Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,906 members, 7,835,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria (9848 Views)

Girlfriend Flees As Boyfriend Dies In Lagos Hotel / Man Attacks Friend In Hotel Room And Flees With N800k (pic) / EFCC Identifies Owner Of $2.1m Seized Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

^^ok then.

will you not change your pikin's diaper?
i guess if i have to right ? sad ohhh the horrors of life cry
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 01, 2011
I dnt understand tpia
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
buzugee:

i guess if i have to right ?

yes, if you dont want further problems that come with an unchanged diaper.

eg skin rash, screaming, smell, etc.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 01, 2011
uplawal:

I dnt understand tpia

it can be tiring even taking care of one child, talkless 5-20.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:39pm On Mar 01, 2011
uplawal:

@Buzugee, Theres no way those kids will be treated good,except she gets help from someone,children are real demanding

You have to feed them

Change diapers

Change their clothes if any

get along with them on children tv,singing lullaby

Clean the house every now and then because they have to be hygieny safe

Except maybe she ties them to their individual pushchair,like their parents dropped them and she screams at them at slightest cries or  worststill give the kids sleeping medicines,then the kids turns to dull all night long and parents will be too tired to notice this after longday work.

Parents just beware of the kind of people you drop your kids for.
well you know naija parents are not too fussy. you can slap a naija womans kid in front of her and she will join you in whooping that butt if you tell her why you are whooping that butt. basically all the woman does is plonk all 20 of them in front of the tv all day.  grin anyone who gets out of line is getting slapped.  grin
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:41pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

yes, if you dont want further problems that come with an unchanged diaper.

eg skin rash, screaming, smell, etc.
why is this life so hard cry grin now i gotta smell someones rancid crap because they are my kid ? life is harsh grin
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2011
anyone who gets out of line is getting slapped

one nasty nigerian woman twisted my ear so badly as a kid- i still remember the pain till this day.

she suppose be family friend o.

i no know wetin i do am, although i was a bit stubborn sha. She took us shopping and wanted to buy earring. I wanted to do something else.

clash of wills, and the lady twisted my ear as if i was a criminal.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 11:42pm On Mar 01, 2011
I can't even believe that parents would leave their kids in that condition. The sad part is that some parents might actually do this thinking that their kids were safer than in a regular daycare. I cannot even imagine what those poor kids went through.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 01, 2011
^^overseas, nigerian or maybe african parents work like crazy.

with all the multiple mouths they're feeding back home, can one blame them really.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:45pm On Mar 01, 2011
tpiah!:

one nasty nigerian woman twisted my ear so badly as a kid- i still remember the pain till this day.

she suppose be family friend o.

i no know wetin i do am, although i was a bit stubborn sha. She took us shopping and wanted to buy earring. I wanted to do something else.

clash of wills, and the lady twisted my ear as if i was a criminal.
thats nothing. i have had my mums friends lash me ferociously with koboko grin wtf ? if i catch that woman today, i will bodyslam her
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:47pm On Mar 01, 2011
Outstrip:

I can't even believe that parents would leave their kids in that condition. The sad part is that some parents might actually do this thinking that their kids were safer than in a regular daycare. I cannot even imagine what those poor kids went through.
its funny you say that. all the kids that went through that woman turned out to be meek and docile. very exceptional students in school. very focused. dont give any kinda wahala. very respectful to adults. i guess kids respond to slaps
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 01, 2011
buzugee:

thats nothing. i have had my mums friends lash me ferociously with koboko grin wtf ? if i catch that woman today, i will bodyslam her

nigerians and discipline.

they dont joke with it at all, though i hear times are changing because some parents can literally beat anybody who touches their child, in nigeria these days.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 01, 2011
I tell you tpia,now i get you,

I used to be a fulltime childminder,i still do in someweekends

If it happens that i dnt take my bath in the early hour of morning like six am,then it will be later in the night after they have all left.

