Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,085 members, 7,953,304 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:52 PM

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? (2211 Views)

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? / Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by sonmvayina(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
poiunt:

Laws needs to be written down. Human beings are opportunists in nature.

There are people who will oppress the weak if laws are not written down.

Also not every human has the tendency to do good, many are evil in nature and do not care about morals , so we need written laws to tame their nature.

I agree with you to some extent..but the UK has no written laws.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by shadeyinka(m): 2:56pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

Write a composition of not more than 10 lines about the creator..without making use of other peoples idea..use your own idea or words..
I don't need to.

But let me set set you off in the right direction.
1. The universe has a beginning
2. The law of Entropy is a fundamental force that acts to keep everything in the Universe disorganized
3. Order within the Universe can only occur when a constrained/directed external force reverses entropy.
4. Within the expanding universe are several clusters of order on both micro and macro scales
5. There must therefore be a directing external force external to the universe that created order within it.
6. This external directing force is the Creator of the Universe.
7. A synonym for this Creator of the Universe is "GOD"!

The contrary to the above is simple: Everything we see created itself.!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 2:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
Dantedasz:

I know right from wrong because it is inbuilt in my psyche.
I don't need any book to tell me killing or stealing is wrong. I just know that I can distinguish right from wrong.
So if someone comes up tomorrow with a new religious book and tells you killing is good or stealing is good then you will embrace it??
I just love religious people!

You know because you were taught from young by your religious parents that good is good and evil is bad.

Stop acting like once you were born it was naturally inbuilt in you.

Your parent, church or mosque and school taught you that.

There are lot of opportunists people outthere who dont believe in any moral code, they will kill, cheat and destroy if given an opportunity.

In every religious book there is no place where killing is good and stealing is good, so if someone brings that new religion, moral people will understand that that person is evil and does not have the interest of society or himself or herself in place.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 3:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

I agree with you to some extent..but the UK has no written laws.

The Uk has written laws, pls do your research well
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by sonmvayina(m): 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2020
poiunt:

The Uk has written laws, pls do your research well

They don't...I schooled and stayed there for 8 years...
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

They don't...I schooled and stayed there for 8 years...

They do, what they said was the Uk does not have a written constitution not laws.

A unwritten constitution does not mean laws are not written

1 Like

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by sonmvayina(m): 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2020
shadeyinka:

I don't need to.

2. The law of Entropy is a fundamental force that acts to keep everything in the Universe disorganized
3. Order within the Universe can only occur when a constrained/directed external force reverses entropy.
4. Within the expanding universe are several clusters of order on both micro and macro scales
5. There must therefore be a directing external force external to the universe that created order within it.

If this was WAEC I will score you F9...well,that aside I quite agree with your postulations..but you did not describe anything..

So how does anybody know what this force wants ?or hates ..
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 3:14pm On Sep 27, 2020
One thing, i love about athiest is that they write lot of words without no meaning or even evidence to back up their arguments
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by shadeyinka(m): 3:22pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

If this was WAEC I will score you F9...well,that aside I quite agree with your postulations..but you did not describe anything..

You agree with everything I said and yet it's worth an F9!?

Aren't you not being objective?

My first post on this:
shadeyinka:

If one could think critically and without bias, you will land at the door of the Creator.

However, knowing the Creator is another thing entirely
I have addressed you Question with emphasis on the @red highlight
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by shadeyinka(m): 3:24pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

My first post on this:
shadeyinka:

If one could think critically and without bias, you will land at the door of the Creator.

However, knowing the Creator is another thing entirely
I have addressed your Question with emphasis on the @red highlight
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by sonmvayina(m): 3:59pm On Sep 27, 2020
shadeyinka:

My first post on this:

I have addressed you Question with emphasis on the @red highlight

No you haven't..I said a composition on the creator..not what or where he fits in..
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by LikeAking: 4:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
Frenzy01:
I no longer believe in religion or going to church, this development is quite surprising due to my upbringing in a staunch Deeper life Christian home.

I find myself laughing sometimes unconsciously when someone mentions prayers as a solution to a problem.
Maybe this is due to the fact that I've prayed and fasted for years for a financial breakthrough but all to no avail.

When I see people that are less religious or morally corrupted doing well and presiding over the overly religious people, I feel bad the more.

I don't wanna believe anymore in chopping life for heaven, I wanna Live a good life also here on Earth.

I hope I'm not going over the board?
I hope everything is still normal with me?

Welcome to this world.

When you become an adult you will know the truth abouth life.

Religion has been made the center of our lives and the result is tears.

Live you live like a human being.

use your head.

Forget religious stuffs.

Ask your sef this question.
"What has God done for me"

Check well nthing.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dantedasz(m): 4:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
poiunt:

You know because you were taught from young by your religious parents that good is good and evil is bad.

