N250 big loaf of bread, 4 fried eggs and 2 bottles of water!

Days ago, I bought 50 pieces of medium sized oranges from the Ketu fruit market for N1,000, that's just $2! I bought 3 pineapples for N500 ($1)!

A litre of fuel costs N160 in Lagos, but cost $0.86 (N430) in New York! While I know people who pay cad1,700 (N500,000) per month for their glorified room and parlour self-contained in Ottawa, that is what a friend pays in 6 months, for a 2 bedroom apartment, with separate toilet, bathroom and proper kitchen, in Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi!

So why do Nigerians make so much noise over the value of their currency, when it still fetches them more value than the other currencies that they pitch the Naira against? The answer is simple: the "values" of Nigerians!

While Nigerians reacted with consternation at Dino Melaye's obnoxious display of his stolen wealth, the average Nigerian behaves exactly like Dino Melaye! From the man on the streets to the Churchpreneurs who claim to represent God!

They produce nothing, but want to flaunt everything!

Someone lamented to me about his wife's tenant, who has failed to pay N120,000 rent, for nearly a year, but slaughtered a ram and made festivities, worth N150,000, during the last Moslem "Ileya" festival!
Ask me what the man produces? Zilch!

Had this same debtor taken the N150,000, wasted on the one day feasting to the market, it will be more than enough to set up a fried Yam, sweet potatoes, Akara business, that can net him N300,000 monthly, and take him out of poverty and debt forever!

So, because Nigerians are unproductive at home, but consume from used clothes, to fake hair and eye lashes, to even PMS, from the abroad, they keep whining about the value of the dollar/pound-sterling against their currency.

There are universities in Nigeria, and I had my education entirely in Nigeria! So, if I chose to send my children abroad, what is the headache of the government in my personal decision, should the currency in their country of choice proves unaffordable to me? Who send me?

My personal definition of the problem with Nigeria is that, the policies of the State are manipulated to suit the indulgences of certain classes of Nigerians, who feed fat on the miseries of the masses.

Government resorted to importing fuel because some privileged Nigerians criminally destroyed our refining capacities. Rather than punish them, we put the punishment on Nigerians.

Government "subsidized" the same imported fuel, to create artificial opportunities for some privileged people to loot our treasury, under the artificially created system of "subsidies".

These Nigerians and their fraudulent economists should stop fooling themselves about the poor exchange rates of the nation's currency. 95% of the citizens of this country need food, water, Medicare, etc, obtainable in Naira!

If some useless, lecherous and unproductive, yet entitled, vanity flaunting elements like Dino Melaye, need foreign currencies to feed their insanity, what has that got to do with Nigeria?

If you want to indulge in the zero nutrition Orange, imported from wherever and sold at times ten that of super tasting Oranges from Benue, must Nigeria care about your price plight? Who send you?

If you chose Pizza over Aboki freshly cooked spicy bread and eggs, please find enough Naira to indulge in your borrowed Italian taste. #KokanAye!

This argument over our poor currency is a lie of the elite to pass their problems as everyone's!

Days ago, I made a 4 litre bowl of cooked beans (enough to feed at least 8 adults) from a N200 ($0:40) measure of beans! Add another N500 ($1) worth of sweet potatoes, and you have a super nutritious meal for 8 adults!

That's less than $3 in total, N1,500 (including the costs of other stuff like onions, peppers and oil), to feed 8 adults?

Before you complain that the Naira is weak, tell me what you need the foreign currencies for, and #Eruobodo will show you how you and Dino Melaye are related!
who is this full?
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by femi4: 6:31am On Sep 24, 2020
rottennaija:
This is really interesting and there is truth in it.
Which truth...you no do income vs expenditure for school

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Yujin(m): 6:38am On Sep 24, 2020
OP is a typical Nigerian who would rather justify the poor treatment meted on him than fighting against a poorly managed system. Since his rational for this thread is the local purchasing power of currencies, why doesn't he encourage the further devaluing of the naira so as to increase its local value? Most people in US feed better than most Nigerians. Live healthier than them too because of what the dollar can afford them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by sapientia(m): 6:41am On Sep 24, 2020
Confusionists
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by izombie(m): 6:46am On Sep 24, 2020
Biodun556:

It is about the quality and quantity of what the currency will fetch you. If you believe the dollar is better spend it in the US not in Nigeria that is how we will know weather it is valuable or not.
obviously the dollar is more valuable. He's comparing 1 dollar to 500 naira instead of 1 dollar to 1 naira. He just told us what 1 dollar can get you in US but he didn't share with us what 1 naira can get in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by ivandragon: 6:58am On Sep 24, 2020
The write up is very mischievous & an obvious narrative to justify a failing & rudderless economic plan by this 'regime'.

