Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil (8467 Views)

Which Bible Verse Has Brought More Souls To Christ? / Why Sex Videos Would Lead Many Souls To Hell / Cross River Government Bans Religious Gathering Of More Than 5 People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2020
Selling your soul to the devil for fame and money is not a new idea. In fact, history, legends, and stories are full of characters who professed that they made a bargain with the evil one. At what price? And why did they do it?
It is quite hard to fathom why there people who choose to bargain with the dark side, and yet, there appears to be some popular beings who apparently made the deal. The question really is: did they really sell their souls?

1. (Bob Dylan)
Bob Dylan was a popular musician during the turbulent years of the late 1960s and the early 1970s. His songs were very much of the protests against the Vietnam War. When asked why he continues to make music, he said that it had something to do with the "destiny thing". He said that he bargained for his popularity and that he was only holding his end of the deal. He was asked with whom he made a deal and he answered, "With the chief, the commander of this Earth and the world we can't see!"
So was he referring to the devil? Or was it just an association that we have been used to? You see, popularity, wealth, and everything worldly are things people crave for. Some believe that the only way to achieve those is to have a pact with the devil. But then again, can you also make a pact with God to achieve those things?

2. (Kanye West)
"I sold my soul to the devil... it came with a few toys like a Happy Meal." This is a line uttered by Kanye West in a freestyle rap show early in his career. Was he really serious or was it just an expression that can be normally heard during freestyle rap battles. Artists have a way with words and they often use lines that are familiar to their listeners.

Some people, however, believe that Kanye West did sell himself to the dark side as shown by his bling-blings that are of Masonic and Illuminati influence. But are those actual profession of faith or are they just mere expressions of artistry?

3. (Katy Perry)
Katy Perry was asked in an interview how she started in the music business and she said that she used to sing Gospel music and it was her vehicle to the industry. Unfortunately, her career did not take off the ground. To make a name in the music industry she said, "I sold myself to the devil."
Okay, she did mention that she made a pact with the devil! But, was she being literal about it or was it a metaphorical? Was it her way of saying that she did not pursue her initial plan of doing Gospel music and instead do mainstream music that is appreciated by millions of people?

4. (Eminem)
"If I could take it back, I would never have rapped. I sold myself to the devil; I'll never get it back" is a line in Eminem's rap song "Say Goodbye Hollywood". With his bad reputation, one can easily say that this popular rap artist did really sell his soul.
Still, the nagging question is: "Is it poetic license or does he literally mean what he said?"

5. (Rihanna)
Rihanna: "I am misunderstood a lot; my music, my image, the whole thing about me - maybe I'm a devil worshipper. They're reading into my hand over my eye in my album cover".
Interviewer: "Why is your hand over your eye?"
Rihanna: "Because I'm a devil-worshipper, what are you talkin' about?"
So these lines are conversations in a radio interview with Rihanna. If you will take a close look at how the conversation went, Rihanna was being sarcastic in her answer to the question - because people were calling her "devil-worshipper" simply because of her album cover.

Some insist that it was an actual confession that she really is on the dark side. They even support the claim by saying that her life is actually full of misery that there can be no other conclusion other than being evil herself.
Now, is it real or is it just a conclusion drawn from various circumstantial evidences weaved together to make a good story?
Do you know of anyone else that have sold their souls to the devil? Let us know here

thanks!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by emillysmigael(f): 1:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
You do not dine with a viper and get filled unbitten.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 1:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
emillysmigael:
You do not dine with a viper and get filled unbitten.

yes that's true

1 Like

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Bessppectt(f): 1:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ok
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by MadeINchenzen2: 2:00pm On Sep 27, 2020
u forgot lalasticlala l, ishilove, rocktation, mynd44, farano, Dominique and seun lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by illicit(m): 2:08pm On Sep 27, 2020
Pls where can I see d devil

I want to tell him something

10 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 2:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
illicit:
Pls where can I see d devil

I want to tell him something

lol,
this guy na clown

10 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by HallaDaTruth: 2:18pm On Sep 27, 2020
There are more than 5. This list is extremely short

