Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,202 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. (1039 Views)

Confused Between Node Js And PHP / PHP Or Node JS? Here's My Honest Opinion / Learn PHP & MYSQL The Fast Way. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by squash47(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2020
Brothers and sisters in Dev, I'm thinking of learning a backend programming languages for my web development, should I learn PHP or JAVASCRIPT ?

which one is more better ?

Especially financially cos I'm learning this web development to get paid later.
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by Karleb(m): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2020
If you already know a little Javascript, go straight to Node.
Else, you can now choose between Node and Php.
I would suggest PHP though, but the language is just discriminated for no good reason.

if you can handle the discrimination, go with PHP
Else, Node

1 Like

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by squash47(m): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2020
Karleb:
If you already know a little Javascript, go straight to Node.

Else, you can now choose between Node and Php.

I would suggest PHP though, but the language
is just discriminated for no good reason.

if you can handle the discrimination, go with PHP

Else, Node

Thanks man. Let me just continue with node
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2020
If you love money learn PHP, if you hate money learn node. PHP powers 83 percent of the internet. WordPress, Drupal, Magento and co which powers the most websites on the internet are all powered by PHP. Jobs yapa for those fields. I am not talking about 20k WordPress theme installers. Building out theme features, editing and adding custom code to themes. Building out plugins and all of that. Learn PHP first especially if you want to earn. Node can come in later when the money is flowing.

Nodejs powers just 0.9 percent of the internet. Even a language like scala has more coverage than Nodejs. Scala powers 1.9 percent of the internet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by squash47(m): 9:28am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
If you love money learn PHP, if you hate money learn node. PHP powers 83 percent of the internet. WordPress, Drupal, Magento and co which powers the most websites on the internet are all powered by PHP. Jobs yapa for those fields. I am not talking about 20k WordPress theme installers. Building out theme features, editing and adding custom code to themes. Building out plugins and all of that. Learn PHP first especially if you want to earn. Node can come in later when the money is flowing.

Nodejs powers just 0.9 percent of the internet. Even a language like scala has more coverage than Nodejs. Scala powers 1.9 percent of the internet.

Seriously man, are you speaking from experience ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2020
squash47:

Seriously man, are you speaking from experience ?

Bro I followed the hype with nodejs especially from that HNG internship that everyone insisted on nodejs. Omho I would check freelancing sites and I would be seeing like 600 nodejs jobs and like 12000 PHP jobs. Like 12000 WordPress jobs. Like 12000 Drupal and co and all of them jobs. And it's not jobs of installing themes O. Advanced jobs like editing plugins to produce specific functionality building out new features and all of that. Omho I got frustrated and dropped nodejs for PHP. I felt since node is JavaScript I can pick up nodejs anytime I need it without much hassle.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

bro, asides web development; which other lucrative programming field one can learn. It seems web development is saturated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
bro, asides web development; which other lucrative programming field one can learn. It seems web development is saturated.
Data science, game development, cybersecurity, embedded systems, DevOps.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by MrJavaS: 9:50am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20 is kinda right. Every programmer needs money of course. I personally don't like PHP and so I learnt node js very well. But I wish I learnt PHP. PHP is an old an outdated multithreaded language but still powers a lot of websites in the internet. PHP has more jobs so go for it

3 Likes

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Data science, game development, cybersecurity, embedded systems, DevOps.
I mean in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:59am On Sep 24, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
I mean in Nigeria.
Remove embedded systems and game development. The remaining pay in Nigeria too then add networking to the list.
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by adaora17901: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2020
siblings and siblings in Dev, I'm thinking of learning a end broadcasts dialects for my website advancement, should I learn PHP or JAVASCRIPT ? which two is more better ?

1 Like

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Remove embedded systems and game development. The remaining pay in Nigeria too then add networking to the list.
Thanks bro.
But it's no necessary I study computer science or engineering to do this right?
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2020
Heartlessbanker:

Thanks bro.
But it's no necessary I study computer science or engineering to do this right?
Not necessarily but I have no idea on how interviews are done in those fields. I know data science interviews still test for data structures and algorithms so you might have to learn that even if you didn't study computer science or engineering. I have no idea about the rest. For DevOps you need to acquire certifications to get a job. Look at AWS certifications. I think the associate certification should be enough to get one an entry level job at least.

1 Like

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by MrJavaS: 10:38am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Bro I followed the hype with nodejs especially from that HNG internship that everyone insisted on nodejs. Omho I would check freelancing sites and I would be seeing like 600 nodejs jobs and like 12000 PHP jobs. Like 12000 WordPress jobs. Like 12000 Drupal and co and all of them jobs. And it's not jobs of installing themes O. Advanced jobs like editing plugins to produce specific functionality building out new features and all of that. Omho I got frustrated and dropped nodejs for PHP. I felt since node is JavaScript I can pick up nodejs anytime I need it without much hassle.

You are right here. But don't you think it's good to learn both? Node.js would probably outshine PHP very soon
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2020
MrJavaS:

You are right here. But don't you think it's good to learn both? Node.js would probably outshine PHP very soon
Yeah later my goal is to learn c# when I am very very good with PHP. Na numbers dey guide my decision. I no dey follow hype.
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by brandable: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

Boss, how about java. Isn't there opportunities for freelancing for java.

I just picked it up, and my major reason is to freelance with it and use the income to support my offline business.
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by squash47(m): 10:57am On Sep 24, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

So make I follow up on PHP na
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by Karleb(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2020
I wonder why the python warlords never show for here. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by squash47(m): 11:59am On Sep 24, 2020
Karleb:
I wonder why the python warlords never show for here. cheesy

Python no get weight reach JavaScript for the industry
Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by Karleb(m): 12:11pm On Sep 24, 2020
squash47:

Python no get weight reach JavaScript for the industry

There was a time many here advocated for nothing except python, everything else (especially PHP) was discriminated against.

Python is a great language though.

1 Like

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by stanliwise(m): 9:19am On Sep 25, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

This same thing I tell people. But No, they like flashy things. PHP code is what is in the core of large website. It is very difficult to remove. But people don’t listen

1 Like

Re: Should I Learn Php Or Node Js ? I'm Confused. by Nobody: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2020
All this kids and 40k max salary earners writing trash.

Programmers are like mechanic and your language should be like the tools in your tool box

The language u else doesn't matter at all

Learn at least 3 languages anytime u need it for specific task just use it

Nonsense

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Software Component? / A Must Watch Video For Every Aspiring Programmer / How Can I Create An App?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.