Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,838 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? (27553 Views)

Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) / Kate Omenugha Dressed In Secondary School Uniform (Photos) / School Register: Decades Back In Secondary School, Can You Relate?(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
The only time I was popular was when I entered Jss1 to Jss2.Change of school affected my life so much .. from Extrovert to core introvert.

I was part of everything bad that happen in school that year.. From Condom incident, where someone brought condom to school and I was the one that went to senior class to blow it in front of seniors( the suspension and flogging no be here o, to me then it was injustice).

I fought our senior prefect and was beaten wella, guy was almost 7yrs older than me.

In football you do not mark me or try to dribble, just write your chemist bill before trying.

I am the best in my class but after exam, I end up 2-5th position cos on exam day, I help those that would buy me Bons after exam. Big boys no dey use me play.

One teacher tried doing normination of class prefect by vote, 90% vote me as class prefect not minding the teacher knowing fully well I am disaster. I couldn't last 1 week . Issues was when a teacher once came into my class and saw everyone playing one game where u have to draw a rectangle with 12 positions where u have 3 brooms to win by having them in a straight line , lol I introduced it to my class as a panacea for noise making . They changed me same week . They ask me for noise making list. Each time, I have an excuse to give them why I didn't write it.

I was once the reason my school have to close after break time ... I fought a senior hefty girl,Rose for not moving out of my class when I ordered her to get out.. When the girl was on top of me, I couldn't move, I have to bite her hand hard. No one could pull me off till our principal came out . When we were going to principal office, the girl took a wooden chair that has nail on it and hit me on the head. The nail stuck inside my head and the blood gushing out was much.. Too much uproar, the principal have to close the school. Me and Rose later became good friends during treatment . We always meet at same hospital due to suspension we both recieved and have unlimited time. That girl looks like man.

What broke the camels back was getting arrested and stayed in police cell for 4 days at age 13, a crime that has nothing much to do with me , just my history made me a core suspect. Police came to my school twice and I was the talk of the town.
After that incident my life never remain the same. I didn't go back to same school and I changed like two schools because of my past arrest record. Became a core introvert After. I Just love watching people make noise but will never be a part. Till today I am a core introvert..

Wow! You were a don back then. Your legacy will still be intact to rhose who knew you. Thank God for change. It is all part of the experiences we all had to pass to become better adults. But some never learn from it.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Emotionss: 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2020
[color=#006600][/color]
ZIINI:
HEIGHT
I was given a very disgusting name in hausa I guess it a name giving to tall people in their language, look at the way you concentrate while reading it
You want me to say the name but I won't.

Dogo how far na ?
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by HumanCalc: 2:26pm On Sep 26, 2020
Mental Calculation. I have the talent of doing big calculations with my head in split second. Everyone in my school knew me back then..lol. My nickname was Alata which basically meant "non-sceintific" calculators in yoruba
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by piyoo91: 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
virginprincess:
I was the head girl back then, and also because of my neatness& modesty.
this ur name...are u urhobo or isoko by tribe
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Psoul(m): 2:28pm On Sep 26, 2020
SamuelLoch:
I was known by many but first with teachers. I was shy, soft, and gentle. Some teachers knew me because I score high in their subjects, some knew me for the wrong reasons such as not wearing brown sandals (I hated it), white socks (I preferred black with my Toms footwear), growing hair, and so on.
Never had a girlfriend at school but I was a friend to a lot of girls (Science, Commercial & Arts), I eat from different coolers on a daily, and chop kisses, hugs before I go home.
I was so 'girly', throughout my secondary school days that I played football only twice, and that was because it was mandatory, as per class captain.
At our lunch hour, I'm busy discussing with my friends, female friends mostly. We called ourselves 'G12', for the Great 12. The group became G20 later, still we had only 3 males.
We went to the beach, swimming pool, Museum, art gallery, parties, religious events and likes together. Posting on Facebook and changing 2go profile pictures. We were that loud!
My Vice-Principal was a huge fan of our club... Now, we barely see each other or talk on social media platforms.

Indomie generation. Those that used Facebook during their secondary school years fall into the Indomie Generation.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Royaldave200(m): 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
virginprincess:
Proudly virgin.

Nice, hope you wldnt mind me getting to know you ? Just a friendly gesture
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
ZIINI:
HEIGHT
I was given a very disgusting name in hausa I guess it a name giving to tall people in their language, look at the way you concentrate while reading it
Dogonyaro
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by helinues: 2:30pm On Sep 26, 2020
Popular kwa,na right from onset we don't like anything paparazi.

Behind the scenes is okay
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Majikman(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
Ok let me remember
I dated the girl with the fattest ass , just a term after I joined school
I left the fattest ass girl for her best friend but got rejected
Tallest and Most handsome (girls would always say)
There was also a bad rumour that spread about me

That aside , I was just an extremely quiet , good looking boy
With top 10 grades.

1 Like

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by CallMeGrace(f): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2020
My big pink lips kiss

1 Like

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by xtgozie(m): 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
My nickname... BOY SAP and being witty and mischievous k.
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by CALCULUS16: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
I was known for my big head. I used to be called ' HEADquarter' others who were in the same category with me were called HEADmaster, Edward, HEADboy etc. those old days mehn, and i was the best student in that school in virtually all subjects and the only person to pass waec in the school then.