There are lot of opportunists people outthere who dont believe in any moral code, they will kill, cheat and destroy if given an opportunity.

[b]In every religious book there is no place where killing is good and stealing is good, [/b]so if someone brings that new religion, moral people will understand that that person is evil and does not have the interest of society or himself or herself in place.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dantedasz(m): 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2020
poiunt:

In every religious book there is no place where killing is good and stealing is good,
so if someone brings that new religion, moral people will understand that that person is evil and does not have the interest of society or himself or herself in place.

This is hilarious.
In your bible I can point out series of instances where the God of the Israelites supported Israel to pillage,steal and rob the inhabitants of the land of milk and honey. This same God supported openly and covertly the genocide and slavery of entire civilisations.
The two ten commandments in exodus does not once condemn slavery or enslaving nations.
Jesus Christ in all his teachings NEVER condemned slavery. Paul/Saul condoned slavery. Paul was a sexist who admonished women to be silent in the presence of men no matter how intelligent the woman and no matter how dense the man. This same book advocates death for witches.This same religious condons covertly rape and abuse of women.This same religious book condones sex between siblings as well as human sacrifice!If you want I can give you passages.
So much for your book of morals! undecided
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Dantedasz:

This is hilarious.
In your bible I can point out series of instances where the God of the Israelites supported Israel to pillage,steal and rob the inhabitants of the land of milk and honey. This same God supported openly and covertly the genocide and slavery of entire civilisations.
The two ten commandments in exodus does not once condemn slavery or enslaving nations.
Jesus Christ in all his teachings NEVER condemned slavery. Paul/Saul condoned slavery. Paul was a sexist who admonished women to be silent in the presence of men no matter how intelligent the woman and no matter how dense the man. This same book advocates death for witches.This same religious condons covertly rape and abuse of women.This same religious book condones sex between siblings as well as human sacrifice!If you want I can give you passages.
So much for your book of morals! undecided

The God of isreal supported isreal to take the loot during wars, when they conquered another country and these still happens till today, even in local wars, the conquerors pillage the conquer.

Slavery has been part of human civilization even till today, slavery still exists btw it took Christians nations to stop slavery even here in Africa.

You write like only religious people do all the things you mentioned, even athiests countries kill people every day, here in africa human sacrifices was the order of the day until the European came to stop it.

The funniest thing is you are just looking at some of the negative things in the bible, what about the positive, don't be bias.

Even the bible prescribed the consequences and prohibitions against rape, murder and incest

prohibitions against incest are found predominantly in Leviticus 18:8–18 and 20:11–21, but also in Deuteronomy.

In respect to Paul, he praised women like Priscilla and Lydia who were leaders in the early church.
When Paul arrived in Corinth, Priscilla and Aquila invited him to stay with them until they all relocated to Ephesus some months later. When Paul left Ephesus for his missionary tour, he left Priscilla and Aquila in charge of the church that met in their home.

When Apollos arrived in Ephesus, he was an eloquent believer and teacher, but was uninstructed in some doctrines. Priscilla and Aquila taught him more about the gospel. This remarkable couple are mentioned six times in the New Testament, and most of the time Priscilla is mentioned first (contrary to the culture) suggesting that Paul considered her the leader of the two.

Let's not forget Phoebe, who Paul mentioned in Romans 16:1 as a “deacon of the church of Cenchrea.” (The Greek word is Diaconos) She carried Paul's letter to the Romans from Greece -- a perilous journey by sea and land. Paul commended her work in the church at Cenchrea.

If paul was sexist, how then did he learn from women?

We can see what the world is turning to when people leave their religion and follow materialism, follow atheism, anarchy, greed and crime on the rise.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dantedasz(m): 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
poiunt:

The God of isreal supported isreal to take the loot during wars, when they conquered another country and these still happens till today, even in local wars, the conquerors pillage the conquer.

Slavery has been part of human civilization even till today, slavery still exists btw it took Christians nations to stop slavery even here in Africa.

You write like only religious people do all the things you mentioned, even athiests countries kill people every day, here in africa human sacrifices was the order of the day until the European came to stop it.

The funniest thing is you are just looking at some of the negative things in the bible, what about the positive, don't be bias.

Even the bible prescribed the consequences and prohibitions against rape, murder and incest

prohibitions against incest are found predominantly in Leviticus 18:8–18 and 20:11–21, but also in Deuteronomy.

In respect to Paul, he praised women like Priscilla and Lydia who were leaders in the early church.
When Paul arrived in Corinth, Priscilla and Aquila invited him to stay with them until they all relocated to Ephesus some months later. When Paul left Ephesus for his missionary tour, he left Priscilla and Aquila in charge of the church that met in their home.

