Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,883 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today (14603 Views)

Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) / EFCC Returning N11.9M Stolen By RCCG Deacon To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Edusouls(m): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Careful your slowly slipping away from the only true path towards being lost in the dark..
RapistOnBail:
sad

I can’t keep serving an imaginary idol who brings chaos to both living and non living things.

My eyes don open.

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Edusouls(m): 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2020
So this is ur excuse of stopping to go church?
tobechi74:
I go to church in my heart

ere are people who prefer to buy ready made cloth and there are those who prefer to buy the material and see it according to their size. First they measure themselves using a meter rule then they cut off some pieces of material from the one bought in the market.

As we grow older, our body size increases. We need bigger tops. We do not keep forcing the smaller clothes on ourself. We will either feel uncomfortable or the cloth will get torn. We simply discard it or give it to our younger one and go get another cloth that fits us.

Unfortunately ,we do not adapt the same concept to our belief. As a kid, we are told what to believe,vwe do not choose them because we are too young to make decision. As we grow older, we begin to outgrow our religion. Certain belief no longer appeal to us . We have more questions than answer. We are told to rely on faith. This is the way the religion want to tie is down to it . Like a teacher who loves his student so much he does not want her to get promoted. He threatened his student with punnishnent to prevent his moving to next level. Such love cannot be in the best interest of the child. Religion threaten it’d adherent with hell to keep them glued together.

This is a sign that we need to try another cloth.we do not owe our religion any form of loyalty. We need to let go in search of better belief. Stagnant water attracts mosquitoes. One who stays so long in one belief would have a retarded manner of thinking.

We can go to the library or internet and read alternative religion practice.we can choose one that suits us and explore.Trying a new religion is a faster way for behavioral Change.

Every new religion sprung up from a founder who was not comfortable with existing religion of his time. Bobby Henderson invented pasterfaranism. Buddhism broke out as a social protest against Hinduism caste system. Jesus deviated from Judaism. Each religion was created out of dissatisfaction wilh existing status quo.

Each of the founder created a religion that fit their personalities. As long as you know yourself, you can create your religion that suit whom you are. The involve eradicating the part of the beliefs that do not appeal to your values., authentic self.Jesus valued forgiveness ahead of revenge. Love became his central theme. Buddha focused on how to stop world suffering . Detachment was his answer .

Each one of us can focus on any part of the world and try to make it better .we must not go about preaching our new religion to others . Living it in our daily activities is Paramount. As long as we keep wearing the garment of another founder, we will not be truely comfortable.we remain inauthentic. What fits A cannot fit B. This leads to hypocrisy

https://tobechispeaks./2020/09/17/customising-your-own-religion/

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Edusouls(m): 4:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
When it starts now you start disturbing pastor all around the place, continue messing up urself
EyezofGod120:
angry one babe dey find me come by 11
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by RapistOnBail: 4:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Edusouls:
Careful your slowly slipping away from the only true path towards being lost in the dark..
There can’t be light when there’s no darkness. The dark is quite as important as the light so to say.

Try exploring your dark lonely part. It ain’t that scary as you think. You’d find out you’ve been delusional so far.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Edusouls(m): 4:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
MisterGrace:
I don't feel like.

Too many hypocrites in the church.

Too many corrupt pastors and politicians in the church.

The only girl I ever loved in my life was snatched by a pastor who was supposed to be our counselor.

Too many wicked people in the church maltreating their house help or their husband relations.

I no dey do again.

Anything church just dey vex me.

I am a Christian, but I no dey eye service poo.
yes you’re right bro, I once thought like you stopped going to church but I realised I was doing myself, soul race is single, you and you alone, neglect people and run ur race, everyone would be paid in full according to his or work in this life
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by komodapson(m): 5:19pm On Sep 27, 2020
I now practice more of spirituality

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Kyra1(f): 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
Mr Op, nobody will chase you from church if you don't have offering. So that should not stop you from going to church if you are a true Christian.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Mummyclieva: 5:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hunger
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
iramure:
but if you fail to bring money to church, the pastor will make you seem you have committed a heinous crime

you cannot buy your way into Go's heart neither can you pay your way into Heaven - Righteousness and Love is all is required, if your pastor tells you different, then he is a false-prophet. God is more than a Centillionaire and you think you won't go to heaven because of your measly N100o for tithe and offering - If you have children and you tell your child that they may not enter your house until they put some change at the gate, would you consider your father a loving man or a stingy bastard.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 27, 2020
komodapson:
I now practice more of spirituality

YEEEEES! an enlightened one - Spirituality not Religion is the Language of God

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Meesquared000(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
I want to make it exactly 365 days not going to church. Currently at 300.. 65 more.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by DaCharis2016: 7:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
I need a church where so much love is shared among members and not just selected few.