The writer has probably never heard of Purchasing Power Parity (PPP). In developed countries, not only are thier goods & services of higher quality, but they have a higher earning power.

In essence, if that very same brand of bottle of water costing $1 in US is brought to Nigeria, it will still cost the equivalent of $1 (#500) if all other factors of production remain same (no additional import & transport cost, i.e.).

If the writer has shopped in high class supermarts in Nigeria that deal in imported goods, he/she would have noticed the £ or $ price label on those goods & would have noticed that their equivalent in naira is higher.

For instance, you can see imported Harpic or Chocolate bars with price labels of £1 costing #800 (after adding transport & import costs).

As a parting, if the writer truly believe in what he/she wrote, then won't it make sense to keep our foreign reserves in Naira back in Nigeria where it has 'more value' than £ & $?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by African26(m): 7:00am On Sep 24, 2020

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nickshrapnel: 7:01am On Sep 24, 2020
Damn! Who wrote this crap? undecided

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Wilstino: 7:10am On Sep 24, 2020
This would have made sense of course if we produced what we consume. Like in China where most of its need are locally produce such arguement will hold water.

But in a country like ours, where most things including our basic need are imported, you need the dollar to procure them. Thus, the implication is that the high exchange rate results in high cost of goods and items.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by rottennaija(m): 7:16am On Sep 24, 2020
femi4:

Please explain
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by rottennaija(m): 7:21am On Sep 24, 2020
ivandragon:
The write up is very mischievous & an obvious narrative to justify a failing & rudderless economic plan by this 'regime'.

The writer has probably never heard of Purchasing Power Parity (PPP). In developed countries, not only are thier goods & services of higher quality, but they have a higher earning power.

In essence, if that very same brand of bottle of water costing $1 in US is brought to Nigeria, it will still cost the equivalent of $1 (#500) if all other factors of production remain same (no additional import & transport cost, i.e.).

If the writer has shopped in high class supermarts in Nigeria that deal in imported goods, he/she would have noticed the £ or $ price label on those goods & would have noticed that their equivalent in naira is higher.

For instance, you can see imported Harpic or Chocolate bars with price labels of £1 costing #800 (after adding transport & import costs).

As a parting, if the writer truly believe in what he/she wrote, then won't it make sense to keep our foreign reserves in Naira back in Nigeria where it has 'more value' than £ & $?

You mean I'll have to buy that particular brand of water for 500 naira here because it cost 1$ dollars there? Is it made of gold or special impurities are added to it?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by seanblaise(m): 7:24am On Sep 24, 2020
Its always good we do our research before writing a post of commenting on a post. In this article, the OP tried to compare goods and services we produce locally to goods and services produced locally in the western world. While he has some valid points, his analogy was not holistic.
Lets look at it from this angle; The world sees the US dollar as a global currency. If a nation or an individual wants to trade internationally, he/she has to convert his funds into the dollar in other to trade. In Nigeria for instance, our naira is a second class currency, so when ever you deposit 1000 naira in a bank, the CBN only views such funds using the lens of the dollar. It simply means that taking the current 460 Naira per dollar, an individual who has 1000 Naira in his bank account only has a little above 2 dollars. Its the exchange rate should drop to about 200 Naira per Dollar, it means that same individual now has 5 dollars domiciled with the CBN. Like someone said above, the average wage in America is $4800 ( not sure about this though), this loosely translates to #2208000. How many people earn more than 2million naira per month in Nigeria.
The CBN does not even keep your funds in Naira, the keep the dollar equivalent for you and that is why even our own National reserves are kept in dollars.
Here is the trick which confuses many people. The value/strength of a currency is not reflected on the digits of the currency, it is rather a function of the purchasing power parity (PPP) and global acceptibility. What this means is that, the british pounds may have a lower digit strength than the dollar, but its not stronger than the dollar in the international market. 1$ is equivalent to 0.79 pounds sterling, but when you want to trade internationally, you still have to convert to the dollar. That does not mean the British pounds is weak. Another instance is comparing a successful and developed nation like Japan to America. The Japanese Yen trades at 105yen per dollar. This doesn't mean Japan as a country is doing badly.
Ask yourself this question, If you earn 50k in Nigeria, will you be paid 50,000 dollars for the same exact jobe you do in Nigeria in America??