Cos i cant imagine leaving kids to themselves while am washing myself in the bathroom,never.I dnt even take a nap,full concentration on them till they leave ,after then i will even be worn out,so tired,because i attend to them like they are my kids, cos i love kids naturally,i dnt feel tired caring for them,but i feel the tireness after they are all gone, even i dnt stay long in the kitchen leaving them behind talkmore of going out.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 11:53pm On Mar 01, 2011
yeah i wish a motherlover would touch my kid. i will rip out his or her tongue with my bare hands. yes i will. really i will
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:02am On Mar 02, 2011
@Buzugee,Pls dnt support badthing,most of these childminders dnt give this kids what thier parents pay for,except the nice and Godconscious ones do,Infact,they kill the children's courage/confidence from young age,rendering them fearful at a slight approach.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by buzugee(m): 12:35am On Mar 02, 2011
uplawal:

@Buzugee,Pls dnt support badthing,most of these childminders dnt give this kids what thier parents pay for,except the nice and Godconscious ones do,Infact,they kill the children's courage/confidence from young age,rendering them fearful at a slight approach.
lol you know you dont need a child minder to kill your childs spirit in nigeria. african parents do a good job of that. heck my spirit was killed by the many whoopings i received at home and in boarding school.  and for $3 an hour what exactly were you expecting ?  now if you hired a nanny for $17 an hour, she will take the time to nurture and teach your kid. sall bout the benjamins babyyyyyyy. you get what you pay for
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:49am On Mar 02, 2011
Dnt even go there, i went to boarding school myself,precisely Federal school, it was little hell.

but all the same,the kids should be treated well  regardless of what is paid,if not,God will in one way or the other make the laws catch up with them,thats reality.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by fstranger3(m): 1:22am On Mar 02, 2011
so no one died
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Outstrip(f): 2:59am On Mar 02, 2011
tpiah!:

^^overseas, nigerian or maybe african parents work like crazy.

with all the multiple mouths they're feeding back home, can one blame them really.

Of course you blame them.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:00am On Mar 02, 2011
Everybody is sad over what happened, and i`m still reeling from the shock of finding out the carer involved is nigerian. The fact that people are discussing doesnt mean they dont sympathize with the families.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 02, 2011
I truely feel sorry for this lady,carelessness we all call this.But I do not really think so,It is just what I will call one mistake that ruin her life.I would advice the family of the woaman step in if truely she ran away.They should convince her to return to the US as there is no other 2 ways about facing the issue at hand
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by lailaiwala: 8:16am On Mar 02, 2011
Was she taking care of children of Nigerian/Africans? These things happen with Americans as well sha, not only immigrants.

That is, lots of misguided parents who want to economise on the cost of childcare but spend $300 on their hair; caregivers who are just so clueless and careless.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 02, 2011
Looking at the scenerio, I think that was not the first time she left the children on their own while trying to attend to other stuffs. This happened just to bring before her the foolishness of leaving children without constant watch. She has complicated the case further by being a fugitive instead of staying back becuase, from the story so far, I think she is a child friendly person and the incident was unintensional and unfortunate.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by shollyaj(m): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2011
So sad!
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by andyanders: 9:03pm On Mar 02, 2011
NIGERIAN ATTITUDE OF CARELESSNESS. SHE IS IN FOR IT
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Imari(f): 6:06am On Mar 03, 2011
This is a sad story indeed.

I remember watching it on breaking news here.

Ms. Tata knew she had messed up big time because she started out pretending and lying. First saying she was in the bathroom at the time the fire started, even before I knew the full details I questioned that because 7 babies in the house ages 3 and under she would have heard crying/screaming or at least smelled smoke and those babies would not have died as fast as they did if she was actually in the house.

That's just my piece on that, now to some who say she was only 22 well here in the U.S. many girls start babysitting in their teenage years with no problems I was one who started when I was 14yrs old.
Ms. Tata took RESPONSIBILITY for those children in her every action, as (from stories I've read) she would babysit some of her church members children (one of those who died was a church member little girl), then she took her liking and responsibility to the next level she thought she was ready for, she rented a nice home then she applied for a license to run a home daycare from the state of Texas, which is in no way nilly willy, there are standards she has to met one of which most likely is taking classes in childcare, cpr etc. the house also had to met standards of safety which at first it failed, Ms. Tata corrected those and passed all inspections and was granted a license to run a home daycare with limits on the number of children in her care if she was the only adult to care for those children the limit is 6 (I believe) but she had 7.