Can I get a good recommendation?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by merieam16(f): 7:51pm On Sep 27, 2020
annyplenty:

This type of thread is subtly AntiChristian and I don't know how many times I have seen it come to the front page.

Why can't you make a topic like 'Why you should go to church today' and post the thread as early as possible on a Sunday morning so that those who didn't want to go to church can read and change their decision rather than them to come and be telling you why they did not go.

God have mercy.
u can still make a thread with the bolded

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Bejusttoall: 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
No longer a Christian.
Why, can you please share?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by psalmylee(m): 8:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Who church help..
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by psalmylee(m): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
DaCharis2016:
I need a church where so much love is shared among members and not just selected few.

Can I get a good recommendation?
church of satan
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by psalmylee(m): 8:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
Wolgrace:

A subtle thread created to promote chaos, faithlessness and unbelief, but unfortunately you blindly contributed much to it.

As an ex-muslim and idol worshipper, I can boldly tell you that you are a baby Christian unfit for the Holy Ghost teachings of Jesus Christ. You are operating under Satanic anointing!

Many Churches today keep saving unbelievers than that of Acts, yet you keep creating stumbling block of unbelief to the unbelievers to remain unbelieving..
sorry oo.Adult Christian.. Weray

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I haven't yet found the kind of church in the book of Acts yet.

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.
You can start it
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:
I HAVE OTHER BETTER WAYS TO WASTE MY TIME.
God can snap your life in a second. Never refer being in God's presence as a waste of time.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by CAPSLOCKED: 8:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
jcmaiah:

God can snap your life in a second. Never refer being in God's presence as a waste of time.

I DARE HIM TO DO IT TONIGHT.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Zetty177x: 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
JIMMY1393:

I agree with you bro but that you point if them not marrying ugly females dey funny me lmao....I'm sure Jesus too would have married a beautiful woman

Lol. So Jesus for marry ugly woman Choi..who go Marry them now? You are savage
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by DCatt: 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
Church is a social gathering, nothing is really spiritual there.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

I DARE HIM TO DO IT TONIGHT.
Be very careful of challenging your maker. He is a merciful God but doesnt like to be dared.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by pweshdodo(m): 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
Timfreds:

Jesus loves you.
Your soul shall not be lost.
I am not lost
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by annyplenty(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
merieam16:
u can still make a thread with the bolded
Ok. Noted
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by JIMMY1393: 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2020
Zetty177x:

Lol. So Jesus for marry ugly woman Choi..who go Marry them now? You are savage

Lool ugly men and women still dey find partners today na...wether na ugly marry ugly or fine marry ugly cos of money, green card, love etc

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Lamasta(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Zetty177x:
I think I have many reasons:

First I have issues with pastors and certain members. The Pastors think they are holier than thou. They feel they are closer to God..than you. Many pastors n their followers don't have the fruit of the spirit. We have seen their behavior can I start to mention? See the way Ibiyiemi behaved recently?...some xtians will tell u not to look at them but Christ. But when they want to collect tithe , they won't ask Christ directly for the tithe.. I remember I went to Mountain of Fire at Igbefun Round about Lekki..the ushers removed chair from my waist..I almost fell on the ground...I was waiting after closing for friend inside...not even up to 5mins, they came like rioters, dragging chairs...na wa for those people

Another reason is offering n tithe.i prefer to give to the poor than these jet and Aeroplane, designer wearing pastors. They are so worldly ..
they fry their hair and marry fair and the most beautiful ladies. They hardly marry the ugly ones.

Summary..in Nigeria, church is business.

I prefer to worship God at home and do good deeds. He lives in me. I love my God. I don't need a fellow human to tell me he sees God ..or God spoke to him
If these are some of your reasons then I must say you have a good heart but can you just be blind to the pastors and enter the sanctuary to serve God I will implore you please do...The church is a place of prayer Isaiah 56:7
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by prepresh(f): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=94357159]I haven't yet found the kind of church in the book of Acts yet.

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.[while not try Dunamis and thank me later.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by prepresh(f): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
Why not try Dunamis and thank me later
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by CAPSLOCKED: 11:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
jcmaiah:

Be very careful of challenging your maker. He is a merciful God but doesnt like to be dared.

I'LL DARE HIM OVER AND OVER AGAIN.
DARING YOUR GOD IS JUST LIKE DARING SANTA CLAUSE.
MY BAD, SANTA MAY EVEN SHOW UP WITH GIFTS OR JUST HIS WHITE BEARD.
BUT YOUR GOD WILL NEVER. I'M WAITING FOR HIM TONIGHT TO PROVE YOU RIGHT. IF HE DOESN'T SHUT ME, WELL, MORE AND MORE BLASPHEMY.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Matthew Ashimolowo: Take COVID-19 Vaccine, Don’t Join Conspiracy Theorists / 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God / I Need Deliverance From Powers From Fathers' House- Help Me Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.