Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today (14598 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Fifteen Basic Beliefs You Didn't Know About Jehovah's Witnesses / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 27, 2020
Penco2020:

Very deeply broke.

God needs your soul not your money
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by KLand(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2020
I went to church ooo. Glad to be back to congregational worship after the Covid 19 lockdown.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by iramure(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2020
psychalade:

I thank God for opening your mind eyes to the slave religion antics! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gH1hUeRDYtE
religion has really dealt with me negatively in the past. I will always be afraid of what is not real, doubting my intelligence because i believe I need holy spirit to interpret things to me before I take a step. I became lazy believing my own intelligence is not worth it. My confidence has been completely taken away. Miracles only take place in the bible. No physical miracle done any pastor in jesus name. I pity those still believing the nonsense

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by iramure(m): 11:28am On Sep 27, 2020
SegFault:

It's not about black and white my friend, over religious countries are usually dirt poor. Check out South America, Latin America, the Middle East, some European countries you'd see the pattern.
you said the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by iramure(m): 11:31am On Sep 27, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

God needs your soul not your money
but if you fail to bring money to church, the pastor will make you seem you have committed a heinous crime

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2020
0KNM:
People wey go church yesterday, where dem dey today?

Abegi

[img]https://media1./images/3567bb6a821629cceef326f3f884ade0/tenor.gif?itemid=15959266[/img]

Take it easy abeg
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by vickydevoka(m): 11:34am On Sep 27, 2020
To much nacking yesterday night. My wife no gree me rest
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by CAPSLOCKED: 11:41am On Sep 27, 2020
ike95:
wise up man, God remains the solution

SOLUTION FOR WHAT?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by musa234(m): 11:45am On Sep 27, 2020
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Champele(m): 11:45am On Sep 27, 2020
I don't have time to go listen to the same thing I've been hearing for the past 30yrs. After which I will spend money to refill the anointed ones private jets. I don chop apple �. My eyes don open

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by benjatoba(m): 11:52am On Sep 27, 2020
I did not go to church because I have come to realize that it is a business for some people.

True religion is loving your neighbour as yourself irrespective of whether they are christians, muslims, atheists, gays, lesbians or heterosexuals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Ubongdemaga: 11:53am On Sep 27, 2020
Where did Jesus say we should go to church? What is really in the church? Going there to listen to stories from the so call men of God telling u how God bless them financially? how they raised death, make cripple to walk, yet mortuaries are full with dead bodies? Going to church to give money and tithe to enrich one man and his family? Those men will preach on what they are good at and hide the area they are found vulnerable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Bedesipop(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2020
Thanks for that input

Dangrace01:
Listening to Eckhart Tolle Life is now.

Just thinking of how wonderful Life is. He says there is nothing like past or future, life is happening now even when you think of the past you can only think of it now. The future exist as thought forms just an illusion

So my friends live life now!! now!! now!! now!!

Anything you want to do do it now.

Life is more deeper than doing things religiously.

Steve job once said knowing Im going to die is
Best way I know I have nothing to loose. So why are you living a limited life Go out and fight for your dreams nothing on Earth can stop you.

Happy Sunday
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Akayitzomu: 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
am really sick am on drip
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by tunddy(m): 12:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
It is well

We provide the best and affordable properties any where in Lagos or outside lagos being it is sales or leasing of properties.

For more information Chat or call

081::322::85233
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Positiveme2020: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
[b][/b][quote author=Zetty177x post=94358300] I think I have many reasons:

First I have issues with pastors and certain members. The Pastors think they are holier than thou. They feel they are closer to God..than you. Many pastors n their followers don't have the fruit of the spirit. We have seen their behavior can I start to mention? See the way Ibiyiemi behaved recently?...some xtians will tell u not to look at them but Christ. But when they want to collect tithe , they won't ask Christ directly for the tithe.. I remember I went to Mountain of Fire at Igbefun Round about Lekki..the ushers removed chair from my waist..I almost fell on the ground...I was waiting after closing for friend inside...not even up to 5mins, they came like rioters, dragging chairs...na wa for those people

Another reason is offering n tithe.i prefer to give to the poor than these jet and Aeroplane, designer wearing pastors. They are so worldly ..
they fry their hair and marry fair and the most beautiful ladies. They hardly marry the ugly ones.

Summary..in Nigeria, church is business.

I prefer to worship God at home and do good deeds. He lives in me. I love my God. I don't need a fellow human to tell me he sees God ..or God spoke to him[/quote]

The bolded is so true.
That's my reason also.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by FuckThaMod: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2020
0KNM:
People wey go church yesterday, where dem dey today?

Abegi

[img]https://media1./images/3567bb6a821629cceef326f3f884ade0/tenor.gif?itemid=15959266[/img]
This gif cracked me the fvck up grin grin grin
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by edoairways: 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
I stop attending because of unanswered prayers. No point wasting my time praying for more than a decade without results

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by mariodko190(m): 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
God forgive me cry
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Xmuslim: 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
danyero:
I examined my belief and realized it does not hold up to reality. I was a Christian because I was born into it, I could easily have been born Muslim or Hindu or to one of the many other religions.
welcome to the sane community. I did same to the Islam that I was born into.

