Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost (3127 Views)

What Is Mtn Pulse Points? See How To Redeem Them / Recharge ₦100 On MTN Pulse & Get Free ₦2000 For Call/sms & Data / Please How Can I Migrate From MTN Pulse To Beta Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 24, 2020
I'm bringing this to everyone's attention because i don't want you to loose money to the hands of mtn like i did. Yesterday 23/09/2020 I subscribed to a nightlife bundle worth 2gb in total which is the maximum mtn allow per day. I did 500mb four times.
I didn't receive a message notification to alert me my purchase was successful but i checked my account balance and found out N200 has been deducted for the transaction.
I tried checking my data balance but saw nothing except the stupid 10mb bonus they always give once in a month. I further logged on to the mymtn app to check and i saw nothing. I decided to be patient and wait till past 11pm to connect maybe it'll work without showing data balance, but still when the time came it didn't work. I called the customer care and they confirmed to me i was debited for the data and the purchase was successful, but what they couldn't confirm is if the data was used or not. They said the application to check that is not populating any details for my line.
I find it ridiculous how their application can tell i purchased the data but can't tell if i used it or not. I purchased the bundles during the day which means it was impossible for me to use it during the day except 11pm to 6am. Anyway they further told me they'll forward my complaint to the service center lol and it will take 24hrs to receive a feedback.

I was annoyed and i felt cheated! This isn't the first time mtn has been cheating me with that scam they call nightlife, I once purchased a total of 2GB and found 1.75GB credited to me but i ignored it, this time they took everything away! Another funny thing is, they deduct this bundle in a very funny way, an mtn nightlife bundle of 2GB cannot download a file of 1.8GB. Isn't it funny?

Anyway, You can purchase every other network's night bundle but I'll strongly advice you to stay off mtn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by MrFlavvor(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2020
Bros na only you know o!
Something I do every night

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 24, 2020
MrFlavvor:
Bros na only you know o!
Something I do every night
Yes I've been doing it every night as well until recently i started noticing the fraudulent activities mtn has been carrying out on my line.

If its good for you, then carry on please.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by MrFlavvor(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2020
Stanl3y:

Yes I've been doing it every night as well until recently i started noticing the fraudulent activities mtn has been carrying out on my line.

If its good for you, then carry on please.
But I used it last night to download movies sha I think you should call their customer care service
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Orestino(m): 8:29am On Sep 24, 2020
lol it's actually true.. it has happened to me twice and I didn't bother to push it by calling customer care.. just decided not to do it anymore.. I use airtel night plan now and it's reliable
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by nwele2017: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2020
Stanl3y:
I'm bringing this to everyone's attention because i don't want you to loose money to the hands of mtn like i did. Yesterday 23/09/2020 I subscribed to a nightlife bundle worth 2gb in total which is the maximum mtn allow per day. I did 500mb four times.
I didn't receive a message notification to alert me my purchase was successful but i checked my account balance and found out N200 has been deducted for the transaction.
I tried checking my data balance but saw nothing except the stupid 10mb bonus they always give once in a month. I further logged on to the mymtn app to check and i saw nothing. I decided to be patient and wait till past 11pm to connect maybe it'll work without showing data balance, but still when the time came it didn't work. I called the customer care and they confirmed to me i was debited for the data and the purchase was successful, but what they couldn't confirm is if the data was used or not. They said the application to check that is not populating any details for my line.
I find it ridiculous how their application can tell i purchased the data but can't tell if i used it or not. I purchased the bundles during the day which means it was impossible for me to use it during the day except 11pm to 6am. Anyway they further told me they'll forward my complaint to the service center lol and it will take 24hrs to receive a feedback.

I was annoyed and i felt cheated! This isn't the first time mtn has been cheating me with that scam they call nightlife, I once purchased a total of 2GB and found 1.75GB credited to me but i ignored it, this time they took everything away! Another funny thing is, they deduct this bundle in a very funny way, an mtn nightlife bundle of 2GB cannot download a file of 1.8GB. Isn't it funny?

Anyway, You can purchase every other network's night bundle but I'll strongly advice you to stay off mtn.
MTN night works and I used it everyday for my online learning. You should have subscribed for it at exactly 11 pm or after not before 11pm.
Any subscribtion before 11 pm is record as the one of previous day.

5 Likes

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Flytime: 9:33am On Sep 24, 2020
Glo and airtel's night plan are seeming shady lately especially airtel

The rate at which the data finishes is alarming.Lately I've been getting alarms of me using up the data without doing my much.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by OneKinGuy(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2020
I use the night plan every night and I don't experience any problem. Next time, try subscribing 2 minutes after 11pm. Don't subscribe during the day time in order to use in the night.