When Apollos arrived in Ephesus, he was an eloquent believer and teacher, but was uninstructed in some doctrines. Priscilla and Aquila taught him more about the gospel. This remarkable couple are mentioned six times in the New Testament, and most of the time Priscilla is mentioned first (contrary to the culture) suggesting that Paul considered her the leader of the two.

Let's not forget Phoebe, who Paul mentioned in Romans 16:1 as a “deacon of the church of Cenchrea.” (The Greek word is Diaconos) She carried Paul's letter to the Romans from Greece -- a perilous journey by sea and land. Paul commended her work in the church at Cenchrea.

If paul was sexist, how then did he learn from women?

We can see what the world is turning to when people leave their religion and follow materialism, follow atheism, anarchy, greed and crime on the rise.

I have debated many religionists on these boards. Some have threatened me. Some have abused me. Some have turned logic on it head but you ard the first one who has tried to dodge my points and try to talk about something totally unrelated to what we are talking about.
I just day laugh!!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by shadeyinka(m): 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

No you haven't..I said a composition on the creator..not what or where he fits in..
Exactly!
Can't you see that everything boils down to the existence of the Creator?

If I had started with God is this and God is that, would it have been reasonable to a person who doesn't even believe in the reality of God?

It is only when you have come to a logical reality of the existence of God that it becomes reasonable to seek to know Him.

Can one believe in the reality of Santa Claus by a mere description of him? Does this make sense to you?

Don't forget you are the advocate of CRITICAL thinking. Don't fall my hands o!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 6:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Dantedasz:

I have debated many religionists on these boards. Some have threatened me. Some have abused me. Some have turned logic on it head but you ard the first one who has tried to dodge my points and try to talk about something totally unrelated to what we are talking about.
I just day laugh!!

I didn't even dodge your point, every point i wrote answered your questions. Even a logical person will read and understand.

I personally believe you are bias and programmed to view everything in negative way even though , lot of positives are in the bible.

You talked about pillage, slavery, incest, rape and even called paul a sexist,

I quoted bible passages where the bible is against rape, incest aand murder and how paul wasnt a sexist because women were in his ministry.

I also wrote that slavery and pillage is part of human civilization, and how Christians stopped slavery even in Africa and all over the world

Even killing of witches wasn't a religious thing per se but something that had to do with revenge, the bible is against witchcraft and witch killings which is murder.

People who read, think and those who are objective and not bias will read and understand what i wrote down.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
You're 100% alright!
Knowledge means the accumulation of useful information, everyone has it depending on their exposure in life.
Wisdom means the practical application of accumulated information which leads to lasting benefits, only few have this because it doesn't come by chance, those who possess wisdom do work to acquire it.

So nobody is born with religious beliefs, we learned everything we have in our brains today. Therefore if you have the feeling that there are some useless files in your memory card that needed to be deleted nobody is going to help you do that, you either keep your files if they're still of benefits or trash them when you don't need them again! smiley
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by sonmvayina(m): 6:50pm On Sep 27, 2020
shadeyinka:

Exactly!

If I had started with God is this and God is that, would it have been reasonable to a person who doesn't even believe in the reality of God?

It is only when you have come to a logical reality of the existence of God that it becomes reasonable to seek to know Him.

Can one believe in the reality of Santa Claus by a mere description of him? Does this make sense to you?

You have my attention.go on..
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by shadeyinka(m): 6:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
sonmvayina:

You have my attention.go on..
The ball is in your court!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by sonmvayina(m): 10:21pm On Sep 27, 2020
shadeyinka:

The ball is in your court!

How do?.. I gave a class work, you have not finished it.. Finish and submit it let me mark and grade you...

Write a composition on the creator, using your own idea.. Not what you read from a book..
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Image123(m): 2:18am On Sep 28, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

JUST LIKE YOU, I THOUGHT I WAS INSANE TO NOT BELIEVE IN DEITIES UNTIL 6 YEARS AGO WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT THERE WERE MILLIONS LIKE ME ON THIS FORUM AND EVERYWHERE ELSE ON AND OFF THE INTERNET.
YOU'RE PERFECTLY NORMAL AND LEAVING RELIGION WOULD BE ONE OF THE BEST DECISIONS YOU'LL MAKE IN YOUR LIFE.

Any real believer knows there are billions of sinners out there. It is a pity you just knew this six years ago.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Image123(m): 2:25am On Sep 28, 2020
kingxsamz:
Good.
It means you're gradually coming back to your default state, and also to your senses.
We weren't born as Christians or Muslims.
We didn't uphold any belief whatsoever, not until we were fed fictional stories as facts.