3 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
HallaDaTruth:
There are more than 5. This list is extremely short

yes that's why we need more opinions and suggestions

all this our Nigerian musicians sold their souls too
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
MadeINchenzen2:
u forgot lalasticlala l, ishilove, rocktation, mynd44, farano, Dominique and seun lipsrsealed

sorry my bad,
I hope they can really help do the needfull
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by HallaDaTruth: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
webmaster99:

yes that's why we need more opinions and suggestions

all this our Nigerian musicians sold their souls too

Check out this article on the type of sacrifices that celebrities do for money and fame

https://www.nairaland.com/5592999/types-satanic-sacrifices-carried-out
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by adaora17901: 2:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
You do not dine with a snake and get filled unbitten.

1 Like

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by decatalyst(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2020
Op, this people wey you report sat dem sell their soul to the devil, I hope they remembered to write receipt sha. grin I don't like cheating undecided

Op, forget Chris Brown...a good pointer is in his track "Fallen Angel"...the lyric says a lot.

7 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Liposure: 4:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
The devil is present at our disposal
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Karemarealty288(m): 4:55pm On Sep 27, 2020
Any day you become greedy and kwarrupt ....you have sold your soul to the Devil ..QED

3 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 5:10pm On Sep 27, 2020
Karemarealty288:
Any day you become greedy and kwarrupt ....you have sold your soul to the Devil ..QED

hmmm.
Deep words
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 5:12pm On Sep 27, 2020
decatalyst:
Op, this people wey you report sat dem sell their soul to the devil, I hope they remembered to write receipt sha. grin I don't like cheating undecided

Op, forget Chris Brown...a good pointer is in his track "Fallen Angel"...the lyric says a lot.

all this are people that have sold their souls
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Nobody: 5:15pm On Sep 27, 2020
Ok so y'all won't mention p square
Wizkid
Burna boy
Olamide
Davido
Naira Marley
Runtown
Ladipoe
Omah lay
And others

1 Like

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by fati2001(m): 5:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
very short list..
you forgo about the super Mega's . example
Obama
Queen Elizabeth and families
Serena
Jay-Z
Beyonce
Michael Jackson and families
Nicki
50 cent
the weeknd =many of his songs are prove.
Bill Clinton and families
Miley Cyrus
jaden and families
Justin Bieber
Timberlake.
Drake = started from the bottom now we're here
uncountable famous and wealthy people.

4 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
fati2001:
very short list..
Obama
Serena
Jay-Z
Beyonce
Nicki
50 cent
please explain Obama and queen Elizabeth to me
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
fati2001:
very short list..
Obama
Serena
Jay-Z
Beyonce
Nicki
50 cent
cause this thread is stupid
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by fati2001(m): 5:35pm On Sep 27, 2020
Tabasco23:
cause this thread is stupid
okay.

1 Like

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by fati2001(m): 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Tabasco23:
please explain Obama and queen Elizabeth to me
it a long story.
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
fati2001:

it a long story.
nah you just have proof to start claiming shit like this
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by fati2001(m): 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2020
Tabasco23:
nah you just have proof to start claiming shit like this
I don't have time to drag keyboard with someone.
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2020
fati2001:

I don't have time to drag keyboard with someone.
why do you guys always talk without proof, this is one of the minor reasons most Nigerians are behind

1 Like

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by fati2001(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Tabasco23:
Nigerians are behind
yes because they are too religious.
and are too blinded to see the the truth....... even when the devil is displaying the prove.
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
fati2001:

yes because they are too religious.
and are too blinded to see the the truth....... even when the devil is displaying the prove.
Kazakhstan is the most religious country in the world and they don't have this type of mentality
Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by fati2001(m): 5:49pm On Sep 27, 2020
Tabasco23:
Kazakhstan is the most religious country in the world and they don't have this type of mentality
cuz they accepted the truth and the fact that Luficer is ruling the world.. by giving fame, power, money and worldly things to whoever bow down to him.
end of discussion

1 Like

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Jesse98(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
biko were u there when they actually sold their soul to the devil..or abi u are devils Personal assistant...... go n hustle to improve ur earnings n try and improve ur stance with ur God and stop worrying on other people who are far ahead of u on how they leave their life's or Hw dey made their money

4 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by Walexdubia(m): 6:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
webmaster99:
Selling your soul to the devil for fame and money is not a new idea. In fact, history, legends, and stories are full of characters who professed that they made a bargain with the evil one. At what price? And why did they do it?
It is quite hard to fathom why there people who choose to bargain with the dark side, and yet, there appears to be some popular beings who apparently made the deal. The question really is: did they really sell their souls?

