Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,358 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria (9845 Views)

Girlfriend Flees As Boyfriend Dies In Lagos Hotel / Man Attacks Friend In Hotel Room And Flees With N800k (pic) / EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 10:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
armyofone:

true why she left oil on fire i dont know, maybe she forgot.

thats the million dollar question. she has over 5 kids to look after. i am guessing she is feeling harassed and hence does not have her wits about her. i can imagine looking after 5 toddlers at 22. always some poop to clean, someone crying, someone to feed, someone to burp, someone to sing lullaby to. i can see how she got forgetful. her brain is everywhere
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 01, 2011
i hope boyfriend trouble wasnt added to that mix.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 10:18pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

i hope boyfriend trouble wasnt added to that mix.
could be.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by obowunmi(m): 10:31pm On Mar 01, 2011
The chick's gone to find a good babalawo.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On Mar 01, 2011
Is it by force to look after five kids,the question is,why cant she employ an assistant to help her out.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:40pm On Mar 01, 2011
i dont get how a 22 year could be running a daycare center though.

i'd have thought she'd be employed at a daycare, not operating one.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 01, 2011
obowunmi:

The chick's gone to find a good babalawo.

babalawo to bring back the dead kids?

and you must have missed the new york story about the babalawo doing awo and then the entire building caught fire.

we need to fear God in all our doings.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 01, 2011
Not a real daycare jo,but informal childminding in your own comfortable zone
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 10:56pm On Mar 01, 2011
she try sha. at 22 i couldnt tell my aszs from a hole in the ground.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 10:57pm On Mar 01, 2011
uplawal:

Is it by force to look after five kids,the question is,why cant she employ an assistant to help her out.
assistant ke ? 5 kids multiplied by 3 dollars an hour. 15 dollars an hour. where assistant money go come from ?
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 01, 2011
buzugee:

she try sha. at 22 i couldnt tell my aszs from a hole in the ground.

i babysat as a teenager but it was only one kid- at most two.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:01pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

i babysat as a teenager but it was only one kid- at most two.

and it was probably as a favor to someone. she get her own full fledge daycare hustle at 22. i throway salute for the girl sha
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2011
assistant ke ? 5 kids multiplied by 3 dollars an hour. 15 dollars an hour. where assistant money go come from ?

i doubt most babysitters charge less than $10 per hour, unless they're unlicensed, in which case they could accept less.

if the parents are working, then the babies will stay at least 5 hours per day.

i still think the girl was too young to be running a daycare center by herself without supervision.

if it was babysitting she was doing, that sounds like too many kids.

eyah.

hindsight is always 100%. undecided
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 01, 2011
buzugee:

and it was probably as a favor to someone.

yes, it was.

i played baby mother back then, such fun.

fed the kid, changed her diaper, cuddled her, etc.

nice way to spend the summer vacation.

the pikin no go remember if i tell her sha.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:06pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

i doubt most babysitters charge less than $10 per hour, unless they're unlicensed, in which case they could accept less.

if the parents are working, then the babies will stay at least 5 hours per day.

i still think the girl was too young to be running a daycare center by herself without supervision.

if it was babysitting she was doing, that sounds like too many kids.

eyah.

hindsight is always 100%. undecided
she was obviously unlicensed. no state will let you operate from home and have 5 kids in a house. i know this kind of hustle. tonnes of nigerian women do it in their houses in america. you take in the babys of all the ethnic people (cuz oyinbo will never allow their kids to be in that kinda setup) in the area (most prefarably nigerian kids ) while the parents go to work, and you charge like 3 dollars an hour. i know a woman who had up to 20 kids in her lil 2 bedroom flat at the twin towers in chicago. so imagine 3 dollars multiplied by 20 kids. na 60 dollars an hour be dat now.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:09pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

yes, it was.

i played baby mother back then, such fun.

fed the kid, changed her diaper, cuddled her, etc.

nice way to spend the summer vacation.

the pikin no go remember if i tell her sha.
hehe i have done it one or twice myself helping my brother out with his kid. lets just say i dont ever wanna change anyones diapers again lailai. iyanmaaaaaaaaa angry
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2011
i know a woman who had up to 20 kids in her lil 2 bedroom flat

shocked shocked

she could have at least bought or rented a house and gotten some help?

was she charging $3 per hour or you're just guessing.

i've never heard of a babysitter being paid so little. The least i know of is about <$100 per month and that's for unlicensed, and i heard it a decade ago.

