Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,468 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault (38192 Views)

Appeal Court Upholds ₦50M Damages Against Abbo For Slapping Intima Gadget Seller / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: APC expels Senator Abbo For Criticising Tinubu On AIT / Peter Obi Blasts Senator Elisha Abbo For Slapping Nursing Mother Mercilessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by usorosolomon(m): 4:13pm On Sep 28, 2020
My people please help me, I don't wants to die from heart break and depression please. I can't pay back the loan I borrowed into business which crashed because of covid 19. The owner is threatening to arrest me please I'm so down and weary please anyone with capacity to help me. I don't wants to kill myself please. 08067928513.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by Danniedpastor(m): 4:15pm On Sep 28, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Will you shut that your gutter you called mouth up...Who are the Niger deltans? Well I'm not blame you I blame Obasanjo that handled over power to that drunkard.

Niger delta is just like a bonus to North, southwest, southeast so stop dreaming of power .

At this rate, you may never have sense in your life.
You call us bonus and we have been feeding you and your family for life.

Is this stupidity or madness?
I don't blame you Sha.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by sadi78: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
That’s good!

[b]My Yoruba brothers, do not cause division in the South because of some selfish politicians. South West have produced President 8yrs, V.P 8yrs.

We Niger deltans had only 4yrs (Jonathan) and we are not fools, we must complete our tenure before power moves to the South West.

They say Igbos have not built bridges across Nigeria, well that is for the igbos to answer.

Niger deltans will build good political structure with the North ahead of 2023 to complete our tenure we don’t care about the party, our people are in the major political parties.
Politics is a game of number.. 2023 is still our turn! we cant vote any candidate from any part of this country apart from north!

We believe our Yoruba neighbors will support us to complete our tenure for fairness and unity.

Nigeria can not survive Boko haram and shutting down of crude oil production in the Niger delta which will result to scarcity of petro and hardship (increase in price of good and transportation)

God bless Nigeria [/b]

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by sadi78: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2020
Politics is a game of number.. 2023 is still our turn! we cant vote any candidate from any part of this country apart from north!

We believe our Yoruba neighbors will support us to complete our tenure for fairness and unity.

Nigeria can not survive Boko haram and shutting down of crude oil production in the Niger delta which will result to scarcity of petro and hardship (increase in price of good and transportation)[/color].

God bless Nigeria [/b] [/quote]

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by Danniedpastor(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2020
Belial06:
[s][/s]
This one is mad
Power remains in the North!!
After all did Yar Adua complete his tenure?
Wasn't it you guys who finished it for him?
Thieves

You too dumb How many tenure is Buhari doing? Or is Buhari's North different from that of Yar'Adua?
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by OlujobaSamuel: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
FirstCounsel:

Its not for any Judge/Magistrate to fish around and do the job of the Prosecution. If you fail to come prove your case or pursue it diligently, the Court is duty bound to strike it out for want of diligent prosecution.

Perhaps the lady allowed the criminal aspect of the matter to 'die' in court in order to focus more on the civil aspect. That's why you can see the end result from this Court Judgment.
I know it's not the place of a judge to do the job of the prosecutor, but it's still this same country that our judges throw out evidence base on flimsy excuses in the name of technicalities, so I won't be surprised if such is the case here.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
I swear if you tell him to pay 500k he will not pay it talk on 50m . Nobody take Nigeria court serious again Especially the politicians.
and this is simple truth.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by nedekid: 4:22pm On Sep 28, 2020
Racoon:
Coming late but fine anyway.Send the idiot to prison with hard labour in addition.Useless lawless man.
No prison for him as he won the criminal case.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by juman(m): 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2020
Unrealistic judgement.

N50m is too much.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by Chidecmail: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
Belial06:
[s][/s]

This one is mad

Power remains in the North!!

After all did Yar Adua complete his tenure?

Wasn't it you guys who finished it for him?