To those who believe that she may only serve a few years in prison, I say Think Again, this happened in TEXAS and the charges WILL be increased to involve more than "child endangerment" if she doesn't do the right thing for herself, those children and their families.

Ms. Tata did not do herself any favors by taking flight to avoid the charges. From what I have read from some of the parents of these children she has their sympathies and they only want justice and not revenge which I see as being in her favor. The victims families feelings and opinions can go a long way in a courtroom for either side.

I pray that the Good Lord grant ALL involved comfort and peace.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Princek12(m): 12:34pm On Mar 03, 2011
breaking news: Jessica was heating the oil in preparation for cooking ogbono and edikaikong, as well as for frying fish and goat meat for stew. Now children are dead because of all this. She went to the store to get a pack of Guinness and Heineken.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 03, 2011
@tpiah!, Mr buzugee cld decide not to have kids, adopt a 14-yr-old or pay someone to take in the smell. You know I hate this idea of you were born and must do the same. Don't we even have a choice? In Nigeria, you meet a woman with 6 children and she will tell u God decides if that is enough and she is dying of hard job of little pay and more restlessness. It is funny, how people come together to make babies and then jettison them to Minders and God.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 03, 2011
Fergii are you saying buzugee or someone else will decide to adopt an almost grown person in an effort to avoid the smell of diapers? Not sure im reading you right.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by ollybosieb: 7:57pm On Mar 03, 2011
she must have forgotten the oil on the stove, no one in her right mind will do that , but running away is not the solution.
May the little angels RIP

And this is a lesson for all the parents that leaves their kids in the house to run errands.
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by Nobody: 12:15am On Mar 04, 2011
That wicked b!tch will never see peace until she turn herself in . . .
Re: Owner Of Burnt Daycare Flees Us To Nigeria by lastpage: 1:03am On Mar 04, 2011
I wish God's rest for those 4-poor souls.
I wish their parents my sympathy and God's comfort too.

Now, to the koko issue:

okay, two things:
1.) She is 22yrs ---- barely matured enough to be called a "Mother"
2.) She was obviously a hardworking lady who wants to use her idle time to do some legit work (and l bet she loves children too, otherwise she should have been painting the "red-district" at night or doing yahoozee)

Lets not get too sentimental or take some shitty moral high ground here!, SHE MADE A MISTAKE BORNE OUT OF INEXPERIENCE. End of story.

Some clowns are even asking us why did she run? angry
Idiots, SHE RAN OUT OF FEAR!
What do you do (or your brain does, involuntarily)  WHEN YOU"RE  AFRAID?
its called "fight or flee"!

She made a fatal mistake that cost lives, innocent lives for that matter but it does not lessen the fear in anyway.

And l will bet my two bosoms/balls that 99% of all the "pretenders" here on NL will do the same, under the same circumstance (The remaining 1% will be so frozen with the same FEAR they will just stand rooted to the same spot till the Police wake them up to put handcuffs on! grin )

Turn herself in? Dont be silly, let the Police do a damn good job of this, thats why they are paid tongue

Stop pretending, you all will do the same thing or who has not made a mistake before?
Okay, yours did not kill anyone?, what about drunk-driving?
What about talking on the phone while driving or does that not cause deadly "accidents"?
"Let he without sin, cast the first stone"

BTW: I guess the "parents" knew where their mistake lies, hence the "forgiving spirit". Both have liabilities naah wink

Lesson here is: Be careful who you leave your children with and if you must take up FOR CHILDREN,be reminded that it is a huge responsibility (Dont just think about the income only!).
Again, dont be too greedy and want to "eat alone, die alone"! Employ one assistant to help you! One minder to seven kids is too greedy naah angry
Now, Yaawah don-gaz! angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Two Nigerians And A Filipino Kidnap A Japanese Engineer In Malaysia / Anthony Munachi Okeke Is A Scammer / Why Do Many Nigerian Guys In America Try So Hard To Be Gangsters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.