Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 PM

All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy (1901 Views)

My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Enkaychoco(f): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2020
Hi, am new here, my 3 kids (5,3,2) detest food a lot, at times i spend close to 2 hours forcing them to it, be it rice, beans, tea or swallow, sometimes I get angry that I beat them in the process, they jus love to eat noodles but I don't want hink its enough, I feel so bad doing it buy I want them to look healthy and nourished like their mates, am tired of it all
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Kriss216: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2020
No be Akpu and Garri dey make children look healthy and nourished.

Me as an adult, I don't joke with noodles. You can learn to garnish their noodles since they enjoy noodles alot.

8 Likes

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Enkaychoco(f): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2020
Sorry for some typographical errors
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by dingbang(m): 7:31am On Sep 25, 2020
So what made them to be eating noodles in the first place?
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Nbotee(m): 7:33am On Sep 25, 2020
U probably started dem up on noodles and as such dey are hooked on it.. For now beating dem won't really solve anything. I'll suggest U jus find a way to spice up and garnish the noodles to make it more nutritious. They'll outgrow it

2 Likes

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Friendlyjoe: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2020
Just put your feet down and make the little cute ones eat a proper balance diet just as you are doing. Sometimes you might wanna bribe them with little things they like, tell them when they finish thier food, you are gonna reward them with little things they love

7 Likes

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by daddytime(m): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2020
Eyaaa..

Quit with beating them, please.

As the poster above said, if that's what they fancy, for now, you can inculcate more veggies and protein into noodles to make it more nutritious and rich for them.

Kai, in our days, if you tell my mama say you want chop egg sef dem go tell you say "na from small dem dey know pikin wey go get big eye or thief". We dey manage any eba wey dem mold for plate for all of us to gather with one small shekele meat to share.

Some expert sef dey use their eba gum the meat disappear from soup.

Na there you go see siblings wey worse and thief pass Nigerian politicians I tell you.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Enkaychoco(f): 7:34am On Sep 25, 2020
Even too much of the noodles sometimes softens their stomach
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Taich(m): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2020
Is common with most children at their age, although it can be frustrating just try and relax a bit and change your tactics. Since they love noodles, add veggies and fish to the noodles so as to balance the meal, as they grow older, they energy demand will increase and they may start eating other stuffs.
Do have a nice parenting day
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by MJluv(f): 7:37am On Sep 25, 2020
Lol... sorry about your frustrations. You just have to be patient with them.

I have a feeling you or your hubby did the same to your parents too when you were kids. kiss Lol....

Just be patient with them, they'll eventually come around...

1 Like

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by mariahAngel(f): 7:38am On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:

Too much noodles is very unhealthy for them.
Stop giving them noodles for now, and focus on other foods they manage to like.
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by majamajic(m): 7:41am On Sep 25, 2020
U started with Noddles now u wan push them back to normal food , that's what what happens when u become too lazy to cook for the kids at earliest stage . By the time they started getting skinny , u now start by force them to eat other things , how well are the other foods cooked ? Did u prepare the food well ?

1 Like

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Enkaychoco(f): 7:43am On Sep 25, 2020
When trying to make them eat, the next thing my 3yr says is "mummy I want to poo", the moment he steps out, the remaining 2 siblings also wants to poo, kai, they stay there, and that is the end of the food, God help me
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by flyingpig: 7:56am On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:
When trying to make them eat, the next thing my 3yr says is "mummy I want to poo", the moment he steps out, the remaining 2 siblings also wants to poo, kai, they stay there, and that is the end of the food, God help me
grin grin grin grin grin Children are beautiful.
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by inegbedion30210: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2020
Even too lot of the pasta sometimes softens their gut
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:57am On Sep 25, 2020
don't stress yourself.. till am 15yrs.. I don't do eat at all..
just very little food.. am filled up..
they would grow healthy..
when the time comes.. they would start eating
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Karleb(m): 8:23am On Sep 25, 2020
Serve the food.

Get a very good cane.

Keep a straight face.

Order them to eat.

If they don't, give the eldest a correct stroke.

The others will cooperate.

Let them eat with tears in their eyes.

I don't know why Africans are shouting "don't beat them" "don't beat them".

Spanking here is legal, so far you are not abusing them.

10 Likes

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Richy4(m): 8:35am On Sep 25, 2020
At least they wanted to eat something which was noddles.. For me, that was a heavy plus..

