Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,435 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos (60061 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Ferry Trip From Oron To Calabar / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
Hello nairalanders, here I will posting details of my trip to Calabar and Akwa Ibom.
Firstly, You are not a good documenter. The photos look drab ,poor quality and uninspiring . You should have gone on a sunny day with cloudless blue skies.
Secondly, The government needs to ban child labor/abuse and street & roadside hawking , it makes the entire place look dirty and ugly. They also need to stop painting the medians and side of roads black and white.

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2020
if not because of the crimes and terrorism that're battling the country because of Buhari's mumu incapablity, I suppose visit all the states in Nigeria and cover the visitations within 12 calendar months.

I want to start this adventure but d fear of criminals and bandits dey hold me back.

I really need to touch down the whole Nigeria. Buhari, u are fake.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Curdlebug(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:

Well for transportation
Air fare cost NGN20,500 per adult to CALABAR
Fare to the hotel from Calabar airport NGN2,000
Journey from Calabar to Uyo NGN2,100
Journey from Uyo to Eket: NGN1,500
Journey from Eket to Ibeno Beach: NGN300 to and fro.

I hope this is sufficient

N2,000 to Delve hotel that is just adjacent to the the airport by Atimbo round abiut
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2020
Hunchogee:

And the guy you quoted might be disappointed grin
He never wish well for Akwa-Ibom..
How do you know the guy does not wish Akwa ibom well? I think a lot of Akwa ibom people have some sort of inferiority complex and envy towards Efiks & Calabar , they always feel a need to compare Akwa Ibom to Calabar or desire Calabar to fall and Akwa ibom to rise . For example, the many Akwa ibom people like the guy's comment saying he saw nicer roads in akwa ibom than Calabar. Very bad mentality. While other ethnic groups are showcasing and celebrating their many cities . what Akwa ibom people do not understand is that Efik/Calabar is the backbone and pride of Efik/ibibio ethnic group and should be cherished and protected. if Calabar falls the entire ethnic falls. I just don't know what's wrong with Akwa ibom people. They are now creating oron,ibibio and anang bibles instead of using only the Efik bible. with such foolish divisive behaviors the ethnic group looks very weak and volatile and may face extinction within 100 years.
Despite the fact Akwa ibom receives 6 times Cross river allocation, it's still trying to catch up in infrastructure and compare with Calabar . and the ratio of interstate residents : Ibomites living in CRS 40,000 VS CrossrRiverians living in AKS 1,000 .
Akwa ibomites have been appointed commisioners and special assistant but not even one person from cross river has been hired by Akwa ibom .
I repeat, what's wrong with Akwa ibom people? Only time will soon tell .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Singingbae(m): 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
BigDawsNet:

Where you served

Udung Uko
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Singingbae(m): 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2020
tosin4lyf:
2014/2015

Mine was 2018-2019

You stayed at eyokponung?
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by abrahambest(m): 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2020
CalabarHills:
Firstly, You are not a good documenter. The photos look drab ,poor quality and uninspiring . You should have gone on a sunny day with cloudless blue skies.
Secondly, The government needs to ban child labor/abuse and street & roadside hawking , it makes the entire place look dirty and ugly. They also need to stop painting the medians and side of roads black and white.

Thanks for your comments and sorry about the photo quality. I didnt have enough time to wait for the sun to shine to take photos. We are in rainy season and the weather was cloudy most of the time..The idea about this was to explore, with or without pictures

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by abrahambest(m): 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2020
Curdlebug:

N2,000 to Delve hotel that is just adjacent to the the airport by Atimbo round abiut
E shock you? First timers
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by MrEazi223: 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Which town in Akwa Ibom state is called ikot Iwan??
It must be a village not a town

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by mjay2018: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ademoore07:
From your post, you mean lagos to calabar journey lasted for just one hour? I'm amazed. My journey to calabar from lagos via peace mass transit bus lasted for a good 13 hours which cost me 5500 in 2013. So how much does Arik charges u?