my mum told me some scary stories of my childhood babysitter once. I want to believe the lady meant well but maybe had too many kids. Probably unlicensed too, who knows.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:12pm On Mar 01, 2011
and you know kids only drink milk so their shytttt is nasty as heck. the kinda stink that will put a skunk to shame
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 01, 2011
3dollars an hour times 5kids is enough for her,and she can even pay  an assistant from it.
For example,if shes doing eight hrs,then eight times 3 dollars =24,while 24dollars times 5kids =120dollars should be ok,atleast shes not paying tax,its informal child minding,and 600dollars a week is more than enough for her as a minder.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
buzugee:

and you know kids only drink milk so their shytttt is nasty as heck. the kinda stink that will put a skunk to shame

that's why they have to be baby cute, to compensate for all that.

buzugee:

hehe i have done it one or twice myself helping my brother out with his kid. lets just say i dont ever wanna change anyones diapers again lailai. iyanmaaaaaaaaa angry

i think it's easier for girls because of the mothering instinct [for those who have it].

gosh i had so much fun taking care of that baby. i wonder what came over me.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:15pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

shocked shocked

she could have at least bought or rented a house and gotten some help?

was she charging $3 per hour or you're just guessing.

i've never heard of a babysitter being paid so little. The least i know of is about <$100 per month and that's for unlicensed, and i heard it a decade ago.

my mum told me some scary stories of my childhood babysitter once. I want to believe the lady meant well but maybe had too many kids. Probably unlicensed too, who knows.
she was charging $3 an hour. i know because my nieces were one of the kids. she did it alone too. older woman too. well she is paid so little because
1, its illegal
2, she makes up her money in the volume of kids
3, there is an understanding that your kid will not get any special attention (she got 20 of em), so you know this is basically just a dumping place for your kid while you are at work. a cheap dumping place.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2011
wow, $3 is a bargain.

i've absolutely never heard of such.

1, its illegal
2, she makes up her money in the volume of kids
3, there is an understanding that your kid will not get any special attention (she got 20 of em), so you know this is basically just a dumping place for your kid while you are at work. a cheap dumping place

@ $3 per kid , that's about $300 a day. [5 hour workday].

not sure if the money will compensate for the stress involved.

she really should have gotten a bigger place and multiple assistants.

in nigeria, she'd have just started a school.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2011
uplawal:

3dollars an hour times 5kids is enough for her,and she can even pay  an assistant from it.
For example,if shes doing eight hrs,then eight times 3 dollars =24,while 24dollars times 5kids =120dollars should be ok,atleast shes not paying tax,its informal child minding,and 600dollars a week is more than enough for her as a minder.
why share part of your $600 when you can have it all ? tis not like its something you cant do alone right ? if not for this singular mistake she made, she would have been cruising nicely without the help of someone else.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 11:20pm On Mar 01, 2011
OMG. She was Nigerian?
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 11:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
She is a fool for running. Now she will pay dearly when they get her back here. Make no mistake they will find her. Her sentence has pretty much doubled at this point.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:24pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

that's why they have to be baby cute, to compensate for all that.

i think it's easier for girls because of the mothering instinct [for those who have it].

gosh i had so much fun taking care of that baby. i wonder what came over me.

i dont care how cute the baby is, i aint smelling no crap from a person who drinks milk day in and out. you can forget dat  grin
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^did somebody not smell your own back in the day cheesy

or, you wont change your pikin diaper?
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:27pm On Mar 01, 2011
Outstrip:

She is a fool for running. Now she will pay dearly when they get her back here. Make no mistake they will find her. Her sentence has pretty much doubled at this point.

i just wish those babies could have been saved.

very sad.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:28pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

^^did somebody not smell your own back in the day cheesy
yeah well i aint asked to be born so it was her duty to smell my crap  grin
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^ok then.

will you not change your pikin's diaper?
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On Mar 01, 2011
@Buzugee, Theres no way those kids will be treated good,except she gets help from someone,children are real demanding

You have to feed them

Change diapers

Change their clothes if any

get along with them on children tv,singing lullaby

Clean the house every now and then because they have to be hygieny safe

Except maybe she ties them to their individual pushchair,like their parents dropped them and she screams at them at slightest cries or worststill give the kids sleeping medicines,then the kids turns to dull all night long and parents will be too tired to notice this after longday work.

Parents just beware of the kind of people you drop your kids for.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 01, 2011
very few things can wear a person out like childcare.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Recover 13 Transformers, Arrest 137 Suspects In A’ibom / Two Nigerians And A Filipino Kidnap A Japanese Engineer In Malaysia / Video:shameless Nigerian Girls Naked Themselves While Fighting In Newyork

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.