Go to the hospital and see where parents were just praying for their kids to get well enough to even drink beverages or eat any soft like the noddles.. Please let them be.. cook what ever you can.. if they don't want it, give them what they want if you can afford the time to prepare it...
don't beat them because nobody has beaten u up when you were going to the restaurant to demand for some certain food/ services difficult for the restaurant owners to provide.. they don't force anything on u grin

1 Like

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Fajoe2020: 8:54am On Sep 25, 2020
Send them on a holidays to their grandma. You will testify later.

5 Likes

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Mamasessy(f): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2020
Only offer the meals if they refuse then they get the same meal next time. Eventually they will eat. Remember kids that size only eat portion the size of their palm. Don't force them to eat but tell them they should sit at the table for a good length of time as there is nothing else. Or serve only noodles for one week, they soon beg for something else.

2 Likes

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:
Hi, am new here, my 3 kids (5,3,2) detest food a lot, at times i spend close to 2 hours forcing them to it, be it rice, beans, tea or swallow, sometimes I get angry that I beat them in the process, they jus love to eat noodles but I don't want hink its enough, I feel so bad doing it buy I want them to look healthy and nourished like their mates, am tired of it all

Give them multi-Vit. They'll be the ones crying for food.

Check with the pharmacy for a very good age appropriate children vitamin supplements.

1 Like

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Saintmary(f): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2020
daddytime:
Eyaaa..

Quit with beating them, please.

As the poster above said, if that's what they fancy, for now, you can inculcate more veggies and protein into noodles to make it more nutritious and rich for them.

Kai, in our days, of you tell my mama say you want chop egg sef dem go tell you say "na from small dem dey know pikin wey go get big eye or thief". We dey manage any eba wey dem mold for plate for all of us to gather with one small shekele meat to share. Some expert sef dey use their eba gum the meat disappear from soup.
grin

1 Like

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Enkaychoco(f): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2020
Fajoe2020:
Send them on a holidays to their grandma. You will testify later.

We went visiting around July and stayed 3 weeks, grandma tried her best but e no work, she say I should give them time that they will adjust
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Enkaychoco(f): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2020
Karleb:
Serve the food.

Get a very good cane.

Keep a straight face.

Order them to eat.

If they don't, give the eldest a correct stroke.

The others will cooperate.

Let them eat with tears in their eyes.

I don't know why Africans are shouting "don't beat them" "don't beat them".

Spanking here is legal, so far you are not abusing them.

Honestly I tried this and it worked lastnite but how long will I keep a cane when feeding, I guess I will continue with it, d worst is if they don't eat they emaciate easily that's why am so concerned. I will continue to try
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by daddytime(m): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2020
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Karleb(m): 11:04am On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:

Honestly I tried this and it worked lastnite but how long will I keep a cane when feeding, I guess I will continue with it, d worst is if they don't eat they emaciate easily that's why am so concerned. I will continue to try

Stop only when you seen the results you desire or when the spanking becomes abuse.
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by mariahAngel(f): 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:

Do they eat fruits at least?
Do you know how to make pancakes?

1 Like

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by TAGM(m): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:

So many great advice up there already.
please stop beating them because if that.
It's a stage they will outgrow
Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by TAGM(m): 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:

please when it comes to this, I don't think cane will do the job.
Our last born would rather starve than eat any other food then than bread, tea, indo mie. But she's outgrown it.

Or like someone said up there, you can try out a holiday strategy as my parents did to me then
They wanted sending my siblings to grandma's place and leaving me behind reason being that I used to take only pap, right from three months and I so loved it.
When I saw that they were traveling I started crying that I want to follow them to the village, my mum then made me promise that if she let me go, I would have to stop taking pap. I agreed and an agreement was struck.

She thereafter allowed me to go with them, unbeknownst to me she hid my feeding bottle and pap in their travel bag(mother's love ehn) in case I started crying for pap there .

Graciously I kept my part of the bargain and never asked for pap while we were there.. that's how i'as taken off pap.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Fajoe2020: 3:19pm On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:

We went visiting around July and stayed 3 weeks, grandma tried her best but e no work, she say I should give them time that they will adjust

Grandma will be nice to them because you are around. Unless their grandma is not like mine. grin

1 Like

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2020
Enkaychoco:

Add bitter leaf to the noodles and enrich the rice, beans, etc with tomatoes and eggs. wink

3 Likes

Re: All My Kids Are Picky Eaters, Its Driving Me Crazy by mariahAngel(f): 3:26pm On Sep 25, 2020
Nooil:

Add bitter leaf to the noodles and enrich the rice, beans, etc with tomatoes and eggs. wink
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Parents Who Have Sex With No Plans? / Why Do Women Date Married Men After Leaving Their Husbands? / Can You Slap Your Biological Mother For N9billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.