All humans were born to worship. The ones who don't worship God or the popular gods worship trees, the sun, water, human beings, money, women, education, all kinds of things. Nebuchadnezzar worshipped himself at a point. What is your god?

1 Like

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by kingxsamz(m): 2:30am On Sep 28, 2020
Image123:

All humans were born to worship. The ones who don't worship God or the popular gods worship trees, the sun, water, human beings, money, women, education, all kinds of things. Nebuchadnezzar worshipped himself at a point. What is your god?

You can keep stalking me and replying all the posts I made yesterday, that's your business.
I've got important work to do rn. You should rest. cheesy
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by shadeyinka(m): 6:11am On Sep 28, 2020
sonmvayina:

How do?.. I gave a class work, you have not finished it.. Finish and submit it let me mark and grade you...

Write a composition on the creator, using your own idea.. Not what you read from a book..
So, you successfully convinced yourself to be a self announced examiner with no credential other than noisemaking!!!
Sorry to engage you. I thought you had a spark of intelligence for a little critical thinking.

shadeyinka:

If one could think critically and without bias, you will land at the door of the Creator. However, knowing the Creator is another thing entirely

sonmvayina:

Write a composition of not more than 10 lines about the creator..without making use of other peoples idea..use your own idea or words..

shadeyinka:

I don't need to.

sonmvayina:

shadeyinka:

Exactly!

What a Self glorified self appointed examiner with no iota of ability for his noised critical thinking!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Dantedasz(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2020
poiunt:

I didn't even dodge your point, every answer i wrote answered your question. Even a logical person will read and understand.

I personally believe you are bias and programmed to view everything in negative way even though , lot of positives are in the bible.

You talked about pillage, slavery, incest, rape and even called paul a sexist,

I quoted bible passages where the bible is against rape, incest aand murder and how paul wasnt a sexist because women were in his ministry.

I also wrote that slavery and pillage is part of human civilization, and how Christians stopped slavery even in Africa.

Even killing of witches wasn't a religious thing per se but something that had to do with revenge, although the bible is against witchcraft and not witch killings which is murder.

People who read, think and those who are objective and not bias will read and understand what i wrote down.

I have come to the sad conclusion that
1. You have not read the bible.
OR
2. You are deliberately being economical
with the truth about the bible.
OR
3. You are a troll just making an argument
for arguments sake.

Have a nice day.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by sonmvayina(m): 8:38am On Sep 28, 2020
shadeyinka:

So, you successfully convinced yourself to be a self announced examiner with no credential other than noisemaking!!!
Sorry to engage you. I thought you had a spark of intelligence for a little critical thinking.

OK, so what have you said?.

What a Self glorified self appointed examiner with no iota of ability for his noised critical thinking!
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by poiunt: 9:10am On Sep 28, 2020
Dantedasz:

I have come to the sad conclusion that
1. You have not read the bible.
OR
2. You are deliberately being economical
with the truth about the bible.
OR
3. You are a troll just making an argument
for arguments sake.

Have a nice day.

I know your biased mind won't let you see the reality, it is clouded by negativity. You read the bible with lack of understanding.

The bible is filled with wisdom, it is filled with trading and investment secrets, philosophy, political and judicial principles and also religious teachings. It is a complete book.
Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Denique(f): 10:10am On Sep 28, 2020
Frenzy01:
I no longer believe in religion or going to church, this development is quite surprising due to my upbringing in a staunch Deeper life Christian home.

I find myself laughing sometimes unconsciously when someone mentions prayers as a solution to a problem.
Maybe this is due to the fact that I've prayed and fasted for years for a financial breakthrough but all to no avail.

When I see people that are less religious or morally corrupted doing well and presiding over the overly religious people, I feel bad the more.

I don't wanna believe anymore in chopping life for heaven, I wanna Live a good life also here on Earth.

Just like you, I was born in the Church too but left a few years ago.

You can do same— find another Pentecostal church that aligns with your spirit but, don't STOP being a Christian, please.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? by Kobojunkie: 9:19pm On Oct 02, 2020
Frenzy01:
Be Happy, for it means there is hope for your soul still!
Frenzy01:
Jesus Christ never told anyone to pray and fast for financial breakthrough. Never! He never even instructed us to believe in the words of Pastors and churches. That was all you choosing to believe in the lies of men(doctrines and traditions) that only serve to nullify the power of God in your situation.
Frenzy01:
Not yet! You still have to decide whether you finally want to OBEY Jesus Christ commandments(live your life in obedience of His commandments and Truth) or you can always choose to become an unbeliever and live out your days doing the best you can for you and you alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Satanists To Get A Monument Next To The Ten Commandments In USA!! / History of the Bible: Most Controversial Book In The World / Pastor Selling Beer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.