Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

I Regretted Going To University - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regretted Going To University (62281 Views)

Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / Aliko Dangote Donates N300m Business School To University Of Ibadan (UI) / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regretted Going To University by Burgerlomo: 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
philipstanley:
The essence of education is not to get a job only
it is because to be useful to yourself and the society

School does not give you direct access to get a job

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by yemi1504: 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
LyfeJennings:

I graduated in 2006
Got a job in 2015
Alaye
Calm the hell down
Delay isn't denial

9 years after graduation bikonu? Why is Shith0le Zo0geria like this? Wasting people's primes! SMH
Re: I Regretted Going To University by sheDD(m): 9:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer onboard the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent renumeration at the end of your tenure that could be channelled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you onboard to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message

Thank you
uncle this was never meant for me
But if I show my interest will you put me in?
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
Farki:

Very correct in your assessment, but it's pride that's stopping schools from giving practical applications to their math lessons. It's like they have prioritised making it as difficult as possible to make it a point of marketing rather than helping students understand.
many are in teaching profession due to lack of alternative job . No passion for the job

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by Jeffersonagain(m): 9:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer onboard the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent renumeration at the end of your tenure that could be channelled into personal engagements

I'm inviting you onboard to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message

Thank you

Sir,

I am very interested in being part of this project please.
Kindly furnish me with details on how to proceed.
I can be reached via WhatsApp on 0903 745 1255 or by my email, oviedynasty@gmail.com.

Many thanks.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
Farki:

Very correct in your assessment, but it's pride that's stopping schools from giving practical applications to their math lessons. It's like they have prioritised making it as difficult as possible to make it a point of marketing rather than helping students understand.
School are profit driven. Practical is costly. They prefer to save cost at the detriment of students understanding.Thanks
Re: I Regretted Going To University by mikkywebs(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
There are more we can do as individuals to grow. Education is only there to bring out the best in you.

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by joepepsy(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
If just 10 percent of Nigeria graduates reason like that guy the country will change in less than 20years
Nguru55:

This guy must be related to APC
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Sheriman(m): 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
UDOKABESTLUV:
@poster, Start Blogging Business Now And Thank Me Later
Mr Man Will you just keep quiet!!

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by yemi1504: 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
harmargedon:
For those saying the reason for going to school wasn't to secure a good job, then why didn't they just teach us ethics and human relationships than putting us through the hell of multiple equations and wasting our time. the truth is education in Nigeria is a big lie. you're on your own after NYSC.

No wonder NYSC means Now Your Suffering Continues apt for that scam in camp and service to be patriotic to a shith0le nation called Zoogeria that never provides jobs for its graduates! Patriotic my ass!
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
nBag:

pathetic, lame and dumb.

I didn't bother to read all you wrote here stopped half way.
most mathematics teacher never socialized in school? they are teaching abstract garbage in garbage out. the whole world seems to be lost why students don't have interest in mathematics. but somehow Mr you have all the answers.
such an dumb generalization that doesn't take individuality into consideration. where in the world did you get all this trash.
I pity the faculty of those liking this trash you wrote.

as a mathematician. I tell you the reason for the lack of interest in mathematics and numbers is simple: just social madness ( how we easily grab the unnecessary things of life, entertainment and leisure has occupied the brains of people hence the consider anything brain cracking as boring.

ps: next time you say such trash do well to recognize that you are in a public domain.
bottom line your deficiency in mathematics and numeracy is caused by your 10000% social nature, and internal fear of the unknown. leave the messenger(teacher) and focus on the message(math)
Thanks for your constructive criticism, I said Many teachers not all teachers . Perhaps I would have use another word to avoid making it seem like I am generalizing. Apart from that, kindly read till the end.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by bluefilm: 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
uuzba:

Honestly. OP is really ******
People think University will guarantee them job.
It only teaches you how to read and write complicated things.
But you must sit down and determine who will need this your ability. And if there's no chance, use the ability for yourself.

So true.

Sadly, so many of our graduates and even undergrads still believe that their certificates is all what it takes to make it in life in terms of jobs or financial freedom.