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by EagleNest(m): 7:27am On Sep 24, 2020
Too simplistic and the ops examples are NOT true!
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Iceyjayzz(m): 7:28am On Sep 24, 2020
kurupt1:
Ur brain is malfunctioning
Your own brain is malfunctioning, someone is saying something important and you are here fooling yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Kpomosauce: 7:31am On Sep 24, 2020
Tunde835:
D Average Salary Is $4,800 Per Month In Usa Compared To N30,000 in Nigeria
Because dollar has value there than naira has here
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Notatribalist(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2020
Biodun556:
THE VALUE OF THE NAIRA.
~Eruobodo.

A currency's value is what is can fetch those who use it as a means of exchange!

Those in America use dollars and those in the UK use pounds sterling. Emiratis use Dirhams and Indians Rupees. Nigerians therefore use the Naira.

The Naira today, is equivalent to 600 units to the GB£ and 500 units to the US$.

Though we are quick to lampoon the Naira as worthless, but let us compare how much value each of these currencies equivalents fetch their owners/holders, within their borders?

In the US, a dollar ($) may not buy you more than a small bottle of water, while N500 will buy you a pack of 12 of the same bottles of water in Nigeria!

A pound (GB£) may not buy you even a small loaf of bread in London, but in Lagos, N600 will buy you and your partner, breakfast for 2, consisting of one N250 big loaf of bread, 4 fried eggs and 2 bottles of water!

Days ago, I bought 50 pieces of medium sized oranges from the Ketu fruit market for N1,000, that's just $2! I bought 3 pineapples for N500 ($1)!

A litre of fuel costs N160 in Lagos, but cost $0.86 (N430) in New York! While I know people who pay cad1,700 (N500,000) per month for their glorified room and parlour self-contained in Ottawa, that is what a friend pays in 6 months, for a 2 bedroom apartment, with separate toilet, bathroom and proper kitchen, in Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi!

So why do Nigerians make so much noise over the value of their currency, when it still fetches them more value than the other currencies that they pitch the Naira against? The answer is simple: the "values" of Nigerians!

While Nigerians reacted with consternation at Dino Melaye's obnoxious display of his stolen wealth, the average Nigerian behaves exactly like Dino Melaye! From the man on the streets to the Churchpreneurs who claim to represent God!

They produce nothing, but want to flaunt everything!

Someone lamented to me about his wife's tenant, who has failed to pay N120,000 rent, for nearly a year, but slaughtered a ram and made festivities, worth N150,000, during the last Moslem "Ileya" festival!
Ask me what the man produces? Zilch!

Had this same debtor taken the N150,000, wasted on the one day feasting to the market, it will be more than enough to set up a fried Yam, sweet potatoes, Akara business, that can net him N300,000 monthly, and take him out of poverty and debt forever!

So, because Nigerians are unproductive at home, but consume from used clothes, to fake hair and eye lashes, to even PMS, from the abroad, they keep whining about the value of the dollar/pound-sterling against their currency.

There are universities in Nigeria, and I had my education entirely in Nigeria! So, if I chose to send my children abroad, what is the headache of the government in my personal decision, should the currency in their country of choice proves unaffordable to me? Who send me?

My personal definition of the problem with Nigeria is that, the policies of the State are manipulated to suit the indulgences of certain classes of Nigerians, who feed fat on the miseries of the masses.

Government resorted to importing fuel because some privileged Nigerians criminally destroyed our refining capacities. Rather than punish them, we put the punishment on Nigerians.

Government "subsidized" the same imported fuel, to create artificial opportunities for some privileged people to loot our treasury, under the artificially created system of "subsidies".

These Nigerians and their fraudulent economists should stop fooling themselves about the poor exchange rates of the nation's currency. 95% of the citizens of this country need food, water, Medicare, etc, obtainable in Naira!

If some useless, lecherous and unproductive, yet entitled, vanity flaunting elements like Dino Melaye, need foreign currencies to feed their insanity, what has that got to do with Nigeria?

If you want to indulge in the zero nutrition Orange, imported from wherever and sold at times ten that of super tasting Oranges from Benue, must Nigeria care about your price plight? Who send you?

If you chose Pizza over Aboki freshly cooked spicy bread and eggs, please find enough Naira to indulge in your borrowed Italian taste. #KokanAye!

This argument over our poor currency is a lie of the elite to pass their problems as everyone's!

Days ago, I made a 4 litre bowl of cooked beans (enough to feed at least 8 adults) from a N200 ($0:40) measure of beans! Add another N500 ($1) worth of sweet potatoes, and you have a super nutritious meal for 8 adults!

That's less than $3 in total, N1,500 (including the costs of other stuff like onions, peppers and oil), to feed 8 adults?