Thieves
A born Criminal referring to well learned and enlightened figure as GEJ as a thief?. You uneducated cattle rear who had the opportunity to survive cuz of the name Nigeria has the boldness to insult a tribe that has fed your generation form 1914 to date. I don't blame you I blame that ikwerepikin that can not put you were you belong, if it was an igbo man now he could have been jumping up and down like a monkey.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by UtuokeAlcoholic: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Will you shut that your gutter you called mouth up...Who are the Niger deltans? Well I'm not blame you I blame Obasanjo that handled over power to that drunkard.

Niger delta is just like a bonus to North, southwest, southeast so stop dreaming of power .
Baba why you dey insult my ogogoro cousin from utuoke

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by sonofthunder: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
fergie001:
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5277755/senator-elisha-abbo-slaps-beats#79873471

The Criminal case against the Senator was earlier struck out in July, for lack of diligent prosecution.

The Civil aspect of the matter was instituted at the FCT High Court
Suit No. CV/2393/19 - Osimibibra Warmate v Senator Elisha Abbo.

SOURCE

Two senior members of the legal team who filed the case for
Ms. Warmate confirmed same via Twitter.

Nelson!

Lugard Tare-Otu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGdvOQsgpEA
A little fair to the woman....... But nothing to the senator.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by nedekid: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
I swear if you tell him to pay 500k he will not pay it talk on 50m . Nobody take Nigeria court serious again Especially the politicians.
Guess you don't know about court process. If he does not pay willingly. She will file for a garnishee. His accounts or assets will be frozen and used to pay her.

"A garnishee proceeding is a form of judgment enforcement procedure in money related matters whereby a person called the judgment creditor seeks to obtain from a third party called the garnishee the amount which he, the garnishee owes or holds in custody for the defendant called the judgment-debtor."

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by naijadrivablog: 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good news.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by Elijahnonso1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
quote author=IkwerrePikin post=94398104]That’s good!

My Yoruba brothers, do not cause division in the South because of some selfish politicians. South West have produced President 8yrs, V.P 8yrs.

We Niger deltans had only 4yrs (Jonathan) and we are not fools, we must complete our tenure before power moves to the South West.

They say Igbos have not built bridges across Nigeria, well that is for the igbos to answer.

Niger deltans will build good political structure with the North ahead of 2023 to complete our tenure we don’t care about the party, our people are in the major political parties.

Nigeria can not survive Boko haram and shutting down of crude oil production in the Niger delta which will result to scarcity of petro and hardship (increase in price of good and transportation)

God bless Nigeria
[/quote]

The problem most people have is not knowing their root.

You useless poster, I am reminding you that Ikwerre which you claim to be her Pikin going by your name is Igbo and nothing but Igbo.
If you think you are insulting Igbo which you are not part of, you are directly insulting your father, siblings, yourself, family, village and entire community.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by nedekid: 4:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
valentineuwakwe:
will the court order be implemented or the said senator would want to drag it to the supreme court!
That is truelly an option.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by maasoap(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jafar1:
She don blow

Not at all, still a long way to go
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by iramure(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2020
samwillyco1:

That won't be problem, that is if they will be any court judgement
I beg free me, I want who will beat me with money involved after court settlement

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by laughitall(m): 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2020
nazicartel:
All these young politicians seff... But 50m is very small, they would have asked him to pay 300m..
na ur country money him go still use pay

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by nazicartel(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
laughitall:
na ur country money him go still use pay
and na my country woman go chop the money
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by maasoap(m): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
Chidecmail:

A born Criminal referring to well learned and enlightened figure as GEJ as a thief?. You uneducated cattle rear who had the opportunity to survive cuz of the name Nigeria has the boldness to insult a tribe that has feed your generation form 1914 to date. I don't blame you I blame that ikwerepikin that can not put you were you belong, if it was an igbo man now he could have been jumping up and down like a monkey.