Only critical, unbias, and lack of fear of the imaginary hell fire in these religions can set one free.

RELIGION IS NOT FOR EVERY HUMAN. I THINK I'VE EVOLVED ABOVE RELIGION

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Xmuslim: 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
edoairways:
I stop attending because of unanswered prayers. No point wasting my time praying for more than a decade without results
they will tell you God has a better plan for you that you should be patient grin. Or

Your sin is too much that's why God is not answering you grin. Or

Your faith is weak grin. or

Other lies grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Xmuslim: 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
Akayitzomu:
am really sick am on drip
pray to God and leave hospital. Let's test the power of this unseen Yahweh sef.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Rapsodee(m): 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2020
I discovered it will hard for a religious man to be successful in this life...I mean religious man, not a spiritual man unless if you're rich already or have helpers.

Why?

Church of nowadays demand for almost everything that you have.

The little money you have, the time you should be investing for bettering your life, your unending commitment and so on.

And if you fail at any point to meet their requirements, you're seen as a fool or a betrayal...it's like a contest or competition.

More like members are trying to prove themselves.

Some will still be pompous as if they are the most spiritual. Church is complicated nowadays and we need restructuring.

Another thing is that pastors brainwash people anyhow without knowing the effect on their members...today, they will tell you money is not everything... Don't waste your life chasing it...another time, they will be like You're not meant to be poor...and I will be like

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Xmuslim: 12:29pm On Sep 27, 2020
iramure:
religion has really dealt with me negatively in the past. I will always be afraid of what is not real, doubting my intelligence because i believe I need holy spirit to interpret things to me before I take a step. I became lazy believing my own intelligence is not worth it. My confidence has been completely taken away. Miracles only take place in the bible. No physical miracle done any pastor in jesus name. I pity those still believing the nonsense
people are still in this delusional state (especially sunni Muslims). They trust revelation (Qur'an) more than their own brain. Thus, they're stuck in the delusion forever.

I stopped believing in religion when I started using my brain properly without indoctrination interference.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by capnies: 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=jesusjnr2020 post=94357159]I haven't yet found the kind of church in the book of Acts yet.

I'm still searching... Maybe one day because that my kind of church, my kind of mindset, my kind of commitment, my kind of focus, my kind of Word which is the Words Of Jesus!

I hope to find one soon, if I don't find one, it means I might have to start one.

But in the meantime, I'd keep preaching the Words of Jesus and i'm doing great because God's with me so I don't need to be in church building to feel His presence.

God bless.[/quote

Can we start one? what are you looking for in Church gathering?
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by KushLyon(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
Bahamas95:
Going to church is not my thing from day one. I had lots of problem with mumsy back then while I was still under her roof because she always forced me to go to church.

I am now staying alone and I can't even remember the last time I went to church. I believe in one on one relationship with my creator.....These pastors and over sabi hypocritical fvcking church members annoy me. "I have a short fuse" Make I nor go vex oneday burst person head for church. It's better I stay at home.
grin
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by kennyz247(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2020
calculator123:

I am not trying to be savage, but you need to work on your English writing skills.

Cheers!
ok sir Mr teacher
who English help?

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Xmuslim: 12:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
We shall keep educating you guys, not because we want you to be extremely wise and confident like us (and thus leave religion), but because we want you to have some doubts about the validity of your religion.

Having doubt however little will help yo to be less judgemental about other people's perspectives such as other religions, other sexual orientations etc.

It will also help some of you with great empathy not to worry too much about the afterlife of your loved ones who don't follow your religion. You will accept the possibility of your loved ones not ending in the eternal Lake of fire despite his/her religion believe.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by NaijaBoy213(m): 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
grin grin
vickydevoka:
To much nacking yesterday night. My wife no gree me rest
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by Fastlinkpro: 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lord have mercy on me. I will go to church next Sunday to feel the word,
meditate the word.just feel lazy today.

Some times studying and understanding scripture is difficult for me but when I listen to preaching , I understood more.

Anything to build my christian life. Me l like it.
The other day, pastor preached about when Job saw that his prayer was not answered,he stop praying for himself and instead pray for his friends and his prayer was answered. I usually ponder over bible stories.

Another story I head a pastor preached that moved me was about Nebuchadnezzar.
When Nebuchadnezzar ordered 3 men of God into fire. He then shouted and asked: I ordered 3 men ( Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego) into fire but how come am seen 4? The fourth was an angel.

Seen that they were not hot and amazed.

Therefore he issue this decree: Anyone anywhere, of any race, color, or creed, who says anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego will be ripped to pieces, limb from limb, and their houses torn down. There has never been a god who can pull off a rescue like this.”

Listening to bible stories lifted my spirits and I set tears listening to those stories.

No wonder the bible says faith cometh by hearing.
Re: Tell Us Why You Didn't Go To Church Today by JaceBlaze: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
Haven't gone to church for the past 15 years.What am I missing there?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

27-year-old Man Jailed For Stealing Church Offering In Lagos / Matthew Ashimolowo: Take COVID-19 Vaccine, Don’t Join Conspiracy Theorists / 22 Bible Verses About Love Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.