Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,517 members, 7,954,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:19 PM

I Regretted Going To University - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Regretted Going To University (63083 Views)

You Don’t Have To Go To University To Succeed In Life - Rishi Sunak / Carpenter With No Child Sends 33 Strangers To University With Life Savings / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regretted Going To University by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Hisduchess:

God bless you for this.The mentality that university education is only for one to get a lucrative job is a whack mentality and that's why undergraduates do all manner of shii to get the certificate without adding value to themselves by studying and probably learning any other thing if they see the opportunity.EDUCATION IS PRIMARILY FOR LITERACY SAKE AND TO BE REFINED TO AN EXTENT, GETTING A JOB WITH IT, IS A JARA.This mentality helped me and is still helping me, because it helps me not to over emphasize on my certificate rather I grab opportunities so far it can pay my bills to some extent and funny enough the certificate has been coming through for me but by bit. SO I'LL ADVICE THAT UNDERGRADUATES SHOULD PURSUE THEIR STUDIES FOR LITERATE SAKE AND NOT AS AN AUTOMATIC TICKET OUT OF POVERTY COS IT ISN'T AS FAR AS THIS YEYE "KWANTIRI" IS CONCERNED.

HAPPY SUNDAY PEEPS smiley
There's difference between getting a job and work.
If you had seek knowledge of some sort from education, you should be able to lay your hand on something to be paid (job) it could be entrepreneur or what have you but you should be doing something lucrative to be paid because you have seek knowledge.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Obiozor: 8:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
Anaghi akuzi OT na university

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by sirdest(m): 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer onboard the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together. Pls bro, I would like to join your team. Thank u.

Here are the perks of this opportunity :

* You get to work remotely and build wealth

* You work from the confines of your home

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent renumeration at the end of your tenure that could be channelled into personal engagements

* You learn on the project

I'm inviting you onboard to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message

Thank you
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:04pm On Sep 28, 2020
nokia1000:
My certificates have become useless. I graduated in 2008, passed out of NYSC in 2010. Till date I have not used my certificates for anything. What I am regretting in my life now is time I wasted in the university. My wife graduated in 2015, she is now learning tailoring because she couldn't get a job too.

Our universities never prepare graduates for future but rather to be looking for jobs that is not there and the country itself is another bad factor on its own

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by Merimental(m): 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Send a PM
I actually did some article writings for Opera. dey didn't seem truthful.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tot(f): 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
ArticleBeast:

What if u disappear before the end of the project? You should be paying weekly or per project

That's obviously a scammer. It's the people that will PM him that I pity in advance.

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by Oracleforce: 8:05pm On Sep 28, 2020
If you can observe your present environment or country, definitely you will come up with an idea of something you will do to feed yourself first and also feed your wife...
Don't despite the little beginning...I started teaching in a coaching center when I finished my Nysc in 2007 and not I travel to Dubai, Europe, and so on for holiday...
So, move with people that have a sound mind and read more definitely you will get what to do...task your brain there is something provided for you in the land....pray to God for divine direction.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Queenoffucks(f): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer onboard the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

* You gain skills that enables you make consistent income even after our working partnership

* You earn excellent renumeration at the end of your tenure that could be channelled into personal engagements

I'm inviting you onboard to join me on this project. If you're interested, send me a message

Thank you

Intwested.

Fvck you though.

Queenoffucks grin
Re: I Regretted Going To University by osifred(m): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
You went to school solely with the intention to get a job. I dare say, the school hasn't disappointed you but that you have disappointed yourself. Solve a problem in your locality and you might not be in this situation. Do a sober reflection of yourself. if you can't get government job because of too much man know man, you can get in private firms provided you know why you went to school. Worst case, open a business in line with your academic qualification, if you are good at what you do, money will come.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by oludavkay: 8:07pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:
I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer onboard the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

Thank you

I am interested bro. Pls add me to your team
Re: I Regretted Going To University by tot(f): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
SmartPolician:

This one never even sabi tense

One million ko, one billion ni

And also can't even spell Panther. Cheap scammer.