What a pipedream!
Re: I Regretted Going To University by mostob(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you
interested
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2020
Stricklybidness:

Impressive
glad it resonate with you

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chydo63:
And the title of this your voluminous book is....? ⊂((・▽・))⊃(つ≧▽≦)つ(つ≧▽≦)つ���
The Passion for Mathematics.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by frank417: 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2020
Which money you take marry bros
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=durasome post=94413436].how all these con carry concern his inability to secure a job since graduation?[/quotehe is unable to apply his academic knowledge to creating job for himself
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Larxz(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you
Interested
Re: I Regretted Going To University by yemi1504: 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2020
Trayceey:
You're not alone on this. I'm a university graduate too. I've never done any good job with my certificate. The worst of it all is the 3 good years I wasted earning 30k on Npower. But I'm financially okay. Not because I went to school, but because I took advantage of Investments. That has been my saving grace

At least you saw 30k for three solid years! What will you say about me that earned only 25k for six months and unemployed through the rest of 2+ years of being unemployed?
Re: I Regretted Going To University by elnath(m): 9:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Don't regret. Come join my team and revive those dreams you thought were dead

Where is your contact?
Re: I Regretted Going To University by shankara7: 10:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
If your sole aim of going to school is just to get a job then you're daft.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by yemi1504: 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
chatinent:
We all regret, bro.
Abi bro. We all regret going to University and that scam called service!
Re: I Regretted Going To University by blowjohn(m): 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=Bedesipop post=94414218][/quote]

Lol
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Byggshoes(m): 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you

I am interested. Provision us with your phone number.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
placeofallure:

Well spoken!

I was in JSS 1, Home Economics Class. The teacher was talking about puberty in adolescents and the attending changes. Then she asked if anyone had started to menstruate among us. One girl, Kafilat, stood up. You can't imagine my surprise and then happiness. Reason? I never imagined what we read in books can happen in real life to a real person that I know!

Such is the plight of many students. It's a blunder on the part of teachers and it's marred many promising futures. I've never been good at Mathematics but I was excellent in other subjects. Not your average excellent o, I used to get 100 percent in many subjects when I sit for exams. I've never gotten Mathematics right until JSS 3. They just brought her, the teacher, and we clicked right away! I got my Maths right for once because she was my friend. But I failed to build up on it. She only taught Junior Secondary! Then on moving to SS1, there was a relapse. It was like that till I wrote my WAEC. Do you know what I did on WAEC Day, Maths? I wrote my name on my paper and slept off. I couldn't cheat. I'd never do that. Then I submitted my empty paper later. In the objective, I gambled. I told them my F9 was sure when I got home. I couldn't lie too and that was what happened. I got my F9.

I agree with you 100% teacher and methodology matter in impacting the students. I will always advocate for training and retraining of teachers so they can keep up with industry standard.
I am glad it resonate with you. One effective teacher can be the difference in one's life.no student is a dullard

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by tobechi74: 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
ojibole:

You are absolutely right and a brilliant mind
.thank

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by Farki: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
nBag:

there is nothing correct about that assessment. you just don't want to think deep. that's why you find yourself in agreement with him

You didn't even finish reading what he typed and proceeded to prove his point by wildly attacking him.

Ironically you blasted him for not taking individuality into account but failed to see that the typical school format doesn't suit everyone and what you consider "brain cracking" is just needless complications to a lot of students for things they might not even use after finishing school.

The same pride and unwillingness to actually teach I referred to is very apparent in your posts.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by SeedofAbraham: 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you
Interested
Re: I Regretted Going To University by matthewbrian150: 10:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
thesicilian:

Sorry about your situation. A lot of us Bankers, Doctors, Accountants, Lawyers etc also went to the university and have never been out of a job since we graduated years ago.
This is just my opinion though, but if a person who graduated over 5 - 10yrs ago hasn't been able to find a job, I cannot help but think that there's probably something wrong with the person himself or his quality of education.

I hereby present you the award of the most senseless comment I have read on nairaland. Please think before you type bullshit. You are not the only one who was lucky enough to secure a job. Education in Nigeria is a sham but we don't sing it because of the throngs of illiterates, Y-Boys etc milling around ready to ridicule us for our lack of tangible achievements after securing so called white collar jobs.

3 Likes

Re: I Regretted Going To University by 12345baba(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
yemi1504:

Unfortunately, I no learn that for school, too much of a bookworm and had personal issues.
chai. So sorry
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Akposb(m): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:
If you want to stay broke, keep aborting/passing over opportunities. The key to transformation on any level is embracing opportunities
Re: I Regretted Going To University by TrickyTeeBBN5: 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities / Olayinka Olamide-Sadiq Breaks University Of Ibadan Academic Record / Hoodlums Attack LASU, Destroy Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.