Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) (74409 Views)

Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. / Luxembourg Becomes The First Country To Make All Public Transportation Free / To ‘redefine Public Transportation’, Ambode Injects 820 Buses Into Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Canih28: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
the country is very small, like the size of Lagos city alone.

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Hardgun: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
sigiyaya:
God didnt do it in luxembourg people like you and i did
Deep
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by OGWILLS123: 2:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
chariisGRACE:
See better train here.
No be the refurbished rail caterpillar wey Amaechi go pack from China come.
666 year's ban for this kind mouth where you just use wash 9ja grin
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Hoojay(f): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
God i beg pity this country called Nigeria cheesy
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Ekeletu: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hardgun:

Nigeria go b like that
HaHa future impossible tense
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Princedapace(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
chariisGRACE:
See better train here.
No be the refurbished rail caterpillar wey Amaechi go pack from China come.

That is why I laugh at Nigerians celebrating rubbish, especially those wey dey hype Lagos. I have said it many times that Nigerians, majority dont really know what development and good governance are. That is why they celebrating rubbish like bore holes grin

3 Likes

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by wolexy14(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Finally I get where to go ..........oluwa u are wonderful

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Hardgun: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ekeletu:
HaHa future impossible tense
Oh you of little faith
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Hoojay(f): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
OGWILLS123:

666 year's ban for this kind mouth where you just use wash 9ja grin
lols...Amen grin
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by vivies: 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
nBag:
wow, peep how people Dey make life easy for themselves.. I weep for Africa. My Nigeria at most.

some people would be preaching how Nigerians like free things
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by siverspooon(m): 2:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
Explorers is showing us
computer generated pics
we all know thats not the real pictures
the Luxemburg i know is a small shit hole
with poor people... that can't afford basic amenities
education system not recognised
what's their GDP
who knows their musicians
who knows their actors and actresses

Nigeria is bad
but economically and infrastructure wise its well better than that village...
how many billionaires do they have

dangote alone can buy that hamlet

Pls seunwher is the dislike button?
I wan dislike this yeye post

6 Likes

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Bkayyy: 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
A friendly reminder to senseless Africans that Luxembourg is a very small landlocked country with a population of 512,353 sensible people and land mass of 2,586.4km² with no crude oil.
You see, you don't need the whole land in the world, crude oil and access to ridiculous seas to have a wonderful and progressive country, all you need is people of similar ideology

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Hoojay(f): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
Princedapace:

That is why I laugh at Nigerians celebrating rubbish, especially those wey dey hype Lagos. I have said it many times that Nigerians, majority dont really know what development and good governance are. That is why they celebrating rubbish like bore holes grin

You are right

4 Likes

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Luckydubby7(m): 2:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
Yet buhari want to sell our oil for #300/ltr

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Kingrefreshed: 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Explorers:
*. Luxembourg is the first country ever to make all trains, trams, and buses completely free.

*. The country’s government introduced it as an attempt to reduce congestion from car traffic and pollution.

François Bausch, the minister of mobility and public works, is convinced that “The range, punctuality and quality of the services on offer are crucial to motivating people to change their habits and switch from private cars to public transport.”

https://www.boredpanda.com/luxembourg-made-all-public-transport-free/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

I love this country 10 times more than the United States and Canada. Please google about the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by MajohBankz: 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Something tells me I'm originally from Luxembourg, like my roots can be traced to Luxembourg.

5 Likes

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by NonnyDot(m): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kriss216:
No one should mention Nigeria here please cry cry

Like eeh, we should just be talking how effective they will improve Luxemborg.

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Denique(f): 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
HomerTimpson:
i was there in heaven that day,you were warned when you were choosing nigeria but your poverty head objected saying you love the giANT of africa grin

I bet you didn't see yours coming! grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Brushstrokes20: 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Dammmmmmmmnnnn it! The shithole is cursed with useless, kleptomaniac, self serving, sadistic rulers.

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Ekeletu: 2:26pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hardgun:

Oh you of little faith
lol
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
See better Country
Meanwhile here is electricity hike, fuel hike, inflation, food prices on the rise, insecuritiy corruption, no rule of law, dictatorship, press and freedom suppression, internal and external borrowing....
Nigeria is failed state, sometimes I wonder what good have come out from Buhari and APC except the number of infrastructural development

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kriss216:
No one should mention Nigeria here please cry cry

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by 247SENDME: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
richesbhc:
Nigeria can never get to this level

We can if we change from animal to humans. Change from damager's to managers and change from lying to speaking the truth.

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by octopus101(m): 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Naija how far now when una go even pure water free�����
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by BizBayo: 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
not Poverty Head Joor...I saw so much potentials in Nigeria due to its mineral resources

You thought you saw bitumen but it was iced coke that you saw grin

1 Like

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by freeedosa(m): 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2020
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by kareemkamil(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
Kallmerb:
God why did I choose to be born in Nigeria

�����
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by anonimi: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
ITbomb:
The smallest State in Nigeria, Lagos is bigger than Luxembourg in landmass and population.
So they can do it

However they won’t do it and the people who cough up the increasing IGR will continue to hail the government.

Ajibel:
Not many nations within the African continent can boast of the feat Lagos state has attained over the past decade. The state rivals economies of nations as it ranks the top 10 of the largest African economies. The success of the state is, however, punctuated by high poverty levels and a range of infrastructural deficits. The onus thus falls on the state to make do with its available resources towards meeting all the needs of the state and this is what the Ministry of economic planning and budget (MEPB) as headed by Commissioner, Sam Egube, seeks to attain with the state’s financial resources. Given the ongoing pandemic, the job of the state in mitigating the far-reaching effect on businesses and individuals alike has been further heightened.

The recently released financials for Q1 2020 reveal an actual revenue for the quarter of ₦282.6 billion, a figure 101% higher than the actual revenue of 2019 which stood at ₦140.7 billion and 6% higher than the budget for 2020 which stood at ₦267.8 billion. The revenue for the quarter consists of ₦100.3 billion on internally generated revenue, ₦141 billion on capital receipts, and ₦41.2 from federal transfers.

3 Likes

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by Rollingstones86: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
I weep on hearing this, but in my own country cost of commodities and transportation souring higher on a daily basis,with bad news.
Why did God directed me to Nigeria at first , I weep. For the incoming generations cos if they ain't rugged that's another sad story lines for them

2 Likes

Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by lastchild: 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
if you try this kind thing for naija, you go see say everybody get places to go at all time, even the cripples
Re: Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) by HenryHill: 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Siberia01:
cool
Explorers is showing us
computer generated pics
we all know thats not the real pictures
the Luxemburg i know is a small shit hole
with poor people... that can't afford basic amenities
education system not recognised
what's their GDP
who knows their musicians
who knows their actors and actresses

Nigeria is bad
but economically and infrastructure wise its well better than that village...
how many billionaires do they have

dangote alone can buy that hamlet

LMAO.
You're just WUMming, right?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Cheeky Monkeys Having Sex On Car Bonnet In England / Aokigahara Forest Where Hundreds Have Committed Suicide In Japan(Pics) / Cameroonian Man Deported From Turkey, Wrapped In Cling Film As A Luggage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.