GEJ wasn't only a thief but stealing friendly. You remember the popular phrase "stealing is not corruption"? Sound familiar?
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by MJluv(f): 4:37pm On Sep 28, 2020
ignis:
Please I am available for assault. someone should come and assault me.
If you're expecting the plaintiff to get that money, my sister you're expecting too much
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by ignis: 4:39pm On Sep 28, 2020
MJluv:
If you're expecting the plaintiff to get that money, my sister you're expecting too much

What makes you think she will not get the money?
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by Belial06: 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
[s]
Chidecmail:

A born Criminal referring to well learned and enlightened figure as GEJ as a thief?. You uneducated cattle rear who had the opportunity to survive cuz of the name Nigeria has the boldness to insult a tribe that has feed your generation form 1914 to date. I don't blame you I blame that ikwerepikin that can not put you were you belong, if it was an igbo man now he could have been jumping up and down like a monkey.
[/s]

You guys are nothing but a race of uneducated drunkards .. useless GEJ had power and couldn't even develop bayelsa that place is a cesspit of poverty and crime just like Rivers State and delta states.

The niger delta will be annexed by the north if Nigeria breaks so you better stop pushing for Nigeria to break .

You guys will never be left alone to govern yourselves as you have shown to be unfit to rule or govern yourselves.

You are a minority, a weak one at that so when other tribes are talking, you should not make a sound.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by Champele(m): 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
This is one of good. Very very good. It set a good example. Our people are suffering daily intimidation from our big men and leaders
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by adenigga(m): 4:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
writeprof:

There's something called censorship and demarketing in the media. The dailies you are talking about will gain nothing from marketing a news that will demarket a senator- potential client.

Thanks! For the enlightenment.

It's been confirmed @ least from the Guardian Newspaper.

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by chris51(f): 4:48pm On Sep 28, 2020
God bless the lawyer that represented Ms Warmate.

Senator Abbo is an animal and I hope he has learnt his lesson. Things have started changing in Nigeria.

Imagine a so called senator publicly assault a woman because he thinks he is above the law

1 Like

Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by nedekid: 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
Gabe427:
this dude would settle outside court there's no way he's paying 50M

if I were the woman I'll make sure he pays the whole 50M the media her strongest weapon

I dey wait make one senator or local government chairman slap me on video
is either he appeals the jusdgement or he pays!
Does he not have bank accounts? Are you saying a sanator in Nigeria does not own atleast a house?
The senator has assets and all the lady needs to do is file for a garnishee order. His accounts will be frozen in all banks. His house will be sealed by the court bailiffs and sold.
A friend of mine that was abroad when sued. He did not present any proper representation in court assuming our judicial system does not work.
Omo, my guy one day tried to get money from his account, e no work. He stormed the bank only to be told his account has been garnishee. All his accounts liked to his bvn! All his money gone to settle his judgment. Till today he cannot keep money in any bank. He can only deposit but not withdraw. He is lucky his house was not taken
Even if you have account or property in London the same garnishee from naija go still pursue your assets there.
Lawyers can explain better.
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by chris51(f): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
chris51:
God bless the lawyer that represented Ms Warmate.

Senator Abbo is an animal and I hope he has learnt his lesson. Things have started changing in Nigeria.

Imagine a so called senator publicly assaulted a woman because he thinks he is above the law
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by samwillyco1(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
iramure:
I beg free me, I want who will beat me with money involved after court settlement

Calm down, I go do the beating, you go carry me go court, if you win I go pay you, if you lose I go sue you for character assassination period. grin grin grin grin
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by MemoriesAndMe: 4:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
nazicartel:
All these young politicians seff... But 50m is very small, they would have asked him to pay 300m..
50m too small? If somebody offer to slap you three times and get paid 50m, will you reject the deal?
Re: Court Awards N50 Million Against Senator Abbo For Assault by rummmy: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
IkwerrePikin:
That’s good!

My Yoruba brothers, do not cause division in the South because of some selfish politicians. South West have produced President 8yrs, V.P 8yrs.

God bless Nigeria
how many years is remaining? Remaining years + 5years =more than 8years.....
South east =0years ,please our brother should support us to get our own 8years......thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari With French President, Emmanuel Macron At One Planet Summit (Photo) / Buhari Cuts His 76th Birthday Cake In Aso Rock, Abba Kyari Sings / Amotekun: Malami Denies Outlawing Security Outfit, Claims Misinterpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.