1. (Bob Dylan)
Bob Dylan was a popular musician during the turbulent years of the late 1960s and the early 1970s. His songs were very much of the protests against the Vietnam War. When asked why he continues to make music, he said that it had something to do with the "destiny thing". He said that he bargained for his popularity and that he was only holding his end of the deal. He was asked with whom he made a deal and he answered, "With the chief, the commander of this Earth and the world we can't see!"
So was he referring to the devil? Or was it just an association that we have been used to? You see, popularity, wealth, and everything worldly are things people crave for. Some believe that the only way to achieve those is to have a pact with the devil. But then again, can you also make a pact with God to achieve those things?

2. (Kanye West)
"I sold my soul to the devil... it came with a few toys like a Happy Meal." This is a line uttered by Kanye West in a freestyle rap show early in his career. Was he really serious or was it just an expression that can be normally heard during freestyle rap battles. Artists have a way with words and they often use lines that are familiar to their listeners.

Some people, however, believe that Kanye West did sell himself to the dark side as shown by his bling-blings that are of Masonic and Illuminati influence. But are those actual profession of faith or are they just mere expressions of artistry?

3. (Katy Perry)
Katy Perry was asked in an interview how she started in the music business and she said that she used to sing Gospel music and it was her vehicle to the industry. Unfortunately, her career did not take off the ground. To make a name in the music industry she said, "I sold myself to the devil."
Okay, she did mention that she made a pact with the devil! But, was she being literal about it or was it a metaphorical? Was it her way of saying that she did not pursue her initial plan of doing Gospel music and instead do mainstream music that is appreciated by millions of people?

4. (Eminem)
"If I could take it back, I would never have rapped. I sold myself to the devil; I'll never get it back" is a line in Eminem's rap song "Say Goodbye Hollywood". With his bad reputation, one can easily say that this popular rap artist did really sell his soul.
Still, the nagging question is: "Is it poetic license or does he literally mean what he said?"

5. (Rihanna)
Rihanna: "I am misunderstood a lot; my music, my image, the whole thing about me - maybe I'm a devil worshipper. They're reading into my hand over my eye in my album cover".
Interviewer: "Why is your hand over your eye?"
Rihanna: "Because I'm a devil-worshipper, what are you talkin' about?"
So these lines are conversations in a radio interview with Rihanna. If you will take a close look at how the conversation went, Rihanna was being sarcastic in her answer to the question - because people were calling her "devil-worshipper" simply because of her album cover.

Some insist that it was an actual confession that she really is on the dark side. They even support the claim by saying that her life is actually full of misery that there can be no other conclusion other than being evil herself.
Now, is it real or is it just a conclusion drawn from various circumstantial evidences weaved together to make a good story?
Do you know of anyone else that have sold their souls to the devil? Let us know here

thanks!
Lol here in Nigeria, we sold ourselves to far worse than the devil... example insecurity, Terrorism, Corruption, unemployment, low standard of living, lack of infrastructure, illiteracy, poor health care.. Abeg the list too long self...

Muslims, Christains, Devil worshippers, idol worshippers, scientism, etc...last last we are all gonna face our creator....

5 Likes

Re: 5 People Who Sold Their Souls To The Devil by webmaster99(m): 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Walexdubia:

Lol here in Nigeria, we sold ourselves to far worse than the devil... example insecurity, Terrorism, Corruption, unemployment, low standard of living, lack of infrastructure, illiteracy, poor health care.. Abeg the list too long self...

Muslims, Christains, Devil worshippers, idol worshippers, scientism, etc...last last we are all gonna face our creator....

lol,
but what if am not even a nigerian?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Plain Concept Of Eledumare And Orisas With The Reality Behind Them / Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / 5 Unbelievably Good Reasons To Read Your Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.