4 Likes

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by scriptures01: 2:35pm On Sep 26, 2020
I made the school football team very early when I was in JSS3. This made me very popular

1 Like

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Shadowrichie: 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
i was known for always being top 3 in my class,being a thug.i became a star when we wanted to do inter-house sport when all d house master's wanted because i run for d sch and fast,nigeria my country no rember runing again when sarz no dey chase me

2 Likes

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Legalese(m): 2:39pm On Sep 26, 2020
Jss3 holiday, I was shocked by electricity and had to undergo surgery. My school being a Catholic one started praying for me during our daily masses.

Came back a mini celebrity and miracle student.

God is Great.

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Sarang(f): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
The way I talked
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by GeneralPula: 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2020
MrHandsome2013:
I was nicknamed snake and it really affected me a lot in life

Haha lol..

What made them named you snake? Why didn’t you reject it? How did it effect you?

I just wanna learn oh!
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2020
Best science student in my set..The popularity was OK though but I was a shy dude back then.
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by michaelponle(m): 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
I was known as the boy who from getting 49 in maths ss1, to getting 81 in maths ss2.
I was also known for my mathematical brilliance, as I taught myself further maths from ss1-3 on my own without any teacher or tutorial.

Exactly same thing happened to me @ FGC
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by TooGod247(m): 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2020
KevUnique:
Okay, let me see:
Js1- I was the best dancer and second best rapper in the whole set(judging from social nights on Saturdays and choreography/mimming)
I was a fine fair child so i guess i was easily noticeable amd girls liked me (both muslim and christian girls) i am talking about more than 20 girls at one time.
I was intelligent and playful, but always passed well. My name made it to the "Honours list" from 80%-100% cumulative result. My name was punlished alongside other smart kids from all classes and my "reps" as we called it then, went even higher.
I was the first student to ask and date a girl out after orientation for new students in Js1 . Her name was Zainab Salik. Gorgeous girl. Her dad was in the House of Reps. Lmao those days sha.
I was a very stubborn and funny kid. Like a class clown, but in a cooler way.
I was the first one to start factions, gangs amongst students in my class. (I am not proud of this but I am telling my story here)
In Js1 also, my eldee sister was the Social Prefect of the school and she was also popular so it rubbed on me too. She was in Ss1 when she held the post.
Aha! Also, I was the best basket baller in my whole set, still in js1. Till new student came in js2 and i fell from the position. I was more into soccer or football by then.
:I was not scared of my seniors and i diarespected some of them(well, i look face first sha) and so my mates thought i was brave.
So in Js3, girlfirend's dad won the election and became Governor of Imo state. She was sick during junior Waec and i wrote answers for her for Chemistry exam/ intergeated sciene.
Lastly, my brother was in Ss2, which was the highwst class at the time. The school was yet to graduate a first set.
So all these made me he MOST popular lid in my set, until js3 when mates started yearing wues and growing wiser. Then i left the school and enrolled somewhere else. My legacy is there . I heard and saw them all, both boys and girls begging my late dad to let me stay and not change school. I still can remeber that fine afternoon, somehwere in Kuje, Abuja. Awwwn! More than 11years ago.
Thank God for saving me and i found Jesus! But ehn, those were the days, though!
Now, how is this for a highschool story... Lol

my guy were do u stay in kuje check my signature add me up, let chat on facebook,
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
I sabi book oh,win competition,my maths teacher vex kiss me say I b her husband buh competition for uni wan kill me
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by brightology3: 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2020
Birdeyeview:
As the topic implies, what really made you popular in secondary School irrespective of what kinda school you attended, private or public?

I happened to be the press club P.R.O which made me a little popular because I get to read the highlight of the previous day out loud at the assembly ground.

Let's hear from you guys
brilliant student(smalli in the class), later turn to head of secondary school cult group.
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Scarrr: 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2020
ZIINI:
HEIGHT
dongo
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Humanoid01(m): 2:56pm On Sep 26, 2020
I was one of the best sprinters back then. I represented my 'house' and the school during inter-house and interschool sports. We always won a medal, mostly gold haha. Damn, I miss Palmville.
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Starhearts: 2:58pm On Sep 26, 2020
I went to eko boys high school

Wht makes me popular is wen l come skool with 5 wrap stick of Indian Hemps, dats wen am in JSS 3

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Josipov: 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2020
ZIINI:
HEIGHT
Dogonyaro!!!!!!!
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Jas80: 3:03pm On Sep 26, 2020
ZIINI:
HEIGHT

dogo
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Thegoodone13(m): 3:04pm On Sep 26, 2020
Sports and mathematics
Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Dreyton36: 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2020
Fvck mehnnnnnn
E clear

I was known to be obe of the nearest and most handsome and most brilliant , meanwhile reading isn't my thing
But I'll surely pass that's a fact
I don't turk in my shirt never
I'm never punctual, you're very sure to meet me at the gate by 10_11am grin

3 Likes

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by femijay8271(m): 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
Free browsing cool

1 Like

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by Scarrr: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
Princessbettyj:
I was the girl basically all guys in my class was in love with angry unfortunately I no send them nah assignment and notes I dey use them for and buying of food and snacks too coolguys mumu for my class that year Sha grin grin grin
cheesy God go judge u

1 Like

Re: What Made You Popular In Secondary School?? by SirMichael1: 3:08pm On Sep 26, 2020
ZIINI:
HEIGHT
Dogo or dogo yaro. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Imo Has Highest Number Of UTME Candidates 2016 / Manual Labour In Secondary School (Photo) / The Polytechnic, Ibadan Post-utme (e-test) Cut-off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.