4 Likes

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Petyr1: 10:02am On Sep 24, 2020
I'm okay with Glo night plan

1 Like

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by MrBONE2(m): 12:26pm On Sep 24, 2020
Stanl3y:

OoooH Bwana grin

Check maybe your SIM had been cloned or you are sharing data with someone otherwise if not,
Then Na Village People thing cheesy

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by BestMan001: 12:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
MTN night plan is the best.
Try subscribing at the right time and see it work.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Skmoda360(m): 1:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
OneKinGuy:
I use the night plan every night and I don't experience any problem. Next time, try subscribing 2 minutes after 11pm. Don't subscribe during the day time in order to use in the night.
That's what I have been doing since......and it's working fine but what the op is saying is true sha.....MTN na thief aka barawo grin
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Dubbuqueee: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Yes it's is...Nd Glo is the rescue for me
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Its not a scam.
I used it this morning to install ubuntu LTS from microsoft store on my windows laptop. grin
Send 2 to 131 for balance

1 Like

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by ideabuilder: 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
Learnt the hard way. OP subscribe only when 11pm pass to avoid story that touch next time.

Except Glo all other network takes 7.5% from your data. If you subscribe 500mb, you can only use 430mb.

MTN is still a thief.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by dims95(m): 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
Stanl3y:

I've also experienced the same thing, stupid behaviour from MTN. I raised multiple complaints on different platforms but got no refund.
What I'd advice is you don't subscribe for night plan in the afternoon cos you won't see your data allowance once it's time to use it. Subscribe one hour to 11pm.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by uniqueuser(m): 2:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
switch to airtel,their 250mb is 200mb but you see mtn make i no talk
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by osamz007: 3:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
By 11pm first send nt1 to 131

finish that data first
then send again
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by anslemarinze52(m): 3:39pm On Sep 24, 2020
bro I no lie to you mine de similar........ I did the night plan of 50Naira for 500mb in MTN........I was just browsing like WhatsApp, Facebook checking status ......I didn't download or watch any long video apart from status update on WhatsApp and them within 30 mins after I did the plan I was messaged my data remain 40mb.........I was like how come
Imagine I tried using the remaining 40mb to text on WhatsApp and it wasn't going..... showing no More data

conclusion MTN is a scam network.....I hate Dem die.....I'll Port to glo

3 Likes

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by fredie107(m): 4:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
Big Scam
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Stephenabudu960(m): 4:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
Hmm.....OK so if I may ask ways the best network for data plan in general ..

the one wey no dey drink data oo
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by benzion72(m): 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
Subscribe after 12 midnight
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Corroro: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
Abi? Mine is the double data they promised me, I subscribed for 2gb on my Camon phone expecting 4gb only to be given 2gb and another 2gb for YouTube lipsrsealed, how is that double if data? undecided
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Stanl3y:

Did U Call Their Customer Care & Complain To Dem? If U Havn't, Do Dat 1st B4 Conclusion.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Collins300(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
MrFlavvor:

But I used it last night to download movies sha I think you should call their customer care service
Please do you know any site to download movies
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Norman4real(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Stanl3y:

well it's your fault for subscribing before the time for it had reached. But in any case you should be refunded.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Femmymcox(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
nwele2017:

MTN night works and I used it everyday for my online learning. You should have subscribed for it at exactly 11 pm or after not before 11pm.
Any subscribtion before 11 pm is record as the one of previous day.

I use it most night, both MTN and Airtel.

He should have held on till it's time, 11pm.
Subscribing outside the hours of the bundle might make it invalid.
Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by Femmymcox(m): 7:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
[quote 2author=anslemarinze52 post=94262364]bro I no lie to you mine de similar........ I did the night plan of 50Naira for 500mb in MTN........I was just browsing like WhatsApp, Facebook checking status ......I didn't download or watch any long video apart from status update on WhatsApp and them within 30 mins after I did the plan I was messaged my data remain 40mb.........I was like how come
Imagine I tried using the remaining 40mb to text on WhatsApp and it wasn't going..... showing no More data

conclusion MTN is a scam network.....I hate Dem die.....I'll Port to glo [/quote]

40 is the new zero ��

1 Like

Re: MTN Pulse Nightlife Is A Scam You Should Avoid At All Cost by HunterArt: 10:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
The op is right. Nigerians have to stay away from MTN. They are gaining more in a fraudulent way than other networks. Especially for data. MTN socks.
The night browsing I do... It doesn't last long, it counts with minutes. Ordinary Instagram, MTN nightlife of 250mb finishes under 30m. MTN na 419 in stylish form.
For me I don go airtel.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Name Of This App And It's Function / Tecno Fighting Nigerian Dealers / Pls I Need To Know Price Of Galaxy Note 2 Screen (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.