Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:56 AM

If You Have A Question Ask - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Have A Question Ask (1951 Views)

A Question To My Friends Who Are Believers / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 12:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
Is the truth worth finding
Reading a number of posts on nairaland religious section I am reminded of 1 Timothy 4:7, the way people post and pay attention to myths, legends, fables, and tales is quite alarming but not surprising. It would be more important if we actually studied the scripture more regularly and intensively than quote others but it is sad many don't have the time nor zeal to.

If you could get an answer to any question in scripture what would you ask?

And if that answer questions all you once believed and thought to be true, what would you do?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 1:03pm On Sep 29, 2020
I have a question that nobody seem to want to adress .please can you help me out...

Through which old testament prophet did God Admonish people to believe in the death of the messiah in other to be saved ,rather than obeying his laws and commandments..?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
Amos 3:7 says 'God does nothing without first revealing it to his servants the prophets'.so which prophet did God reveal to that he had a son and was sending him as a sacrifices for sin ,and that we have to kill him and believe that he died for us in other to be saved from a hell that he created...

Waiting patiently for answers..
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 2:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:
I have a question that nobody seem to want to adress .please can you help me out...

Through which old testament prophet did God Admonish people to believe in the death of the messiah in other to be saved ,rather than obeying his laws and commandments..?
None spoke against the ten commandments not even Jesus, but the mosaic law ended with his sacrificesmiley
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 2:59pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:
Amos 3:7 says 'God does nothing without first revealing it to his servants the prophets'.so which prophet did God reveal to that he had a son and was sending him as a sacrifices for sin ,and that we have to kill him and believe that he died for us in other to be saved from a hell that he created...

Waiting patiently for answers..
speaking about the death of the messiah
Prophet Daniel
Read Daniel 9:20-27, especially verses 26 and 27
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 4:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sonmvayina here is an interesting scripture for you to read.

But He was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on Him the guilt and sins of us all. From prison and trial they led Him away to His death. But who among the people realized that He was dying for their sins – that He was suffering their punishment? I will give Him the honors of One who is mighty and great, because He exposed Himself to death. He was counted among those who were sinners. He bore the sins of many and interceded for sinners.” (Isaiah 53:5-6, 8, 12)
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 4:22pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Sonmvayina here is an interesting scripture for you to read.

But He was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God’s paths to follow our own. Yet the Lord laid on Him the guilt and sins of us all. From prison and trial they led Him away to His death. But who among the people realized that He was dying for their sins – that He was suffering their punishment? I will give Him the honors of One who is mighty and great, because He exposed Himself to death. He was counted among those who were sinners. He bore the sins of many and interceded for sinners.” (Isaiah 53:5-6, 8, 12)

What am I supposed to do with this ?...it is talking about a suffering servant..and time after time isaiah told you the servant was israel....12 chapters prior 42:7-9.

Please update your knowledge.

https://www.aish.com/sp/ph/Isaiah_53_The_Suffering_Servant.html?mobile=yes

Please read the above ,no knowledge is lost
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 4:28pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

What am I supposed to do with this ?...it is talking about a suffering servant..and time after time isaiah told you the servant was israel....12 chapters prior 42:7-9.

Please update your knowledge.

https://www.aish.com/sp/ph/Isaiah_53_The_Suffering_Servant.html?mobile=yes

Please read the above ,no knowledge is lost
is it not interesting how you didn't respond to the Daniel I gave you

How you skipped the bolded cheesy

I purposely didn't bold it the first time to see if you would read it or not gringrin and indeed you likely skipped it

lmao, I will view the link you posted eh, I'm coming o cheesy
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 4:36pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sonmvayina I saw something interesting in the article I going to ask you. It says the term "my servant" refers to the nation Israel but then how then does it explain verse 8 which references "the servant dies for his people" right?

So how does a nation which is a people die forrrr... Which people?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 4:44pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sonmvayina it's funny how the writer references Peter's statement in Matt 16:22, probably thinks people won't read it or even read the rest of the chapter as the write doesn't mention the correction or that the those who taught scripture of those days taught numerous errors.

I would like to know what this author thinks about John the baptist.

Lol still laughing, How exactly do you believe what they wrote shocked, most of the points don't reflect a traditional teaching but an after taught.