Before you complain that the Naira is weak, tell me what you need the foreign currencies for, and #Eruobodo will show you how you and Dino Melaye are related!
I didn't finished reading but I can confirm everything to be true.I have been to 8 countries in the world and sentiment apart naira is more valuable than this supper power currencie..If 2016 I was scared when I was about to visit Nigeria from Ghana..Because the complaints over how bad Nigeria economy was as at then was deafening.. And when I got to Nigeria I was shocked to see how cheap things were,then I started asking myself where is the recession.. The truth is most Nigerians have taken it upon themselves to wail at everything Nigeria,and by doing that they are sending negative picture to the world.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:35am On Sep 24, 2020
Eruobodo is a stupid fool!
What a useless analysis
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Notatribalist(m): 7:35am On Sep 24, 2020
seanblaise:
Its always good we do our research before writing a post of commenting on a post. In this article, the OP tried to compare goods and services we produce locally to goods and services produced locally in the western world. While he has some valid points, his analogy was not holistic.
Lets look at it from this angle; The world sees the US dollar as a global currency. If a nation or an individual wants to trade internationally, he/she has to convert his funds into the dollar in other to trade. In Nigeria for instance, our naira is a second class currency, so when ever you deposit 1000 naira in a bank, the CBN only views such funds using the lens of the dollar. It simply means that taking the current 460 Naira per dollar, an individual who has 1000 Naira in his bank account only has a little above 2 dollars. Its the exchange rate should drop to about 200 Naira per Dollar, it means that same individual now has 5 dollars domiciled with the CBN. Like someone said above, the average wage in America is $4800 ( not sure about this though), this loosely translates to #2208000. How many people earn more than 2million naira per month in Nigeria.
The CBN does not even keep your funds in Naira, the keep the dollar equivalent for you and that is why even our own National reserves are kept in dollars.
Here is the trick which confuses many people. The value/strength of a currency is not reflected on the digits of the currency, it is rather a function of the purchasing power parity (PPP) and global acceptibility. What this means is that, the british pounds may have a lower digit strength than the dollar, but its not stronger than the dollar in the international market. 1$ is equivalent to 0.79 pounds sterling, but when you want to trade internationally, you still have to convert to the dollar. That does not mean the British pounds is weak. Another instance is comparing a successful and developed nation like Japan to America. The Japanese Yen trades at 105yen per dollar. This doesn't mean Japan as a country is doing badly.
Ask yourself this question, If you earn 50k in Nigeria, will you be paid 50,000 dollars for the same exact jobe you do in Nigeria in America??
Is not about how much you earn,it's about how easily the money fly's .

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by AllOfUsAtManna(f): 7:36am On Sep 24, 2020
a write up by a yeroba Muslim
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Kpomosauce: 7:39am On Sep 24, 2020
femi4:
grin the guy mumu shock you
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by CodeTemplar: 7:41am On Sep 24, 2020
iHart:
This has been my argument with a lot of people. What the naira will do here, its equivalent in other currency will not even do half of it in the country they use it.
One Naira was once equivalent to one Dollar. How about that. The quality of 1 bedroom flat there isn't same as 2 bedroom flat here because water flows, power is constant, amenities work(mail, roads, train, healthcare, education). The disparity in buying power is effectively negated by standard of society.

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by ourema(f): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2020
Kpomosauce:
okay if 1 dollar can buy you a bottle of water what can 1 naira buy you?

$1 is N500 please he made a good point

1 Like

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Nobody: 7:47am On Sep 24, 2020
This op and buhari get same type of brain
Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by Amos1423(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2020
My brother I don't know where in Nigeria you buy a pack of bottle water for 500 but from your analysis 1$ isn't N1 so next time try and use 1$ and N1 for your comparison, not until then I would say 'you dey craze'.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Is More Valuable Than Dollar And Pound. Ignorance Is Killing Us. Wake Up! by seanblaise(m): 7:51am On Sep 24, 2020
Notatribalist:
Is not about how much you earn,it's about how easily the money fly's .
Do you think everyone in America is rich? Or do you think making money and having something to save is easy overseas?...Have you ever asked yourself what type of jobs Nigerians do when they go to the west?
Our graduates sweep streets, they walk dogs, they drives taxies and work in restaurants, and these are jobs they are not willing to do here in Nigeria. If we enjoy same things Americans or Europeans enjoy( electricity, good education, good health care, good security, efficient tranport services etc) No Nigerian will like to leave for the west where they suffer inhumane conditions just to survive.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: Police Should Parade Abba Kyari Like Nnamdi Kanu / Ben Kalu To Osodeke: Gbajabiamila Didn't Promise Payment Of Salary Arrears / Governor Rotimi Akeredolu And Wife Betty Celebrate 37th Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.