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by ifeolamide00(m): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Send a PM
I'm interested too
Re: I Regretted Going To University by leonard509(m): 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you
I'm in bro..
Re: I Regretted Going To University by dododawa1: 8:10pm On Sep 28, 2020
Join APC or PDP or LABOUR union,those ones don't need certificate.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by salveoP(m): 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you
. Interested...
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Absquare20(m): 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you

I am interested
abelabdul30@gmail.com
Re: I Regretted Going To University by RedPanthar: 8:12pm On Sep 28, 2020
SEND A PM IF YOU'RE INTERESTED. I'M ONLY SELECTING 10 PERSONS EVEN IF 1000 PERSONS APPLY
Re: I Regretted Going To University by coolakins(m): 8:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
This is simply a failure of the Elders in our society (including our parents). They mostly encouraged us to get educated and at most graduate with good grades and then, what happens...?
I graduated too hoping to get a job in a bank but after 2years of circulating my CVs throughout VI in futility, I decided to "ditch" my certificates and I became a local computer repairer but today... I can say I'm small business Owner and not doing bad at all.
I admire Ibo boys for there resilience and foresight. They serve "Oga" and at the end get "settled" and then Graduates will now serve them.
Now, I must guide my wards in there chosen careers or betterstill channel their interests in economical viable courses or professions that will make them productive, employed or unemployed.

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by ejimatic: 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
nokia1000:
My certificates have become useless. I graduated in 2008, passed out of NYSC in 2010. Till date I have not used my certificates for anything. What I am regretting in my life now is time I wasted in the university. My wife graduated in 2015, she is now learning tailoring because she couldn't get a job too.
. This is what our leaders have turned Nigeria to since 1983 when the military took over.It became worse as from 1999 when the civilians began ruling us again.We produce graduates every year without any plan for their employment. Even if there is a vacancy they give it to their families . Very soon we will be marking our 60 years of corruption backwardness and penury of the masses No jobs no employment no electricity. and so on .I sympathise with you .Dont feel regret for your education .Lay your hand on anything good.Soon you will get what you eserve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regretted Going To University by Aflix(m): 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

You have the opportunity to correct that.

Opportunity transforms...

Thank you
please, I'm interested in this.
Re: I Regretted Going To University by MisterKings(m): 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
philipstanley:
The essence of education is not to get a job only
it is because to be useful to yourself and the society

School does not give you direct access to get a job

So I will not be useful to myself if I don't go to school
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Yankee101: 8:14pm On Sep 28, 2020
Nope. Nothing wrong with getting an education. But you were supposed to milk everything it had to offer;

1. entrepreneurship (the person selling you zobo and chinchin is almost definitely doing well right now while you were laughing at them in school they were learning the real world),

2. networking (a good percentage of jobs at the higher Cadre are filled by referrals all over the world)

3. Passing with flying colors- Most first class get some sort of offer immediately after school. 2.1 is the choice for most entry level jobs

4. Learning a skill while offering your services for free or cheap. Internships etc

5. Study a relevant course (this is not an issue as you can learn coding on the side etc)

6. Don't give up. Most success comes from multiple attempts

1 Like

Re: I Regretted Going To University by InvertedHammer: 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
nokia1000:
/
Go and become a mason ( master plastering and block works). Sure it is a hard job but you will never be broke. Best of all, you will be getting a free workout. No gym membership necessary. Don't forget to wear good hand gloves.

\

2 Likes

Re: I Regretted Going To University by StankovicEgeni(m): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=RedPanthar post=94352354]I'm pleased to invite you to join my content writing team. Yes, I'm recruiting an elite team of content writers and together we're going to be involved in " writing articles remotely " as part of a bigger business model. Each writer onboard the team earns 1 Million Naira at the end of our working partnership together.

I'm interested.... pls, here's my number: 09033408083
Re: I Regretted Going To University by YUSTECH3(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
Interested
Re: I Regretted Going To University by nairalee(m): 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you

Interested
Re: I Regretted Going To University by bigiyaro(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
nokia1000:
what did u study?
Re: I Regretted Going To University by mightykay(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you
I'm interested
Re: I Regretted Going To University by OLP46(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2020
RedPanthar:

Thank you

Interested sir/ma
Re: I Regretted Going To University by Eva165: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
Join any MLM networking business and stop looking for job in Nigeria....Join Norland and be free...........inbox my mail if interested and I will coach on how to make 7 figures..

gebrielford.airfus@gmail.com
Re: I Regretted Going To University by stealmatic(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=RedPanthar post=94353987] am interested ,contact me on enitanadeleke2@gmail.com
Re: I Regretted Going To University by 41lady(m): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2020
nokia1000:

Bro,
It is said, no matter what, before you experience or have anything, there are others who have experienced worst or had that thing before you.

Meaning, I graduated since 2005 as top gradual for the session in unimaid and had my NYSC POP 2007. Currently, I am still looking for job also. Thus, you are not the only one in Naija mess of unemployment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (21) (Reply)

JAMB Cutoff Mark Is Out: See 10 Most Sought After Universities / 'Lost Beauties': The Incredible Cars That Time Forgot (Pics) / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.