That teaching is so erroneous, at no point did God say a nation will carry the sins of the world, heck they couldn't even bear their own sins.

What even qualifies them to do so? grin grin grin

I am sorry but I am still laughing let me get to the verse 11 and see what twisted logic the author has.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
Sonmvayina that article is amusing. Even one with a little understanding of ancient Hebrew and Torah would know Jesus never broke the Sabbath.

I must say the author tried hard, grin grin

It reminds of the Ethiopian who was reading the scripture without prior knowledge of Jesus and he asked Philip, WHO IS Isaiah writing about

Acts 8:34 cheesy
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:08pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
None spoke against the ten commandments not even Jesus, but the mosaic law ended with his sacrificesmiley

When did God say his laws where going to come to an end ? Or you are just been miss lead ?

When did God plan the jesus sacrifice? As a replacement for his laws ?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:

speaking about the death of the messiah
Prophet Daniel
Read Daniel 9:20-27, especially verses 26 and 27

You are just throwing verses here and there without evening reading them in context..it is talking about an anointed king or high preist...

Jesus was not anointed ,or was he ?..anointed with a special oil....

So my friend the passage can not refer to Jesus...maybe Herod or one of the later kings.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
is it not interesting how you didn't respond to the Daniel I gave you

How you skipped the bolded cheesy

I purposely didn't bold it the first time to see if you would read it or not gringrin and indeed you likely skipped it

lmao, I will view the link you posted eh, I'm coming o cheesy

Read a better translation..

https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/15984
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

When did God say his laws where going to come to an end ? Or you are just been miss lead ?

When did God plan the jesus sacrifice? As a replacement for his laws ?
oh have you not read where the LORD God said, in a book written by a major prophet, that he will bring in a new covenant and do away with the old.

Oh, or what about the other prophets that wrote and spoke about this new covenant and promise of God upon his people.

Every word of God RETURNS to God FULFILLED.

The laws of moses had a purpose, don't you know cheesy
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

You are just throwing verses here and there without evening reading them in context..it is talking about an anointed king or high preist...

Jesus was not anointed ,or was he ?..anointed with a special oil....

So my friend the passage can not refer to Jesus...maybe Herod or one of the later kings.
to be anointed means to be appointed right, to be chosen and recognized.

Was Jesus recognized by God? Yes he was.

Did God use a prophet and one with the blood of a priest to declare him anointed and chosen by God? Yes his name is John the baptist son of the priest Zachariah.

Was oil poured on the head of Joshua cheesy did God not choose him and use him like he did many other leaders of his people.

You might think taking a small part of my post to make a point would prove something but it would only be as meaningless as when the devil quoted part psalms to Jesus who understood the complete message and meaning. cheesy cool
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:47pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
oh have you not read where the LORD God said, in a book written by a major prophet, that he will bring in a new covenant and do away with the old.

Oh, or what about the other prophets that wrote and spoke about this new covenant and promise of God upon his people.

Every word of God RETURNS to God FULFILLED.

The laws of moses had a purpose, don't you know cheesy

Hahahaha funny you..quote the prophet and chapter..
The new convenant was a convenant of ever lasting peace that the messiah will usher in ..has it happened ?No oo

Just by the way side,why was it necessary for Go to suddenly have a son ?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

Hahahaha funny you..quote the prophet and chapter..
The new convenant was a convenant of ever lasting peace that the messiah will usher in ..has it happened ?No oo

Just by the way side,why was it necessary for Go to suddenly have a son ?
cheesy who said it was sudden grin
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:49pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
to be anointed means to be appointed right, to be chosen and recognized.

Was Jesus recognized by God? Yes he was.

Did God use a prophet and one with the blood of a priest to declare him anointed and chosen by God? Yes his name is John the baptist son of the priest Zachariah.

Was oil poured on the head of Joshua cheesy did God not choose him and use him like he did many other leaders of his people.

You might think taking a small part of my post to make a point would prove something but it would only be as meaningless as when the devil quoted part psalms to Jesus who understood the complete message and meaning. cheesy cool

Who recognized him?..who did God tell he had a son he was sending to die for sins..where are you getting this info?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:51pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
cheesy who said it was sudden grin

Which old testament prophet mentioned Gid having a son..last time I checked ,you need a woman or wife to beget a son.