In 2013 you will take Lagos to Calabar by air (aero) for 10k if you book online, Information is everything.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by EmekaA125(m): 5:58pm On Oct 02, 2020
abrahambest:
Adding this...
Are those dogs safe from those guys They fit chop am oooo
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by BigDawsNet: 6:16pm On Oct 02, 2020
Singingbae:

Udung Uko

What year?

Also Served at Udung Uko

Edikor
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by sunday0707(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2020
tosin4lyf:
I served in Udung Uko
I served in Eket, akwa ibom is such a nice and amazing place to be. I never regretted serving there. I miss Eket. I long to be there again

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by omoharry(f): 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
if not because of the crimes and terrorism that's battling the country because of Buhari's mumu incapablity, I suppose visit all the states in Nigeria and cover the visitations within 12 calendar months.

I want to start this adventure but d fear of criminals and bandits dey hold me back.

That was one of my dream when I was done with school . I wanted to visit the Northern region and other part of Nigeria, but due to the high insecurity in the land ,it's seems impossible .
I use to hear about the Beauty of Borno state with their beautiful maintains and hills as well as Jos. I hope I peace return back to Nigeria where people can move around without fear in my life time .

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by superfitsez(m): 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
samuelson06:

What warrant this kind of comment? There should be some sanity, please.
I didn't mention your stupid assss, you bitchh asss niqqqa, stay your goddamm lane
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:00pm On Oct 02, 2020
faithful2911:

Welcome to my kingdom cool

Cc. moreb2cum Crownedrookie GentRoyal bunnae
Are you from Ibeno? cool
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by TourismMan(m): 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2020
dayleke:

You no sabi me again?
Where have you been bro?
You just disappeared. ...hope all is well .

I go surely holla you na.
I know you based in cali.

Have been around but more on reading mode. All is well exception of the economic situation biting harder by the day. Just holla me anytime, anyday.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2020
CalabarHills:
Cross River oil wells was given to akwa ibom. Akwa ibom now receives 6 times Cross river's allocation. The current Cross River Governor is out of touch and lacks passion to develop Calabar because he's not from Calabar, he's from the northern border town close to Obudu .
Based on the images i've seen so far i think Calabar is not that bad . Like I said,ther government needs to chikd labor and street hawking and also stop painting the sides of roads black &White. the government needs to deport thousands od Akwa ibom people because most of the kidnapper,s prostitutes and armed robbers in Calabar are from Akwa ibom.
Sorry for the gods then why is Osun state and Enugu better than cross river state and interms of development and peace

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2020
omoharry:
That was one of my dream when I was done with school . I wanted to visit the Northern region and other part of Nigeria, but due to the high insecurity in the land ,it's seems impossible .
I use to hear about the Beauty of Borno state with their beautiful maintains and hills as well as Jos. I hope I peace return back to Nigeria where people can move around without fear in my life time .

nice one there.

though, peace was never in place to be praying for peace to return, but, the security was fair enough to move interstate back then.

I've got the northern parts of the country in high interest to visit, especially the Jos.
the south South too, starting from calabar.
the south east too, from Imo, Lord.

oh my God, I just need to visit the whole states in Nigeria.
it's a must self.
make this country soft oooh.

what a shame.

u welcome, sis.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2020
MrEazi223:
It must be a village not a town
Is a town or countryside
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
MrNipplesLover:
if not because of the crimes and terrorism that's battling the country because of Buhari's mumu incapablity, I suppose visit all the states in Nigeria and cover the visitations within 12 calendar months.

you can start with Akwa Ibom kingdom
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ilaumoh:

Sorry for the gods then why is Osun state and Enugu better than cross river state and interms of development and peace
All the answers you need are in my comment . Governor is not from Efik/Calabar and lacks passion .
The entire Nigeria is a shithole so it's always pointles when you guys compare whose shit is better. Enugu and Osun are not more developed than Cross river. Akwa ibom is 3 times smaller than Cross River and receives 6 times more allocation than Cross river , still not more developed than Cross river. The airport you are trying to build,Calabar already has airport and seaport which are even outdated and there are plans for new ones. yet there are thousands of Akwa ibom people living in cross river and benfiting from that small allocation while no one from the entire cross river lives in Akwa Ibom. Akwa ibom is only wasting money on baseless white elephant projects . that's not development.
There are private plans to develop the entire Calabar (Southern Cross river) into a first world mega city by 2040.
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ilaumoh:
you can start with Akwa Ibom kingdom

shitsss happening all around the country now, moving out of the South West is scaring me, I no go lie.
been to all the South West States.
just two eastern sides.

that's not enough.

when things don dey go softly, na special visitations I wan do.

this country is fuckeddd
Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by TourismMan(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
CalabarHills:
Cross River oil wells was given to akwa ibom. Akwa ibom now receives 6 times Cross river's allocation. The current Cross River Governor is out of touch and lacks passion to develop Calabar because he's not from Calabar, he's from the northern border town close to Obudu .
Based on the images and videos I've seen so far I think Calabar is not that bad. I think there's lack of maintenance. Like I said,the government needs to ban child labor and street hawking and also stop painting the sides of roads black &White. Those things really make the place look hideous. The government needs to deport thousands of Akwa ibom people because most of the kidnappers prostitutes and armed robbers in Calabar are from Akwa ibom.

And tomorrow we'll blame Buhari for operating government of the north or as you rightly pointed out, blame Ayade for not developing the Efik region of Cross River state? With your comment above, you have no moral standing blaming any government official for operating a sectional government. SMH.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2020
CalabarHills:
How do you know the guy does not wish Akwa ibom well? I think a lot of Akwa ibom people have some sort of inferiority complex and envy towards Efiks & Calabar , they always feel a need to compare Akwa Ibom to Calabar or desire Calabar to fall and Akwa ibom to rise . For example, the many Akwa ibom people like the guy's comment saying he saw nicer roads in akwa ibom than Calabar. Very bad mentality. While other ethnic groups are showcasing and celebrating their many cities . what Akwa ibom people do not understand is that Efik/Calabar is the backbone and pride of Efik/ibibio ethnic group and should be cherished and protected. if Calabar falls the entire ethnic falls. I just don't know what's wrong with Akwa ibom people. They are now creating oron,ibibio and anang bibles instead of using only the Efik bible. with such foolish divisive behaviors the ethnic group looks very weak and volatile and may face extinction within 100 years.
Despite the fact Akwa ibom receives 6 times Cross river allocation, it's still trying to catch up in infrastructure and compare with Calabar . and the ratio of interstate residents : Ibomites living in CRS 40,000 VS CrossrRiverians living in AKS 1,000 .
Akwa ibomites have been appointed commisioners and special assistant but not even one person from cross river has been hired by Akwa ibom .
I repeat, what's wrong with Akwa ibom people? Only time will soon tell .
Why are you always crying in every Akwa ibom thread..
Is your ex from Akwa-Ibom?
Abeg just shift oneside, no carry your pepper come spiol our soup..
Secondly you are attacking the OP for saying the truth.. Did the OP tell you he was from Akwa Ibom

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ndipe(m): 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
Nice pictures. Which state did you enjoy more, Akwa Ibom or Cross River?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:14pm On Oct 02, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

shitsss happening all around the country now, moving out of the South West is scaring me, I no go lie.
been to all the South West States.
just two eastern sides.

that's not enough.

when things don dey go softly, na special visitations I wan do.

this country is fuckeddd
So which south west state is safer than Akwa Ibom?
My brother kill your fear or contact the OP he is also from your region ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos by Ilaumoh(m): 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2020
Ndipe:
Nice pictures. Which state did you enjoy more, Akwa Ibom or Cross River?
Read more he said AKS

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of EPE, LAGOS Roads At Night / Level Of Transformation Of Owerri City Is Amazing / Ghana Bride In Coma After Groom Died In An Accident On His Way To Their Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.