Apart from God calling israel his first born son..
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

Who recognized him?..who did God tell he had a son he was sending to die for sins..where are you getting this info?
and the virgin shall be with child... etc etc I believe it's in one chapter in one of the major prophets writing cheesy I'm sure you know the rest of that verse
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
and the virgin shall be with child... etc etc I believe it's in one chapter in one of the major prophets writing cheesy I'm sure you know the rest of that verse

It is isaiah 7:1 -19. The woman is question is isaiah's wife..the child is Isaiah second son,the sign was for king Ahaz,it was to assure him that the two kings plotting against him will not succeed..
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

Read a better translation..

https://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/15984
you are right a far better translation indeed, at least it left out the crap that author added cheesy

Despised and rejected by men, a man of pains and accustomed to illness, and as one who hides his face from us, despised and we held him of no account.

The truth testified of him, the lamb who is at the right hand of God, the one called the right hand of God whom God uses to save his people grin
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 5:57pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

It is isaiah 7:1 -19. The woman is question is isaiah's wife..the child is Isaiah second son,the sign was for king Ahaz,it was to assure him that the two kings plotting against him will not succeed..
lol and we do know a married woman is not a virgin cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 5:58pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
you are right a far better translation indeed, at least it left out the crap that author added cheesy

Despised and rejected by men, a man of pains and accustomed to illness, and as one who hides his face from us, despised and we held him of no account.

The truth testified of him, the lamb who is at the right hand of God, the one called the right hand of God whom God uses to save his people grin

You sneaked that in...israel ie jacob is the man..God already said that in chapter 41
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:00pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:
lol and we do know a married woman is not a virgin cheesy tongue

The original hebrew word ia Alma which means a young woman ....common,if it was virgin isaiah would be bombaded with questions..or at least clarified it...read it to verse 19.

Do you know how I know it was isaiahs son..read 8:18
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:02pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:

Was jesus accustomed to illness ?
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

You sneaked that in...israel ie jacob is the man..God already said that in chapter 41
I am not that bold nor stupid to add to God's word or change it's meaning that's just dumb. cheesy

But we know He ALSO spoke to Israel because it says in verse 14 of that 41

Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

grin
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:05pm On Sep 29, 2020
You are just clutching on straws..you find it hard to accept that jesus is a roman creation because you have invested your whole life on it..

Talk true..I used to be a mass server ,...so there is nothing I dont know about Christianity ..so when I tell you jesus I a roman idol ..believe me.
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2020
BlueAngel444:

I am not that bold nor stupid to add to God's word or change it's meaning that's just dumb. cheesy

But we know He ALSO spoke to Israel because it says in verse 14 of that 41

Fear not, thou worm Jacob, and ye men of Israel; I will help thee, saith the Lord, and thy redeemer, the Holy One of Israel.

grin

God is and has always been their savior...from their enemies round them..for the solution to the problem of sin,he has already given them..2nd chronicles 7:14
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by sonmvayina(m): 6:10pm On Sep 29, 2020
When God spoke of salvation in the old testament,it is always from physical danger...not sin..
All God desires when one sins is a sincere repentance ..no human sacrifice was ever ordered or required..
Re: If You Have A Question Ask by BlueAngel444: 6:13pm On Sep 29, 2020
sonmvayina:

The original hebrew word ia Alma which means a young woman ....common,if it was virgin isaiah would be bombaded with questions..or at least clarified it...read it to verse 19.

Do you know how I know it was isaiahs son..read 8:18
And I approached [my wife] the prophetess, and when she had conceived and borne a son, the Lord said to me, Call his name Maher-shalal-hash-baz [as a continual reminder to the people of the prophecy],

1. Not a virgin

But then again how young was Isaiah and his wife when this was written cheesy

A virgin mean a young UNMARRIED woman grin ya you should figure out by now I know a bit of hebrew cheesy

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

We know that God is not a man that he should lie nor the son of man that he should CHANGE HIS MIND grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Muslims Claim They Don’t Bow To Anything Except Allah But Is This True? / The People God(s) Forgot / Marrying A Non-catholic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.